Hi! Are you someone who has dreamt of excelling in the world of Ayurveda? Are you planning to enroll at an Ayurveda medical college? If you are about to start your college journey, the most important thing for you is to find detailed information about the college but looking everywhere on the internet won’t be saving your efforts and time. You don’t have to worry about facing any hassle since we are here to help you make a great decision for your future. In this blog, we have gathered the most legitimate information about one of the finest Ayurveda institutes, the Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College Belgavi, read till the end to uncover all about the institute and decide whether it is worth enrolling or not.
Table of Contents
- College Overview
- Admission Procedure
- Courses and Departments
- College Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings and Achievements
- Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
|Name||Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital|
|Address||Shanti Nagar Bedkihal – Shamanewadi, District Belagavi – 591 214.|
|Principal||Dr Dhiraj K. Patil|
|Affiliated to||RGUHS, Bangalore|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM)|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
This institution was established in the year 2002 is located on the Bedkihal Chikodi Road in the heart of Bedkihal and Shamanewadi. It sits on ten acres of land. The structure is built following C.C.I.M./AYUSH standards.
- The overall buildable space is 40,000 square feet.
- The hospital is also located on the same site, with a built-up area of 35,000 square feet.
- The college has a pharmacy that serves inpatients, outpatients, and the general public.
- More than 200 therapeutic plants are grown in the herbal garden.
- It is a well-known institution for the generation and dissemination of knowledge, skills, and values, as well as the formation of an intellectually inventive mindset.
- To educate students from rural regions in the field of Ayurveda and modern science.
- To impart a scientific understanding of Ayurvedic basics, as well as thorough information and practical instruction.
- To conduct research in the field of Ayurvedic medicine.
- To raise health awareness in the local neighbourhood, and teach them about preventative measures.
- To exhibit care for the poor by providing comprehensive information.
- To accomplish expertise, in-depth topic knowledge, and application of knowledge in a real-world environment.
Body and mental health are key requirements for achieving Charuthividh Purusharth, which includes Dharm, Artha, Kama, and Moksha. Vaidya is solely responsible for supplying them to society by providing individuals with health-related instructions.
Why Choose Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College?
Some unique facts about this college that will help you decide whether you should attend it:
- Women’s welfare cell
Society in which women get an equal opportunity is more successful than a patriarchal society. To create progressive and strong women leaders, scholars etc., Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College Belgavi has a women’s welfare cell which is responsible for ensuring that women do not face any inequality and harassment within the campus, they make sure that women get guidance and counselling on any issue they face in the campus.
- College Council
To provide students with opportunities to develop management skills through the organisation of events and service initiatives, and to create a space where every student may express their concerns or need, a college council has been set up at Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College Belgavi. The main goal of the council is to provide students with network opportunities and to help them develop soft skills.
- CME programmes
To help students to study and explore feasible methods for improving healthcare and efficiently manage a career in the ever-changing environment of the medical profession, polish skills to improve overall patient care, and keep up to date with the newest innovations within their speciality, many CME programmes are held as a part of the college academics.
- NSS programmes
To inspire student volunteers to grow as individuals through the way of community service and encourage them to continue their altruistic contribution to the community, the NSS programmes are held frequently throughout the year. Many adventurous activities are held at the camps organised every year as part of the programme.
- Overall Development
To make sure that students are not overwhelmed by the burden of their academics, Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College Belgavi encourages them to take up sports activities. They also provide guided meditation classes and yoga training to help students stay mentally fit. These parameters help the students in developing their overall personalities.
B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
- Duration: 5 years 6 months (4 1/2 years + 1-year Internship).
- Intake: 60.
Eligibility for BAMS
- Students who have passed the NEET test with good scores will be preferred.
- P.U.C. Il year/10+2 examination or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks.
- A student from the SC/ST category with 40% marks in P.C.B. (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) groups of courses in P.U.C. Il year of PUC Board and a Karnataka resident is eligible to apply for admission to the first year B.A.M.S. degree.
- A candidate who has been accepted to the 1″ year B.A.M.S. Course on or before the final day for admission set by the University with a punitive fee shall be able to appear for the 1″ Year B.A.M.S. examination after the required term.
Within the stipulated deadline, applications in the required form, fully completed in all respects, shall be sent to the institution. True copies of all relevant mark cards and certificates should be included in the application. Applications that are not complete will be rejected.
