Hey everyone, and welcome back to my blog. I understand that students have a tough time selecting a pharmacy college that will give them the best career opportunities. At present, pharmacy colleges give you pharmacy degrees, but very few produce skilled pharmacists. East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore is the best in colleges, with an excellent curriculum, skilled professors, and labs fitted with modern instruments. If you are planning to pursue Pharmacy to enter the captivating world of drug discovery & formulation, read this article carefully to enrol in the best college.
Table of Contents
- East West Pharmacy College Overview
- Admissions to East West College
- Pharmacy Courses Offered
- East West Pharmacy College Departments
- Program Fees Structure
- Career & Placements
- Rankings & Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
East West Pharmacy College Overview
East West College is a well-known and distinguished group of academic establishments established in Bengaluru. Shri. C. M.NAGARAJ, who was a philanthropist and social worker, founded the college in 1968 to promote higher education.
East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore is committed to bringing value-based pharmaceutical teaching & quality research to make pharmacists with high values. Students who passed out from the East West College of Pharmacy meet the nationwide and global challenges in the healthcare industry. East West Pharmacy college offers seven courses that include B Pharm, Pharm D, M Pharm, and Diploma.
|Name||East West College of Pharmacy|
|Address||No.63, Near BEL Layout, Off Magadi Road, Vishwaneedham Post, Anjananagar, Bengaluru-560091|
|City||Bangalore, Bengaluru Urban|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka|
|Hostel||Available for both boys and girls|
Vision: To provide the best in industry quality teaching and training that allows you to achieve in-depth knowledge and expertise in the pharmacy domain to cater to the necessities of the healthcare occupation and community at large.
- The college’s mission is to give high-quality pharmacy upkeep in an environment of professionalism, effective communication, and consideration.
- To induce student-centred pharmacy healthcare education and patient-centred assistance.
Why Choose EWCP?
- The college provides a training and placement cell at East West College of Pharmacy that has made it easier to look for new and favourable expert resources for the pharmacy sector.
- Scholars who are close to graduating each year are part of the East West College of Pharmacy placement wing and get placed in prestigious Ayurvedic, pharmaceutical, biotech, and clinics throughout India.
- The college prohibits ragging inside as well as beyond the campus premises. The committee puts a hawk-eye on such matters, and if someone is seen, stern action will be carried out by the college committee.
- The members of the Anti-Ragging Committee consist of coordinator professors and the director of the university.
- College Cell has strict policies in place to eradicate discrimination against, or harassment of any students enrolled. The committee pays heed to all sorts of action by prohibiting it and delivering preventive and shielding measures to promote safe college space.
- Adequate measures are taken place who indulge in any form of discrimination.
Grievance Redressal Committee.
- The college Committee has been constructed per the UGC policies to redress the grievances of the students and staff. Since the college’s beginning, the committee has been under the immediate purview of the director.
Gender Sensitization Cell.
- East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore cell is formed to build favourable social norms on campus that give equal weight to every person, irrespective of gender.
- It strives to employ gender advocates in the college to inquire about and veer against gender norms in the community which are not favourable towards girls as per the direction of their professors.
Admissions to East West College
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy- Lateral Entry||3 Years|
|Master of Pharmacy||2 Years|
|Doctor of Pharmacy||6 Years|
|Diploma in Pharmacy||2 Years|
- The college’s official website has an option to select a suitable pharmacy course. (This is for both Indian and NRI Students).
- Students from India must send the balance of Rs 500/- for the admission process in the form of a Demand Draft/Cheque/Bank Draft.
- International students must send the balance of 15 USD for the admission process in the form of a Bank Draft/Demand Draft.
- The admission process requires a filled application.
- East West College of Pharmacy shares the brochure after fulfilling the full payment for the specific course.
