Pharmacy is a very important profession and it is widely spread all over the world. There are several employment options that are expanding in the pharmacy industry. This industry’s constant growth has elevated it to the top of today’s list of viable employment options for young people. There are many great colleges that provide courses in Pharmacy, and PES College of Pharmacy Bangalore is one of such colleges. You are about to get all the required information about PES College of Pharmacy in this blog.
Table of Contents
- PES College of Pharmacy Overview
- Admission to PES Pharmacy College
- Pharmacy Courses Offered
- PES College of Pharmacy Fees
- Careers & Placements
- Rankings and Accreditations
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
PES College of Pharmacy Overview
Since its establishment in 1982 with the goal of delivering high-quality education, PES College of Pharmacy [PESCP] has been dedicated to educating Diploma, graduate, and post-graduate students who can satisfy the demands of society by providing safe and efficient health care. The college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, approved by AICTE and PCI, recognized by the Government of Karnataka, and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
|Name||PES College of Pharmacy|
|Address||WHR3+GJ2, 50 Feet Main Rd, Mysore Bank Colony, Hanumanthnagar, Banashankari Stage I, Banashankari, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560050.|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education & Pharmacy Council of India|
|Recognized by||Government of Karnataka|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
- To become globally superior in technology and morality in the field of Pharmacy.
- To make students committed to law and ethics with a sense of values and morals.
- To make students analytically strong and creative.
- To make students inquisitive in the field of Pharmacy.
- To skill individuals in developing the ability to fit in an ever-changing world.
- To participate effectively in developing the required skills.
Why Study B Pharm?
- A bridge between the doctor and the patient.
- Highly productive career.
- Participation in achieving better health for society.
- Organize, analyze, and diagnose data of pharmaceutical experiments in different departments.
- To envision and work on multidisciplinary tasks for organizational development.
- Proficient and ethical responsibilities as per pharmaceutical statute.
- Exhibit skills in to use of modern pharmaceutical tools, software, and equipment to interpret & solve problems.
- Advertise and market the pharmaceuticals and train the developing pharmacist to become self-sufficient pharmacists and health care, professionals.
- Exhibit honesty, integrity, compassion, and concern for others and carry out their professional duties by adhering to high moral standards.
Admission to PES Pharmacy College
PES College of Pharmacy Bangalore offers B Pharm, Pharm D, M Pharm, and PhD in Pharmacy. To get admission to PES College of Pharmacy, there are some steps and constraints to be followed. Let’s talk about the admission procedure and other aspects in detail.
PES College of Pharmacy accommodates 100 seats for B Pharm, 30 seats for Pharm D, and 39 seats for M Pharm. The seats are further divided into CET/PG quota and PESSAT quota. The intake for a PhD is subject to the decision of the research department head.
|Course Name||CET/PGCET Quota Seats||PESSAT Quota seats|
The seat division for M Pharm is done according to the specializations.
|Specialization||CET/PGCET Quota Seats||PESSAT Quota seats|
Step 1: Go to the college website and get access to the application form for your desired course.
Step 2: Fill in the appropriate details and upload the required documents in the application form.
Step 3: Submit the application form and wait for the college to review it.
Step 4: The college will check with the eligibility and contact for further proceedings.
CET: Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts a Common Entrance Test (CET) for Karnataka students to get admission in courses in the field of Engineering, Technology, Homeopathy, Architecture, Naturopathy & Yoga, Pharmacy, and Agriculture. This exam is only applicable to Karnataka students. Other state students can apply for the management quota for admission to educational institutions.
Eligibility Criteria for B Pharm & Pharm D
- The candidate should be aged 17 and above.
- The candidate should have passed 10 + 2 examinations.
Eligibility Criteria for M Pharm
- The candidate should be aged 17 and above.
- The candidate should have passed 10 + 2 examinations.
- The candidate should have completed B Pharm graduation.
You need to submit all the documents with 2 sets of photocopies. The documents required for the above courses are given below.
- Original 10th Marks Card.
- Original 12th Marks Card.
- Admission Order.
- Provisional Degree Certificate (For M Pharm Students).
- Semester Marks Card (For M Pharm Students).
