Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital has completed over 26 years in the field of homeopathic education. Gondia Education Society aims to provide medical aid and assistance to people living in the surrounding areas. The College offers free homeopathic treatments through its medical camps, and the patients are cured of the diseases. It is a well-known educational institution in the Gondia District. Let us know more details about the college!
Table of Contents
- Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Overview
- Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Admission
- Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
- Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Fee Structure
- Training and Placements
- Rankings and Review
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Overview
Gondia Homoeopathic Education Society runs the Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital. The College was established in the year 1989. Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) comes under the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, and the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi approves the course. Number of students taken per year is 50.
|Name||Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital|
|Address||GHMC, Campus, Suryatola, Gondia 441614 Maharashtra|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi|
|Recognition||Government of Maharashtra|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The Vision of the College is to produce homeopathic doctors who will serve the people living in urban and rural areas. To nurture and develop physicians who follow ethics to build a healthy society.
The Mission of the Institution is:
- To encourage its students to follow ethics and ethical homeopathy.
- To conduct health camps in rural areas to get medical attention at the doorstep.
- Promote Adolescent Education Programs for rural-urban areas.
- It aims to improve the quality of life by improving both the physical and mental lifestyle.
Why Study at Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is a self-financing institution, that develops and nurtures the top homeopathic doctors in the country. A few reasons to study here are:
- State-of-the-art infrastructure facilities such as hostels, classrooms, labs, conference halls, and indoor and outdoor sports activities are provided within the campus.
- The Faculty Members are well-qualified, experienced, and knowledgeable in the homeopathic stream.
- Gondia Homoeopathic Hospital is a 20-bed healthcare facility located within the college premises, which treats patients within the surrounding areas.
- Placements and internships are arranged in top healthcare organizations.
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Admission
The admission procedure for the BHMS Course at Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is:
- The Maharashtra University of Health Sciences conducts the admission process for the program.
- You can take the application form and prospectus from the college.
- Tuition Fees are charged as per the guidelines of the Shikshan Sulk Samiti of the Government of Maharashtra.
- Admissions of foreign students are based on the guidelines of the Supreme Court of India as well as the Government of Maharashtra.
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS
You will be qualified to get admission to BHMS only when you fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the institution. The eligibility criteria are:
- Aspirants must have passed 12th Class or PUC with at least 50% marks.
- He/She must have studied Physics, Chemistry along Biology in the 12th Class.
- Must be NEET qualified on the basis of NEET ranking as well as a percentile of marks scored in NEET.
- The minimum age at the time of admission must be 17 years, and the maximum age should not be more than 25 years.
Documents Required for BHMS
|Indian Students||Foreign Students|
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital offers a UG Course, Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery or BHMS. The Program includes 4 and half years of academics, which is followed by 1 year of compulsory internship. Students get to learn more about understanding as well as applying the homeopathy concepts in relation to an individual’s health and diseases.
BHMS Course Structure
BHMS Course Structure gives a comprehensive understanding of the concepts in Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery. The topics of the subjects are covered in both theoretical as well as practical ways. Some of the subjects covered in the BHMS Course Structure are:
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Practice of Medicine.
The homeopathic departments in the institution are:
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy.
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Community Medicine.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Organon of Medicine.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Fee Structure
BHMS Course Fees
The course fees for the BHMS Course at Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital are as follows:
|Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)||INR 58,500/-|
- The fees charged to the students are as per the guidelines of MUHS, Nashik, as well as by the Government of Maharashtra.
- Hostel Fees and Course Fees differ as per the category to which you belong. The amount of fees is charged on a yearly basis.
How will I fund my education? Does the college offer scholarships? Students are worried about their education and how it will be completed. To ease the burden of such merit students, colleges provide financial assistance in the form of paid scholarships. These scholarships are given on the basis of their academic performance and participation in extracurricular activities. These monetary benefits help them to pursue further studies.