Eligibility Criteria (B Pharm & M Pharm)
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||Master of Pharmacy|
Eligibility Criteria (D Pharm & Pharm D)
|Doctor of Pharmacy||Diploma in Pharmacy|
|D Pharm (Lateral Entry)
Documents Required (B Pharm and D Pharm)
|Karnataka Students||NRI Students|
Documents Required (M Pharm, Pharm D)
|Karnataka Students||NRI Students|
- Students who have completed their education at Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) are not qualified.
- Students awaiting final results can also do the admission process on a provisional basis.
- East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore cut-off exclusively relies upon the merit list of the particular year.
- The students can take admission as the KCET Cut Off in the 2AG, STR, 2BG, GM, SCG, GMR, SCR, 3AG, 1G, GMK, 3AH, STH, and others.
- Special provisions are given in case of candidates belonging to the Reserved Category in the qualifying exams.
Pharmacy Courses Offered
Diploma in Pharmacy
The diploma programme is ideal for students who want to begin their exploration into the field of pharmacy. If you want a minimum qualification that will get you a job in this field, then a diploma degree is a great start. It teaches students the basics of pharmaceutical science.
Some of the subjects covered are-
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology.
- Health Education and Community Pharmacy.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology.
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence.
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy.
Bachelor of Pharmacy
Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergrad programme in the Pharmacy domain among the science students who completed the class 12th. The course covers drugs and medicines, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Engineering, and more subject fundamentals. The programme syllabi and curriculum are per the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), the statutory body overseeing the pharmacy career in India.
Some of the subjects covered are-
- Human anatomy and physiology.
- Pharmaceutical analysis.
- Organic and inorganic chemistry.
- Pharmaceutical biochemistry.
- Pharmaceutical microbiology.
- Industrial pharmacy.
- Medicinal chemistry.
- Biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics.
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence.
- Community, social, and preventive pharmacy.
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology.
- Quality assurance.
- Pharma marketing management.
- Novel drug delivery systems.
- Dietary supplements and nutraceuticals.
East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore also offers Lateral entry to B Pharm in the third semester. If you have a valid D Pharm degree, you can apply for the same.
Master of Pharmacy
Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences is a post-grad programme in the pharmaceutical domain. There are diverse fields available in M Pharm. like Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Medicinal Chemistry, Quality Assurance Pharmacology, and many more. The students will learn to study the area, data interpreting, testing, and researching drugs for the treatment of the ailments of humankind. The course is in demand due to the modernization of the Pharmaceutical’s impact on the expansion of the medical specialization.
M Pharm Specialization.
Doctor of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy has a primary goal to familiarize pharmacy practitioners to retain leadership skills, progressive expertise, and clinical knowledge. Pharm D is a proficient degree and illustrates pharmacists’ growing commitment to health care systems, and graduates can practice the profession anywhere in the nation.
Some of the subjects which are newly introduced to students in this programme include
- Biostatistics & Research Methodology.
- Clinical Toxicology.
- Clinical Research.
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics.
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacotherapeutic Drug Monitoring.
- Pharmacognosy & Phytopharmaceuticals.
In the sixth year of the course, students undergo an intensive internship or residency programme. They are posted in speciality units, too. They work six months in the general medicine department, pick three other speciality departments and spend 2 months in each of them.
Doctor of Pharmacy (Post Baccalaureate)
The Pharm D (PB) programme is designed for students who aspire to achieve scholarly education in the field of pharmacy. This 3-year course will take students through all the intricacies of the pharmaceutical industry so that they can join professions that require more doctrinal knowledge. Furthermore, if you wish to enter the academic field, then this would be a great option for you.
Please note that the subjects covered in each other these programmes follow a rigorous theoretical and practical based education. Students not only learn the language of science but get hands-on experience of the same.