- Transfer Certificate.
- Industrial Training Certificate (For M Pharm Students).
- Migration Certificate (For Non-Karnataka Students).
- Original Tuition Fee Receipt.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Copy of PAN Card.
- For PGCET Candidates
- Caste Certificate.
- Rural Certificate.
- Kannada Medium Certificate.
- Income Certificate.
- Hyderabad Certificate.
- NCC Certificate.
- Sports Certificate.
- X Defense Certificate.
- Other Related Certificate.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD in Pharmacy
- The candidate should have completed M Pharm/Pharm D graduation.
- The candidate should have scored an aggregate of 60% in the degree examinations.
Documents Required for PhD Admission
- Cover Letter.
- Marks Card Copies.
- 3 Recommended Letters (2 from academic references).
- Degree Certificates.
- Statement of Purpose.
- GRE/GATE/UGC/CAT Scores (optional).
Important Admission Dates (2022-2023)
|PESSAT Registration Commencement||November 2021|
|Test Slot Bookings Commencement||January 2022|
|PES Scholastic Aptitude Test||January to July 2022|
|Online Registrations Last Date||July 2022|
|UG Courses Formal Commencement||August 2022|
|PG Courses Formal Commencement||September 2022|
Important Dates for CET 2022
|Application Registration Date||April 18, 2022|
|Application Form Submission Last Date||May 20, 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||June 2, 2022|
|Exam Date||June 16 & 17, 2022|
|Result Announcement||July 30, 2022|
Pharmacy Courses Offered
PES College of Pharmacy Bangalore offers 1 undergraduate course, 1 post-graduate course, and 2 doctorate courses. The courses offered are
- Bachelor of Pharmacy.
- Master of Pharmacy.
- Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Doctorate in Pharmacy.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharm)
This course takes 4 years to complete its period of time. B Pharm graduates will gain strong and well-defined knowledge in the field of Pharmacy. The students will learn subjects such as pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical analysis, pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry, and pharmacognosy.
The syllabus of this 4-year program is
Master of Pharmacy
M Pharm is a 2-year course done after completing B Pharm. The course is designed to give detailed information on any particular subject in the field of Pharmacy. PES College of Pharmacy Bangalore provides M Pharm with 3 specializations to widen the scope and availability for graduates of this course. The specializations in M Pharm are
- Pharmaceutical Analysis.
M Pharm Pharmacology Objectives
- To uphold all safety regulations and moral standards in experimental procedures.
- To study the advancements in drug treatment of different diseases and the mechanism of drug actions.
M Pharm Pharmaceutics Objectives
- To train students in the development and understanding of Molecular Pharmaceutics.
- Prepare and evaluate Novel Drug Delivery Systems in situations of crucial analysis and troubleshooting.
- To develop students to analyze raw data and interpret the Pharmacokinetic Models and Parameters.
- Use Computational Modeling for Drug Disposition to develop an interest in research.
M Pharm Specialties
The curriculum for the above specializations is given below.
|M Pharm Pharmacology||
|Dr. Saravanan J||Dean|
|Srinivasan R||Dean IQAC|
|Dr. K. Lakshman||Professor|
|Dr. C.S. Satish||Professor|
|Biswa Ranjan Patra||Associate Professor|
|Dr. M.N Palaksha||Associate Professor|
|Mukund Handral||Associate Professor|
|K Girija||Associate Professor|
|Jyothi Lakshmi N||Associate Professor|
|Manju Shree S||Associate Professor|
|Apoorva Dev M||Associate Professor|
|N. Dhanashree||Associate Professor|
|Akshatha R S||Associate Professor|
|Nagendra Babu M.||Associate Professor|
|B. R. Swetha||Associate Professor|
|Mahima Mathur||Associate Professor|
|Manju Bhargavi V||Associate Professor|
|Sreeja Nyayakar||Associate Professor|
|E Mohana Roopa||Associate Professor|
|Vinutha Bhat||Associate Professor|
|Narahari K V||Associate Professor|
|S Usha Rani||Associate Professor|
|Swapna M||Associate Professor|
|Vimal John Samuel||Associate Professor|
|Vineela N||Associate Professor|
|Vijayanthimala Purushothaman||Associate Professor|
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis.