Documents Needed for BAMS Admission
- NEET Marks Card.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- S.S.L.C. Marks Card or Equivalent Examination Marks Card.
- Original IInd P.U.C. or Equivalent Exam Marks Card.
- Transferred Certificate / Leaving Certificate.
- Character certificate from the head of the most recent institute attended.
- Migration certificate (if necessary).
- Domicile Certificate/Nationality Certificate.
- Physical fitness certificate.
A registration fee of Rs.500/- must be given with the application form, either in cash or by D.D. made in favour of the principal and due in Bedkihal. Cheques will not be accepted. Registration costs will not be returned. Submission of an application with a registration fee does not imply final admission, which will be determined solely on merit.
- You must submit your application to the college by the deadline. All relevant mark sheets and other certificates must be submitted with the application in true copy form. Applications that aren’t complete will not be accepted.
- The registration cost of Rs. 500/- must be paid along with the application form in cash or by D.D. issued in the principal’s favour and payable at Bedkihal. They do not accept checks as payment. The registration costs are non-refundable.
- Application submission and payment of the registration fee do not guarantee admission, it is determined solely based on merit.
- The student’s performance in the interview as well as the grades he or she received on the P.C.B. subjects of P.U.C. IInd year examination will be taken into consideration when determining the merit.
- The selection committee will contact the applicant for an interview. This information will be provided via regular mail.
- The following original documents should be brought with you to the interview.
- S.S.L.C. Marks Card
- P.U.C. Marks Cards (IInd year)
- SC/ST and category-I, IIA, IIIB, IIIA, IIIB certificate,
- Any other Certificate record as notified by the principal
- Following the interview, a list of the chosen candidates will be posted on the bulletin board, and they must pay all fees. If the deadline passes without being met, the next deserving applicant will be given the seat.
- All fees for the entire year must be paid by each student. The name of the student who does not pay the fees will be removed from the roll call. In no case will fees that have already been paid be refunded. Any student who drops out of the course in the middle must pay the full amount of the course price.
- The applicant must obtain and present the required documents on or before the deadline. Any lapse, loss, or delay in this matter will not be the college’s responsibility.
- The current rules and regulations of the college, as well as any new ones that may be enacted at any moment, apply to all students who are admitted.
M.D. (Ayurveda) Specialties & Intake
- Duration: 3 years.
- Intake: 15.
Intake Distribution table:
Eligibility for MD/ MS
Applicants must have completed the B.A.M.S. programme at an institution accredited by the Central Council of Indian Medicine.
Documents Needed for MD/ MS Admission
- Degree of B.A.M.S.
- B.A.M.S. mark sheets (all years).
- A registration certificate from the State Ayurveda Practitioner Registration Board.
- Internship completion certification.
- Certificate of Birth.
- Photos (passport-size).
Courses and Departments
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)
The college offers a B.A.M.S programme for undergraduates and M.D/M.S programmes for those who want to pursue postgraduation.
The B.A.M.S. degree programme lasts five years and six months. The course is broken into two halves.
- Four years and six months for the Main Course.
The Main Course is divided into three segments. Each phase lasts a year and six months.
|I Prof. BAMS||1-year 6 months|
|II Prof. BAMS||1-year 6 months|
|III Prof. BAMS||1-year 6 months|
- A one-year clinical course/internship
The programme is designed to produce graduates who have a thorough understanding of Ashtanga Ayurveda as well as contemporary advances in the field of Ayurveda, as well as knowledge of scientific and technological advances in modern science and technology, as well as extensive practical training, as efficient physicians and surgeons for health care services.
The medium of teaching will be Sanskrit, Hindi, or any other recognised regional language, or English. If the institute admits students from various states or overseas students, English will be the language of teaching.
BAMS Study Pattern
- After admission, the student shall be inducted into the B.A.M.S. Programme through an Induction Programme lasting no less than fifteen working days and based on the Transitional Curriculum, which aims to introduce newly admitted students to the Ayurvedic system of medicine and to familiarise them with the B.A.M.S. Programme.
- During the induction programme, the student of Ayurveda will acquire the basics of Sanskrit for Ayurveda, as well as basic life support and first aid, as well as other subjects as specified in the curriculum.
- The total number of working days for each professional session should not be less than 320.
