Hello everyone; welcome to our blog. If you choose a career in dentistry, we know how stressful it must be for you to find the best college where you can make the most out of your education. The ultimate criterion is that the college should be able to fulfill all of your dreams of becoming a professional dentist. In this blog, we have provided complete information about the Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly, which is one of the leading dental institutes in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Table of Contents
- Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly Overview
- Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly Admission
- Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly Courses Offered
- Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Awards and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly Overview
The Institute of Dental Sciences was established in 2002, and the postgraduate program in dental surgery began in 2008. The institute is associated with Rohilkand Medical College and Hospital, is located in the major city of the Rohilkand region, Bareilly, and is affiliated with Bareilly International University.
|Name||Institute of Dental Sciences|
|Address||Institute of Dental Sciences, Near Suresh Sharma Nagar, Pilibhit Bypass Road, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh-|
|Affiliated to||Bareilly International University|
|Recognized by||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Hostel||Available for boys and girls|
Their mission is to be India’s leading dental institute, providing excellence in all areas of dental science. The college wants to be the first choice of dental institutes for aspirants and emphasizes the importance of research-based learning.
Their vision is to impart knowledge and education to students by instilling good skills and values in them and exposing them to all modern research equipment and technology so that they can showcase their skills and excel in the field of dentistry in the future.
Why Choose the Institute of Dental Sciences, Bareilly?
One of the best reasons to choose the Institute of Dental Sciences is that the institute focuses on various research areas in the dental field, provides all the required modern research equipment and tools, and assists their students in exploring more by providing the best and most experienced faculty.
- Clinical Excellence
To provide students with the best training possible, the institute has super clinical labs that are fully equipped with all the necessary equipment. Furthermore, the institute has over 285 electrical dental chairs for clinical support in its dental hospital.
- Student-Centric Environment
The institute does not just provide theoretical concepts about the subject. Rather, it is oriented toward a student-centered environment by allowing students to learn the subject through hands-on experience in clinical labs.
Students at the institute are free to work on various research projects and bring innovations to the institute through their efforts, which are guided and supported by the institute.
Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly Admission
|Name of the Course||Annual Intake Capacity|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||100|
|Specialty||Annual Intake Capacity(38 in total)|
|Oral Maxillofacial Surgery||6|
|Conservative dentistry and Endodontics||6|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics||3|
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge||6|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||3|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||3|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||2|
|Public Health Dentistry||3|
- The candidate must take and pass the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test for BDS and NEET-PG for MDS.
- Furthermore, the candidate must select the Institute Of Dental Sciences as one of the institutes to which he or she wishes to apply.
- The candidate must then apply for further counseling and provide all required documents during counseling.
- The college will review the candidate’s profile and notify the candidate of their admission status.
Criteria for BDS Eligibility
- A candidate must be an Indian resident and have completed a 10+2 examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. Individually, the candidate must have passed English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Students from the scheduled castes and tribes will be given a 10% reduction in the aggregate marks required for eligibility.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology combined at the competitive entrance examination where such examinations are held for selection.
- The candidate must be 17 years old at the time of admission or will be 17 on or before December 31st of the year in which he or she seeks admission.
Documents Required For BDS Admission
- The Institute of Dental Sciences, Bareilly’s allotment available on https://upneet.gov.in.
- Rank Letter list of UP NEET.
- Registration form for UP NEET Counseling.
- One lakh fee receipt (paid for security) with DD photocopy.
- Original Document Verification Card Neet UG Examination Score Card
- NEET Examination Admit Card.
- High School Marksheet (Original).
- Certificate of graduation from high school (Original).
- Marksheets for intermediate levels (Original).
- Intermediate Certificate of Completion (Original).
- Middle or final regular study Certificate of transfer (Original).
- Middle or final regular study Character reference (Original).
- SC/ST Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- OBC or EWS Caste Certificate in the format specified in the updated brochure (if applicable).
- Candidate and parent Aadhaar Card.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Approximately 07 passport-size photographs of the candidate, as shown on the admit card.
Criteria For MDS Eligibility
- The candidate must be an Indian native.
- Candidates must have passed the NEET-MDS examination from the previous year.
- Candidates must have passed the BDS final examination from a DCI-accredited dental institution.
- Before enrolling in BDS, candidates must have completed one year of mandatory internship.
