Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that uses natural substances to stimulate the human body’s defense mechanism. It is based on traditional healing practices as well as ancient practices. Are you interested in pursuing a homeopathy course? If yes, then Maharashtra has the best homeopathy institutions. One among them is EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur.
Table of Contents
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur Overview
Diksha Shikshan Vikas Kendra founded the institution in 1991. It is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik. The program is approved and recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi as well as by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi. The College offers undergraduate Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery. The annual intake for BHMS is 50 seats.
|Name||EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur|
|Address||Plot No P-19, Badyachiwadi MIDC Area, Adjacent to Shendri Lake, Gandhinglaj, Kolhapur 416502 Maharashtra|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik|
|Approved by||Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi|
|Recognized by||Ministry of AYUSH|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
The vision of the college is to become a top-class homeopathic college in the country. To train healthcare professionals who are responsible as well as ethical in the medical field.
The Mission of the College is to develop and train the next generation of homeopaths by providing the best infrastructure facilities, best faculties as well as placements. To create awareness about homeopathic medicine among people, groups, and society.
Why study at EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur?
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur is among the best homeopathy colleges in the city of Kolhapur. It attracts students from within the country as well as abroad. Some of the reasons to study here are:
- The College is affiliated with Maharashtra Health Sciences University, Kolhapur, and recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi as well as the Maharashtra Government.
- Students are provided with the best infrastructure facilities such as hostels, cafeterias, mess, outdoor games facility, Seminar Hall, Gym, Library, and so on.
- Faculties are helpful, knowledgeable, experienced, and trained in homeopathy.
- Placements are offered in the best healthcare organizations.
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur Admission
The process for admissions at EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur is:
- Step 1: Go to the Admissions Section.
- Step 2: Submit the application form with your personal details.
- Step 3: Upload the documents.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees.
- Step 5: Keep a completed application form for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS
If you are able to fulfill the eligibility criteria, you will become eligible for admission to BHMS:
- Aspirants must have passed PUC or 12th Class from a recognized college or institution with a Science Stream.
- He/She should have studied subjects like Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- The combined score of the subjects taken together must be at least 50% for General Students and 40% for SC/ST Students.
- The age at the time of admission must be 17 years.
- Must be qualified in NEET.
Documents Required for BHMS
Once you get selected, you will be invited by the college to complete the admission process. During the visit to the college, you must bring photocopies of the given documents:
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard.
- College Leaving Certificate.
- SC Passing Certificate.
- SC Marksheet.
- Aadhar Card.
- PAN Card.
- Permanent Address Proof.
- Voter ID.
- Parent’s Income Certificate.
- Age Domicile Certificate.
- Non-creamy Layer Certificate.
- Nationality Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Gap Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Passport-size photos.
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur offers undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree in Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS. The duration of the UG course is 5 years and 6 months. It includes 4 years and 6 months of academic studies, followed by 1 year of compulsory internship. The Students are given an understanding of the field of homeopathic medicine and surgery. They are exposed to both theoretical as well as practical ways of teaching.
BHMS Course Structure
During the BHMS Course, students get knowledge about the various aspects of the homeopathic system of medicine. Once the final year is completed, they are supposed to undergo one year of compulsory internship. Some of the subjects in BHMS are:
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Pathology and Microbiology.
- Organon of Medicine and so on.
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur Fee Structure
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur Fees for BHMS are given below:
- The Course Fees for BHMS vary as per your category and the marks obtained in the previous examination.
- The fees are decided by the MUHS, Nasik, as well as by the management of the college.
Will the college provide scholarships? What is the process of getting scholarships? These are some questions which come to the mind of the medical aspirants. Let me help you. Yes, the college provides financial assistance based on merit and ranking.
The Maharashtra Government also supports students to pursue higher education through State and Central Scholarships. Some of the scholarships given by the Government are:
- Post Matric Scholarships for SC Students.
- Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship.
- Post Matric Scholarships for Persons with Disability.
- Eklavya Scholarships.
- Vocational Education Fee Reimbursement and so on.
Placements and Scope
The Placement Department at EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur takes care of the internships as well as placements of the BHMS Students. The Committee is represented by Student and Faculty Members.
A database is created of all the students with the skills. Organizations are invited to the campus to conduct the placement activities. Career Enhancement and Personality Development Sessions help to groom the students to face future challenges. Students are offered lucrative salary packages.
Job Profiles after BHMS
In recent times, the BHMS Course has gained immense popularity within India as well as abroad. There is a growing requirement for professional homeopathic doctors. Salary packages vary as per the experience in the field. A few of the jobs available to BHMS graduates are:
- Homoeopathy Doctor.
- Private Practitioner.
- Researcher, and so on.
Rankings and Affiliations
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur is among the best homeopathy colleges in Maharashtra. The College comes under MUHS, Nasik, and is approved by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, and the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi.
The ranking is good because of the top-class infrastructure facilities, experienced faculties, course structure, and excellent placements. During campus placements, students are offered handsome salary packages.
On Campus Facilities Offered
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur Address is Badyachiwadi MIDC Area, Adjacent to Shendri Lake, which is in Kolhapur District of Maharashtra. Kolhapur City is a growing educational center where there are numerous educational institutions.
It attracts students from different parts of the country. It is well connected to other states with all modes of transport. The College ensures the safety and security of the students.
Facilities offered within the campus are:
The College has its own Homoeopathic Hospital situated within the campus. It has a 25-bed hospital which has both OPD and IPD Departments. In addition, there is a 100-bed Sub District Hospital of the Maharashtra Government. A team of professional doctors creates awareness among the people living in the nearby areas.
The Library is the center of knowledge of any institution. It has a vast collection of around 7892 reference books and textbooks, along with national and international journals. Students and Faculty Members are given access to the digital library. It also has a reading room where they can sit and study quietly.
Boys and Girls have separate hostels. Each hostel is headed by the Warden. The Warden is responsible for looking after the needs and requirements of the hostelites. Mess is attached to the individual hostels. The menu is decided on the taste and preference of the students. The health and well-being of the students are the top priority of the college.
College Contact Details
- Address: Plot No P-19, Badyachiwadi MIDC Area, Adjacent to Shendri Lake, Gandhinglaj, Kolhapur 416502 Maharashtra.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Kolhapur Railway Station: 60.7 km.
- Distance from Kolhapur Bus Stop: 60.7 km.
- Distance from Kolhapur Airport: 55.8 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur established?
EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur was established in 1991.
2. Which course is offered by the college?
The college offers undergraduate level Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS.
3. How many seats are there for BHMS at EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College?
There are 50 seats for BHMS at EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College.
4. Does the EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur provide placements?
Yes, the EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur provides placements.
5. Are scholarships awarded to BHMS Students from the college?
Yes, scholarships are awarded to BHMS Students from the college.
6. What is the duration of the BHMS Course?
BHMS is a full time UG Course for a duration of 5 years and 6 months.
7. How to get admission to BHMS at EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College?
Admissions to BHMS in EB Gadkari Homoeopathic Medical College Kolhapur is based on the NEET Score.
8. Is it required to do an internship in BHMS?
Yes, you are required to complete an internship after the final year in BHMS.
A small ask
If you are a student currently doing BHMS or an alumnus, please spare a few minutes to share your valuable insights about the college. Let us know the pros and cons of the institutions. Your opinions are extremely valuable for students who are aspiring to make a career in the medical field. Help someone make better decisions. Thanks in advance!