Ayurveda is a very ancient system of medicine. It has its roots in India. It originated more than 3000 years ago. It is based on the belief that health and the well being is connected to the balance between the mind, body and the soul. It looks into the curing of diseases and healthy living. It is based on the principles of attainment of the 4 basic principles of life, which are dharma, artha, kama and moksha. These principles can be achieved with healthy life. Karnataka has the best ayurveda colleges. Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot is among the top colleges in ayurvedic medicine.
Table of Contents
- Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Overview
- Admissions at Grameen Ayurvedic College
- Courses Offered
- Course Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings & Recognitions
- Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Overview
The institution was started in the year 1997, to meet the growing demand of ayurvedic education and also for restoration of the ancient systems of medicine. It was established to impart education to the rural students. It focuses on imparting standard education with aspects to improve the clinical skills and to make the best Ayurvedic healthcare professionals.
|Name||Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College|
|gamcterdal @ gmail.com|
|Address||# Gurukul Campus, Vidyagiri Terdal, Jamakhandi Taluk, Bagalkot District, Karnataka 587315|
|Affliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM), Ministry of AYUSH, Government of Karnataka|
|Study Mode||Regular / Full-time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The course is recognised by National Commision Indian System of Medicine, New Delhi and also by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
The vision of the institution is to provide quality value based education based on human values. It aims to become the feasible link between traditions and technology, using modern amenities, state of the art infrastructure, modern tools for diagnostics along with traditional ideology.
The mission of the college re-establishment and re-vitalising of the Ayurvedic system of medicine. It aims to carry out the tradition of excellence in academics in a meaningful research, which involves use of modern technological methods and traditional techniques. The versatile faculty shares their experiences in the ayurvedic field.
The main objectives of the institution are:
- To ensure excel in academics by creating a conducive study environment.
- To provide value based, upto date and quality teaching with the upcoming professionals.
- To help in meeting the growing demand of the healthcare sector.
- To provide knowledge about the latest technology as well as give insights into the current happenings of the Indian Medical System.
- Help in the development and re-vitalization of ayurveda. The college guides about the role of ayurveda in today’s medical field.
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot consists of 14 departments, which have infrastructure facilities which are needed for the students to get clinical training in ayurveda. The Departments are:
- Samhita Siddhanta and Sankrit.
- Shareera Rachna.
- Shareera Kriya.
- Roga Nidana Evaum Vikruti Vignana.
- Rasashastra and Bhaisajya Kalpana.
- Kaumaryabritya or Balaroga.
- Swasthavritta and Yoga.
- Agada Tantra and Streeroga.
- Shalya Tantra.
- Shalakya Tantra.
Admissions at Grameen Ayurvedic College
The college offers admissions to its undergraduate program, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS).The student intake capacity per year is 60. The admission procedure to the courses available at Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College is as follows:
Step 1: Admission is based on merit. Selection is done on the basis of NEET 2022.
Step 2: You will get your NEET score card and you also have to fulfil the minimum requirements of the course.
Step 3: After that, the college will inform you about the admission formalities.
Step 4: You can also contact the college for more information
National Testing Agency conducts the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET). NEET 2022 is the widely accepted examination for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). Some states conduct state level entrance examination for admission to the course.
Entrance Examination Dates
The tentative examination dates for the NEET 2022 is as follows:
|Issue of NEET Application Form||6 April 2022|
|Last date of submission of Application Form||20 May 2022|
|NEET Entrance examination date||17 July 2022|
|NEET Result Date||August 2022|
Eligibility for BAMS
The eligibility criteria for getting admissions to BAMS are:
- Student must have passed 12th Standard or its equivalent examination,which is recognised by the State Government and Board of Examinations.
- The minimum score of Physics, Chemistry, Biology along with English language must be 50 % for those belonging to General Category.The score of SC,ST and OBC category is 40 %.
- The subjects must also be passed separately.
- The minimum age during the time of admissions must be 17 years.The maximum age should not be more than 25 years on or before 31st December at the time of admissions.
Documents Required for BAMS
Documents required during admissions to BAMS are:
- NEET Admit Card.
- Marksheet of NEET.
- Domicile Certificate.
- 10th Standard or H S C Marksheet.
- 12th Standard/ 10 + 2/ S S C Marksheet.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Creamy Layer Certificate (if applicable).
- Recent photographs.
