We’re back to help you choose the Best Dental Colleges in India. ESIC Dental College Gulbarga is the next college in the series of descriptions of dental institutions in India. Read the complete article to find out everything there is to know about the college, including it’s location, admission standards, and academic offerings. So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- ESIC Dental College Gulbarga Overview
- ESIC Dental College Admission
- Courses Offered in ESIC Dental College
- ESIC Dental College Fees
- Career Opportunities & Placements
- College Rankings and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
ESIC Dental College Gulbarga Overview
The Employees State Insurance Corporation Dental College, popularly known as ESIC Dental College, is a reputable institution located in Gulbarga, Karnataka. The ESIC Dental College Gulbarga is one of Karnataka’s leading government-sponsored dental colleges that was founded in 2017.
The College is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and operates under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
|College Name||ESIC Dental College|
|Location||SH10, Gulbarga University, Jnana Ganga, Kalnoor, Kalaburagi, Karnataka 585106.|
|College type||Public / Government|
|Affiliated with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Hostel||Yes (Girls and Boys)|
The institution’s vision is to lead the dental industry by developing and promoting educational initiatives that support patient care and public awareness.
Education and training for medical professionals who are dedicated to giving sincere and compassionate care to others, primarily the less fortunate.
Why choose ESIC Dental College Gulbarga?
- ESIC Dental College in Karnataka is highly rated in the dental industry.
- Students receive comprehensive knowledge from the college, both theoretically and practically.
- Gives students access to the most recent technology and hands-on training, which will help them learn more quickly.
- The institution offers resources like a library, a lab with the latest technology, and hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
- ESIC Dental College Gulbarga also has a vibrant campus life.
ESIC Dental College Admission
ESIC Dental College functions under the Ministry of Labour and Employment and is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. Admission to ESIC Dental College is available both online and offline for students interested in the BDS program.
Students can study the BDS program at ESIC Dental College Gulbarga for a reasonable price. To enroll at this college, you must follow a set of procedures. Before that, let’s talk about this college’s admission intake.
Seat availability at ESIC Dental College Gulbarga is:
|Course Name||Intake Capacity|
The admission procedure for the BDS program is as follows:
- Step 1: First, visit the college’s website’s Admissions section.
- Step 2: Next, an application form will be displayed. Fill in your personal information.
- Step 3: Third, upload the necessary documents.
- Step 4: Once you’ve completed the previous steps, click the following link to pay the application fees.
- Step 5: Take a printout of the application form that has been filled out and save it for future use.
General Instructions for students applying to join ESIC Dental College
- Students must report inside the Academic Section, 1st Floor, ESIC Dental College by 10:00 am on the day mentioned in the counseling letter issued by KEA/AIQ/ESIC Ward of IP in order to be considered for BDS admission. Any student who misses the deadline to report will have their admission canceled, and the appropriate authorities will be informed.
- A parent or guardian must accompany students during admission or seat surrender since certain documents also demand a parent or guardian’s signature.
- It may take more than one day to complete the admissions process. Outstation candidates are urged to make their own accommodation arrangements.
- The admission granted to the student is only temporary. The final authorities are DME and RGUHS.
- The original documents will be forwarded to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore for admission consideration. Students must maintain at least three photocopies of original documents with them for future reference.
- Each candidate must present the original certifications included in the checklist and two sets of self-attested photocopies of original documents. Originals and photocopies must be submitted in the order specified. For their original documents, students must supply one file, two plastic folders, and one A4 postal envelope. All documents and photos must be scanned in jpg/jpeg format and sent to email@example.com on a pen drive.
- The proper seat surrender procedure shall be followed in the case of AIQ/ESIC Ward IP-NEET seats.
- Kindly Create the seat surrender receipt online and get in touch with the ESIC Dental College, Kalaburagi, Admission Counter.
- The hours for reporting are 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday is a half-day of work. On Sundays and other national holidays, the college will be closed.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS Admission
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old at the time of admission, or they must be that age by December 31.
