Homeopathic Medicine or Homeopathy is an alternative system of medicine that uses natural substances to boost the body’s mechanism. It is the most sophisticated and gentle mode of treating ailments. In 2012, Late Shree Fakirbhai Pansare Education Foundation took over the management of LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune. The Dynamic Team of the Foundation is looking after the welfare of the students. Let’s know more about the college
Table of Contents
- LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Overview
- LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Admission
- LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
- LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Fee Structure
- Training and Placements
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Overview
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune was established in the year 1984 by the Lokmanya Medical Foundation. The College is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, and the BHMS Course is approved by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi. The course is recognized by the Government of Maharashtra. Student intake per year is 100.
|Name||LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune|
|Address||Near Elpro Company, Behind Prof R More Auditorium, Chinchwad, Pune 411033 Maharashtra|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The Vision of the Institution is to become the global center of academic excellence in the field of education. To create a quality-centric, innovative as well as interdisciplinary approach using research. Provide affordable healthcare facilities to the benefit of the society,
The Mission of the college is to develop competent, confident, concerned, compassionate, and global-level professionals within a quality and evidence-based learning environment. It helps foster interdisciplinary research so as to get productive outcomes to find the solutions.
Why Study at LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune?
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune is among the most reputed homeopathy institutions in the state of Maharashtra. Students from various parts of the country as well as abroad come to pursue their degrees here. A few reasons to study here are:
- The College is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, and recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi.
- The course structure is updated as per the current happenings in the field.
- Faculty Members are experienced, qualified, and knowledgeable in the stream of homeopathy.
- The Institution offers state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities such as hostels, conference halls, classrooms, sports facilities, library, etc.
- The College runs a 25-bed homeopathic hospital where the students are given practical training.
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Admission
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune BHMS Course Admission Procedure is:
- Step 1: Visit the admissions section on the website.
- Step 2: The application form for BHMS is available there. You must fill up the form with your personal details.
- Step 3: Upload the documents required.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees and keep a copy of the completed form for reference in the future.
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS
To be eligible for admission to the BHMS Course, aspirants must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have completed 12th Class or PUC or any equivalent examination.
- He/She must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English as the main subjects.
- The aggregate score of the subjects must be around 50% for the General Category and 40% for the SC/ST/OBC Category.
- He/She must have written and qualified in the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Must be physically fit to undergo the course.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age on or before 31st December in the particular year of applying for admissions.
Documents Required for BHMS
The documents which you must bring along with you during the process of counseling are:
- SSC Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- HSC Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- HSC Leaving Certificate.
- MH-CET Marksheet.
- NEET Scorecard.
- Selection Letter issued by the Government.
- Gap Affidavit.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Caste Validity Certificate.
- Non Creamy Layer Certificate.
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune offers undergraduate-level Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS). The Course covers a duration of 5 and half years, which includes 4 and half years of academics and 1 year of internship. Students are taught about the homeopathic medical system, which includes treating patients with diluted homeopathic medicines in the form of liquid or tablet to boost the body’s natural healing mechanism.
BHMS Course Structure
BHMS Course is gaining a lot of popularity these days. The Program gives a comprehensive understanding of the various aspects of homeopathic medicine. Students are given exposure through clinical training and internship for 1 year. Some of the subjects taught in BHMS are:
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy.
- Pathology, Microbiology and Parasitology.
- Forensic Medicine.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Organon of Medicine.
- Practice of Medicine.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Community Medicine.
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Fee Structure
BHMS Course Fees
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune Fees for the BHMS Program are charged as per the rules and regulations set by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, as well as by the management of the college. Lokmanya Homoeopathic Medical fees differ according to the categories, and hostel fees are taken separately apart from the course fees. The Course Fees Structure for BHMS is given below:
|Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)||NA|
Payment Method Options
How to make the payment of course fees? Does the college accept online payments? These questions must be running through your mind. So, in order to reduce the burden on the parents and guardians, the College has given flexibility in paying the fees online. You can now choose any of the payment methods for paying the fees. Some of the payment options are:
- Demand Draft.
