Health and wellbeing are the best necessities of our lives. Our healthcare system provides the resources which prevents the diseases and promotes good health and well being. Pharmacy is among the life changers in our lives. A pharmacist is a person who has knowledge about dispensing the medicines as per the disease. Course in pharmacy helps in providing insights into the drug composition, manufacturing and prescribing to the patients. Top Pharmacy Colleges offer pharmacy courses. One of the best colleges in Bangalore for pharmacy is East Point Pharmacy College Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- East Point Pharmacy College Overview
- Admissions at East Point College
- Courses Offered
- Fees Structure
- East Point Pharmacy College Placements
- Ranking and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
East Point Pharmacy College Overview
The institution was founded by M G Charitable Trust in the year 2004-05, under the guidance of its Chairman Dr. S. M. Venkatpathi. East Point Pharmacy College Bangalore is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. It is also approved by AICTE, New Delhi and the PCI (Pharmacy Council of India).
|Name||East Point College of Pharmacy, Bangalore|
|Address||Jnana Prabha, East Point Campus, VirgoNagar Post, Avalahalli, Bangalore 560049 Karnataka|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved By||Pharmacy Council of India, AICTE|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The college is located at Jnana Prabha, East Point Campus, Virgo Nagar Post, Avalahalli, Bangalore 560049 Karnataka. It has been built on 2.6 acres of land which provides modernised infrastructural facilities, experienced faculties, modern labs and digitised library. It also has hostels which are well maintained, healthy food, recreation centres and playgrounds.
East Point Pharmacy College Bangalore has been set up with the objective of developing the knowledge of the students and also giving them some practical learning skills about the pharmacy profession. It will be helpful in the interest of the patients as well as the community.
The Principal of the College is Dr. Jagadeesh S. D. The other academic institutions that come under the East Point Group are:
- The East Point College of Medical Sciences and Research.
- East Point College of Engineering and Technology.
- East Point College of Higher Education.
- East Point College of Nursing.
- East Point of New Royal Nursing.
- East Point College of Management.
- East Point College of Physiotherapy.
- East Point College of Pharmacy.
- East Point Pre-University College.
- East Point School.
Admissions at East Point College
Step 1: Go to the admissions tab on the college website.
Step 2: Register yourself with your e-mail id and use the email for all further correspondence.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with the correct details.
Step 4: After filling the application form, you are required to pay the application fees online.
Step 5: Upload the documents required for verification.
Step 6: Take a printout of the application form and keep it for further references.
Eligibility for D Pharm and B. Pharm
Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm) and Bachelor in Pharmacy (B. Pharm) are undergraduate courses. The eligibility criteria for these courses are:
- Candidates must have passed PUC Examination from the state of Karnataka Board or any other equivalent examination from any board or university, with an aggregate score of 40% marks in PCM/ PCB/ PCMB/ PC and Computer Science or Electronics.
- For SC/ ST/ Cat-I students, the aggregate marks should not be less than 35%.
- Candidates who have completed D. Pharm courses with a minimum of 50% aggregate, which has been approved by the Pharmacy Council of India, are eligible to get admission directly to 2nd year B. Pharm course.
Documents required for D. Pharm and B. Pharm admissions are:
- PUC/ 12th Mark sheets.
- Date of Birth/10th Certificate/ SSLC Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (For Non-Karnataka Candidates).
- Eligibility Certificates from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Passport size photos- 3.
Eligibility for Pharm. D (Post Baccalaureate)
The eligibility criteria for Pharm. D (Post Baccalaureate) is:
- Candidates must have passed B. Pharm from any institution which is recognised by the PCI (Pharmacy Council of India).
Eligibility for M Pharm
- Candidates must have passed B. Pharm recognised by the RGUHS, Bangalore or from any other University in India approved by Pharmacy Council of India or AICTE.
