Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune is one of the renowned colleges which comes under Bharati Vidyapeeth. It is located in the Dhankawadi Campus. Here, the students are given access to infrastructure facilities specified by the CCH, New Delhi. The well-designed campus houses labs, dissection halls, classrooms, a demonstration hall, a library, a reading hall, and so on. Let’s know more about the institution.
Table of Contents
Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Overview
The institution is a constituent unit of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University. It was established in 1990. The College comes under Bharati Vidyapeeth University, and the courses are recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi.
The Institution is NAAC A+ Accredited and has an A Grade from MHRD, New Delhi. Course offerings are undergraduate BHMS, postgraduate MD Homeopathy, and Doctoral Ph.D. Homeopathy. Students intake for BHMS is 100, and for MD are 30 seats for 5 specialisations.
|Name||Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune|
|Address||Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, Pune 411030 Maharashtra|
|Affiliated to||Bharti Vidyapeeth|
|Approved by||Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi|
|Accreditation||NAAC A+, A Grade by MHRD, Government of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
To transform Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune into a center of academic excellence in the field of homeopathy and medical research. To cater to and look into the healthcare needs of the community and society.
The mission of the institution is to train the students to be competent, compassionate as well as confident physicians who take care of the healthcare of the society. It also aims to bring social transformation through dynamic education.
Why Study at Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune?
Bharati Vidyapeeth is among the top-ranked Deemed-to-be University in Maharashtra. It’s a kind of campus that attracts students from all around the world. A few reasons to pursue a course here are:
- The College is a unit of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University. It has been accredited by NAAC A+ and A Grade University Status by MHRD, New Delhi.
- It has signed MOUs with CCRH, New Delhi, and BVDU HMC, Pune, for linking research with education. It also has signed another MOU with Wilmare Schwade, India, for Industrial Training for PG students.
- The Institution provides academic activities like national-level seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Rural and Urban Camps are conducted and organized at Yawat and Bhor monthly. Rural OPDS through mobile clinics in 8 directions, which are about 35 to 50 km distance around Pune city.
Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Admission
Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Course Admissions for the various courses offered by the institution are given below:
- Step 1: Register yourself with your details for the admission process.
- Step 2: Verify your mobile number and email id.
- Step 3: Fill up the application form with your details.
- Step 4: Pay the fees in the link provided.
- Step 5: Download the completed application form.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course (BHMS)
The eligibility criteria for getting admission to an undergraduate BHMS Course is:
- Aspirants must have passed 12th Class or PUC with Science Stream subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects.
- He/She must have scored 50% in the Class 12th.
- Reserved Category students get relaxation of around 5 to 10%.
- The minimum age of the aspirants at the time of admission is 17 years.
- Admissions to the course is based on the entrance test conducted by the University. The entrance test scores, academic qualifications, and eligibility conditions are required for admission. The college management decided Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College cut-off.
Documents Required for UG Course (BHMS)
You must bring the following documents along with the application form:
- 10th and 12th Class Marksheet.
- Copy of the online application form.
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard.
- Nationality Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Identity Proof like Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving Licence.
- Recent photos.
Eligibility Criteria for MD (Homoeopathy)
The eligibility criteria to be satisfied for admissions to MD(Homeopathy) is:
- Aspirants must have completed a BHMS Degree from a recognized college or University.
- He/She should have completed 1 year of compulsory internship.
- The aggregate score in BHMS must be 60% from a college recognized by the MCI.
- Candidates must meet the Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College cut-off of the institution.
Documents Required for MD (Homoeopathy)
Documents required for admissions to MD(Homoeopathy) are:
- BHMS Degree and Passing Certificate.
- Year Wise Mark Sheets of BHMS.
- Migration Certificate.
- Internship Certificate.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Gap Certificate.
- Recent Photos.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD (Homoeopathy)
You must fulfill the eligibility criteria to get admission to the Ph.D. Homeopathy. The eligibility criteria are:
- He/She must have completed their Master’s Degree or a professional degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- The aggregate score for the SC/ST Category is 50%.
- The College will conduct a written test and personal interview to shortlist the eligible candidates.
Documents Required for PhD (Homoeopathy)
Aspirants must bring the application form for PhD Homeopathy along with the following documents:
- Authenticated copies of original marks and degree certificates(M.Phil/NET/SLET etc.)
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Recent Photos.
- Research Proposal.
Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College offers undergraduate-level BHMS, postgraduate MD (Homoeopathy), and doctoral-level Ph.D. (Homeopathy).
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery or BHMS is an undergraduate program for a duration of 5 and half years, which comprises 4 and half years of academics, followed by 1 year of compulsory internship. The annual intake for the course is 100 seats.
During the course, the students will acquire knowledge in the field of homeopathy. They learn more about its medicinal and therapeutic aspects in preventing, treating, and rehabilitating health problems.