- The total number of working days for the First Professional session should not be less than 350, except for fifteen days for the introduction programme.
- The total number of teaching hours for the First Professional session cannot be less than 1920.
- The total number of teaching hours for the Second Professional Session should not be less than 2240, with a ratio of 1:2 for Lecture to Non-lecture.
- The University or institution may expand working hours as needed to accomplish the required duration of instruction and essential activities.
|1st Professional||18 months||
|2nd Professional||18 months||
|3rd Professional||18 months||
MD/ MS (Ayurveda)
The M.D./ M.S. programme lasts three years. They offer the programme in three subjects:
- M.S in Shalakya Tantra.
- M.D in Kayachikitsa.
- M.D. in Rachana Shareer.
The postgraduate courses are designed to provide an orientation of Ayurvedic specialities and super-specialities, resulting in experts and specialists who can be competent and efficient teachers, physicians, surgeons, ophthalmologists, ENT specialists, pharmaceutical experts, researchers, and profound scholars in various fields of Ayurvedic specialisation.
The programme will enable students:
- To manage patients and resolve situations on their own.
- To participate in the teaching and training of undergraduate students or interns on the necessary topics.
- To work autonomously as a specialist.
- To learn investigative and administrative abilities in the specialities of Shalya, Kayachikitsa and Shareer Rachna.
- All departments at Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College Belgavi are well-functioning, with skilled and experienced personnel in each faculty.
- Faculty members are appointed per the C.C.I.M. and AYUSH Government of India guidelines.
- Each department has its autonomous setup with large rooms such as a demonstration room, a museum, and a space for the concerned employees.
- Every department has digital charts, models, and specimens relating to their field.
- The college has a separate Audio Visual Room equipped with an overhead projector, LCD monitors, and computers.
- Academic activities, such as study excursions to factories, labs, pharmacies, sports, and other competitions, are conducted per university guidelines.
- The hospital has a separate section with a well-equipped laboratory for detecting various ailments. It has a well-functioning outpatient and inpatient department, as well as all required amenities.
- Clinical departments are actively involved in a variety of social activities, including medical diagnostic camps and village surveys. There are also health-awareness seminars held at the departments.
- With the assistance of Nab Sangli and Loins Club Miraj, they hold eye camps.
College Fees Structure
The following table showcases the Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic Medical College Fees for undergraduate and post-graduate programmes:
|Course||Annual Fees (Govt. Quota)||Annual Fees (Private Quota)|
|B.A.M.S.||Rs. 60,500||Rs. 2,00,500|
A scholarship can be an option for you if you fit into a certain category or if you possess good merit record, the main focus of any scholarship programme is to lessen the financial burden of the student and enable them to gain an education without any issues.
- Pre-matric scholarship
The pre-matric scholarship will support parents’ ongoing efforts to help their children finish their education. The programme will serve as their educational starting point and will help the students in becoming capable in the cutthroat job market. One of the goals of this programme is empowerment through education, which can improve minority populations’ socioeconomic circumstances.
- Post-matric scholarship
a) The Post-Matric Scholarship Program is carried out by state and local governments. For Scheduled Caste students to finish their education, the Scheme offers financial aid to those who are enrolled in post-secondary or post-matriculation courses.
b) These scholarships are exclusively accessible for study in India and are given out by the State or Union Territory government of the applicant’s permanent residence.
c) Students who qualify for scholarships must have parents or guardians who earn no more than Rs. 2,50,000 per year from all sources.
- Merit cum means
a) A maximum of 25% of the approved undergraduate student intake may get a merit-plus-means scholarship of Rs. 1000 per month with the advantage of free tuition each semester.
b) It is only offered up to the fourth year of a dual degree. Academic ability and financial need will also be considered in determining eligibility for this.
c) The “means” criteria of the scholarship are parental income. For the time being, Merit-cum-Means Scholarship applicants must have parents whose combined yearly gross income does not exceed Rs. 4,50,000.
Placements & Career Opportunities
A chance for talented students of Ayurveda to engage in a diversified learning process is provided through Clinical Ayurveda Internship. A team of devoted doctors, therapists, and practitioners who are committed to the essence and science of this antiquated healing method will be at your side as you spend a year of learning, practising, and living Ayurveda.
Learnings from Internship:
- There will be many different learning options every day, such as discussions, experiential learning, demonstrations, and individual practice.