- Must have scored at least 55% marks in the qualifying examination
Documents required for Pharm D (Post Baccalaureate) and M. Pharm are:
- Year wise Mark Sheets of B. Pharm
- Letter of Practical Training
- B. Pharm Degree Certificate (Or, Provisional Degree)
- Certificate for Date of Birth
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Council Registration Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate to be obtained from RGUHS, Bangalore
- Passport size Photos- 4
Important Admission Dates for Karnataka CET 2022
|Application Form Opening Date||18 April 2022|
|Application Date Closing Date||5 May 2022|
|Last date for paying the application fees||6 May 2022|
|Re-start of the application forms||11 June 2022 -13 June 2022|
|Editing of the Applications||21 May 2022-24 May 2022|
|Submission of the special category certificates||2 June 2022-8 June 2022|
|Admit Card Issuing Date||2 June 2022|
|Entrance examination dates||16,17 and 18 June 2022|
East Point Pharmacy College Bangalore offers courses for graduate and post graduate levels. The courses offered are:
- Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm).
- Bachelor In Pharmacy (B. Pharm).
- Pharm. D (Post Baccalaureate).
- Master in Pharmacy (M. Pharm).
Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm)
Pharm or Diploma in Pharmacy is an undergraduate diploma course for a duration of 2 years. Students who wish to pursue higher education, start a career in the pharmaceutical industry or those who want to make a career in the field of healthcare, can take admissions to D. Pharm.
Bachelor in Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
Pharm or Bachelor in Pharmacy is a 4 year full-time course, which extends upto a period of 8 semesters and for those taking lateral entry, the course duration is 6 semesters. It consists of topics such as medicinal chemistry, industrial pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences and so on. It is helpful for the students who wish to become pharmacists and also understand the effects of medication on the human body.
Pharm. D (Post Baccalaureate)
Pharm D (Post Baccalaureate) is a 6 year program, consisting of 5 years of academics and 1 year of internship in a hospital. The course helps the pharmacists develop knowledge and skills to provide drug and information services, pharmaceutical care, counselling of the patients, identifying the drug interactions, drugs reactions, coordination and conduct of clinical trials and also help in patient care.
Master in Pharmacy (M. Pharm)
Pharm or Master in Pharmacy is a postgraduate course for a duration of 2 years. It helps the B. Pharm graduates gain more understanding and knowledge about specific areas in the field of pharmacy.
Faculty play an integral part in guiding, mentoring and imparting knowledge to the students. Each of them are highly qualified, experienced and knowledgeable in their specialised field. Few of the esteemed faculty members of East Point Pharmacy College Bangalore are:
- Dr. Jagadeesha Singh – Principal Professor.
- Dr. Chandrakal V – Professor/ HOD.
- Dr. Sirajudheen Anwar – Professor/ HOD.
- Mr. Tathagath Dey – Associate Professor.
- Mr. Srinivasan S – Associate Professor.
- Ms. Sarita Kotagiri – Associate Professor.
- Ms. Soosama John – Associate Professor.
- Mr. V. Suresha – Associate Professor.
- Mr. Santosh M – Assistant Professor.
- Dr. Manohara C – Assistant Professor.
- Mr. Basavaraj – Assistant Professor.
- Mrs. Anitha L – Assistant Professor.
- Ms. Jyothi M – Assistant Professor.
The fees structure for the courses offered at East Point College of Pharmacy is:
|D. Pharm||Rs 80,500/-||2 years|
|B. Pharm||Rs 3,01,000/-||4 years|
|Pharm. D(Post Baccalaureate)||Rs 4,86,000/-||6 years|
|M. Pharm||Rs 1,01,000/-||2 years|
Payment Method Options: The payment of the college fees can be done in different ways like Demand Draft, Cheques, NEFT Transfer, Net Banking and Online Payments through UPI. You can opt for any of the fees payment methods as per your convenience.
Scholarships: Scholarships are given to those students who are meritorious in academics and to those who require financial assistance. It is given to boost their self-confidence and also encourage them to achieve in life.
