BHMS, being one of the best medical programs, has become quite sought-after among Indian students. Unlike any other medical programs like BAMS or MBBS, this program also allows you put Dr. in front from your name. And, that’s definitely a dream come true moment.
So, If you are a homeopathy aspirant and looking for a good college, then this post may help you a lot. The college about which I’ve posted information upon, is one of the best BHMS colleges in Bangalore. The college name is HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi. Read further to know more about its admission process, courses, fee details, internships, facilities offered etc.
Table of Contents
- HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi Overview
- Courses at HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Admissions Procedure
- HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi fees structure
- Life at campus
- Departments and Research
HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi Overview
HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathy Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi was established in the year 1980. It was under the able guidance and leadership of Dr. A. B. Malakreddy, who was then the Chairman and lover of Homeopathy. The institution began with few homeopathic teachers and some from the sister concern of M. R. Medical College. The Current President Sri Basavaraj S. Bhimali along with his team of members of the Governing Council has made the college one of the pioneers of education in Karnataka.
The institution was among the first to offer the BHMS Degree course. The course was previously affiliated with the Court of Examiners in Homeopathic Education of Karnataka Board of Homeopathic Medicine, Bangalore. It started with a student intake of around fifty students yearly, which increased to hundred students in 2002-2003. More than seven hundred graduates have passed out since its inception. It is also offering Post Graduate courses in Homeopathy, since the year 1995. It is offering three specializations with the intake of three per specialization, which later was increased to six from the year 2001.
The courses offered at the college are affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. It is also recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, and the Government of Karnataka. The location of the college is at Mahadevappa Rampure Marg, Sedam Road, Kalburagi 585105, Karnataka.
In order to improve the faculty strength, the institution had around thirty-one faculties since its inception, making the teaching pattern ideal as per the guidelines of the Council. The faculties of the institution are encouraged to participate in programs like the Training of Trainers program organized by RGUHS in 2003. The faculty members are always at the forefront of the administration of the University and other bodies.
The Principal of the institution is Dr. Vijaylakhmi B. M. Her team of esteemed faculties comprises the most highly qualified, experienced, and learned in their respective fields. The members of the faculty are:
- Renukant Lohre – Professor and HOD.
- Sarita Silvia – Associate Professor/Reader.
- Ravi Laxmeshwar – Assistant Professor/Lecturer.
- S. K. Patil – Professor and HOD.
- Kirankumar Akka – Associate Professor/Reader.
- Umne Kulsoom – Associate Professor/Reader.
- Deepa M. Patil – Assistant Professor/Lecturer.
- Meena Deshpande – Professor and HOD.
- Jyothi K. Wali – Associate Professor/Reader.
- Veena T. N – P rofessor and HOD.
- V. S. Mathapati -Assistant Professor/Lecturer.
- Sharada Malage-Professor and HOD and many more.
Courses at HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi
HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi offers undergraduate and postgraduate level courses, Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) and M.D. (Hom.).
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery or BHMS is a full-time course for a duration of five and half years. It includes one year of internship. The annual intake of the students is a hundred per year.
The course structure of the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery includes the following subjects:
|Anatomy, Histology, and Embryology.||Pathology and Microbiology.|
|Physiology including Biochemistry.||Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.|
|Homeopathic Pharmacy.||Homeopathic Materia Medica and Therapeutics.|
|Homeopathic Materia Medica and Therapeutics.||Organon of Medicine, Principles of Homeopathic Philosophy and Psychology.|
|Organon of Medicine, Principles of Homeopathic Philosophy and Psychology.||Surgery (including ENT, Ophthalmology, Dentistry, Orthopedics, and Homeopathic therapeutics).|
|The practice of Medicine (including Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Skin Diseases with homeopathic Therapeutics).||Community Medicine.|
Post-graduation course in homeopathy or M.D (Hom.) is the highest qualification in the Science field. The main objective of the course is to produce excellent thinkers, practitioners, researchers, and faculties in homeopathy. It is a full-time course for a duration of three years. The specializations offered are:
- Organon of Medicine and Homeopathic Philosophy.
- Materia Medica including applied subjects.
The Course structure of MD (Hom.) includes the following subjects:
|Homeopathic Philosophy and Organon of Medicine.|
|Practice of Medicine.|
|Materia Medica or Repertory.|
|Research Methodology, Bio-Statistics, and History of Medicine.|
If he/she is looking to get admission to BHMS, then the following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled:
- The candidate must have passed PUC or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with the English language as optional subjects with a minimum of at least fifty percentage in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidates who have passed B. Sc. first year of any University or any other equivalent which can be the subjects like Chemistry, Biology, and Zoology and must have scored a minimum of fifty percent in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as optional subjects along with English as one of the languages.
- Candidates who have passed a B.Sc. degree or its equivalent, provided he/she has passed the PUC or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with English as one of the languages at the Pre-University or PUC Level.
- He/she must have attained seventeen years of age as of 31st December on the year of getting admissions.
