As humans, it is our inherent trait to think, be creative, and create. Do you feel that being creative and expressing your creativity is totally your thing? Are you perhaps the type to use drawings and artwork to express your ideas and thoughts? Then, arts is perhaps the right stream for you. How about we focus on designing, and creating art as part of ‘Arts’? If that is what you are looking for, then you should definitely check out the Bangalore School of Design which specializes in arts and design and we will learn more about this incredible institute today.
Table of Contents
- Bangalore School of Design Overview
- Bangalore School of Design Admission
- Bangalore School of Design Courses Offered
- Bangalore School of Design Fees
- Placements & Scope
- Rankings & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bangalore School of Design Overview
A one-of-a-kind institute, spear-headed by the vision of Mr. Dineshwar S and Mr. Praveen Nandkumar, the Bangalore School of Design is one of the top-most and sought after college that specialises in Interior Designing, Architecture, UI/UX Design, Product Design and much more.
|Name||Bangalore School of Design|
|Address||No.4/3, Opposite to B.D.S Nagar, Devanna Compound, K.Narayanapura, Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077.|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated To||Bengaluru North University (from 2015)|
The vision of Bangalore School of Design is simple. It aims to create a institute of global standards and aspires to be innovative and one of a kind with its diverse and collaborative curricula. It envisions its students to be leaders and movers of the design industry on a global level.
The mission is simple. It wants its students to be the best. It teaches students to be competent and professionally driven. It encourages them to be leaders and innovators and create close industry relationships.
Why study at Bangalore School of Design?
The Bangalore School of Design is one of the most sought-after and considered amongst the top institutes in the country for interior design and architectural and product design. Here are a few reasons to consider studying here:
- Digital and well-furnished classrooms.
- Professional faculty with years of industry and teaching experience.
- Collaborations with industry leaders and foreign institutes.
- An unequivocal focus on extracurricular activities along with its regular curricula.
- A dedicated placement cell that gives graduates entry into key industry positions.
Bangalore School of Design Admission
Just follow these really simple steps to apply for Bangalore School of Design:
- Register Yourself on the college application page.
- Verify Your Email ID.
- Engage with Counsellor.
- Fill Application Form online.
- Pay Application Fee.
- Submit Application.
- For undergraduate degree courses – Minimum 12th pass (with English from a recognized board).
- For postgraduate diploma courses – Minimum 12th pass (with English from a recognized board).
- For professional diploma courses – Minimum 12th pass (with English from a recognized board).
Documents Required for Admission
- 12th Marksheet and pass certificate.
- 10th Marksheet.
- Migration Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Identity Proof like Aadhar, PAN, etc.
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable).
- Passport Size Photograph.
Bangalore School of Design Courses Offered
The Bangalore School of Design offers various courses on not just undergraduate degree level but also on diploma and postgraduate diploma level as well. They have courses that cover a huge section of designing from product design, interior design to UI/UX Design, Landscaping and even offer Architectural courses.
The courses vary greatly in duration from undergraduate degree courses taking 3 to 4 years to complete depending on the course. They also have diploma courses that go anywhere from 6 months, all the way up to a year. The courses are well designed and are very unique compared to similar courses of other colleges. It focuses on fundamentals along with huge weightage to practical experience which is why all courses have ample internships and collaborative projects as their main focus point.
The various courses offered by the Bangalore School of Design are:
- B.Sc Interior Design and Decoration – It is a 3 year course that focuses on understanding design decisions of architecture, construction and engineering. It teaches you to create technical and management skills that are essential to creating beautiful and functional spaces.
- B.Va Interior and Spatial Design – It is a 4 year course that aims to upgrade existing human infrastructures by the development and sustainable settings.
- B.Va Graphic Design and Brand Strategy – It is a 4 year course that focuses on the commercial aspect of the design industry. It gives the student the communication and marketing skills that are important to further the artistic aspect of the industry.
- B.Des Architectural Design – It is a 4 year course that allows the student to have a clear understanding of architectural design and construction and develops the skills necessary to grow and excel in the field of design.