- Department of Pharmaceutics.
- Department of Pharmacognosy.
- Department of Pharmacology.
- Department of Pharmacy Practice.
PES College of Pharmacy Fees
Fees are a very integral part of an individual’s education. We always wish that the college and course we study are worth our money. In this section of our page, I will give you all the information about the PES College of Pharmacy Bangalore fee structure so that you can better understand the college and its courses.
In the first year of the courses provided by the college, the candidate needs to pay an administrative fee which will be non-refundable.
|Course Name||Administrative Fee Structure|
|B Pharm||INR 10,000/-|
|D Pharm||INR 10,000/-|
|M Pharm||INR 10,000/-|
|Pharm D||INR 10,000/-|
The annual fee structure for all B Pharm, D Pharm, and Pharm D at PES College of Pharmacy are given below.
|Course Name||Fees per Annum|
|B Pharm||INR 1,60,000/-|
|D Pharm||INR 60,000/-|
|Pharm D||INR 2,80,000/-|
The fee structure for M Pharm varies according to the specialization you choose, read below to get the annual fee structure of M Pharm courses with various specializations.
|Specialization||Fees per Annum|
|M Pharm Pharmacology||INR 2,00,000/-|
|M Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis||INR 1,60,000/-|
|M Pharm Pharmaceutics||INR 2,00,000/-|
There are many payment options available at the college. You can choose any payment mode feasible for you. The various payment mode available is
- Debit/Credit Card: You can visit the college premises and pay fees via Credit or Debit Card.
- Net Banking: If you are unable to visit college, you can choose to pay fees online via Net Banking.
- Challan: If you are going for challan, you will have to carry the application form as well as the challan to the bank for the payment.
- Demand Draft: You will have to receive the demand draft from your bank and fill in the details in the application form and submit it to the admission office of the college.
PES College of Pharmacy Bangalore is managed by PES University and the University offers several scholarships to deserving candidates, but these scholarships are liable only after the candidate joins the college and not before that.
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria||Scholarship Amount|
|MRD Scholarships||Top 20% CGPA in the academic year.||40% Tuition Fee Waiver for the next academic year.|
|Distinction Awards||7.5 and above CGPA||Cash Prize|
|Corporate Scholarships||Merit-based||Final Year Scholarship|
|Teaching Assistantship||Shrewdness toward teaching||Fee Compensation|
|Research Assistantship||Research Aspirant||Compensation to work as a research associate under professors.|
The best way to encourage an aspirant to show his potential is by investing in his education. Many banks and private organizations provide loans to such aspirants. Credenc is one such startup company that helps students financially to pursue their desired education in various colleges and PES College of Pharmacy is one of them.
Loan Application Procedure:
Step 1: Go to their website and fill out an online application form.
Step 2: Take up an assessment to test your hard and soft skills.
Step 3: The expert will help you with the best deal.
|Course Name||EMI Amount|
|B Pharm||4546 INR – 7496 INR|
|M Pharm||3410 INR – 5622 INR|
Careers & Placements
A pharmacist is an essential member of the healthcare team to deliver medications to patients and guarantee that they are utilized in the safest and most efficient manner possible. The safe administration of the doses and the absence of any possible drug interactions that can have a negative impact on the patient are the responsibility of the pharmacist. Additionally, pharmacists may assist with blood pressure checks, provide immunizations, do health screenings, and advise patients on how to use their prescriptions most effectively.
Why Choose Pharmacy as a Career?
- Trending Profession.
- Well-known Profession.
- A vital component of the Healthcare Industry.
- Innovative Medical Diagnosis.
- Helping People.
- Numerous Career Opportunities.
- Job Autonomy & Flexibility.
- Cutting-Edge Technology.
Career Options in Pharmacy
PES College of Pharmacy Bangalore offers several courses in the field of pharmacy, and you are already aware that pharmacy has a wide range of job opportunities and career opportunities, so let’s take a look at the various career options available for the following courses.
B Pharm Graduates
- Production and Quality Control.
- Medical Underwriting.
- Drug Inspector.
- Pharmaceutical Marketing.
