In today’s ChatGPT world, a widespread question is, “How future-proof is our career?” With the ever advancement of Artificial Intelligence and the push to replace current jobs with AI, a common fear is that what we are pursuing now may not be relevant 5 to 10 years later.
I encourage my dear students not to worry about such things because there exists a course that can help you overcome not only this challenge of AI but also best it and make it further grow your career. That course is none other than Bachelor of Computer Application or BCA.
Now, there are many colleges where you can study, but obviously, you would want the very best. One of the best places to study BCA in is Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India, and today, and I will talk about the top BCA Colleges in Bangalore in my blog.
List of Top BCA Colleges in Bangalore
But that is enough said. The biggest question still is where I should study in Bangalore? I consider it a tricky question as many, many colleges have excellent programs as well as facilities. Some pros and cons may make specific colleges more ideal for you than others to pursue BCA. So, here is a small list of popular and sought-after colleges in Bangalore known for their BCA courses:
- Christ University (Bangalore Central Campus).
- Kristu Jayanti College.
- Jain University.
- Presidency University.
- St. Claret College.
- Ramaiah Institute of Business Studies.
- Acharya Institute of Graduate Studies.
- St. Joseph’s College.
- Mount Carmel College.
- Oxford College of Science.
- CMR University.
- Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women.
- Acharya Bangalore Business School.
- Administrative Management College (AMC).
- St. George College of Management and Science.
- Surana College.
- S. Nijalingappa College.
- Seshadripuram College.
- National Degree College.
- Ramaiah College of Arts, Science, and Commerce.
Check out my brief post on the Top 10 BCA Colleges in Bangalore for more details.
Table of Contents
Fee Structure of BCA Colleges in Bangalore
But before we jump into the list of colleges and how they are, I want to address an essential worry on your mind. How much will this course from a good college cost me? This a prime question for sure, but rest assured. I have researched and found various colleges with excellent academics and facilities that won’t set you back a fortune. Here are some pocket-friendly fee structure options for BCA Colleges in Bangalore.
|Christ University (Bangalore Central Campus and Bangalore Yeswantpur Campus)||Rs. 6,60,000|
|Kristu Jayanti College||Rs. 2,70,000|
|St. Claret College||Rs. 2,58,000|
|Ramaiah Institute of Business Studies||NA|
|Acharya Institute of Graduate Studies||NA|
|St. Joseph’s College||NA|
|Mount Carmel College||NA|
|Oxford College of Science||NA|
|CMR University||Rs. 1,20,000|
|Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women||NA|
|Acharya Bangalore Business School||Rs. 3,20,000|
|Administrative Management College (AMC)||NA|
|St. George College of Management and Science||Rs. 2,20,000|
|S. Nijalingappa College||NA|
|National Degree College||NA|
|Ramaiah College of Arts, Science, and Commerce||Rs. 4,45,000|
Why Study BCA Course In Bangalore?
BCA, or Bachelor of Computer Application, is a three-year undergraduate course focusing on developing computer skills, software development, and application. A typical course covers many topics, from coding to database management, web development, algorithms, mathematical models, and more. It is a fairly new course compared to the more familiar computer science of B.Tech., however, this course is on par with them, and graduates of BCA can go for software development, web development, and various IT-related jobs at reputable industry firms.
With the New Education Policy 2023, this course will become a 4-year honors course with the option for students to exit the course at the end of 2nd year with an associate degree, the 3rd year with a general degree, and at the completion in the 4th year with an honors degree. The policy also updated the curriculum making it choice-based and allowing students more flexibility in deciding the core subjects or areas they wish to study.
Students often ask me why they should study in Bangalore. Personally, for me, it’s the weather. But if you wish to pursue BCA, doing that from Bangalore can have certain benefits. The biggest being Bangalore is considered the Silicon Valley of India and various tech firms such as Infosys, Wipro, Google India, Yahoo, and many more have their headquarters here. With this, it would be easy to understand that Bangalore has a more tech-inclined environment and has opportunities for people to excel in this field. The more competitive and technologically advanced environment gives the colleges here an edge in curriculum, facilities, and industry connections that can help students get a boost in the initial years of their careers as well as become better and more competent professionals than they might in other parts of the country. That’s why I recommend students to pursue BCA, especially in Bangalore.
Placements of Top BCA Colleges in Bangalore
I have a belief that just a good education is not enough to be a top college. A good education can be achieved by any institution with good faculty and effort. So, what exactly gives the top colleges the edge? Well, obviously it’s their ability to provide opportunities. The opportunities not only extend to making you a competent and skillful professional but also the opportunity to work at a successful firm and give you a boost into the industry to give you that chance to grow and be successful if you have what it takes.
Not many colleges can do that and that’s why I place some extra emphasis on placements of the colleges I recommend as well as urge students to make it a huge factor when choosing a college. As such, I have done research and I present to you some of the top BCA colleges in Bangalore based on their placement record:
- Christ University – It is one of the most sought-after colleges for BCA in Bangalore. The college has an excellent placement record, and many top IT companies like Amazon, Infosys, Wipro, and TCS visit the campus for recruitment. The average salary package offered to students is around 4-5 lakhs per annum.
- Kristu Jayanti College – This is another popular BCA college in Bangalore. The college has a dedicated placement cell that organizes various activities such as workshops, seminars, and mock interviews to prepare students for the placement process. Many top companies like IBM, Deloitte, and HP visit the campus for recruitment, and the average salary package offered is around 3-4 lakhs per annum.