- B.Des Structural Design – It is a 4 year course that concerns civil design and the structural integrity and development of framework of structures and designing them in a way to withstand environment and stress during its usage.
- B.Des Interaction and Experience Design – It is a 4 year course that focuses primarily on developing UI/UX and catering to designing and creating innovative and intuitive experience for the end users.
Post-Graduate Diploma Courses
- P.G. Diploma in Landscape Design – It is a 1 year diploma course that teaches one the designing and constructing of outdoor structures like offices, buildings and other landscapes.
- P.G. Diploma in Furniture Design – It is a 1 year diploma course that focuses on designing modern and trendy furniture in today’s market.
- P.G. Diploma in Structural Design – It is a 1 year diploma course that focuses on structural engineering and designing modern and sound structures. It also trains and guides you on using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Software.
Professional Diploma Courses
- Professional Diploma in Interior Design – It is a 1 year diploma course that focuses on developing drawing, design concepts and material technology to understand the fundamental principles of designing. It also focuses on developing the ability to convey and express your design verbally and visually.
- Professional Diploma in UI/UX – It is a 6 month diploma course that focuses entirely on developing User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) for mobile and computer technology focusing on interfaces between people and systems.
- Professional Diploma in Graphic Design and UX/UI – It is a 1 year diploma course that not only delves into the field of UI/UX design but also graphical design and also the skills on how to communicate the developed designs.
Bangalore School of Design Fees
The fees for various courses in Bangalore School of Design are:
|Course||Indian Course Fee||International Course Fee|
|B.Sc Interior Design and Decoration||Rs. 550000||Rs. 715000|
|B.VA Interior and Spatial Design||Rs. 700000||Rs. 910000|
|B.VA Graphic Design and Brand Strategy||Rs. 600000||Rs. 780000|
|Professional Diploma in Interior Design||Rs. 177000||Rs. 195000|
|Professional Diploma in Graphic Design and UI/UX||Rs. 147500||Rs. 195000|
|Professional Diploma in UI/UX||Rs. 70800||Rs. 95000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Landscape Design||Rs. 147500||Rs. 195000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Furniture Design||Rs. 147500||Rs. 195000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Structural Design||Rs. 80000||Rs. 125000|
|B.VA Interior and Spatial Design + Ms in Interior Design||Rs. 1000000||Rs. 1300000|
|B.Des (Hons.) Architectural Design Construction||Rs. 800000||Rs. 1050000|
|B.Des (Hons.) Architectural Interaction and Experience Design||Rs. 700000||Rs. 925000|
|B.Des (Hons.) Structural Civil Design||Rs. 550000||Rs. 750000|
Refund and Cancellation Policy
|% Refund of Aggregate Fees||Point of Time of Notice of Withdrawal served to BSD|
|100%||15 Days Before the formally notified last date of admission|
|80%||Not more than 15 Days after the formally notified last date of admission|
|50%||More than 15 Days but less than 30 Days after the formally notified last date of admission|
|0%||More than 30 Days after the formally notified last date of admission|
Note – Cancellation of admission should be processed in person and in writing along with all the original receipts received from the college. The college holds the right of refusal of refund to a student upon cancellation on any specific grounds.
The Bangalore School of Design offers various scholarships based on merit with an 80% score required in the latest academic qualification or even on the basis of creative talent in any field such as arts, music,etc. They offer scholarships in the following courses:
- B.Sc Interior Design.
- BA in Journalism + Design.
- B..VA in Interior and Spatial Design.
- Dual Bachelors in Interior Architecture.
- B.VA in Graphic Design.
- International Professional Diploma in Interior Design.
- Maximum scholarship in Undergraduate Courses – upto Rs. 50000.
- Maximum scholarship in Diploma Courses – upto Rs. 25000.
They only admit 20 students in undergraduate and 10 students in diploma courses for scholarships.
Placements & Scope
The placement cell at the Bangalore School of Design is what enables it to be unique and innovative. The placement cell handles different areas that trains, guides and completes the development of a student into an industry personnel. It gives career counselling and guides students into the right career choices and helps them find success in the field of design.