Educational Loans: Educational loans facility can be availed from the banks which are having tie-up with the college. You can get loans at comparatively cheaper interest rates from such banks.
East Point Pharmacy College Placements
The Training and Development Cell of the East Point Group of Institutions looks after the training and development of the students. They are provided with hands-on training in the technical and non-technical field. It has excellent infrastructure facilities to help in supporting each and every step of the placement process. The Head of the Training and Development Cell is Professor Dhananjay Kumar.
The placement cell looks after the placement activities such as:
- Technical Training.
- In house training for the students during vacations.
- Guest Lectures for continuous industry academics interactions.
- Aptitude Training.
- Entrepreneurship encouragement given to the students.
- Various On campus and Off Campus placement activities.
- Sessions on grooming taken by industry experts.
|Pfizer||AstraZeneca||Apollo Hospitals||Novo Nordisk|
|Indegene||Pasteur India Ltd||Accenture||Quintiles|
The average salary package for the undergraduates was around Rs 2,20,000/- and the average salary for postgraduates was Rs 3, 00,000/-.
Ranking and Recognitions
East Point Pharmacy College Bangalore is ranked among the top colleges in Bangalore. The institution is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. It is approved by AICTE and Pharmacy Council of India. The students got placements at various hospitals, research institutes and pharmaceutical companies. The college has got NIRF Ranking in the year 2022.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
East Point Group of Institutions has its campus situated on 2.6 acres of land which is located at Avalahalli, in the city of Bangalore. The green environment within the campus makes the students feel at home, though they are away from their homes. The facilities offered are:
The college provides accommodation for both boys and girls. The hostels are fully furnished with single rooms, twin sharing and three sharing accommodation. The warden is in charge of the hostel. It provides a safe and secure place for them to stay during the course time.
Food is the basic necessity of any person. The college ensures that healthy and nutritious meals are served during the meals to the students. It has a large dining hall and a modernised kitchen. Different varieties of food are prepared according to the preferences of the students.
Library is the source of knowledge of any institution. It has a vast collection of textbooks, reference books and journals. A reading room is a calm and quiet place, where the students and faculties can read and learn quietly.
East Point College of Pharmacy campus has a sports complex which houses the indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Various inter-collegiate, national and state level tournaments take place in this complex.
East Point Group of Institutions has a fleet of buses which is connected to the different locations in the city. Students are taken from the hostels and dropped to the college and also the internship hospitals.
The East Point Hospital is located within the campus. The students can avail the facility of the doctors and the hospital.
College Contact Details
Address: Jnana Prabha, East Point Campus, Virgo Nagar Post, Avalahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560049.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 07204229999
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are the courses offered at East Point College of Pharmacy approved?
Yes, the courses offered at the college are approved by AICTE and Pharmacy Council of India.
2. Where is the college located?
The college is located at Jnana Prabha, East Point Campus, VirgoNagar Post, Avalahalli, Bangalore 560049.
3. What are the courses offered by the college?
The courses offered by the college are D. Pharm, B. Pharm, Pharm D (Post Baccalaureate) and M. Pharm.
4. How much time does it take to complete B. Pharm?
Pharm is a full time course for a duration of 4 years.
5. To which university is the college affiliated?
The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
6. Does the college provide placements?
Yes, the college provides very good placements.
7. What are the facilities available in the college campus?
The facilities available in the college campus are hostels, food court, library, sports facility, transportation and hospital.
8. What is the average salary package of pharmacy graduates?
The average salary package of pharmacy graduates is Rs 2, 20,000/- per annum.
Are you looking for any other pharmacy college? If yes. You can follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
Just a moment
We are glad to know about your responses on our blogs. It encourages and motivates us. If you are an alumni or a student studying in East Point Pharmacy College Bangalore, write about what you think about the institution. It can help other pharmacy aspirants.