We have another post for you in our ongoing series of blogs for medical and ayurvedic colleges. I find the responses to these blogs fascinating, and I value your reading my writings and disseminating them within your social network. I know that you must now decide which institution to attend and which job route to pursue. Please get in touch with our top-notch staff of counsellors, who will help you at every stage of the admissions process, to make this trip of yours a piece of cake. Let’s now discuss the Shri Veer Pulikeshi Ayurvedic College Badami.
Table of Contents
- Shri Veer Pulikeshi College Overview
- SVP Ayurvedic College Admissions
- SVP Ayurvedic College Badami Course
- SVP Ayurvedic College Fee Structure
- Career & Future Scope
- Rankings & Recognitions
- SVP Ayurvedic College Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Shri Veer Pulikeshi College Overview
|Name||Shri Veer Pulikeshi Ayurvedic College|
|Address||S.V.P.R.A.M.C., Hospital, and Research Centre, Badami, Karnataka|
|Principal||Dr Basavaraj M Mulkipatil|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicines|
|Courses Offered||BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)|
|Hostel||Available for both boys and girls|
The Central Council of Indian Medicine, Karnataka government, and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences have all come together for the facilitation of the establishment as well as the approval of Shri Veer Pulikeshi Ayurvedic Medical College, Badami in 1997.
Why Choose SVP Ayurvedic College?
- Anybody charged and convicted of indulging in ragging and/or assisting ragging, regardless of whether either actively or passively or being a part of a conspiracy to encourage ragging, is liable for punishment at SVP Ayurvedic College, both within and beyond the campus.
- The anti-ragging committee conducts unforeseen raids on hostels and other locations where ragging occurrences or the possibility of ragging may occur.
- The college’s faculty members are highly qualified academicians and medical professionals who are available to students on a full-time basis.
- There are 5 faculty members with undergraduate degrees and 35 post-graduate degree holders together.
- The college also regularly hosts a variety of artistic and cultural events to help students build their sense of confidence.
- The college administration selects one student each year to serve as Student of the Year.
- To educate students on the most recent developments in Ayurveda, the college hosts a variety of guest lectures on topics like Shalya Tantra, Pathology, and Anatomy.
- All of the distinguished speakers are very knowledgeable and experienced in their particular fields, and they all graduated from reputable Indian universities and colleges.
- To encourage good health and foster a positive attitude among students, the institution organises a variety of free health medical camps, particularly in rural areas.
- To promote the improved health of both donors and patients, the college also hosts several blood donation camps.
SVP Ayurvedic College Admissions
- The start of admission will follow the R.G.U.H.S. Bangalore schedule.
- Within the last date for application submission, applications must be submitted to the principal of the college in the prescribed form and be complete in all respects.
- Applications that are not full are likely to be rejected. Applicants need to attach the original and authentic photocopy of all the required certificates, mark sheets and any other miscellaneous documents with the admission form
- In no event will fees that have been paid be reimbursed or applied to other accounts.
- HSC, B.Sc., and SSLC grades
- PUC II, HSC, or B.SC mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate from the Last College/University Attended
- Immigration permit (In case students outside Karnataka)
- Character certificate from the previous institution attended.
- Physical fitness evaluation certificate from a licensed medical professional.
- If applicable, Scheduled Caste & Tribe Certificate
- If applicable, Group A.B.C.D.E. Certificate.
- Photographs (6 in stamp size and 6 in passport size).
- If appropriate, proof of eligibility from RGUHS Bangalore.
- Any further documents or certificates that the principal deems necessary.
Note:- Candidates must carry the original documents as well as 04 copies of all the documents mentioned above.
Eligibility for BAMS
|Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility Certificates|
SVP Ayurvedic College Badami Course
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)
|Name of the Course||Duration||Intake|
|BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)||5 years 6 months (This includes one year of compulsory Internship)||60 seats are available for this course.|
BAMS is a degree programme at the undergraduate level that trains students in Ayurveda and ayurvedic medicine. The Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) is the body in charge of deciding who gets to study Ayurveda at the undergraduate and graduate levels and who gets to practise it in India.
The BAMS programme lasts for 5.5 years. Over its five years and six months, the BAMS Course has four professional groups of subjects.
The Degree to be Awarded:
The candidate will receive the title of Ayurvedacharya after completing the required coursework throughout the allotted time, passing the final test, and completing the required one-year internship following the final exam.
|Name of the Department||Objectives|
|Prasuti and Streeroga||
SVP Ayurvedic College Fee Structure
|Course||Fee Structure (INR)|
- The Shri Veer Pulikeshi Ayurvedic College Badami fees structure is not provided. The official website’s ratings indicate that the cost structure is affordable and less expensive than that of many other private colleges in Karnataka.
- In the state of Karnataka, the average BAMS charge for the entire five-year period is between INR 7 Lakhs and INR 15 Lakhs.
Career & Future Scope
After completing an undergraduate Ayurveda study, students can select from a variety of job possibilities. After BAMS, students can explore a wide range of job profiles. Following are a few of the job options in this field:
- A BAMS graduate may begin his or her profession as a doctor in a hospital setting or as a private practitioner. Before providing care to patients, recent graduates work under the supervision of a few senior practitioners to develop knowledge and appropriate experience.
- He or she can provide specialised treatment options such as therapy for skin diseases, spinal issues, and other conditions once they have gained a deep understanding of the subject.
- After earning their BAMS, candidates might choose to teach. For students to be qualified for teaching positions in this discipline, they should ideally possess at least a post-graduate degree.