- A study of the classic Ayurvedic writings, especially the Astanga Hrdayam, will serve as the foundation of the training during the internship.
- Students will apply the fundamental concepts of panchakarma therapy, including the main “karmas” or acts, and the justification for the majority of the practical therapies.
- To apply what they are learning through their own experiences, students are guided in crafting a Dinacharya out of themselves or serving as personal care practitioners. This may entail engaging in the Agni Hotra fire ritual, Hatha yoga, pranayama, and self-care.
- The internship places a strong focus on experiential learning.
- Patanjali Ayurveda.
- Manana We Care.
- Radha Yoga And Herbs.
- Medusind Solution Pvt Ltd.
Rankings and Achievements
Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College Belgavi holds a good reputation among the leading medical Ayurveda education institutions in India and is working to create a wide range of chances for students to interact with students from across the globe and study from instructors who are experts in their professions, and enjoy a rich cultural life.
- The Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College Belgavi is recognized by the National Commission for the Indian System of Medicine and is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Dr Asmita R Teke received the gold medal for being the topper of her MD-level batch at the convocation day at RGUHS in 2022.
- Miss Aishwarya Ghale, a student, received the Adarsh Vidyarthini Gourav Puraskar at the state level.
100 beds are available at the boys’ hostel, while 200 beds are available at girls’. In both Hostels, the rooms have good furniture and ventilation. Clean drinking water is available too. In the women’s hostel, there is a mess facility. Regular distribution of newspapers and magazines is done. In both Hostels, they adhere to the rules and regulations extremely rigorously.
With 11,132 books, the library provides a great selection that adequately covers all the disciplines covered in class. In the library’s study area, they provide books for both personal reading and reference. Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College Belgavi has a library with current publications including periodicals and newspapers. For both the teaching staff and the students, there is a separate reading room for males and females.
Sports equipment, including both indoor and outdoor games, are available at the gymkhana. At tournaments held at the collegiate, state, and even inter-college and inter-society levels, athletes take an active part. The sporting activities are managed by a physical director who works full time.
The hospital is nicely constructed has a great infrastructure and can accommodate 120 indoor patients for admission. There are several free diagnostic and treatment camps held by hospitals. For instance, there are camps for hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, and neurological conditions. The hospital frequently hosts free cataract diagnostic and surgical camps. They regularly survey the nearby villages so that they can diagnose illnesses and provide appropriate care. Students also benefit from these surveys.
They promote research to assist the students and help them to achieve their desired results and support their original ideas. Students may effectively accomplish time-sensitive research with the help of their state-of-the-art research facilities, which they provide.
College Contact Details
Address: Shantinagar Bedhikihal – Shamanewadi, District Belagavi – 591214.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Telephone/ Fax: 08338 261166 / +91 9731604049.
Each student goes through a period of extreme anxiety and disorientation throughout the time boards and the admission exams. We are aware of this, which is why we provide services made specifically for students trying to pick the ideal institution for their interests. We will simplify the admissions process for you to spare you the trouble. If you wish to transition into the following stage of your life without any hassle, give us a call right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic Medical college Belgavi a government institute?
No, it is a private institute.
2. What is the student intake in the B.A.M.S programme?
The intake capacity is 60 in the B.A.M.S. programme.
3. What is the student intake in the MD/MS programme?
The intake capacity is 15 in the MD/MS programme.
4. Do they offer internships at their hospital?
Yes, they offer internships at their hospital.
5. Do they provide hostel facilities?
Yes, they provide hostel facilities which are centred on the campus.
6. How do we enrol at the college in the B.A.M.S programme?
To enrol in the B.A.M.S programme you need to first clear NEET with a good score and then fill out an application form at the institute.
7. Do they provide transportation?
No, they do not provide a transportation facility.
8. Is the campus safe for females?
Yes, the campus is highly safe for females.
Would you like to go through my detailed post on another Ayurveda college? If yes. You can click and follow the link below:
A Small Ask:
It is imperative to provide youngsters with genuine reviews about the college for them to build their professional careers on a strong foundation. We care and are dedicated to building a platform that caters to all their needs regarding providing authentic information. You can help us in this process by heading over to the comments section. Add a personalised review if you have been associated with Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic College Belgavi in any capacity. We thoroughly appreciate your help!