- In the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and Category-I, the minimum score should not be less than forty percentage.
- It is compulsory to write the NEET entrance examination, for obtaining the NEET Scorecard.
The eligibility criteria for getting admission to M.D (Hom.) are:
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS or its equivalent qualification in Homeopathy, which has been included in the Second Schedule of Homeopathy Central Council of Homeopathy Act 1973.
- Must have undergone BHMS course for a duration of five and half years including one year of compulsory internship.
During the time of getting admission to BHMS, the following documents are required:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Mark sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer
- Certificate of Migration.
- College Leaving Certificate.
- SC/ST Caste and Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar/PAN Card/Passport/Driver’s License).
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Recent passport and stamp size photos.
The documents required during the admission to MD (Hom.) are:
- Year-wise Mark sheets of BHMS (I to IV).
- Passing Certificate of BHMS.
- Migration/College Leaving Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Caste/Community Certificate.
- Identification Proof.
- Recent photographs.
HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Admissions Procedure
The admission procedure for the courses offered at HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Kalaburagi are mentioned on the website of the institution. Please follow the steps mentioned or you can call me or write to me so that I can guide you with the same. I assure you I will get back as soon as possible.
HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi fees structure
To know more about the courses and their break-up of the fees at HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Kalaburagi, please drop a message in the comment box or call me. I will definitely revert soon.
|Course Name||Fees/ Year|
Life at campus
The college has got a quiet, enchanting, beautiful and mesmerizing campus in Kalaburagi City. Kalaburagi also called Gulbarga, is the largest city in the region of North Karnataka. It is six hundred and twenty-three kilometers away from Bangalore. It is the hub for educational institutions, companies, and industrial centers. The campus has got all the necessary amenities for the students for the duration of the course so that the students feel at home while they are away from their native places. The facilities at the campus are:
The institution has got separate buildings for the boys and girls. The rooms are allotted to them on a first come first serve basis. The warden is present there at all times to look after the safety and security of the students.
A mess facility is provided for those students who are residing inside the campus. Healthy and nutritious food are given to them during the meals. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are available according to their preferences.
The library is the hub of knowledge of any institution. There is a vast collection of reference books, study materials, textbooks and also national and international journals. The students and faculties are given access to the e-library. There is a reading room where they can do their studies peacefully.
The college has got a forty-nine bedded central hospital with all the modernized equipment. It has also got central and peripheral OPDs.
Ragging is strictly prohibited on the campus. There is an anti-ragging committee that looks into adherence to the strict rules and regulations in the college.
Departments and Research
HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathy Medical College Hospital Kalaburagi is an old institution. Each of the subjects which the students are studying in their undergraduate and post-graduate courses is formed into various departments, so as to provide hands on clinical experiences before entering the healthcare field. Some of the departments are:
Department of Anatomy
The Department of Anatomy is one which provides knowledge about the structure of the human body. The students are made to identify the specimen structure and they must be able to apply their knowledge to the treatment of the patients.
Department of Physiology and Biochemistry
The Department was founded in the year 1980. It promotes the functions of the human body with a detailed study of the cells, and knowledge of the physiological mechanisms regulating the normal functioning is essential to understanding the diseases.
Department of Pathology and Microbiology
Pathology is the key subject to determining the causes, effects, and early detection and also helps in improving the management of diseases and their social importance. It also helps in knowing about the pathogenicity of the microbes in relation to pathology.
Department of Forensic Science and Toxicology
This department deals with the application of medical knowledge to help in the administration of justice. It is used for the solution to the legal problems.
Department of Organon of Medicine, Principles of Homeopathic Philosophy and Psychology
The main objective of the Organon of Medicine is to build the conceptual base of the philosophies which are used in the medical practice. It aims at imparting knowledge, competence, and skills necessary to integrate logic, psychology, and the fundamentals of homeopathy which are necessary.
Department of Materia Medica
Materia Medica in the homeopathic system consists of a schematic arrangement of the symptoms produced by the drugs on healthy human beings. Each drug is studied, analyzed, and compared and it helps to improve the understanding of the homeopathic student separately as well as in a group.
Department of Surgery
Surgery is a vital part of healing. The study of the surgery is extremely important for a homeopath. It is an ancient medical specialty that uses operative manual and instrumentation techniques on a patient to investigate or treat pathological conditions like disease or injury, help in improving the body functions, or repairing the unwanted ruptured area.
Homeopathy is a medieval science of alternative medicine. The doctors are called homeopaths, who believe that causes of a disease in healthy person can be cured using the similar symptoms of a sick person. It has taken a considerable amount of time and effort to gather information about the college. I have talked to students who are studying over there. They have shared their experiences regarding the academics, faculties, infrastructure, and placements. It is a good institution offering homeopathic courses. Want to know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/ for more details about the college, courses, fees, placements, etc.
Still having queries on your mind or any more information you would like to know, feel free to write to me in the comment box below, I assure you that I will call you back soon.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of HKES Dr Maalakaraddy Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Kalaburagi, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.