Homeopathy is an alternate way of healing compared to allopathy. The BHMS course is in huge demand and one of most sought-after among Indian students. If you have qualified 12th standard and looking for a good college to pursue a degree in homeopathy, then you are on the right page. Here, I have put some light and shared information on one of the top homeopathic colleges in Bangalore i.e., Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital Belgaum. Read further to know about admissions, fees, courses, ranking, facilities etc. in details.
Table of Contents
- Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum Overview
- Courses at Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents required
- Life on Campus at Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum Overview
Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital was founded by its Chairman Late Shri. Komalanna Doddannavar. His dream of starting the BHMS took into real shape under the Dean Dr. S. D. Bhomaj was an icon for his discipline, dedication, and determination. The college came into existence in the year 1982.
The institution which did not have its own premises now has a full-fledged campus with separate buildings for the undergraduate and postgraduate with other infrastructural facilities. It is located in the city of Belagavi. Belgaum is the second capital of Karnataka. It is a cosmopolitan, high-profile, and cultural city. It’s sometimes referred to as the “Hill station of the poor man”. It is well connected to other states of Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Goa, and Andhra Pradesh.
The college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. It is also recognized by the Government of Karnataka, Bangalore, and the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi. The institute finds its place at Old PB Road, Near Fort, Belgaum 590016.
The Principal of the college is Dr.Shrikant.B.Kokani.The faculty members at Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital are extremely knowledgeable, well qualified, and experienced, and are present on the campus to help guide, and mentor the students during the time of the course duration. The team of faculty members includes:
- Amit Singh Jagdish Singh Pal – Senior Medical Officer.
- Sona Prasannakumar Rattu – R.M.O.
- Aarini Alok Katkol – R.M.O.
- Prakash Mahadev Maind – Medical Officer.
- Ajay Venkateshwar Rao Daram – Medical Officer.
- Sushant Chandrakant Kulkarni – Surgeon.
- Rajeev Dhanpal Patil – Gynaecologist.
- Mohammed Safi Rajesab Attar – Pathologist/Biochemist.
- Teja Datta Kakatikar – House Physician.
- Gouthami Shashikant Shinde – House Physician.
- ShankaraGouda Balagouda Patil – Yoga Expert.
- Akhila Sayed Peerzade – Physiotherapist and many more.
Courses at Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum
Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum offer courses for graduate and post-graduate levels. The courses offered are Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) and Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathic (M.D Hom.).
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery which is also called BHMS is a full-time course for a duration of five and half years. It includes one year of compulsory internship. The annual intake of the students is a hundred.
|Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery(BHMS)
|Five and half years including one year of internship.
|Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathic M.D (Hom.)
Organon of Medicine-Six.
The teaching pedagogy for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) has been designed involving two major components: theoretical as well as practical. Each subject in the course involves theory and practice. It has been designed in a way to provide a holistic approach to the studies. The course curriculum includes one year of internship which needs to be completed in the final year. The methods of teaching are:
- Classroom Lectures.
- Laboratory Sessions.
- Case Studies.
- One year Compulsory Internship.
The course of BHMS has been designed in a way to educate the students in a simple to understand, well-integrated, and improving the understanding of the subjects, by giving them in-depth information about homeopathy and the other departments of physiotherapy. In the final year of the course, each student is expected to complete one year of compulsory internship.
Career Avenues after BHMS
Nowadays, BHMS has become the most sought-after course. It has been gaining popularity within India as well as abroad. It essentially deals with the illness and diseases through the natural process of healing, which is a cost-effective method of treatment. Some of the sectors where BHMS students can find job opportunities are:
- Homeopathic Medicines Stores.
- Charitable Institutions.
- Medical Colleges.
- Research Institutions.
- State Dispensaries.
- Training Institutes.
Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathic (M.D Hom.)
Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathic is also known as M.D (Hom.).It is a full-time course for a duration of three years. The specializations offered are:
- Organon of Medicine and Homeopathic Philosophy.
- Homeopathic Repertory.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
The eligibility criteria for getting admission to BHMS are:
- Candidates must attain seventeen years of age at the time of admission or will be completing the age on 31st December on the year of admissions.
- Must have passed a two-year pre-university examination by the Department of Pre-University Karnataka or from any other examination which has been recognized, with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the optional subjects and English as one of the subjects.
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. 1st Year or B.Sc. Degree examination from any University in India with Science subjects such as Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology and the must-have scored a minimum of at least forty percent marks as aggregate score.
Candidates who are looking for admission to M.D (Hom.)must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have passed BHMS Degree from any college which has been recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy New Delhi.
- The Degree should be included in the Second Schedule of the Homeopathic Central Council Act 1973.
- Fees for the course are prescribed by the college as well as by the Government of Karnataka.
Please keep four to five copies of the originals for the admissions to be hassle-free. The documents required during admission to BHMS are:
- 10th and 12th Standard/PUC/10 +2 Std Mark sheets and Passing Certificate.
