Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore is one of the premier institutions that incorporates ancient wisdom with modern technology, to offer complete healthcare solutions. The College is known for its academic excellence in the field of Ayurvedic education, research as well as patient care. It provides the students with top class education, using the best resources, so as to utilise and explore the boundaries of Ayurvedic Medicine. In my article, I will share details about the college.
Table of Contents
- Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore Overview
- Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore Admissions
- Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Courses Offered
- Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore Fee Structure
- Training and Placements
- Rankings and Review
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore Overview
The Institution was founded in 2006 by Dr Prashanth S Acharya. The College is among the best Ayurvedic institutions under Rajiv Gandhi Health University, Bangalore. It offers the undergraduate Bachelor of Ayurveda in Medicine and Surgery. The BAMS Program is recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine, the Ministry of AYUSH, and the Government of India. The student intake for the course is 100.
|Name||Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital|
|Address||Kakkali Road, Kodigehalli Post, Doddaballapura 561203 Karnataka|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi, Central Council of Indian Medicine|
|Recognized by||Government of India, Government of Maharashtra|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
The vision of the institution is to create a generation who are eager to promote knowledge as well as awareness about Ayurveda worldwide. To teach the essence of Ayurveda in the protection of health, prevention of diseases, health promotion, and self-management. To provide healthcare to individuals, communities, and society.
The Institution aims to provide affordable ayurvedic education promote unique medical treatments, research orientation, global collaboration, and excellent patient care to meet global challenges.
Why study at Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore?
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore is a prominent Ayurvedic institution in the State of Karnataka. It is located at Dodaballapura near Bangalore. The College offers a calm and serene environment with modern facilities. A few reasons to study here are:
- The Institution collaborates with different research organizations to facilitate quality research activities and conduct path-breaking research in the field of Ayurveda.
- It offers student exchange programs through its international partners and partner institutions for scholars to get an experience of intercultural study in the practice of Ayurveda.
- The College aims to motivate the students to develop a mature understanding of the physical, biological as well as social environment, integrated with knowledge to develop responsible healthcare professionals.
- It emphasizes providing the most conducive platform for individual development by encouraging students to be intellectual and socially committed to their work to serve society.
- It operates a 100-bed hospital spread over 10 acres of land with facilities like an herbal garden, pharmacy, canteen, and other facilities as per the norms of the Statutory body.
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore Admissions
The admission procedure for the BAMS Course at Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore is:
- Step 1: You have to write the NEET exam. Make sure you are eligible and also prepare well for the exam.
- Step 2: After the NEET exam is conducted, the results are declared. You will get a NEET scorecard indicating the score and rank.
- Step 3: You have to participate in the State Counseling process. In the state of Karnataka, the counseling process for the BAMS Course is conducted by the State’s competent authority. You have to register yourself on the KEA website.
- Step 4: During the process of counseling, you have to fill up your choices of BAMS Colleges or elsewhere in Karnataka.
- Step 5: Based on your NEET ranking, preference of colleges, and seat availability, you will be allotted a seat in BAMS Colleges in Bangalore or anywhere in Karnataka.
- Step 6: Once the seat is allotted, you have to visit the college for document verification. Make sure you carry the necessary documents, such as the NEET scorecard, 10th and 12th Marksheet, Identity Proof, and other required documents.
- Step 7: After verification of documents, you have to pay the fees as per the college fee structure.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
In order to get admission to BAMS, you must fulfill the given eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 or 12th Class from a recognized college or institution.
- He/ She must have secured aggregate marks of 50% in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
- Candidates must have scored at least 150 marks in the NEET examination.
- Admissions to the course are based on the PUC results and NEET merit list.
Documents Required for BAMS
You must bring along with you the following documents for admission to BAMS:
- 10th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- Passport-size photos.
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Courses Offered
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore offers undergraduate-level Bachelor of Ayurveda in Medicine and Surgery BAMS. The annual intake for the course is 100 seats.
Bachelor of Ayurveda in Medicine and Surgery
BAMS, or Bachelor of Ayurveda in Medicine and Surgery, is a full-time UG course for a duration of 5 years and 6 months. It includes one year of compulsory internship, which is recognized by the CCIM, Delhi. Students can opt for other programs to get exposure to better ayurvedic practices, such as the finishing school program. The finishing school is conducted in collaboration with institutions in Singapore and Europe.
Each subject in the BAMS Course is divided into separate departments. They provide hands-on experience in the field of Ayurveda. Various departments under BAMS are:
- Department of Basic Principles/ Samhita Siddhanta.
- Department of Shareera Kriya.
- Department of Shreera Rachna.
- Department of Dravyaguna.