- Candidates must be registered with a State Dental Council or DCI permanently.
- Candidates who have completed a DCI-accredited Postgraduate diploma of at least two years are entitled to apply.
Documents Required For MDS Admission
- Evidence of All-India NEET-PG rating.
- Letter of Allocation.
- A copy of the admit card.
- A copy of the application form is required.
- Photo identification is required.
- Nationality Certification/Passport/School Leaving Certificate.
- 10th Standard Marksheet
- 11th Standard Scorecard
- 12th Standard Marksheet.
- BDS Marks Statement (for each year, separately).
- Certificate of graduation from the BDS program.
- Certificate of Completion for BDS.
- Certificate of Completion of Internship.
- Certificate of Registration (MSDC/DCI).
- Certificate of Medical Fitness.
- If employed, no objection certificate.
- Six passport-sized photographs.
- A certificate of good moral character.
- Certificate of Transfer (TC).
- Students from another state may apply for a migration certificate.
- The Aadhar card.
- The PAN Card.
- If applicable, an SC/ST certificate.
- Affidavit stating that the candidate is not currently enrolled in any other postgraduate program.
- Certificate of Gap.
Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly Courses Offered
The Institute of Dental Sciences offers three main courses.
|BDS||4 years + 1 year compulsory internship = 5 years|
|Diploma in Dental Hygienics||2 Years|
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is a four-year degree program in dentistry. The program also includes a one-year mandatory internship. This course is specifically designed for students who want to pursue a career in dentistry after completing the 12th grade. Our institute provides BDS programs that emphasize practical experience as well as theoretical knowledge.
Each subject is thoughtfully designed to ensure that students get maximum exposure and learn every aspect of dentistry with clarity. By combining general medicine along with dental healthcare concepts, students receive a comprehensive and well-rounded education through this course.
Some of the subjects studied are general medicine and surgery, general human anatomy, dental anatomy, prosthodontics and crown and bridge, oral pathology and microbiology, pedodontics, oral histology, public health dentistry, orthodontics, and more.
MDS, or Master of Dental Surgery, is a three-year postgraduate degree program in dentistry. Students who want to pursue MDS must first complete a BDS at a Dental Council of India-approved dental institute. This course is specifically designed for students who want to learn more about advanced dentistry. Our institute offers MDS in the seven specializations listed below.
Periodontology is the branch of dentistry that deals with the proper diagnosis and treatment of gum diseases. Our periodontics department aims to prepare students to become dentists with high levels of expertise and clinical knowledge.
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
The Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology prepares students to correctly diagnose disorders and diseases of the oral cavity. They are taught to conduct an investigation and look for abnormalities in cells, tissues, and blood samples.
- Prosthodontics including Crown and Bridge
Prosthodontics and crown and bridge is the branch of dentistry that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of dental problems caused by missing teeth, including various dental implants. Our department of prosthodontics strives to educate students using cutting-edge research methodologies and treatments.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Conservative dentistry and endodontics concentrate on the development of students’ clinical skills. We have more than 100 patients per day for conservative dentistry and endodontics, which gives our students more exposure to different challenging cases and situations.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
This MDS specialization is the most important for any dental hospital because it involves various surgical procedures such as impaction, biopsies, dental implants, craniofacial trauma, pediatric trauma, and many more.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
The orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics department deals with various dental anomalies and dental displacements. This specialty also focuses on facial growth control and improving the appearance of the patient’s teeth.
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
The department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry deal with the treatment of dental problems in children and adolescents. Our department has a cozy and cuddling environment for treating children’s dental issues, complete with a play therapy room and other necessities.
Diploma in Dental Hygiene
The institute offers a two-year diploma course in dental hygiene, to teach our students about oral hygiene, dental patient care, and preventive dentistry and prepare them to become dental hygienists.
If you’re looking for a programme that trains you for a very specific field of dentistry, then this two-year course is perfect for you. It’s short yet comprehensive.
Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly Fee Structure
The Institute of Dental Sciences, Bareilly fee structure differs depending on the course. Knowing the fee structure, a student can apply for admission to various specializations in dentistry, as it is critical to plan and prepare for the fees that students must pay in advance.