Training and Placements
The Department of Placements at Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital plays an integral part in shaping the career of a BHMS student. The Committee creates a database of the students along with their skills. It conducts placement activities such as conferences, seminars, workshops, written tests, and mock interviews. Top healthcare companies are invited to conduct campus placements. Handsome salary packages are given to the students.
Each student is required to undergo one year of compulsory internship after completion of the final year of BHMS examinations under the guidelines of MUHS as well as CCH. Two internees with the highest marks will get free hospital accommodation, boarding, and honorarium. Each intern has to complete 12 months of internship after the final year examination.
Higher Education after BHMS
Nowadays, students prefer to pursue higher education after BHMS Course Completion. Some of the courses that you can take after BHMS are:
- MD Hom (Materia Medica).
- M.Sc Clinical Research.
- M.Sc Medical Biochemistry.
- M.Sc Human Genome.
- PGDM Holistic Health Care.
- PGDM Preventive and Promotive Healthcare.
- Master of Hospital Administration (MHA).
- MBA in Healthcare Management.
- Master of Public Health(MPH).
Rankings and Review
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College is among the top BHMS institutions in the healthcare field. The Institution is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, and the BHMS Course is approved by the Council of Homoeopathic Medicine, New Delhi.
The College is known for its updated course structure, top-class faculty members, modern facilities, and good placements. The ranking is good because of the above factors. The Placement activities are organized on the campus. Students get lucrative salary packages in the homeopathy field.
Some of the achievements of the college are:
- Dr Roshan L Kantode, Dr Harsha Kantode, along the students received the award from Honourable Shri Bhagat Singh Koshiyari, Government of Maharashtra, for their contribution during COVID-19.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The institution is situated in Suryatola, which is in the Gondia District of Maharashtra. Gondia District is located in the North Eastern part of Maharashtra, on the borders of Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh. The place is an educational hub, and it is well-connected to the rest of the country. Students come to pursue studies in the medical institutions here. The facilities offered within the campus are:
The Library is the knowledge resource of the institution. Faculty Members and Students can read the books during the college timings. It has a vast collection of around 11,280 books, reference books, study materials, newspapers, and CDs. There are computers in the library, with which the students can access the digital library.
Girls and Boys have separate hostel accommodation within the premises. Each block is further divided into different types of rooms. The rooms are well-furnished and spacious. Mess is attached to the hostels. Wardens are in charge of taking care of the students. The College ensures a secure environment for them on the campus.
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical Hospital is a healthcare facility within the premises of the college. The 20-bed hospital is well-equipped with modernized facilities, OPD, IPD, and Labs. It is the only treatment center that looks after the healthcare needs of people living in and around Gondia District. Patients are charged reasonable charges for the treatments.
Tours and Visits
The College organizes tours and visits, which are compulsory as a part of academics to Pharmacy, Forensic Medicine, and Toxicology, and visits in Community Medicine.
College Contact Details
- Address: GHMC Campus, Suryatola, Gondia 441614 Maharashtra.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Gondia Bus Stop: 3.9 km.
- Distance from Gondia Railway Station: 3.6 km.
- Distance from Gondia Airport: 18.9 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the NEET Cut off for BHMS at Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
The NEET cut-off for BHMS for Unreserved Category is 50 percentile, and SC/ST is 40 percentile at Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital.
2. How much is the intake for BHMS?
The annual intake of BHMS is 50 seats.
3. Which course is offered by Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital offers an undergradute level, Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery(BHMS).
4. How much fees is charged for BHMS by the Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital ?
The fees charged for BHMS in Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is INR 58,500/-.
5. Is internship compulsory for BHMS Course?
Yes, internship is compulsory for BHMS Course.
6. Is the college campus safe for girls?
Yes, the college campus is safe for girls.
7. Does the Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital have placements for BHMS Graduates?
Yes, Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital has placements for BHMS Graduates.
8. When was Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital established?
Gondia Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital was established in the year 1989.
A Small Ask
Please spare a few minutes of your valuable time to write a review for us. Post your reviews in the comment section below. Share your experiences and views about the institution. Your views really matter to us. You can help make a career of a future homeopathic doctor. Thanks for your time and review!