- Students may choose to pursue an MD or a postgraduate diploma in any field of study. They could only be hired as professors or demonstrators at any government or private Ayurveda colleges after receiving a post-graduate degree.
- These candidates will later be able to submit applications for PhDs, for which applicants must have either 10 decades of clinical experience or 5 years of teaching experience.
- Since the manufacturing of Herbal remedies, cosmetics, and food products is presently a growing industry, BAMS graduates may decide to concentrate on the manufacturing industry. There is a market for these goods.
- Candidates can enhance their employment prospects in manufacturing by enrolling in specialised programmes like the MSc in Pharmaceutical Medicine and the Diploma in Herbal Medicinal Manufacturing.
Clinical Research Associate:
- These days, numerous universities are developing various postgraduate clinical research programmes.
- These courses are open to students who wish to work as Clinical Research Assistants in the laboratories of different big pharmaceutical companies.
- In health resorts and spa facilities all over India, natural Ayurvedic therapies are increasingly popular with foreign tourists. For issues including arthritic pain, obesity, migraines, early ageing, skin conditions, high cholesterol, and diabetes, tourists typically favour natural treatments.
- In such healthcare centres of numerous hotel chains and resorts, BAMS students have the opportunity to function as inspectors. A student-run health centre is yet another option.
- This is in high demand from both pharmacies and ayurvedic practitioners. The need of the hour is to cultivate threatened herbs like Kutki, Raktachandan, etc. Students can make use of this opportunity if they own a good piece of cultivating land in their villages or anywhere else.
Learn a New Language:
- If you anticipate practising, travelling to, or giving lectures outside of India, consider learning a language such as German, French, or Spanish.
- Many Ayurvedic medical professionals are doing this and asking us to speak up. This guidance is for BAMS graduates who are considering job opportunities abroad.
Shri Veer Pulikeshi Ayurvedic College Badami is one of the greatest options if anyone among you is considering practising under the supervision of an experienced faculty member because the college has its hospital and research facility. Additionally, the academic team and doctors are quite knowledgeable and skilled, and they can precisely train a pupil.
Rankings & Recognitions
- It is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science which is indicative of the quality of education that the institute imparts.
- Furthermore, the college has legit approval from the Central Council of Indian Medicines which is an institute that is specifically dedicated to regulating Ayurvedic sciences in the country.
- Being approved by CCIM is a matter of great prestige and is a living testimonial that the college harbours the equipment and facilities to impart the Ayurvedic sciences.
SVP Ayurvedic College Facilities
- The college offers a well-appointed hostel with separate areas for men and women that is furnished with nice furniture.
- Both hostels have modern, clean dining spaces and kitchens.
- A 120-bed, well-maintained hospital is kept up with a separate OPD Block, a full-fledged Panchakarma unit with high-tech instruments, a Kshara Sootra laboratory, a well-equipped operating room, a pathology lab, an X-ray unit, an ECG unit, and other contemporary facilities that offer both traditional and cutting-edge treatments for the sick men.
- There is a large herb garden at the SVP Ayurvedic institution on about 6 acres of land.
- More than 400 known species of medicinal plants are kept in the garden next to the institution for educational purposes.
Departments and Museums
- According to CCIM standards, the college contains 14 departments, each with digital charts and reading materials, as well as laboratories and museums with tools, preserved specimens, and model replicas.
- The college has a central library that houses an extensive collection of 11515 volumes, 10 medical journals, and some of the rarest Ayurvedic texts.
- The Library is now being digitalized. For the convenience of students and teaching faculties, the library also includes associated broadband internet facilities.
- The assessment of recent national and international journals has space.
- All departments have department libraries in addition to the Central Library.
College Contact Details
Address: S.V.P.R.A.M.C., Hospital and Research Centre, Badami-587201, Badami, Karnataka, India.
- Contact Number: 08357 220586.
- Email ID: email@example.com.
Our team offers a thorough and frank review of all the colleges in India since we understand the trauma that all students go through when selecting the ideal college for better education and career. However, contact our team if you have any issues regarding the information of any particular institute. You can also get in touch with the college administration if you have any other issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which academic programmes does Shri Veer Pulikeshi Ayurvedic College Badami offer?
The college offers a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) Course.
2. What is the SVP Ayurvedic College's BAMS Course intake?
The total seat for the BAMS Course in this college is 60.
3. Does SVP Ayurvedic College have a hostel available?
Yes, the college offers well-maintained and spacious hostel rooms for girls and boys separately.
4. Does SVP Ayurvedic College provides a transportation facility?
No, the college does not offer any transportation facility to students.
5. How is Shri Veer Pulikeshi Ayurvedic College Badami's campus area?
The campus area is extremely secure and tranquil. There is also a sizable library where students can study quietly without being bothered.
6. How is the SVP Ayurvedic College faculty group doing?
The faculty team is extremely skilled and diligent in their job.
7. Does SVP Ayurvedic College Badami have access to the internet?
Yes, the college provides free wifi access to the students as well as to the staff members.
8. Is Shri Veer Pulikeshi Ayurvedic College Badami a government college?
No, it is a private institute.
You can also go through my detailed post on another Ayurveda college by simply clicking the link below:
A Polite Request to Readers:
Please visit the comments area if you are a former or present student of Shri Veer Pulikeshi Ayurvedic College, Badami. You might provide a sincere evaluation so that younger generations in the future would greatly benefit from it. We appreciate it in advance.