MD in Homeopathy is a postgraduate level course for a duration of 3 years. The course includes 1 year of house duty, participating in seminars and conferences, and submitting dissertations. The annual intake for the course is 30 seats. The Program offers the given specializations:
- Organon of Medicine with Homoeopathic Philosophy.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Homoeopathic Repertory.
- Practice of Medicine.
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy.
PhD in Homeopathy is a doctoral program in the medical field. The duration of the full-time Ph.D. course is 3 years, and the part-time course is 5 years. The annual intake for the course is 4 seats. Admissions to the course is done through written as well as interviews.
Faculty Members are the backbone of Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune. They are highly qualified, helpful, knowledgeable, and experienced in their respective specialized areas. During the duration of the course, faculties guide, train, and build the skills required to sustain in the current environment.
Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Fee Structure
The course fees for the various homeopathy programs at Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune is:
- The Course Fee is charged according to the guidelines of the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, as well as by the University. The Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College in Pune, Maharashtra, charges reasonable course fees.
- Hostel Fees and Mess Charges are charged separately as per University Guidelines.
The Institution ensures that the students and their parents go through hassle-free procedures for making the fee payments. With the help of this link, they have to just log in to their accounts and make the fee payments online. It is an easy and convenient way to save time and money.
Placements and Scope
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University provides placement and other career guidance services for students from various programs. It aims to ensure that the maximum number of students get placed and find the best opportunities in the best companies in the healthcare field. During the placement process, the recruiters are invited to campus, and written tests, group discussions, and interviews are taken to finalize the best students.
Career Enhancement Programs
The Institution provides the students with a multiple-layer approach in order to improve their career as well as skills. The Career Development Cell provides various platforms to create and motivate them to add skills in their specific areas. Various initiatives taken by the Cell are:
- Personal Counselling.
- Career Counselling.
- Remedial Coaching.
- Competitive Exam Coaching.
- Soft Skills Development.
Rankings and Affiliations
The Institution is a unit of Bharati Vidyapeeth University and the courses are approved by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi. Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune has NAAC A + Accreditation and Grade A from the Ministry of HRD, New Delhi.
It is well known for its state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities, experienced faculties, placements, and updated course structure. Students get placed in the top medical institutions in the country.
Some of the awards and achievements of the college are:
- Dr Tanveer Akbar Khan won a Certificate of Participation from GHF Australia for participating in the GHF Research Pilot Study.
- Dr Varsha Ghate won the 1st prize for Best Poster Making Presentation.
- Dr Arun Bhargav Jadhav won the Certificate of Appreciation in the 23rd International Homoeopathic Conference.
- Dr Tanveer Akbar Khan won the Sewa Gaurav Puraskar on the 20th Foundation Day.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The College Campus is located in the Dhankawadi Educational Campus of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune. It is considered to be the best homeopathic medical college in Maharashtra. The lush, green, and quiet atmosphere provides the most conducive environment to study. Students are made to feel at home during their stay on campus. The facilities offered on campus are:
The Labs of the college are modernized and fully equipped with the best instruments in the respective departments. Students get to learn through practical learning in the labs. The place is secured with CCTV cameras.
The College Library is known to be the knowledge center of any institution. A vast collection of 14046 books on homeopathy and its related subjects exist. It has also subscribed to national, international, periodic, and scientific journals.
The 35,000 sq feet area of the building comprises well-equipped classrooms. There are around 13 classrooms for homeopathy. Each classroom is furnished, modernized, and has all the modern teaching aids.
Apart from the facilities mentioned above, the other amenities given by the college are:
- Seminar Hall.
- Common Room.
- Lecture Hall.
College Contact Details
- Address: Bharati Vidyapeeth Educational Campus, Pune Satara Road, Pune 411033 Maharashtra.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Pune Airport: 18.7 km.
- Distance from Pune Railway Station: 10.5 km.
- Distance from Pune Bus Stop: 14.2 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune comes under which University?
Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune comes under Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University.
2. What is the Bharati Vidyapeeth BHMS cut-off?
Bharati Vidyapeeth BHMS Cut off for General Category is 50th percentile and SC/ST is 40th percentile.
3. Can I do BHMS without a Biology Course?
No, a Biology Course is required to do BHMS.
4. Which courses are offered by Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune?
Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College Pune offers undergraduate BHMS, postgraduate MD Homeopathy, and doctoral Ph.D. Homeopathy.
5. How much is the duration of the MD Homeopathy Course?
MD Homeopathy is a postgraduate level course for a duration of 3 years.
6. What is the annual intake of BHMS courses?
The annual intake of BHMS is 100 seats.
7. How many specializations are offered by the college in MD?
The College offers 5 specializations in MD.
8. Does the college provide placements for homoeopathy students?
Yes, the college provides placements for homoeopathy students.
A small ask
If you are an alumni or a student studying in the institution, I would request you to share your experience about the college. Mention your views in the comments section. Tell us what you like and dislike in the college. Your opinion can change the life of an upcoming homeopathic doctor. Thanks in advance!