D Pharm Graduates
- Scientific Officer.
- Medical Transcriptionist.
- Pathological Lab Scientist.
- Research Officer.
- Production Executive.
- Analytical Chemist.
- Research & Development Executive.
M Pharm Graduates
- Junior Researcher.
- Technical Supervisor.
- Research Associate.
- Hospital Counselling Officer.
- Medicine Manufacturer.
Pharm D Graduates
- Clinical Pharmacist.
- Hospital Staff Pharmacist.
- Pharmaceutical Advisor.
- Supply Logistics Leader.
- Hospital Pharmacy Director.
- Medical Journalist.
- Medical Safety Physician.
- Drug Safety Associate.
Rankings and Accreditations
PES College of Pharmacy Bangalore was founded with the goal of providing quality education in the field of Pharmacy. Students and faculty at PESCP work tirelessly to create and disseminate knowledge critical to students’ education and professional development as pharmacists, healthcare professionals, and research scholars. The primary goal of the college courses is to provide education geared toward preparing students for careers in the pharmaceutical industry, research, and education.
PES College of Pharmacy is approved by the Karnataka government, affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), and approved by AICTE and PCI.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
PES College of Pharmacy is proud to be committed to providing quality education through the collaborative efforts of Management, Staff, Students, and Parents. We provide a healthy environment for students to aim high, excel in their respective fields, and become responsible citizens.
- Infrastructure: While students might opt to be day scholars, we feel that campus living fosters independence and helps them build adaptability. The leafy PES campus has lovely spaces for studying, living, and interacting.
- Hostel: The exceptional residential facilities have been meticulously planned in accordance with international standards. The campus hostels provide well-ventilated, comfortable rooms, with separate hostels for girls and boys. Single, double, and multi-share rooms are available.
- Cafeteria: Common recreational spaces provide a sense of community and long-lasting ties. With an expansive terrace and an open kitchen, the contemporary cafeteria can serve hundreds of students each day and provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian alternatives. On campus, there are also a number of eateries serving a wide range of cuisines, from South Indian specialities to North Indian menus.
- Research Focus: NCEs of medical value have been synthesized and characterized for screening against bacteria, fungi, tuberculosis, and antioxidants.
- Labs & Library: The labs have the most modern tools available for conducting research. PES University libraries are more than 50,000 square feet in size and offer students access to a sizable collection of resources.
- Extracurricular Activities
- Orientation Program.
- Industrial Visits.
- Communication Skills.
- Journal Club Meetings.
- Cultural Activities.
- Guest Lectures.
- Personality Development.
- Research Review Meetings.
- Quiz Competitions.
- Extempore Speeches.
- Vision-Annual Magazine.
College Contact Details
Address: WHR3+GJ2, 50 Feet Main Rd, Mysore Bank Colony, Hanumanthnagar, Banashankari Stage I, Banashankari, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560050
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does PES College of Pharmacy provide hostel accommodation?
Yes, the college provides hostel accommodation.
2. What are the courses offered by the college?
The college offers D. Pharm, B. Pharm, Pharm. D, and M.Pharm Degree courses.
3. Where is the college located?
The college is located at 50 Feet Road, Hanumanthanagar, Bangalore – 560050
4. How much time does it take to complete Pharm D?
Pharm D is a full-time course for a duration of 6 years.
5. What is the eligibility criteria for B Pharm?
You must be aged 17 and above and should have passed the 10 + 2 examination.
6. Is PES College of Pharmacy affiliated with any University?
The institution is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
7. Does PES College of Pharmacy provide scholarships?
Yes, the college provides scholarships to its students.
8. Are there any Industrial Visits by the college?
Yes, the college facilitates its students with Industrial Visits.
9. What are the facilities available within the campus?
The facilities available on campus are a hostel, library, labs, cafeteria, and other extracurricular activities.
You can check out other top pharmacy colleges if you’re interested. Simply click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Humble Ask To Our Readers
We did our best to include all the important details about PES College of Pharmacy Bangalore. Please take a moment to provide your feedback in this space. Additionally, if you are an alumnus or otherwise connected to this college, please share your thoughts on your experience there. Do share and assist others with your priceless experience.