GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna has emerged as one of the leading homeopathic colleges in the State of Bihar. In the last few years, it has managed to bring a blend of theory and practicality to the students. They are given a boost of self-confidence so as to implement homeopathic medicine in an artistic way. In my article, I will give you more details about admissions, courses, fees, placements, etc. Let’s know more about the institution.
Table of Contents
- GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna Overview
- GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna Admission
- GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
- GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna Fee Structure
- Training and Placements
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna Overview
The Institution was established in the year 2001 under the B R A Bihar University, Muzaffarpur. Courses are approved and recognized by the Bihar Government as well as by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi. Course offerings are undergraduate BHMS and postgraduate MD Homeopathy. The annual intake for BHMS is 100 seats.
|Name||GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna|
|Address||East Ramakrishna Nagar, Near New Bypass, Kankarbagh, Patna 800027 Bihar|
|Affiliated to||BRA Bihar University, Muzaffarpur|
|Approved by||Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi|
|Recognized by||Ministry of AYUSH|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The Vision of the College is to bring about revolutionary changes in the homeopathic system of medicine and the ways of treatment. It aims to produce highly qualified homeopathic doctors so that they can serve humanity worldwide.
The mission of the Institution is to become a renowned homeopathic college in the country. To impart higher education and training in the field of education and research. To provide students with top-class infrastructure facilities within the college campus in order to pursue higher education and research.
Why study at GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna?
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna is among the top homeopathy colleges in Bihar. The College is situated in Mithilanchal, in Darbhanga Town, where it serves the healthcare needs of the people living in the nearby areas. Students from various parts of the country come to study here. A few reasons to do BHMS from here are:
- The College is affiliated with B R A Bihar University, Muzaffarpur, and recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, as well as by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi.
- Faculties are helpful, knowledgeable as well as experienced in the homeopathic field.
- College Campus provides top-class infrastructure facilities such as hostels, conference halls, seminar halls, sports facilities, classrooms, canteen, mess facility, and so on.
- The hospital is attached to the college to impart clinical training to the interns and students. They are encouraged to participate in surgical and non-surgical activities under the guidance of experts in the field.
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna Admission
The process of admissions for course offerings at GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna is given below:
- Step 1: Go to the admissions section.
- Step 2: Put your details on the application fees.
- Step 3: Upload the documents.
- Step 4: You need to pay the fees in the link provided. Download a copy of the form for reference.
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS
Interested Candidates can get admission to BHMS only after fulfilling the eligibility criteria:
- Students must have passed Intermediate or 12th Class with Chemistry, Biology, and Physics as the main subjects with at least 50% marks.
- The age at the time of getting admission to the course is 17 years.
- Blind, Deaf, and Dumb students will not be eligible for admission.
Documents Required for BHMS
Certificates that you must bring along with the application form are:
- Passing Certificate of I.Sc Biology along with Scorecard.
- Matriculation Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Conduct.
- Any other relevant documents.
- Cultural Activities Certificate.
Eligibility Criteria for MD Homeopathy
Aspirants seeking admission to the MD Homeopathy Course must fulfill the given criteria:
- He/She should have passed the BHMS Course from a recognized college.
- Aspirants should have completed 1 year of internship.
- He/She must be fit to undergo the course.
Documents Required for MD Homeopathy
You are supposed to bring the given documents along with the application form:
- BHMS Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Experience Certificate along with Registration Certificate with the Homoeopathic Council.
- 10th Class Certificate.
- 12th Class Certificate.
- Extra Curricular Activities Certificate.
- Internship Certificate.
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna offers graduate-level Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery(BHMS) as well as postgraduate Doctor of Medicine M D Homeopathy.
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery is also known as BHMS. The Course is spread over 5 and half years, including 1 year of compulsory internship. The Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, and the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi regulate its course and syllabus. Number of students taken per year is 100.
Doctor of Medicine MD (Homoeopathy)
Doctor of Medicine M D(Homeopathy) is a postgraduate course for a duration of 3 years. The program is recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, as well as by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi. Number of students taken for the course is 30. The College offers the following specializations:
- Organon of Medicine with Homoeopathic Philosophy.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Homoeopathic Repertory.
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy.