Admissions to the BAMS Course takes place on the basis of the NEET UG examination. So, the candidates are required to take the NEET examination which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). AYUSH Central Committee for admissions plays an important role during the allotment process for Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy institutions.
So, in order to get admissions to BAMS Course, the candidates are supposed to score a minimum percentile. The minimum percentile requirements for the various categories are:
|Sl. No||Category||Minimum percentile|
|1.||General (Unreserved)||50 percentile|
|3.||UR PwD (Unreserved Person with Disabilities)||45 percentile|
NEET Counselling Process
NEET Counselling Process takes places online and candidates need to register on the KEA website. The steps to be followed during the counselling process is as follows:
Step 1: Registration: For entering the counselling process of NEET, the applicants have to go to the web counselling option, with the NEET rank, Roll Number as well as the Registration Number.
Step 2: Filling of Choices: You will have the option of online choice filling on your registered account. It will show a list of colleges, location, college, code of college and the name of the district.
Step 3:Choice Saving: Once, you have selected your preferred college, fill in the required details and save your options. Your registered mobile number will get an OTP which you have to enter in the space given and confirm your college options. The choices will get locked after the specified time which is allotted for the counselling process.
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot provides undergraduate level program, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). The student intake for the course is 60 per year. The institute is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The course is recognised by the Government of Karnataka and also by the AYUSH Ministry, New Delhi.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery or BAMS is a program for a duration of 5.5 years which includes internship of 12 months. The program is designed for the aspirants of Ayurveda, who are looking to enhance their knowledge in the treatment of diseases. It comprises of using traditional as well as modern techniques of Ayurveda.
It covers subjects such as Physiology, Anatomy, Pharmacology, Medicine, ENT, Forensic Sciences, Principles of Surgery, Legal Drugs, Herbal Sciences along with various other Ayurveda subjects.
- The internship program is for a duration of 1 year. Student is eligible for the internship only after completion of the final year year examinations and also getting a provisional passing certificate.
- The interns will get orientation about the details of the programs. They are made aware of the rules and regulations of the Medical Profession, Medical Ethics, Medico Legal Aspects, Insurance and Certification.
- Communication Skills, Etiquette and State Health Care Programs are conducted in the first few days of the internship.
- Working hours of an intern is not more than 8 hours. They are given night duties, emergency duties, shift duties and also other duties assigned by the department or hospital administration.
- The internship is divided into clinical training of six months. It takes place in a hospital which is in a Community Health Centre or Primary Health Centre.
Faculties play an integral role in the nurturing, grooming and development of the students. They are highly experienced, talented and knowledgeable. The Principal of the College is Dr. Lingaraddi M. Biradar and the Deputy Superitendent is Dr. Jeevandhar Babu Algur. Some of the faculty members at Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot are:
- Dr. Vijaya B. S – HOD and Professor.
- Dr. A. S. Paradi – Assistant Professor.
- Shri Bhimanand B. H – Assistant Professor.
- Dr. U. P .Patil – HOD and Associate Professor.
- Dr. Shrikhant V – Assistant Professor.
- Dr. I .G. Mulani – HOD and Professor.
- Dr. D. S. Suryavanshi – Assistant Professor.
- Dr. R. B. Haradhar – HOD and Professor.
- Dr. K. V. Kullur – Assistant Professor.
- Dr. S. S. Hireraddi – HOD and Professor and many more.
Course Fees Structure
The fees structure for the courses available at Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot is:
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)||–||5.6 yrs (including 1 year of internship)|
Payment Method Options
Education is important for any individual. The colleges in India make arrangements for the students who are unable to pay the fees or they are not financially sound. To take care of such situations, the institution have got tie ups with banks. They provide loans at a cheaper rate to the students.Fees can be paid using various payment methods:
- Paying directly to the bank using bank challan.
- Using NEFT/RTGS facility.
- Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card/UPI Payment.
Educational loans, nowadays have become a need for those students who are unable to afford quality education for their studies or higher education. The banks make these loans available at reasonable interest rates. It has become easier to get education loans because banks offer moratorium period. easy documentation and application procedure. This facility is available online.
Documents Required for getting education loan
The documents required for availing education loan are:
- KYC Forms.
- HSC, SSC and Graduation Marksheets.
- Passbook or bank statement for the last 6 months.
- Admission Letter from the institute.
- Payment schedule of fees.
- Guarantor form (if applicable).