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or High School Secondary exam by the CBSE or equivalent exam administered by any State Board.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% aggregate in PCB/Biotech.
- Candidates from Schedule Caste and Scheduled Tribe must get a minimum of 40% overall to qualify.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
- SSLC / 10th Standard Marks card, which must include a date of birth.
- 12th Standard/Sr. Secondary/Intermediate Marks Card.
- Transfer Certificate (10 +2).
- Gap Certificate (if applicable).
- Study Certificate / Character & Conduct Certificate/ Migration Certificate ( Migration Certificate is applicable for students other than Karnataka State).
- NEET -2021 Admission/Hall Ticket.
- Score Card NEET -2021 with Rank Position i.e. All India Rank.
- KEA/ AIPMEE Admission/Allotment Order.
- Application for Eligibility Certificate (for the students of CBSE/ICSE/Other States) and Payment Details.
- Recent Passport size Photograph (04).
- OBC/SC /ST/PH Caste Certificate as applicable, and in the format as per NEET-2021 Bulletin/ Brochure EWS Certificate by Appropriate Authority.
- 371 J Eligibility Certificate if Applicable.
- Scanned copies of all documents submitted including photos have been mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and submitted in Pen Drive.
- Original Ward of IP Certificate and Pehchan Card for ESIC Ward of IP Quota.
For Female Candidates only:
- Affidavit by the candidate as per Annexure -III.
- Affidavit by IP as per Annexure-IV.
Fees Paid (DD or Challan No):
- At KEA
- At College
Courses Offered in ESIC Dental College
The college offers an Undergraduate program in Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)||5 Years|
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
After MBBS, BDS is one of the most demanded programs in India for students looking to pursue a career in dental surgery. BDS is a 5-year undergraduate program that consists of 4 years of theory and 1 year of required training.
Anyone who wishes to work in the dental sciences can seek a BDS degree. BDS does not provide any specializations. Throughout the four-year undergraduate program, the student experiences numerous paradigms of dental treatment.
ESIC Dental College Fees
ESIC Dental College Gulbarga BDA Fee Structure:
|Fees||Amount (in Rs.)||Mode of Payment|
|Tuition Fee (AIQ/ State Quota)||1,00,000/-||Demand Draft|
|Tuition Fee (ESIC Ward of IP Management Quota)||24,000/-|
|Caution Deposit of Tuition Fee||5,000/-|
|Caution Deposit of Hostel Fee||10,000/-|
|University Fees (First year only)||11,950/-||To be deposited to Bank Account|
|Payment for fee Eligibility Certificate||As applicable||https://rguhs.karnataka.gov.in/rguhsec/|
Mode of Payment
- Demand Draft
Demand Drafts shall be drawn from any Nationalised Bank in favor of “ESI Corporation” Payable at Kalaburagi.
- Deposit to Bank Account
To be deposited to ESIC Medical College Collection Account Bank:
- Name State Bank of India.
- A/c No: 33873430683.
- IFSC Code: SBIN0017792.
- Branch: Sedam Road Branch.
- Students from the CBSE, ICSE and other States are eligible to use the eligibility certificate. They must provide the certifications included in the RGUHS application together with a copy of the payment information when applying for an eligibility certificate via the aforementioned URL.
- The above-mentioned Fee Structure may change periodically depending on instructions from the Headquarters office and the Competent Authority. Therefore, it is advised to double-check the most recent course cost structures with the college’s admissions office.
Loans for education are very useful because they pay all of the student’s educational costs at a lower rate of interest. Once the student has graduated from college and found a solid career, he or she can always repay the debt.
You can always ask the college’s admission office about these. Scholarship programs are typically offered by institutions to meritorious students. Each college, however, has its own scholarship programs.
If you have any questions, we advise you to ask the college. If you still need help, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Our team can act rapidly to take action and give you the necessary information.
Career Opportunities & Placements
Job Opportunities for BDS Graduates
During the last semester of the BDS degree, the student is required to complete an internship. After completing the internship, he or she is awarded a BDS degree.