- Sc. Completion Certificate (if applicable).
- Sc. Mark sheet (if applicable).
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Copy of Aadhar.
- Identity Proof like Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter’s ID.
- Recent photographs.
The documents required for taking admission to M.D (Hom.) are:
- BHMS Degree Completion Certificate.
- Year-wise Mark sheet of BHMS.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate or Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of Aadhar.
- Identification Proof such as Passport, PAN Card, Driving License, and Voter’s ID.
- Recent photographs.
Life on Campus at Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum
Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital has got a beautiful campus which is located at Belgaum. The institution provides the students with state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities within its campus. It is a safe and secure environment for the students who come to study there. The facilities which are available on the campus are:
The institution provides hostel accommodation facilities to the students. There are separate blocks for boys and girls. The rooms are spacious, airy, and well ventilated. Each room has a bed, study table, cupboards, and so on. The warden is in charge of the hostel.it is the duty of the warden to ensure the safety of the students who are staying in the hostel.
Hostel Mess facility is provided to all the students who are residing in the hostels. It looks after the health and nutritional needs of the students in the hostel. A huge dining hall with chairs and tables is there for them to have their food. Various different varieties of food both vegetarian and non-vegetarian are served there.
The library at the Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum is the knowledge center that has a vast collection of reference books, textbooks, CDs, and national and international journals. The e-library can be accessed with the help of computers in the library. The reading room is where the faculty and the students can sit quietly and read the books.
The conference hall is well equipped with modernized types of equipment. Academic events such as guest lectures, and seminar workshops take place there. Cultural activities such as annual days, cultural events, etc. take place every year in the hall.
The institution provides transport facilities to all the students. There is a fleet of buses that takes the students from their hostels to the colleges as well as to their clinical postings.
Outdoor and Indoor Games facility
Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum believe in the overall personality development of the students. Physical and mental well-being plays a vital role in a person. The students are encouraged to play outdoor and indoor games. Sports facilities such as cricket, football, volleyball, tennis, and baseball are available on the campus. Indoor games such as Chess, carom, and table tennis are available to play in the hostels. There is a recreation hall, yoga center, and a gym also for the students and staff. The college organizes various inter-college, state, and national level competitions, so as to encourage and boost self-confidence and inculcate the spirit of sportsmanship in them.
Departments and Research
Homeopathy is a system of medicine that embraces the body’s natural response mechanism by either encouraging the systems of healing or curing it of the root causes of the illness. Each of the subjects which the students have got separate departments so that they get hands-on practical experience before entering the healthcare field. Various departments are:
- Department of Surgery.
- Department of Organon of Medicine.
- Department of Medicine.
- Department of Anatomy.
- Department of Community Medicine.
- Department of Pharmacy.
- Department of Physiology.
- Department of Pathology.
- Department of Obstetrics and Genecology.
- Department of Forensic Medicine Toxicology.
- Department of Repertory.
Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Belgaum is among the best colleges offering courses in homeopathy. I visited the institution and talked to the students who are studying there. I have enquired about how they feel regarding the academic course, faculties and infrastructure. All of them felt that it was the best in terms of the requirements of a good college. I conducted my research online too. If you want to know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
Having more questions for me or anything you would like to ask about the college, admission process, fees, etc., please write to me in the comment box below or give me a call, I will definitely get back as soon as possible. If you are an alumnus of the college, please write a review for us so that it is useful for others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I get the syllabus for NEET?
NEET entrance examination is the gateway to all the undergraduate courses including MBBS, BDS (Dental), and AYUSH (BAMS, BHMS, BSMS, and BUMS). The syllabus for the NEET examination is available on the National Testing Agency (NTA) website.
2. Is it possible to become a neurosurgeon after doing BHMS?
No, you cannot become a neurosurgeon after doing your BHMS. It is because surgery is a very invasive procedure and you are not taught to do surgeries in the course.
3. Which of the Ayush courses is good: BHMS or BAMS?
Nowadays, many people are going for Ayush Courses. There is a lot of competition in the field of medicine.BHMS or Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery focuses on treating patients with homeopathy as well as modern clinical methods. On the contrary, BAMS focuses on the biomedical sciences and pharmacy. You can choose whichever course is your liking and you have an interest in making a career in the field of healthcare.
4. Is BHMS Courses good for females?
Yes, BHMS Course is good for females because the course is the simplest to work. Females can manage all the responsibilities. It is the most preferable course for females.
5. Is a BHMS degree from India, valid in Canada or Dubai?
No, BHMS Degree from India is not recognized in Canada or Dubai.
6. What is the future scope of BHMS?
There is a lot of scope for BHMS in the future. Homeopathy doctors who have the BHMS degree are required in private hospitals, dispensaries, nursing homes, health centers, and polyclinics.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College, please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.