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot provides scholarships to its meritorious students as well as to those who aspire to take up higher education. It is based on the academic results and extra curricular activities.It covers the tution fees,library and other academic fees.
Central Government has various scholarship schemes for the BAMS students. Some of them are:
- Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST) – Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test is also known as the NEST Scholarship Test. This scheme provides scholarships to talented students across the country. The students are awarded handsome amount of scholarships across various streams.
- NSDL e-Gov Scholarship – This scholarship is applicable for students who are pursuing full time medical course.
Placements & Career Opportunities
The placement department in the college provides placements to all the BAMS students. The placements usually take place at the end of the final year of the course. It organizes workshops, seminars, mock interviews and tests for grooming the students. This helps them boost their self confidence and helps them to be well prepared for the interviews. The internship is for a period of 1 year.
The placement packages for the year 2022 are:
|Highest Package||INR 6.7 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 3.00 LPA|
|Miniumum Package||INR 2.40 LPA|
Top Recruiters for BAMS Students are:
|Vicco Laboratories||Baidyanath||Zandu Pharmaceuticals Work Ltd||Emami Limited|
|Charak Pharma Private Limited||Patanjali Ayurveda Limited||Surya Herbal Limited||Hamdard Laboratories|
|The Himalaya Drug Company||Dabur||Hamdard Laboratories||Prithvi Ayurvedic Pharmaceuticals|
|Sunson Herbals||Reinvento||Amrut Pharmaceuticals||Sri Chamundeshwari Agency|
Scope of BAMS
With the increase in the lifestyle diseases and limited cure with allopathic medicines, Ayurveda has become the preferable alternative. The course has become popular in India and around the world. The treatment does not have any side effects. So, many people are going for ayurveda. Lifestyle diseases are being treated with ayurvedic healing methods.
The requirement of good BAMS doctors is increasing in India and abroad. Once your course is completed, you can also go for higher studies or specialize in any field. Few of the industries which emply BAMS students are:
- Nursing Homes.
- Government and Private Hospitals.
- Research Institutions.
- Insurance Companies.
- Pharmaceutical Industries.
- Business of your own.
- Spa Resort.
- Panchakarma Resort.
- Clinical Trials.
- Life Sciences.
- Community healthcare.
Future study is another option which is available for students who have completed the BAMS Course. Some of the course options are:
- MD Ayurveda.
- MS Ayurveda.
- MBA in Hospital Management.
The courses above will help you to make a succcesssful career in the field of ayurveda. BAMS Graduates will be able to earn more in this field.
There are immense number of opportunities which are available for BAMS students after completion of the course. The course has become popular these days as lots of companies are offering job profiles for ayurveda students. Some of the job profiles are:
- Ayurvedic Doctor.
- Clinical Research Associate.
- Medical Supervisor.
- Ayurveda Medical Officer.
- Clinical Trial Coordinator.
- Business Head.
- Medical Supervisor.
- Panchakarma Practitioner.
Skills Required for BAMS
BAMS is a course for a duration of 5.5 years which comprises of 4.5 years of course curriculum and 1 year of internship. Apart from the knowledge, there are certain skills which are required for the BAMS graduates for recruitment to the top companies. The skills required are:
- Knowledge about medicines and the herbs.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Communication skills.
- Observation ability.
- Ability to convince people.
Rankings & Recognitions
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot is ranked among the top colleges in Karnataka. It is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The courses are approved by National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM). It is recogned by the Government of Karnataka and also by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi.
- The students participated in the Essay Writing Competition, Poster Competition and State Level Inter College Competition and won prizes on the International Day of Yoga.
The institution is located in the city of Bagalkot. It is a famous town in North Karnataka. It is the administrative headquarters of the Bagalkot District. It is situated along the banks of the river Ghataprabha. It is surrounded by the rivers and beautiful mountains. It ensures that the students get the most conducive atmosphere to study. The facilities offered within the campus are:
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College has well ventilated, spacious and airy classrooms. Each classroom has a seating capacity of 60 students. It is equipped with modern teaching aids such as OHP, blackboard, whiteboard and OHP. The infrastructure facilities and modern teaching aids help to facilitate in teaching, learning and overall personality development of the students.
These latest aids help the faculties to have interactive sessions with the students ,which helps them build self confidence and curiosity.