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card.
- Payment through UPI.
- Online Banking.
- RTGS/NEFT and so on.
The College awards scholarships to meritorious students belonging to the minority community. This financial incentive is available for both management quota and government admissions.
Training and Placements
Getting placed in a good organization is the dream of any BHMS student. The placement cell at LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune helps homeopathy students with their placements and internships. Training and grooming sessions are conducted as a part of placement activities.
Experts train students in the homeopathic field. Top organizations are invited on campus for placements. Written tests, Group Discussions, and Interviews are organized to shortlist the candidates. Healthcare companies offer them handsome salary packages.
The College provides extensive clinical training in Homoeopathic Medicine, General Medicine, Surgery, Gynaecology, Obstetrics, and other clinical departments in the YCM Hospital, Pimpri, and Homoeopathic Foundation.
Rankings and Affiliations
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune is affiliated with Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. The Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, and the Government of Maharashtra approve the BHMS Program. The ranking is good because of the state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities, course structure, faculty members as well as placements. Students are offered lucrative salary packages.
Some of the achievements of the institution are:
- Students participated in the Samarasta Sahitya Sammelan in both the literary and cultural events and won prizes in these events.
- AIDS Counseling Seminar was organized by the Faculty Members of the College.
- Blood Donation Camp and Homoeopathic Health Check-up camp were conducted on the Campus. Around 40 patients benefited and 20 donors donated blood to the blood bank.
- MUHS Conducted Exams in which Miss Falguni Ladwani won a gold medal in the FMT subject.
On Campus Facilities
The College Campus is located in Chinchwad, Pune, Maharashtra. The lush, green, landscaped campus provides the best ambiance to pursue the BHMS Course. The safety and security of the students is the utmost priority for the college. Pune is a young and vibrant city that is well-connected through various means of transport. Facilities available on campus are:
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune has arranged hostel accommodation for the female students on campus. The Mess is attached to the girls’ hostel. Rooms are spacious, well-ventilated, and airy. Each room is furnished with beds, study tables, and wardrobes. Boys are given accommodation in the nearby areas.
To encourage the students to participate in cultural, social as well as intellectual activities, students are asked to enroll in the gymkhana. The affairs of the gymkhana are managed by the Principal, Secretaries, and the elected students.
The Library is a knowledge hub of the College. It has a vast collection of books on homeopathy, study materials, reference books, and journals. There is a study room where the faculty members and students can study quietly.
Apart from the facilities above, the other facilities offered are:
- MUHS Facility.
- Study Tour.
- Conference Hall.
- Transport Facility.
College Contact Details
- Address: Near Elpro Company, Behind Prof R More Auditorium, Chinchwad, Pune 411033 Maharashtra.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Pune Airport: 21.6 km.
- Distance from Pune Railway Station: 18.0 km.
- Distance from Pune Bus Stop: 13.7 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to get BHMS admission at Lokmanya Homoeopathic Medical College?
To get admission to BHMS, aspirants must score 50% in Science Stream from a recognised board.
2. How much is the cut off for BHMS at LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune?
The cut off for BHMS Unreserved category is 50th percentile in LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune.
3. How many seats are there for BHMS in the College?
There are 100 seats for BHMS in the College.
4. What are the job profiles available to BHMS Graduates?
The job profiles available to BHMS Graduates are Private Practitioner, Public Health Specialist, Pharmacist and so on.
5. Can I do MD after BHMS?
Yes, you can do MD after BHMS.
6. How much is the duration of the BHMS Course?
The duration of the BHMS Course is 5 and half years.
7. LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune is affiliated to which university?
LMF Homoeopathic Medical College Pune is affiliated to MUHS, Nashik.
8. Is BHMS Course easy to study?
Yes, BHMS is said to be easier than other medical courses.
A small ask
I hope you are following my articles on the BHMS Colleges. If you find them interesting, like and share with your friends. Another help, kindly write a review about the college. Let us know your views and opinions. Post your review in the comments section below. You can become a changemaker in someone’s life. Thanks for your time and review!