|Apply for Admission 2022-23|
Hi guys! I hope everything is going fine and well with you. I realize that it is an important time when you have to make a decision about your future. When there are so many streams like medicine, nursing, allied sciences, homeopathy, Ayurveda, and many more. It becomes confusing to choose the right one, which will be good for your career. Don’t worry, I am here to help you out at each and every step, till your admission to the college of your liking. In this post, I will be giving you more information about another college, which is Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore.
Table of Contents
- Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore Overview
- Documents required
- Admission Procedure of Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
- Placements at Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
- Life at campus
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore Overview
Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore come under the Father Muller Charitable Institutions. The group of institutions was founded by a German Missionary Father Muller, who was the grandson of Mr Augustus Muller, who was the teacher of Dr Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of Homeopathy. He was so intrigued with homeopathy, that he popularised it in the city of Mangalore as well as throughout the country.
Father Muller Charitable Institutions began in the year 1880, with a small dispensary in the Kankanady Hills, which was also called Poor Dispensary of Homeopathy. Father Muller was the first Indian to become a Repertorian and he has written many books on homeopathy.
In the year 1980, Father Muller Charitable Institutions celebrated its centenary and commenced the Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital in a place called Kankanady. The institution began in the year 1985 and later grew into a pioneering Institute, a homeopathic Medical College.
Father Muller Group of Institutions comprises various colleges. They are:
- Father Muller Medical College.
- Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital.
- Father Muller College of Allied Health Services.
- Father Muller College of Nursing.
- Father Muller School of Nursing.
- Father Muller College.
- Father Muller Homeopathic Pharmaceutical.
- Father Muller Simulation and Skills Centre.
- Father Muller Research Centre.
- Father Muller Rehabilitation Unit.
The college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore and it is also recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi. In the year 2006, the institution moved to thirty-six acres of lush, green, and beautiful campus at Deralakatte which has the Homeopathic Hospital, Hostels, Chapel, Gym Facility, and a Botanical Garden. It has got accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ Grade.
The Post Graduate Courses began with three basic subjects in the year 1998, which were Organon of Medicine, Homeopathic Materia Medica, and increased to four specializations in Practice of Medicine, Paediatrics, Homeopathic Pharmacy, and Psychiatry. The location of the college is at University Road, Deralakatte, Mangalore 575018 Karnataka.
Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore offers graduate and post-graduate level courses, Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) and M.D (Hom.).
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) at Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine and the people who practise it are called homoeopaths. It believes that the causes or symptoms of any disease in healthy people can cure identical symptoms in sick persons. Homeopathic remedies are inert or have no effect on any disease.
It was initiated by a German physician named Samuel Hahnemann in the year 1796. It gained a lot of popularity in the nineteenth century. In this twenty-first century, it has gained tremendous popularity being the second most popular system of medication in the world.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery is also called BHMS. It is a bachelor’s level course for a duration of five and half years which includes one year of internship, which is prescribed in the BHMS Regulations 1983 of the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi.
M.D (Hom.)at Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathy is a Post graduate-level course for a duration of three years. It is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The college offers seven specializations that are sanctioned by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi.
The specializations offered are:
- Homeopathy, Philosophy, and Organon.
- Materia Medica.
- Practise of Medicine.
Candidates who are looking for admission to BHMS must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must have attained seventeen years of age as of 31st December 2021.
- Admission to Homeopathy is done through NEET with an aggregate score of fifty per cent in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Maths, along with the English language.
The eligibility criteria for M.D (Hom.) are:
- Candidates must have finished the BHMS whether Direct or graded or its equivalent, which is determined by the Central Council of Homeopathy.
- Should have completed the internship on or before the submission of the application are eligible for admission.
- Must have obtained a minimum aggregate score of sixty percent from a University which is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Must have appeared for AIAPGET.
The documents required during admission to BHMS are:
- 10th and 12th Standard Mark sheets and Passing Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate from the last institution attended.
- Certificate of Conduct from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- NEET Marks Card.
- Five passport-size photographs and three stamp-size photographs.
- Candidates who have passed II PUC from the State of Karnataka must submit an eligibility certificate from RGUHS at the time of getting admission.
- Certificate of Migration.
Note-All the photocopies of the originals are attested by the Gazetted Officer or Headmaster or the Principal. Originals are to be brought at the time of admissions.
The documents required during admission to M.D (Hom.) are:
- SSLC/10TH Standard/Date of Birth.
- Year-wise Mark sheets of BHMS (I to IV).
- AIAPGET Mark sheets.
- Transfer Certificate from the last studied institution.
- Rotatory Internship Certificate.
- Certificate of Conduct from the Head of Institution last attended.
- Attempt Certificate.
- Registration Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate from RGUHS.
- University Convocation Certificate.
- DD of five hundred rupees paid towards the application fees drawn in favor of Father Muller Medical College payable at Mangalore.