- St. Joseph’s College – A reputed college in Bangalore that offers BCA courses. The college has a strong alumni network and an excellent placement record. Many top companies like EY, KPMG, and PWC visit the campus for recruitment, and the average salary package offered is around 3-4 lakhs per annum.
- Mount Carmel College – This is a premier women’s college in Bangalore that offers BCA courses. The college has a dedicated placement cell that conducts various activities to prepare students for the placement process. Many top companies like Accenture, Infosys, and Wipro visit the campus for recruitment, and the average salary package offered is around 3-4 lakhs per annum.
- Jain University – Being one of the top BCA colleges in Bangalore, it has a strong industry tie-up and a dedicated placement cell that helps students to secure job placements. Many top companies like Deloitte, IBM, and HP visit the campus for recruitment, and the average salary package offered is around 3-4 lakhs per annum.
In conclusion, Bangalore has several reputed BCA colleges with excellent placement records. Students should carefully consider the placement record of a college while choosing a BCA college in Bangalore. With the proper education and training, students can land their dream job and kick-start their careers in the IT industry.
Reviews of BCA Colleges in Bangalore
So far, we have talked about the course, why study in Bangalore, placement records, and more, however, there is one final thing to discuss about. While the placement record of a college is an essential factor, other factors such as hostel facilities, faculty, campus, and infrastructure also play a significant role. As such, I have researched some of the top BCA Colleges and discovered these factors. Thus, here are the reviews of some of the top BCA colleges in Bangalore:
- Christ University – The college has excellent hostel facilities, with separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel rooms are spacious and well-maintained, with all the necessary amenities. The faculty at Christ University is highly qualified and experienced, and the campus is sprawling and beautiful. The infrastructure is top-notch, with state-of-the-art computer labs and classrooms.
- Kristu Jayanti College – The hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls. The rooms are modern with all the amenities a student may require such as daily cleaning, 24/7 laundry facilities, mess, and clean bathrooms. The faculty at Kristu Jayanti College is knowledgeable and supportive, and the campus is well-designed and green. The infrastructure is modern, with well-equipped computer labs and classrooms.
- St. Joseph’s College – The hostel facilities are decent, with separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel rooms are basic but clean. The faculty at St. Joseph’s College is experienced and helpful, and the campus is well-maintained. The infrastructure is good, with modern computer labs and classrooms.
- Mount Carmel College – The hostel facilities are excellent, with separate hostels for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The hostel rooms are spacious and well-furnished. The faculty at Mount Carmel College is knowledgeable and supportive, and the campus is green and serene. The infrastructure is modern, with well-equipped computer labs and classrooms.
- Jain University – The college has separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel rooms are shared and have WiFi facilities. They also come along with regular cleaning and laundry facilities, and the mess serves fresh and delicious food. The faculty at Jain University is experienced and supportive, and the campus is modern and vibrant. The infrastructure is good, with modern computer labs and classrooms.
In conclusion, when choosing a BCA college in Bangalore, students should consider hostel facilities, faculty, campus, and infrastructure factors. Based on the reviews, Christ University and Mount Carmel College have excellent hostel facilities, knowledgeable faculty, beautiful campuses, and top-notch infrastructure. However, other colleges like Kristu Jayanti College, St. Joseph’s College, and Jain University also have decent facilities and experienced faculty.
With that, we now come to the end of my blog. I have listed just some of the many colleges that offer BCA in Bangalore, and while you may find the colleges mentioned here as good options, they are by no means the only ones and their order in the list has nothing to do with how good the courses here may be. But I understand that choosing a college can be quite an anxious endeavor, that’s why I request students to reach out to me in the comments with any queries or questions they may have about the course or college in the blog.
With that being said, if you feel that any college mentioned here is a good fit for you but are unsure if you are qualified for it, or perhaps you have issues with the admission process. I would encourage such students to reach out to our Career Mudhra team and hop on a call with one of our counselors. Our counselors are experts who can guide you into choosing an appropriate college and course for you as well as help and support you through the admission process.
And with that, I hope you enjoyed my blog today. Goodbye!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are job prospects of a BCA course ?
Graduates of the BCA course can work in areas such as software development, web development, database management, and more.
2. Which entrance examination do I need to give for admissions to BCA Colleges in Bangalore?
Some of the most common entrance exams are CUET, NPAT, UGAT, and many more.
3. What is the selection procedure of BCA Colleges in Bangalore?
Most of the colleges conduct their own entrance examinations for shortlisting the candidates. Based on the candidate's performance in the entrance exam, interview, and group discussion, the college selects candidates for admission.
4. What is the average salary of BCA graduates ?
The average salary of BCA graduates can range from 3 LPA to 6 LPA.
5. Can I do my BCA Course from Bangalore?
Yes, you absolutely can. Bangalore is also known as the Silicon Valley of India and an IT industry hub. The city is home to renowned tech firms such as Google, HP, Yahoo, Twitter, and many more.
6. What is the duration of the course?
BCA course has a duration of 4 years as per the NEP 2020.
7. What is the average fees of a BCA Course in Bangalore?
The average fees of the BCA Course in Bangalore range from 2.5 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs.
8. What is NEP 2020?
National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is a policy introduced by the central government of India in 2020 that prescribes a new format of education at all levels that brings changes to curriculum, structures, and much more.