- Those BDS graduates who earned an honors degree are qualified to open their own dental clinic.
- Graduates of the BDS program are qualified to work as clinical researchers, whose duties include assessing medical equipment and researching the efficacy of drugs.
- BDS graduates with the necessary skills and a love for teaching can become members of dental faculty and work as professors in dental colleges.
- By passing government admission tests, BDS graduates can seek jobs at government hospitals as well.
Top businesses, hospitals, research institutes, and nursing homes were present during placements. Karnataka is home to some of the greatest hospitals and healthcare facilities in the country. Some of the top BDS recruiters include:
- Pharmaceutical research scientist.
- MAX Healthcare.
- Apollo Hospitals.
- Government and private healthcare clinics.
- Care Hospitals.
- Fortis Healthcare.
Higher Studies in Dentistry
After finishing a course, graduates had very few possibilities in the past. He or she would either start a private clinic or go to college. Now that most of them are attempting to increase their expertise in specialized subjects, the situation has altered. After the BDS course, a variety of courses are offered, including:
- MDS in Community Dentistry.
- MDS in Oral Pathology.
- M Sc in Forensic Dentistry.
- M Sc in Oral Biology.
- MBA in Public Health.
- MBA in Healthcare Management.
- PG Diploma in Clinical Research.
- PG Diploma in Health and Hospital Management.
- Fellowship in Medical Cosmetology.
College Rankings and Achievements
- ESIC Dental College Gulbarga has been recognized as one of the best dental colleges in the state of Karnataka.
- It is a private institution recognized by the Government of India’s Dental Council of India (DCI), New Delhi.
- The college functions under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
ESIC Dental College Gulbarga has separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls. The hostels are large, hygienic, and pleasant, and they include all the amenities that students might possibly need. All of the essential utilities needed by the students are offered in every hostel room.
A warden is in charge of the residents’ security at each hostel. Efforts are being made to make hostels safer and more pleasant in order to provide a peaceful environment in which students may study.
The Warden and student reps are in charge of the mess. Modernized kitchens are used to make wholesome meals. Mess Payments must be made on an annual basis.
Within the campus, there are sports facilities for games like cricket, football, volleyball, basketball, badminton, etc. Students are encouraged to compete in tournaments at the state and district levels.
The library serves as the institution’s knowledge hub. The outstanding library at ESIC Dental College Gulbarga is spacious and well-maintained. There are dental reference books, theses, magazines, CDs, national and international publications, and study books.
With their ID cards, faculty members and students have access to the library’s resources. The systems have wifi and internet capabilities.
To give students hands-on experience and help them understand ideas, the college features modern laboratories that are well-maintained and furnished with cutting-edge equipment. It is managed by faculty members and skilled lab staff.
College Contact Details
- Address: SH10, Gulbarga University, Jnana Ganga, Kalnoor, Kalaburagi, Karnataka 585106.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone: 080-23325130.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the duration of the BDS course?
The BDS course at ESIC Dental College Gulbarga is of 5 years duration.
2. Is ESIC Dental College co-ed?
Yes, ESIC dental college is co-ed.
3. Where is the college located?
ESIC Dental College is located in Gulbarga city, Karnataka.
4. Does this college offer hostel facilities for girls?
Yes, the college provides hostel facilities for both girls & boys.
5. When was the College established?
ESIC Dental College was established in the year 2017.
6. Does ESIC Dental College offer MBBS and MDS courses?
No, ESIC Dental college does not offer MBBS and MDS courses.
7. Is ESIC Dental College affiliated?
Yes, ESIC Dental College is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
8. What is the contact number of ESIC Dental College?
To get in touch with the ESIC Dental College Gulbarga, call 080-23325130.
A Small Request:
I sincerely hope you enjoyed and learned something from my blog. But I have a request for you if you are an alumnus of ESIC Dental College. If you could share your actual campus experience in the comments section, it would help those who are considering joining this college. I’m looking forward to your comments below as it would be really helpful to them.