Did you know that Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is the first private dental college & hospital in West Bengal?
Yes, you heard it right! Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is the first private dental college initiated in West Bengal to be approved and recognized. The college has achieved a lot of acknowledgment and recognition to be called one of the Best Dental Colleges in India. Let’s know more about Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata in this blog!
Table of Contents
- Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Overview
- Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Admissions
- Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Courses
- Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Fees
- Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Placements
- Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Rankings
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Overview
Established in 2003, Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata presently holds the honor of being the inaugural private dental college in West Bengal to receive recognition from the Dental Council of India and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India. Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is also NAAC accredited and NIRF-ranked college.
|Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata
|157/F, Nilgunj Rd, Sahid Colony, Panihati, Kolkata, West Bengal 700114.
|West Bengal University of Health Sciences
|Dental Council of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
|Boys and Girls
With more than eight floors devoted to specialized dentistry, the 5.2-acre campus is conveniently located in Kolkata.
Being a center of excellence for patient care, dental research, and education.
- To train knowledgeable instructors in various areas of oral care.
- To cultivate in the learners at the institution a high level of professional competence.
- To offer society comprehensive patient care at a reasonable price.
Why choose Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata?
- First Dental College in West Bengal to be recognized.
- Highest Patient Turnover.
- Well Qualified Staff.
- Huge Campus Area.
- State-of-the-Art Technology & Lab Driven Campus.
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Admissions
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata offers both BDS and MDS. The admissions to both courses will be purely based on the NEET merit and the MCC counseling sessions. Read further to know in detail about Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata admissions.
The intake capacity of Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata for both graduate and undergraduate courses is as follows:
- Step 1: Contact the college and enquire about the admissions.
- Step 2: Give all the details and documents asked by the college.
- Step 3: The college will check and revert back to you accordingly.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
- Should be aged 17 years or more.
- Completion of 10+2 examinations.
- Obtained 50% aggregate marks.
- Appeared & qualified for NEET UG 2022.
- Qualified MCC West Bengal Counselling.
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
- BDS Degree Certificate.
- Permanent Registration from DCI.
- Appeared & qualified for NEET PG 2022.
- Qualified MCC West Bengal Counselling.
Documents Required for BDS & MDS
- 10 & 12th Marks Card.
- NEET Admit and Score Card.
- BDS Provisional Certificate (For MDS Candidates).
- BDS Registration Certificate (For MDS Candidates).
- Allotment Letter.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (For out-of-state candidates).
- Identity Proof.
- Character & Domicile Certificate.
MCC Counseling West Bengal
Admission to West Bengal State Quota, Private Management Quota, and NRI Quota seats in graduate dental courses in Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is being conducted by West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC) on the basis of inter-merit lists of status.
|Application Registration Date
|22nd – 25th Oct 2022
|25th – 28th Oct 2022
|Round 1 Seat Matrix Publication
|28th Oct 2022
|Final List Publication
|29th Oct 2022
|Round 1 Provisional Allotment
|1st Nov 2022
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Courses
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata offers a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program and a Masters in Dental Surgery (MDS) program in 7 different specialized subjects. Let’s talk more about Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata courses!
The courses offered at Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata are as follows:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).
- MDS – Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge.
- MDS – Periodontology.
- MDS – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- MDS – Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry.
- MDS – Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
- MDS – Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics.
- MDS – Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Microbiology.
The course duration for both the courses at Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is as follows:
|Bachelor in Dental Surgery
|Masters in Dental Surgery
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
BDS is among the most well-known and recognized dental degrees. Bachelor of Dental Surgery is India’s only professional and educational dental surgery program.
Students in this course learn about dentures, dental problems, and surgery. It is also a good career-oriented degree program, with numerous opportunities in the hospital, pharmaceutical, and medical equipment manufacturing industries.
Masters in Dental Surgery (MDS)
Graduate training in many dental specialties is offered through the Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) degree. Each discipline program’s goal is to train graduate students to work as dentistry experts.
The programs support the growth of the advanced clinical skills, critical analysis, and research abilities needed for a specialist. In their selected fields of specialization, the programs educate students to work as practitioners and advising consultants.
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata has 8 departments in dentistry each of which is responsible for the welfare and development of the students. The departments are as follows:
- Oral Medicine & Radiology.
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics.
- Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge.
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology with Microbiology.
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Fees
When we talk about fees, it’s not just about the course fees there are so many add-ons to that. Fee Structure is the most integral part of any college, and so is for Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata. Let’s talk in detail about Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata’s fee structure!
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata’s fee structure is segregated into many areas such as:
- Application Form Fees.
- Admission Fees.
- Tuition Fees.
- Caution Fees (Refundable).
- Hostel Admission Fees.
- Hostel Fees per month.