The advisory board consists of industry experts with lots of experience that constantly alter and improve the curriculum and keep it up to date and modern in its approach. The cell trains students and work with them on their presentation skills and allows them to market themselves to top architectural and design firms.
The placement services a provides core services in the form of resume building, portfolio optimization and interview training to its graduates and gives them the opportunity to showcase their talent and abilities to architectural firms, interior design firms, and many more.
Rankings & Recognitions
The Bangalore School of Design is considered amongst the top private colleges for interior design and architectural design because of its special focus on practical and real life approach to their curriculum and creating innovative and collaborative values within its students.
The college often collaborates with foreign institutes such as College de Paris, as well as famous architectural design firms such as Association of Designers of India, Cresta, Aura, etc.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The Bangalore School of Design is located in the heart of the silicon valley of India, Bangalore. It is known as the IT hub of India and it is the best place to look for opportunities in the field of design and arts. It is home to thousands of Multinational Companies like Microsoft, Google, Dell, etc. It provides a diverse and rich environment for a student to learn, grow and excel in his field.
The facilities offered by the institute on campus are:
The research centre at the library hosts computer labs that are filled with material displays. This space is dedicated for students pursuing arts classes and also can be used for research purposes.
The Library at the Bangalore School of Design contains a multitude of books that span over various curriculum and extra curriculum related topics. There are various textbooks and material open for the students to use to study and research.
The Hub is a special recreational area dedicated to students to pursue any extra-curricular activities and has special equipment for crafting and allowing students to explore their creativity.
The Adda is the place you go to to enjoy with your friends, relax after long hours of studies and work, and just have a chill and fun time with your peers. They can also use the space to play games or even eat and work.
There are various clubs in the college for students to partake in as part of the college experience:
- BSD Editorial Club – It is a club that specialises at promoting creativity and learning. They also have a bi-annual newsletter.
- BSD Sports Club – It is the club that promotes sports, participates in various outdoor sports such as football, badminton and basketball as well as indoor sports like table tennis, chess and many more.
- BSD Cultural Club – It is the club that brings together the students in various cultural affairs and creates an inclusive and diverse environment for students of all backgrounds and cultures.
- BSD Cares – It is a club that focuses on helping those in need. It is a charitable club that focuses on providing support to the needy within our communities and upholds the value of bringing upon changes through our efforts.
The anti-ragging cell is the community of students that come together under a common goal of creating a safe and comfortable environment for all students at the college. It focuses on raising awareness and helps prevent ragging within the college.
College Contact Details
- Address – No.4/3, Opposite to B.D.S Nagar, Devanna Compound, K.Narayanapura, Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077.
- Email – https://www.bsd.edu.in/.
- Contact – +91 7204 006 339.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which university is the college affiliated to?
The college is affiliated to Bengaluru North University from 2015.
2. When is the application deadline?
The college admits students on a rolling basis, so they will admit students as per recommended deadline as long as they have available seats.
3. Where is the college located?
The college is located at No.4/3, Opposite to B.D.S Nagar, Devanna Compound, K.Narayanapura, Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077.
4. What is the minimum qualification required?
For both Undergraduate and Diploma courses, you have to be a minimum 12th pass.
5. Does the college have online courses?
No. The college does not currently have any online courses.
6. Does BSD offer placement services?
Yes. BSD does offer placement services that help you prepare for interviews, help build resumes and give you an opportunity to work at big firms.
7. Are there any accommodation facilities?
No. There are no hostel facilities offered by the college, however, they have partnered with Stanza Living to provide a great alternative to hostel in the form of affordable paying guest (P.G) housing.
8. Is a portfolio required to apply?
No. You don’t need to apply with a portfolio for application, however, if you wish to procure scholarships from BSD, then a creative portfolio is compulsory.
A Small Request
It makes us immensely proud and happy that you like our posts and find them intriguing and helpful. If you are an aspirant, a student currently, or alumni of this very college, please leave a review expressing your views and experience. It will be really helpful for the upcoming designers and artists of our time.