East West Pharmacy College Departments
About the Departments.
|Pharmacognosy||The department provides quality education to impart knowledge to all students. It is the breakdown and science of medicine from natural sources. The course is well known as it is taught by a well-qualified and devoted faculty member, encouraging the learners’ actions to reach the goal.|
|Organic chemistry||The department imparts pharmaceutical knowledge and expertise on how drugs function in biological approaches and how the body reacts to them. The discipline of pharmacology encloses the chemical properties, sources, biological outcomes, and therapeutic usage of drugs.|
|Pharmaceutics||The department of Pharmaceutics functions to boost the effectiveness and safeness of therapeutics via quality teaching and transformative research in the drug industry and disposition sciences. The college emphasizes physiological and disease methods and environmental effects that vary the metabolism, transportation, distribution, genetics, and absorption of drugs.|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry||The department of pharmaceutical chemistry is interested in bringing lectures in public chemistry, pharmaceutical / medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry and pharmaceutical research for the undergrad students in the 4-year B Pharm class. The students are taught organic chemistry and general chemistry.|
Program Fees Structure
|B Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy)||–|
|M Pharm (Master of Pharmacy)||–|
|Pharm D (Doctor of Pharmacy)||–|
|Pharm D – PB (Doctor of Pharmacy – Post Baccalaureate)||–|
|D Pharm (Diploma in Pharmacy)||–|
East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore hasn’t provided information regarding the fees. You can directly get in touch with the administration and ask for details regarding the same. Feel free to connect with us if you want more assistance!
Loans and scholarships.
We know that technical degrees such as B Pharm and M Pharm course programmes can be a little daunting regarding fees. The students can be assisted in acquiring scholarships via the state scholarship portal as well as the national scholarship every year to get admission to their chosen pharmacy course.
College most often provides financial aid in the form of scholarships, student loans, and/or a work-study. In matters, where the applicant fulfils all the academic and admission criteria, colleges make them eligible for the scholarship under the ensuing schemes and also provide aid for the reserved categories.
Career & Placements
The placement team at East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore is self-reliant. The college frequently invites numerous pharmacy experts and big MNCs to provide students with the most satisfactory training possible. Many hospitals and pharmaceutical companies are keen to recruit students from on-campus placements. Most of the East-West College of Pharma college students got a chance in the government pharmacy division, hospital, and private company soon after graduating. The college is creating a new age of pharmacists by opening its doors of employment to students.
On the campus of East West College of Pharma, more than 100 reputable recruiters and companies are ready to assist with the hiring and give the best in the East West College of Pharmacy placement offers. Here are some of the top recruiters:
Rankings & Achievements
The students at East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore have excelled in their field and made the institution proud on several occasions.
- Abhishek Pandey received not one, but four gold medals at the 24th annual RGUHS Convocation held on 30th April 2022.
- Each semester, the students at EWCP stand in the top 10 scorers under RGUHS.
- They don’t stand behind cultural achievements either. The college remained an undefeated champion in PES Aspiration, which is an intercollegiate competition.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
- The college delivers an in-campus hostel facility spread out over 9 Sq.m for both girls and boys enrolled in pharmacy courses. The hostels are well kept and pay attention to hygiene.
- All the college staff makes sure the prospective student who has chosen to attend the university is safe when staying in the hostels at the world-class institution.
- The students have access to well-equipped college laboratories to learn and conduct various experiments in subjects of Bachelor of Pharmacy, Diploma in Pharmacy, Bachelor of Pharmacy(Lateral), and Doctor of Pharmacy. Industry exposure to learners is delivered via practical application of the curriculum and the concepts.
- East West College of Pharma delivers modern and worldly teaching facilities for its labs. Practical experimentations and workshops are just as critical as academic study; therefore, we ensure that we equip our learners with the most suitable infrastructure and state-of-the-art laboratories that are stored and furnished with the latest technology.
- East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore has a health centre with a student first aid facility that has a spotlessly sanitary and hygienic setup.
- Students can easily use the 150 Sq.m library has a vast collection of books and delivers various resources where education and knowledge prospered.
- The college libraries are excellent gathering areas to seek scholarly research, retain the information taught, use robust information technology, to write, and study our rich collection of electronic and print resources.
