Do you get mesmerized by a perfect smile? I know you do because a smile is a powerful expression, which can enlighten the atmosphere and boost your self-confidence. Are you looking to change someone’s life by getting them to smile? If yes, then you must go for the course in dental sciences. West Bengal is a state having one of the Best Dental colleges in India. Now, I will be sharing more details about the Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur located in West Bengal.
Table of Contents
- Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Overview
- Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Admissions
- Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Courses
- Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Fees
- Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Placements
- Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Rankings
- Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Overview
Indian Centre for Advancement of Research and Education is a trust which manages the college. It was founded with the objective of becoming a pioneer in the field of education, research as well as training.
The visionaries behind the trust are educationists, who aimed to bring quality education to the people of Haldia. The Chairman of the Group of Institutions is Mr. Lakshman Seth and the Principal of the college is Dr. Uttam K Sen.
|Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences
|Haldia Dental Rd, Haldia, West Bengal 721645.
|West Bengal University of Health Sciences
|DCI & Ministry of Health
|Both Boys and Girls
The Institution is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences. Courses are recognized by the Dental Council of India(DCI) and also by the Ministry of Health, Government of India. BDS began in the year 2007-08. In the year 2015-16, the MDS course was started with 7 specializations.
The vision of the institution is to become a world-class educational center in all the different streams. Its objective is to help the needy and underprivileged people in the surrounding areas.
The mission of the college is to become a renowned education center, which provides training and education as per global standards.
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Admissions
The admission process to the various courses offered at Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur is as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the admission section.
- Step 2: You are required to fill out the application form with your personal details.
- Step 3: Once you are done, upload the required documents.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees.
Eligibility for BDS
BDS is an undergraduate-level program for a duration of 5 years. If you are inclined towards getting admission, you must first fulfill the eligibility:
- Aspirants must have passed the 12th Standard or Higher Secondary or any other equivalent examination from an approved board or council.
- He/she should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English language subjects separately.
- The combined score of the above subjects must be 50% for General Category and 40% for SC/ST students.
- The minimum age during admission time should be 17 years as of 31st December in the year of admissions.
- Must be NEET qualified.
Documents required for BDS
Documents that you must bring during BDS admissions are:
- Admit Card of NEET examination.
- NEET Scorecard.
- 10th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Certificate of Domicile.
- SC/ST/ Caste Certificate.
- Latest passport-size photos.
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
MDS is a 3-year postgraduate-level program. You must be eligible to get admission. The eligibility criteria are:
- The candidate must have completed a BDS course from an approved dental college.
- The candidate should be registered with State Medical Council.
- Should be NEET qualified.
- Must have completed 1 year of internship.
Documents required for MDS
The documents required for MDS Admission are:
- MDS Admit Card for NEET.
- MDS Scorecard for NEET.
- Year-wise Mark Sheets for BDS Course.
- Internship completion certificate.
- 10th class scorecard (Date of birth proof).
- Valid Government Identity Proof like Aadhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.
- SC/ST/Caste Certificate.
Admissions to the undergraduate and postgraduate level courses take place through the Medical Counselling Process organized by the Government of West Bengal.
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Courses
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur offers graduate Bachelor of Dental Surgery and postgraduate Master of Dental Surgery.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Bachelor of Dental Surgery is also called BDS. The program is for 5 years. It comprises 4 years of academics followed by 1 year of internship. Students are given knowledge about dental issues, oral health, and dental treatments.
They learn subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Orthodontics, and so on. After the completion of the course, you become a qualified dentist.
Master of Dental Surgery
Master of Dental Surgery or MDS is a postgraduate course for 3 years. The program aims to develop knowledge, research, and thinking skills in specific areas. Specializations which are offered by the institution are:
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Pedodontics and Dentofacial Surgery.
- Preventive Dentistry and Pedodontics.
- Dentofacial Orthopedics and Orthodontics.
- Radiology and Oral Medicine.
- Prosthodontics and Bridge.
The Students are given in-depth knowledge about the course subjects during the time of the study. These departments are managed by HOD. A few of the important departments are:
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology.
- Community Health Dentistry.
- Conservative Dentistry.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Dentistry.
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Fees
The course fees structure for the courses offered at Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur are:
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery
|INR 6 LPA
|Master of Dental Surgery
|INR 9 LPA
Fees for the hostel are charged separately from the students. The fees for the hostel are given below:
|Hostel Admission Fees (One time)
|Caution Deposit (One time)
|Rent for a hostel (Yearly) Triple room sharing
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Placements
The Placement Department of Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur takes care of the final placements and internships for all the students. It organizes seminars, conferences, workshops, and guest lectures to keep them updated with the happenings in the field.