- Department of Rasashastra and Bhaisajya Kalpana.
- Department of Roga Nidhan and Vikruti Vijana.
- Department of Swasthavritta.
- Department of Agada Tantra.
- Department of Prasuti Tantra and Stri Yoga.
- Department of Kaumara Brithya.
- Department of Kayachikitsa.
- Department of Shalya Tantra.
- Department of Shalakya Tantra.
- Department of Panchakarma.
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore Fee Structure
BAMS Course Fees
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore Fees Structure for BAMS Course is given below:
- The Course Fees are charged as per the guidelines of the CCIM, RGUHS, Bangalore, and decided by the management of the college.
- Hostel and Mess Fees are charged separately from the students every year.
Training and Placements
Ayurvedic Research Centre
Atreya Ayurvedic Research Centre is a state-of-the-art facility that conducts research activities in various aspects of Ayurvedic medicine. The medical research wing is known for its transformative and integrated research in the research sector. The Centre is actively involved in conducting clinical trials, developing formulations, and documenting the efficacy of ayurvedic treatments.
Ayurvedic Practitioners and Training
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore trains and develops highly qualified Ayurvedic Practitioners. The College has expert ayurvedic practitioners who are committed to providing standard healthcare to the patients. The Ayurvedic Research Centre organizes training programs for General Public and Healthcare Professionals. The programs are comprised of short-term courses, workshops as well as seminars in Ayurveda.
Rankings and Review
The Institution is among the top-ranked Ayurvedic colleges in Bangalore. It comes under the Rajiv Gandhi Health University, Bangalore. The BAMS Program is recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH as well as by the Central Council of Indian Medicine and the Government of India.
Top-class infrastructure, best faculties, standard course structure, and excellent placements are reasons for good ranking. Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore has received excellent reviews from students. Students are placed with handsome packages in the best healthcare organizations.
On Campus Facilities Offered
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore is situated in Doddaballapura, Bangalore in Karnataka. It offers a calm and serene learning environment with facilities within the campus. The College focuses on providing value-based education and educating students deeper about the Ayurvedic Principles. Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka, which is well connected to the rest of the country and the world. The young and vibrant place is the hub of educational institutions.
Students from various states and countries come to pursue their studies in Bangalore. The College ensures a homely environment for them during their stay on campus. Some of the facilities offered on campus are:
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College provides spacious hostel facilities for the students. Hostel Accommodation is arranged separately for the boys and girls. The spacious and well-furnished rooms ensure the best environment to study. The mess Facility is attached to the hostels. Health and hygiene are given utmost importance while preparing food for the students.
The College has a neat and clean herbal garden spread over 2 acres of land. There are around 1500 plants in more than 500 species, which are spread in theme beds. Few of these plants are rare and endangered species. The garden is the primary source of the drugs which are prepared for use in the hospital.
The Digital Library at the college provides access to health and medical titles, more than 531 e-videos, 5526 e-books, and more than 300 academic databases accessible to students on the computers within the campus. It has exclusive reading rooms for faculty members and students. It has 10 computers made available to students with software and internet facility.
The Campus offers many other amenities apart from those mentioned above. The College makes sure that the students find the necessary basic facilities within the campus. Other Facilities offered within the campus are:
- Sports and Cultural Activities.
College Contact Details
- Address: Kakkali Road, Kodigehalli Post, Doddaballapura 561203 Karnataka.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Bangalore City Railway Station: 45.3 km.
- Distance from Majestic Bus Stop: 45.1 km.
- Distance from Kempe Gowda International Airport: 37.1 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the BAMS Cut for Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore?
The BAMS Cut off for General Category is 50% and SC/ST is 40% for Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore.
2. How to get admission to BAMS in Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore?
Candidates must have a score of 50% in PCB in 12th Class and also must have at least 150 marks in NEET for BAMS in Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore.
3. How many seats are there for BAMS in the college?
There are 100 seats for BAMS in the college.
4. When was Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore established?
Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College Hospital Bangalore was established in 2006.
5. Is there a hostel facility available at the college?
Yes, hostel facilities are available at the college.
6. Does the college offer PG Courses?
No, the college does not offer PG Courses.
7. What are the facilities offered by the college?
The facilities offered by the college are Library, Auditorium, Canteen, Labs, Herbal Garden and Sports Facilities.
8. How much time does it take to complete the BAMS Course?
It takes 5 years and 6 months to complete the BAMS Course
A small ask
I request you to spare a few minutes of your valuable time and post a review about the college. Let us know the pros and cons of the college. Post your review in the comments section below. Your views and opinions will be valuable for the future Ayurvedic doctor. Be the changemaker in someone’s life. Thanks for your time and review!