Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur is among the reputed institutions in the field of homeopathy. Gandhi Natha Rangji Digambar Jain Janmangal Pratishtan has been dedicated to serving humanity as well as serving the poor and needy. It aims to help educate the students from economically weaker sections of the society. In my article, I will share more information about the college, courses, fees, etc.
Table of Contents
Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur Overview
Gandhi Natha Rangji Digambar Jain Janmangal Pratishtan began the college in the year 2000. The College is affiliated with MUHS Nashik. The BHMS Course is recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi. The College offers undergraduate-level Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS. The annual intake for the course is 50 seats.
|Name||Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College|
|Address||13, Budhwar Peth, Jain Boarding Campus, Balives, Solapur 413002.|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik|
|Approved by||CCH, New Delhi|
|Recognized by||Government of Maharashtra|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
The Vision of the Institution is to provide quality education in the field of homeopathy. This will help the students take responsibility to cope with the challenges, problems as well as opportunities. To inculcate active learning and continued education with competence and concern to practice holistic healthcare.
The Mission of the college is to develop healthcare professionals who have the values of love, care, and service to the people and the society. They should be dedicated to curing sick people.
Why study at Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur?
The College is among the well-known homeopathic institutions in Maharashtra. Students from the nearby areas and cities around Solapur. Some of the reasons to study here are:
- The College is affiliated to MUHS, Nasik, and approved by the Maharashtra Government and Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi.
- Faculty Members in the Institution are experienced, qualified, and well-known in the homeopathic field.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure facilities such as hostels, a seminar hall, playgrounds, a yoga and recreation centre, a canteen, labs, and so on.
- Course Structure is updated as per the guidelines of the MUHS, Nasik, as well as the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi.
- Students get placements in the best healthcare institutions in the country.
Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur Admission
The admission procedure for BHMS at Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur is as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the Admissions Section.
- Step 2: Fill the form with your credentials.
- Step 3: Upload the documents.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees.
- Step 5: Take a Xerox copy of the form for reference in the future.
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS
In order to get admission to BHMS, you must satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Students must have passed 12th Class or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- He/ She must have a minimum score of around 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB/CET) taken together.
- Must have a decent score in the NEET examination.
Documents Needed for BHMS
You must bring these documents along with the application form:
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard.
- Completed Application Form.
- Nationality Certificate.
- Marksheet of HSC Examination.
- Marksheet of SSC Examination.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Recent photos.
Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery
The Institution offers undergraduate-level Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS. The program covers a duration of 5 and half years, which includes 4 and half years of academics, followed by 1 year of internship. Number of students taken for the course is 50. In the course, students are taught both the theoretical as well as practical aspects of both homeopathic medicine and surgery.
BHMS Course Structure
BHMS Course Structure gives complete knowledge about subjects related to both homeopathic medicine and surgery. These subjects help them to get more knowledge about the different aspects of homeopathy, which are required in the healthcare profession. Some of the subjects taught in BHMS are:
- Principles of Homoeopathic Philosophy.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy.
- Anatomy, Histology, and Microbiology.
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Organon of Medicine.
- Practice of Medicine.
- Community Medicine.
- Repertory and so on.
Faculty Members play an integral part in making the life of a student. Each of the faculty members is highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields. Students are given clinical and non-clinical practice sessions during the lectures.
Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur Fee Structure
BHMS Course Fees
Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur Fees for the BHMS Course are given below:
|Tuition and Development Fees||INR 50,000/-|
|Institutional Quota and Tuition Fees||INR 1,50,000/-|
|NRI Quota Tuition and Development Fees||INR 2,50,000/-|
|Hostel Fees||INR 22,000/-|
- As per the fees charged by the Maharashtra Government, the BHMS Colleges in Solapur Fees get revised every year.
- Fees may be charged as per the guidelines of the management.
The College provides scholarships to their academic performance who require financial help and support to complete their studies. There is a Scholarship Selection Committee that selects the eligible candidates based on their academic and cultural performance. On selection, they are awarded the monetary benefits of the scholarship given by the college.
Apart from the above, the Maharashtra Government also awards scholarships to the BHMS students. Some of the scholarships awarded by the Government of Maharashtra are:
- Government of India Post Matric Scholarship.