- Five passport size and three stamp size photographs.
- Certificate of Migration.
Note-All the photocopies must be attested by a Gazetted Officer or Headmaster or Principal. You have to bring the originals with you during the time of admissions.
Admission Procedure of Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
Admission Procedures for the various courses at Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore are available on the website of the college. The steps to be followed to complete the admission procedure are:
- Firstly, go to the Admissions on website of the college.
- Secondly, fill in the application form with the correct details.
- Thirdly, download the completed application form.
- Fourthly, Along with the application form, send a Demand Draft of Five Hundred Rupees in favour of Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital and send it to:
Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital
University Road, Deralakatte
If you are having any trouble filling out the form or having any doubts in the application process, I will help you out with the same, please call me or drop a message. I will definitely get back soon.
Placements at Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore provide placements to all its students. There is a placement cell that organizes seminars, workshops, and guest lectures for grooming and mentoring the students so that they have the necessary skills required to enter the healthcare field.
Life at campus
Father Muller Group of Institutions is located in the most pristine, mesmerizing, and beautiful city of Mangalore. The campus houses excellent infrastructural facilities for the students who are residing within the campus during the duration of the course.
The facilities which are available to the students are:
The hostel is located in serene and quiet surroundings. There are separate hostel blocks for boys and girls. It provides a calm and quiet ambiance where the students can study. Accommodation and mess facilities are provided to them at very reasonable rates.
Indoor and outdoor games facilities are provided within the campus for their recreation. There is a prayer hall, library, reading room, gymnasium, visitor’s room, and TV room for the hostilities. They are made to feel at home.
The college has seven states of art modernized classrooms that can accommodate around one hundred and twenty-five students. Each classroom is equipped with an LCD, OHP, a public address system, and ICT facilities.
The library is the knowledge hub of any institution. Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore have an organized library under the supervision of qualified staff-Books and journals are available to the students and faculty members on the HELMET. Homeopathic journals from India and England have been subscribed. There is a small library with textbooks that are available to the students in the hostel. Each block has a separate study room with reference materials for studying.
Homeopathic Medicines are generally prepared from sources like plants, animals, minerals, etc. The botanical garden has more than three hundred varieties of medicinal plants, which the students can identify and upgrade their pharmacy knowledge. It will help the students gain practical knowledge of medicinal sources.
Departments and Research
Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore have got separate departments for each of the subjects so that the students get in-depth knowledge about each of the subjects and also get hands-on clinical experiences. The various departments are:
- Department of Community Medicine.
- Department of Human Anatomy.
- Department of Materia Medica.
- Department of Practice of Medicine.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Department of Organon of Medicine.
- Department of Paediatrics.
- Department of Pharmacy.
- Department of Psychiatry.
- Department of Repertory.
- Department of Forensic Medicine Toxicology.
- Department of Pathology and Microbiology.
- Department of Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Department of Surgery and Homeopathic Therapeutics.
It has taken lots of time and effort to collect the relevant information about the college. A few of my friends are studying there, I had a talk with them regarding how they find the college in terms of making a career in the medical field. Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital is a very old educational institution that has got modernized medical facilities, excellent infrastructure, and highly experienced faculties. Want to know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
If you are having more queries about colleges, admissions, courses, etc., you can call me or write to me in the comment box below. I will surely respond ASAP.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does BHMS has a good future?
BHMS is a good option if you want to have a good future. Many organizations which are working in manufacturing and in the field of research in India and abroad require professionals from this field. They are also required in companies using homeopathic ingredients.
2. Can a BHMS Doctor prescribe allopathy medicines?
No, BHMS Doctors cannot prescribe allopathy medicines. He/she needs to study Pharmacy or pursue MD in Pharmacology after finishing MBBS.
3. Can I do M.D after completing BHMS?
Yes, you can pursue M.D in homeopathy after completing BHMS. The specializations offered are: - Philosophy. - Pharmacy. - Materia Medica. - Pediatrics. - The practice of Medicine and Psychiatry Repertory.
4. What are the jobs available for BHMS students?
The job profiles available for BHMS students are: - Public Health Specialist. - Private Practitioner. - Pharmacist. - Lecturer and. - Pharmacist Doctor.
5. Which course should I go for BAMS or BHMS?
BAMS course has a better career potential in terms of career opportunities than BHMS. Ayurveda is having a better edge over allopathy in terms of curing the disease.BAMS doctors earn more than any other doctors in the field. In the end, all the courses in the medical field are good, it depends on your own preference and liking.
6. Can a BHMS doctor perform surgery?
No, doctors with a BHMS degree course do not have licenses to perform surgeries.
7. How much time does it take to do BHMS?
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) is a graduate-level course for a duration of five and half years which includes one year of compulsory internship.
You can also go through my detailed post about Alvas Homeopathy College and Yenepoya Homeopathic College.