BDS Fee Structure
|Type of Fees||Fee Structure|
|Tuition Fee||2,75,000/- (per year)|
|University Examination Fee||15000/- per exam|
|Hostel Fee(Optional)||85000/- per year ( Twin Share Basis)|
MDS Fee Structure
|Specialty||Tuition Fee (Charged per year)|
|Oral Maxillofacial Surgery||806400/-|
|Conservative dentistry and Endodontics||775000/-|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics||775000/-|
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge||625000/-|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||525000/-|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||325000/-|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||325000/-|
|Public Health Dentistry||325000/-|
Fee Structure for Diploma in Dental Hygienist
|Name of the Course||Annual Tuition Fee|
|Diploma in Dental Hygienist||1,14,500/-|
Note: This is the general annual tuition fee structure for 2022. However, it may vary depending on the hostel facility used by the students and other miscellaneous expenses. You can also enquire about scholarships, which they provide, as well as financial aid programme and/or their partnership with a bank for loans.
Placements and Scope
The Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly, as a sister institute of Rohilkand Medical College and Hospital, provides many placement opportunities for BDS, MDS, and diploma students. Because of the high patient volume, even students get more clinical experience.
Skilled and deserving students are allowed to work in the college’s hospital. However, with the availability of a research-centered environment and technological innovations, students of the Institute of Dental Sciences have excellent opportunities outside of the campus in a variety of reputable private and government dental institutes and hospitals.
Awards and Achievements
Every year, the Institute of Dental Sciences hosts a variety of seminars and workshops in which students have demonstrated a keen interest and received many awards and recognitions. Not only that, but our expert faculty members have achieved success by conducting several successful dental research studies.
However, the Institute of Dental Sciences has received the following recognitions and approvals:
- The Dental Council of India has recognized the Institute of Dental Sciences, Bareilly.
- The institute is also approved by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW).
- There are over 1500 students who have become dental surgeons after passing a degree from the institute, and our institute is also accredited by the University Grant Commission(UGC).
The college block is well-equipped with labs that provide the best facilities for students to train. The college’s hospital and clinical setting have over 285 electrical dental chairs with advanced technology and features.
The college encourages students to participate in sporting activities. During sports fests, the college organizes over 35 sporting events such as basketball, badminton, squash, tug of war, chess, and more. They also have several badminton courts within their campus.
The college has one of the best auditoriums in Northern India with over 1500 seating capacity. Several speakers and personalities have come to the college for national seminars and lectures.
All students have access to the college’s library. The library has over 6,000 books as well as the necessary number of national and international print and e-journals.
The college provides hostel facilities to female students. The rooms are well-ventilated and spacious with enough furniture and storage and organization space.
They also have a beautiful temple within the campus where students can go for some peace and moments of introspection.
Also, Read: Vaidik Dental College Daman.
College Contact Details
- Address: Institute of Dental Sciences, Near Suresh Sharma Nagar, Pilibhit Bypass Road, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh – 243006.
We understand that you will face numerous challenges in your search for the best dental college. We will provide you with all of the information you need to know about the best dental college, including infrastructure, facilities offered, fee structure, faculty, and other details. You simply let us know what information you require, and we will be happy to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many seats are available for BDS and MDS at the Institute of Dental Sciences, Bareilly?
There are 100 BDS seats available each year, and 38 MDS seats available across all specializations.
2. Is there a hostel at the Institute Of Dental Sciences, Bareilly?
Yes, the institute provides separate hostel facilities for boys, girls, and employees from various departments.
3. How many departments are there in total at the Institute of Dental Sciences?
The institute has nine departments, each with highly qualified faculty members and dental professionals.
4. Is there a clinical facility or research lab at the institute?
The institute has super clinical labs with over 285 electrical chairs, as well as a great research facility with all of the necessary dental tools and equipment.
5. What are the placement opportunities at the Institute of Dental Sciences?
The institute has kept a separate placement cell that is solely responsible for all placement-related tasks for the institute's students, and the students also get hands-on training at the college's dental hospital.
6. Is the institute formally recognized and approved?
Yes, the institute is recognized and approved by the Dental Council of India, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and the University Grants Commission (UGC).
7. Where exactly is the Institute of Dental Sciences in Bareilly?
The institute is located near Suresh Sharma Nagar on Pilibhit Bypass Road in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh.
8. Is there anything else the institute does besides academics?
Yes, the institute has a separate sports ground where students can play various games to stay mentally and physically fit. Furthermore, the institute has a badminton court, allowing students to participate in more than one activity.