- Rajashri Chatrapathi Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship.
- Post Matric Scholarship for persons with disabilities.
- Eklavya Scholarships.
- State Government Open Merit Scholarship and many more.
Placements and Scope
Where will I get placed? Does the college have placements? These are some of the questions coming to the mind of any BHMS student. The Placement Cell at the college takes care of the final placements and internships. A database of the students, along with their skills, is prepared and matched to the requirements of the organizations.
Companies visit the campus to conduct written examinations, group discussions, and placement interviews. Students are offered lucrative salary packages by the top healthcare organizations.
Job Profiles After BHMS
BHMS Course has become popular in recent times. Lots of job opportunities are available across various government and private sectors. The salary packages vary according to the experience in the field. Nowadays, there is a growing requirement for professional homeopathic doctors abroad. The salary packages in other countries are more than that of doctors practicing in India. Some of the jobs available to BHMS Graduates are:
- Private practice.
- Medical Assistant.
- Public Health Specialist.
- Spa Manager, and so on.
Rankings and Affiliations
The College is among the top homeopathic colleges in Maharashtra. The College comes under Maharashtra Health University and is approved by the Government of Maharashtra as well as by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi. The ranking is good because of the state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities, experienced faculties, course structure as well as placements. Students get placements with top organizations with handsome salary packages.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The Institution is located at Budhwar Peth, Jain Boarding Campus, Balives, which is in Solapur, Maharashtra. Solapur is a city situated in the southwestern region of Maharashtra. It is well connected to other states like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad. Students from various parts of the country come here to live and study.
Students are made to feel at home, even though they are far away from their native places. Some of the facilities offered by the College are:
Living on the campus provides a conducive environment to live and study during the course time. The boys’ hostel can accommodate around 35 students. Each room has a hot water facility and a drinking water facility. The mess facility is attached to the hostel. Healthy and nutritious food is given to the students during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Menus are decided to keep a view of the tastes and preferences of the students.
The Library at the college is the knowledge Centre of the organization. It has a vast collection of around 5960 Textbooks, Reference Books, 21 national and International Journals, 4 Newspapers and magazines. Students and faculty members can read quietly in the reading rooms. They are also given access to the digital library.
Gandhi Natha Homoeopathic Hospital is situated within the college premises. It has OPD and IPD facilities. A team of specialized doctors and nurses looks after the healthcare needs of people living in the nearby areas. Patient inflow is around 200 patients per day.
Apart from the facilities mentioned above, the college ensures that the students get all the amenities within the campus. Other facilities offered on campus are:
- Lecture Hall.
- Seminar Hall.
- Conference Room.
- Games Facility.
- Gym and Recreation and so on.
College Contact Details
- Address: 13, Budhwar Peth, Jain Boarding Campus, Balives, Solapur 413002.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Solapur Railway Station: 2.5 km.
- Distance from Solapur Bus Stop: 5.2 km.
- Distance from Solapur Airport: 10.2 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Cut off marks for BHMS?
The BHMS Cut off marks at Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur is 720-130 for General Category and 136-107 for SC/ST students.
2. When was the Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur established?
Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur was established in the year 2000.
3. How many seats are there for BHMS?
There are 50 seats for BHMS.
4. How much is the BHMS Course fees at Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur?
The BHMS Course Fees at Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur is INR 2,00,000/-.
5. Does the Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur offer hostel accommodation?
Yes, the Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur offers hostel accommodation.
6. How much is the duration of the BHMS Course?
BHMS is a UG Course for a duration of 5 and half years.
7. Does the college offer scholarships to BHMS Students?
Yes, the college offers scholarships to BHMS Students.
8.How much hostel fees are charged by the Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur ?
Hostel Fees are charged at INR 22,000/- per year by Gandhi Natha Rangji Homoeopathic Medical College Solapur.
A small ask
I hope you are going through my posts on BHMS Colleges. If you find them interesting and relevant, please like and share them with your friends and family. Kindly spare a few minutes to write a review for us. Post your review in the comments section. Your opinions and views can help someone make a career decision. Thanks for your time and review!