- Practise of Medicine.
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna Fee Structure
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna Fees for the courses offered is:
|MD Homeopathy||INR 2,00,000/-|
- The fee structure of Homoeopathic Medical College for all the MD specializations is the same. The Course Fees for BHMS have to be paid every year.
- Hostel Fees and Mess Charges are taken separately from the students. G D Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna Fees are based on the University and the College Management guidelines.
How will I make the payment of fees? Does the college provide any methods of payment? These are a few questions that come to the minds of parents and students. So, to help reduce the burden and save time, the college gives different options for payment of fees. Some of the payment options are:
- Debit Card.
- Demand Draft.
- Credit Card.
- Online Banking.
- UPI Payment and so on.
Training and Placements
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna’s Placement Department looks after the placement-related activities that are organized on the campus. Healthcare organizations are invited to conduct written examinations and interviews. Selected students are offered lucrative and handsome salary packages in the homeopathic field.
The hospital is located within the premises of the campus. It imparts clinical training to the interns and graduates. It is a modernized and well-equipped hospital, which renders healthcare services round the clock. The OPD and IPD cater to around 200 patients per day. It has General Rooms and Private rooms where the patients get admitted for treatments. Specialized teams of doctors are available in each of the departments.
Rankings and Affiliations
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna is affiliated with B R A Bihar University, Muzaffarpur, and recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, as well as the Ministry of AYUSH. The well-known homeopathic college offers BHMS and MD Homeopathy programs. The ranking of the homeopathy college in Patna is good because of its state-of-the-art infrastructure, faculty members, course structure, and placements.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The Institution is located at East Ramakrishna Nagar, Near New Bypass in Kankarbagh in Patna. The City is the Capital of Bihar and also the largest city in the State. It is home to some of the top educational institutions in the country. So, students across India, as well as the world, get admission to these top colleges. The place is well connected to the rest of the country by rail, road, and air.
Students are provided with the best facilities within the campus. They are given a quiet and conducive environment to reside and study. Some of the facilities offered are:
The library is the knowledge resource of any college. It has a vast collection of homeopathy books, study books, reference books, and journals. Students and faculty members are allowed to read the periodicals and journals in the reading room. Two books are issued for a period of 15 days on the library card. Silence has to be maintained in the library during college hours.
Each Homeopathy Department has its own separate lab. Students are given practical and clinical training sessions under the guidance of the respective faculties. The labs in G D Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna are:
- Materia Medica.
- Organon of Medicine.
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Community Medicine.
- Practise of Medicine.
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics.
Girls and Boys aspirants who come to the college to pursue homeopathy courses are provided accommodation on the campus. There are individual blocks for both of them. Wardens are present at all times to look after the needs of the students. The mess Facility is attached to the hostels. The health and hygiene of the hostelites are the priority of the college.
College Contact Details
- Address: East Ramakrishna Nagar, Near New Bypass, Kankarbagh, Patna 800027 Bihar.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Patna Airport: 9.5 km.
- Distance from Patna Railway Station: 5.8 km.
- Distance from Patna Bus Stop: 12.2 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which university is affiliated with G D Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna?
GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna is affiliated with B R A Bihar University, Muzaffarpur.
2. What is the BHMS Cut off for G D Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna?
The BHMS Cut off for General Category is 50th percentile and SC/ST/OBC is 40th percentile in G D Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna.
3. What are the programs offered by the college?
The programs offered by the College are undergraduate BHMS and post graduate MD Homeopathy.
4. How much is the duration of MD Homeopathy Course?
MD Homeopathy is a PG Course for a duration of 3 years.
5. When was the G D Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna established?
G D Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna was established in 2001.
6. How many seats are there for BHMS?
There are 100 seats for BHMS.
7. What is the course fees per year for BHMS at GD Memorial Homeopathic Medical College Patna?
The Course fees per year for BHMS at GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College is INR 2,25,000/-.
8. Does GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna have a hostel facility?
Yes, GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College Patna has a hostel facility.
A small ask
If you are an alumnus or a student currently studying in the college, please write a review for us in the comments section below. Let us know your likes and dislikes about the institution. Your feedback can help your fellow homeopaths have a bright future. Thanks for your time and review!