Application Form Fees
The application form fees for both courses are as follows:
The admission fees for both courses are as follows:
Tuition Fees (State Quota)
The tuition fees for both courses in the state quota are as follows:
Tuition Fees (Management Quota)
The tuition fees for both courses in the management quota are as follows:
Caution Fees (Refundable)
The refundable caution fees for both courses are as follows:
Hostel Admission Fees
The hostel admission fees for both courses are as follows:
Hostel Fees (per month)
The hostel fees per month for both courses are as follows:
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Placements
Any career you pursue requires proper skill and abundant practice, and for the dental profession, it is much more required. Listed under Kolkata’s West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata’s students during their studies have the exceptional chance to operate in a hospital with an OPD of about 600 patients per day, under the skillful supervision of experienced physicians.
Let’s look into more initiatives taken by Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata for their student’s career prospects.
Under the direction of knowledgeable professors and alumni cell members of the college, the Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Career Guidance Cell assists students in approaching their dreams and career goals precisely. The students are able to speak with the cell representatives and ask them any questions they may have about their career choices.
As part of the Focus Initiative, the CGC of Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata also works in conjunction with the Student Association and IQAC to provide Career Guidance Seminars. It played a key role in setting up the Amar Sathi Program, which places interns on industry visits for observerships at private dental labs, multispecialty clinics, and radiology centers.
- Provides a realistic road map to achieve his/her goals and aspirations.
- Provides guidance in academics and gives direction to learning.
- Provides opportunities to enhance value-based learning for holistic professional development.
- Support System for confidence building and safety measures especially for freshers.
- Helps build bridges between peers, faculties, and industry.
International Student Cell
The Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata’s International Student Cell collaborates closely with their Career Guidance Cell to support and direct their students as they apply for foreign enrollment and courses. The cell has started an international observership program with International Medical University, Kuala Lumpur, as part of its mobility program for students.
The Endeavor exposed the students to cutting-edge dentistry as practiced in industrialized countries and broadened their perspective beyond that of traditional instruction. For this program, The Cell proactively facilitates all logistical and partnering operations, ensuring that the traveling students experience zero problems while overseas.
Capability Enhancement Schemes
For its undergraduate students, Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata offers Value Added Courses on Soft Skills and Case Management. The course for undergraduate students covers topics including grooming, etiquette, charisma, leadership, and professional posturing.
The VELP PROGRAM, which focuses on values, ethics, language, and personality training, was introduced in 2020. The VELP’s Soft Skills Module includes exercises to improve self-confidence, attitude, and teamwork as well as instruction on language listening, grammar, and speaking.
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata Rankings
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is the first accredited, recognized, and ranked private dental college in the state of West Bengal. Let’s get to know more about these acknowledgments of Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata!
- Ranked 40 by NIRF.
- Accredited “A” by NAAC.
- Affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
- Recognized by the Dental Council of India and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Associated with JIS Group Educational Initiatives and Internal Quality Assurance Cell.
The Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is a sprawling eight-floor mega structure with an integrated hospital that handles approximately 1.8 lakh patients every year, the highest for any private dental college in West Bengal. Each floor has a specialized department handling specific treatment modalities for the patients.
The State-Of-The-Art technology from CYBERNETYX Germany provides the students at Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata with a completely captivating experience during learning. The air-conditioned Smart Classroom makes learning visually appealing and allows students to fully engage with lectures.
At the Sardar Jodh Singh Block, Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata offers a 500-seat air-conditioned State Of Art Auditorium. Modern video equipment and acoustics are available in the auditorium. Through several national and local scientific seminars and conferences held there, it acts as a light for educating and providing chances for our students.
Students at the institute have access to on-campus housing. There are separate 120-room hostels for boys and girls. The hostel has basic services like filtered water for drinking, a common area with a television, a phone, and a gym. Due to its on-campus location, the hostel offers boarders 24-hour security.
The Central Library is located on the top floor of the building and has a total area of 10,994 square feet. Its goals are to support faculty and students in their postgraduate research, provide reading materials and services of the highest caliber, and teach the skills necessary for academic research and lifelong learning.
College Contact Details
- Address: 157/F, Nilgunj Rd, Sahid Colony, Panihati, Kolkata, West Bengal 700114.
- Email Id: email@example.com.
- Contact No: 03325839998.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata private or government?
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is a private college.
2. What is the NIRF Ranking of Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata in 2022?
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is ranked 40 in the NIRF Rankings 2022.
3. What is Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata’s contact number?
To get in touch with the Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata, call 03325839998.
4. What are Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata management quota fees for BDS?
The management quota fee for BDS in Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is INR 6,00,000/-.
5. How does the Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata work for student placements?
Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata has a Career Guidance Cell to help students in their placement process.
6. What is Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata MDS fee structure?
MDS State Quota Fee is INR 3,00,000/- and the Management Quota fee is INR 9,00,000/-.
7. Is Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata affiliated?
Yes, the college is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
8. What is the admission intake for BDS in Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata?
The admission intake for BDS in Gurunanak Dental College Kolkata is 100 seats.
If you wish to know about other top dental college, Click on the link below to go through our detailed post on:
If you are an alumnus or associated with Gururnanak Dental College Kolkata, then kindly share your views and thoughts in the comment section. It would help those who are considering joining this college. I’m looking forward to your comments below.