There are 14 departments of Ayurveda in the institute. Each department has got fully equipped and modernised laboratories. The labs have simulators, models and also items for demonstrations, specimens, charts and so on. The labs helps to give practical clinical training to the students.
Library is a knowledge centre of any institution. It has a vast collection of around 10,000 books. It has got Helinet facility with more than 2000 journals of medicine. It has also got digital library facility. It is managed by well trained staff. The Library system has the centralised system which helps in teaching, research and support programs. The faculty members, students and staff of the institution are given access to the library.
It has national and international journals in the form of hard copies and CD’s. There is free wifi and internet facility provided to the students. It also has a reading room where they can study in a calm and quiet environment.
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot has got seperate hostel accomodation for the boys and girls. Each building is divided into rooms. There are different types of rooms such single sharing, double and triple sharing. Each room is fully furnished with study tables, beds and cupboards. The institution ensures a safe and secure environment for the students.
Mess facility is available for students who are residing in the hostels. There is a dining room where they can have their meals. Food is prepared in clean and healthy kitchens by experienced chefs. Healthy and wholesome food is needed for a happy and healthy mind.
Grameen Ayurvedic Hospital is a 60 bedded hospital. It has got training facilities for the undergraduate facilities for training. There are seperate departments for each of the specialisations. It has state of the art infrastructure and modern equipment. It has special wards for females and males. The medical officers, staff and the house surgeons are engaged in looking after the day to day activities of the hospital. It treats around 50,000 patients.
The auditorium is located within the campus. It has seating capacity of around 1000 persons. Seminars, conferences, workshops as well as extra curricular activities take place here.
The canteen is located close to the hospital. It offers snacks for the students, faculty members and staff of the college.
The students in the college are encouraged to develop interest towards research and developments. Faculties mentor and guide the students to write research papers in the top national and international journals.
Seminars and Conferences
The institute believes in the academic development of the students. Last year, seminar on scientific writing was organised in the college. Webinar and workshops are conducted by the experts of the industry.
All About Terdal
Terdal is a small town which is located in the Jamkhandi Taluk in the Bagalkot District. It is also the headquarters of the place. The place has its border with Belgaum District. It is 30 kms from the Jamkhandi Taluk and 110 kms away from the Bagalkot District. The population of the town comprises of agriculturists.
Places to visit nearby
Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College is located at Terdal. Whenever you find time, you can visit some of the places nearby:
- Sri Allama Prabhu Devaru Bharmanath.
- Sri Kalmeshwara Temple.
- Sri VeeraBhadeshwara Temple.
- Sri Venkataramana Temple.
- Sri Neelakanteshwara Temple.
- Hajrat Akkam Shahid Dargah.
How to reach Terdal?
The town is connected with cities like Bijapur, Kolhapur, Miraj and Bagalkot. People have to come to Kudachi station, to get on the Belgaum- Bangalore train. The nearest airport is Belgaum District. Flights from all the major cities are connected with the airport. You can take international flights from the Bangalore Airport.
College Contact Details
Address: Gurakul Campus, Taluk, Terdal, Karnataka 587315.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 0835255922.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College located?
The college is located at Gurukul Campus, Vidyagiri Terdal, Jamakhandi Taluk, Bagalkot District, Karnataka.
2. To which University is the institution affiliated to?
The institution is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
3. What course is the college offering?
The college is offering undergraduate, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery or BAMS.
4. Is the course recognised?
The course is recognised by the NCISM and Ministry of AYUSH,Government of India.
5. What is the eligibility criteria for getting admissions to BAMS?
Candidate must have passed 12th standard with aggregate score of 50 % in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
6. Does the college have hostel accommodation for students?
Yes, the college has separate hostel accommodation for boys and girls.
7. Are placements available in the college?
Yes, placements are available for the students in the college.
8. Does the college have hostel accommodation?
Yes, the college has separate hostel accommodation for boys and girls.
9. Will internships be arranged by the institution?
Yes, the institution arranges internships for the students.
10. Does Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College have a hospital?
Yes, the college has a 60 bedded Grameen Ayurvedic Hospital within the college campus.
Would you like to go through another Ayurveda college? If yes, then follow the given link below:
Just a Moment:
Ayurveda is a system of natural healing without using medicines. It is amongst the most sought after courses after homeopathy. If you are an alumnus of the institution or a students who is currently studying at Grameen Ayurvedic Medical College Bagalkot, write a review for us. Your views about the college can be helpful for your juniors.