Placement committee members keep in touch with the various industries to know about their requirements. Mock interviews and Group Discussion is organized to boost their self-confidence.
Dental Sciences is the second most preferred career option after MBBS. Numerous opportunities are available across different sectors. The salary package varies according to the experience in the field. Now, there is a growing need for good dentists in India as well as in other countries. The popular job profiles are:
- Private Practitioner.
- Dental Surgeon.
- Orthodontist and many more.
There is an increase in demand for professional dentists in India. Students get placements in private hospitals, research institutions, government hospitals, wellness centers, schools, and colleges. Some of the top recruiters in the field of dental sciences are:
- Apollo Hospitals.
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
- Cipla Limited.
- Religare Health Insurance Limited.
- Colgate India.
- Apollo Munich Health Industries.
- Sri Ganga Ram Hospital.
- Wockhardt Limited and many more.
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur has an alumni committee that is connected with the alumni who have passed out in the previous 5 years. Alumni meet happens every year and help out in placement activities. They train and develop aspiring dentists to be ready according to industry requirements.
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Rankings
The College is ranked among the best dental college in the State of West Bengal. It is affiliated with West Bengal Health Sciences University and recognized by the West Bengal Government and also by the Dental Council of India. It has a good rating because of its course structure, faculty members, facilities, and placements.
- Dr. Samayita Saha, a postgraduate student of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, was awarded 3rd position in the paper presentation competition which was organized by the AOMSI West Bengal.
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur provides a safe and secure environment to the students. It offers a homely atmosphere as they are staying far away from their native place. The lush, green, and quiet campus is the best place to stay and study. All the necessary facilities are available within the college. The amenities on the campus are:
Hostel accommodation is compulsory for all the students. The campus has different buildings for girls and boys. The hostel warden is always present to look after the requirements of the hostilities. The allotment is given by the wardens and staff. Rooms are fully furnished with chairs, tables, wardrobes, and beds.
There is a mess attached to both hostels. Hostel fees and mess facility is charged separately apart from the tuition fees.
The library is the knowledge hub of the institution. It has a vast collection of reference books, study materials, magazines, and national and international journals. Faculty members as well as students are given access to the books through library cards. There is wifi and internet facility provided in all the computers. A small reading area is given to research and study.
The conference hall is located within the vicinity of the campus. Various academic events such as conferences, seminars, workshops, and guest lectures take place over here. It also hosts cultural events every year. It can accommodate around 100 people.
Sports and Outdoor Activities
Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur gives importance to physical and mental health and well-being. Students are encouraged to participate in state-level and national-level sports events. Trained sports trainers help in training them as per the standards of the sport.
Outdoor games facilities like cricket grounds, football grounds, tennis courts, basketball arena, chess, badminton, etc are available within the college. The hostels have indoor games and a yoga center for the recreation of the students.
The college has an OPD Clinic of 2500 square feet area with 100 Dental Chairs. On average, the clinic treats 100 patients daily. It has professional doctors, nurses, as well as staff, are available round the clock. Treatments given to the patients are at par with global standards. Other types of equipment in the OPD are:
- Digital Dental X-Ray units.
- Intra Oral Camera.
- OPG Machine.
- Other latest equipment and tools.
College Contact Details
- Address: 327P+J4H, Haldia Dental Rd, Haldia, West Bengal 721645.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 03224 269 057.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences located?
The college is located at Haldia Dental Rd, Haldia, West Bengal 721645.
2. Which are the courses offered at Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences?
The courses offered are Bachelor of Dental Surgery and Master of Dental Surgery.
3. Are the programs recognized by the Dental Council of India?
Yes, the programs are recognized by the Dental Council of India.
4. How long will it take to complete BDS at Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur?
BDS is a graduate degree for a time of 5 years.
5. How many specializations are available in MDS at Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur?
There are 7 specializations available in MDS.
6. Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences comes under which university?
The Institution comes under West Bengal Health Sciences University.
7. Does the Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences Bansbishnupur have hostels for the students?
Yes, the college provides hostel facilities for all the students.
8. What kinds of jobs are available for BDS graduates?
The jobs which are available to BDS graduates are Dental Surgeon, Dentist, Private Practitioner, Orthodontist, Prosthodontist, Lecturer, and many more.
If you are wishing to know more details on another dental college, you can click on the link below to go through our detailed post on:
I would like to spare a few minutes of your time, to write about what you think about the college. You can post your thoughts in the comments section below. Your opinion can change the life of an aspiring dentist. Thanks for your review!