- The library hall has more than 100 seating capacities with multimedia personal computers and high-speed Wi-Fi, and the operating hours are 9 am to 6 pm.
- College also promotes exceptional transportation facilities with a fleet of buses for the security of learners is the prime concern. The college Transport services feature safe travel and effectively manage your school transport. We are proud to have safety ensured outside of the college too.
- The college’s facilities reduce the instances of belated arrivals, optimize the costs of vehicle fuels, and efficiently carry the passengers, students & faculty every day following all the protocols.
Seminar Hall & Auditorium
- As per the East West College of Pharmacy reviews, the college is fostered with a seminar hall & auditorium for various programmes, occasions, practice, and performances.
- East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore encourages learners to partake in every activity and augments backing for different Cultural activities.
- East West College of Pharmacy Bangalore also delivers outdoor and indoor sports facilities such as table tennis, football, chess, cricket, badminton, etc. We the best coaching and are proud to increase the sportsmanship in students by directly contributing to their physical growth.
- These exercises provide a valuable channel for the body’s development. In order to guarantee a good body and mind, learners are offered special attention to soundness of body and fitness. The college has a modern gym, with all the new types of equipment that have been placed up in the hostel.
Regardless of how rigorously you research universities or think through your degree options, it never feels like enough, and the added stress of your hectic schedule only makes it seem worse. It is recommended to turn to experts for pharmacy. This is the kind of service we provide here, coupled with extensive information about pharmacy schools. As a result, read our blog for additional information and consider including us in your vacation by contacting us immediately for more information. Furthermore, you can get in direct contact with the college management by calling.
College Contact Details
Address: East West College of Pharmacy, No.63, Near BEL Layout, Off Magadi Road, Vishwaneedham Post, Anjananagar, Bengaluru-560091.
- Contact Number: 91 9448302549, 080 2348 2226, + 080 2328 8245 /242.
- Email ID: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the facilities that East West College of Pharma provides to students?
The college has well-structured, equipped labs, a library, Transportation facilities, a seminar hall, and sports facilities.
2. What courses are offered at the East West College of Pharma in Bangalore?
The courses offered by the college are B Pharm, M Pharm, Doctorate, and Diploma in Pharmacy.
3. How many seats are presented by the college in B Pharma?
The East West College of Pharma offers 100 seats for B Pharm students.
4. Does East West College of Pharma offer accommodations for students staying in hostels?
Yes, the college provides hostel facilities for boys and girls.
5. How is the East West College of Pharma campus doing?
The college campus is well-maintained, secured with guards, and has all amenities.
6. What is the minimum age limit to take Admission in the B Pharm course at East West College of Pharma?
Students must be 17 years of minimum age on or before 31st December for the B Pharm. course.
7. Do students receive scholarships from East West College of Pharma?
Students have an option for getting admission in the preferred course based on the scholarship as well as financial aid is also provided for the special categories.
8. Does East West College of Pharma provide job placements to its students?
The college has a particular placement cell that allows students to get jobs at several reputed MNCs or hospitals around the country.
9. How is the B Pharma course a good career option for the East West College of Pharma students?
B Pharm is an excellent course for a promising career with a substantial scope and many lucrative pharmaceutical opportunities.
10. How are the Students seeking admission after the 12th can consider a good college for admission?
Many aspiring students and their thoughtful parents struggle with choosing a stream after 12th grade. Therefore, selecting the most satisfactory pharmacy college for yourself, you must consider all the below-mentioned points.
Are you interested in collecting more information about the pharmacy college to choose the one that best suits you? if yes. You can follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Sincere Request to Our Readers:
I assume that every one of you must have come across information about institutions that was incongruous when you were submitting an application for a prestigious pharmacy college degree. You must admit how challenging and unpleasant it is. Therefore, we cordially welcome you to visit our comments section and offer a truthful assessment of the university. We’re certain that all of the passionate kids will like it!