Nepal Medical College Jorpati is located at Attar Khel, which comes under the Jorpati Village Development Committee, around 11 km from Kathmandu. It lies on the foothills of Gokarna Hill. It provides a peaceful and quiet environment for a medical college. The Campus comprises academic buildings, a library, hostels, and a teaching hospital. In my article, I will share details about Nepal Medical College Fees, Courses Offered, Placements, Rankings, etc.
Table of Contents
- Nepal Medical College Jorpati Overview
- Nepal Medical College Jorpati Admission
- Nepal Medical College Jorpati Courses Offered
- Nepal Medical College Jorpati Fee Structure
- Nepal Medical College Placements
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Nepal Medical College Jorpati Overview
The Institution was founded in the year 1997. Its peaceful and quiet campus is surrounded by the Gokarna Hills, and Safari Park on the banks of the Bagmati River. It comes under Kathmandu University, and the courses are recognized by the Nepal Medical Council. The course offerings are MBBS, BDS, B.Sc Nursing, and the post-graduate program.
|Name of the college
|Nepal Medical College
|Nepal Medical College, Attarkhel, Jorpati, Kathmandu, Nepal.
|Kathmandu University, Dhulikel, Nepal
|Nepal Medical Council
The mission of the College is to enhance the knowledge of healthcare professionals, who are compassionate, loving, and caring towards people across sections of society. To keep them updated with the latest medical and health sciences happen. To provide standard education along with scientific research in the field of medicine.
The vision of the Nepal Medical College Jorpati is:
- The Institution is a complete Nepali undertaking.
- It should become an independent health educational institution to impart education to undergraduate, graduate as well as post-graduate students across the globe.
- To help provide health care services to the people through its tertiary health care centers and community health care units.
- Conduct Epidemiological and Biomedical Sociocultural Scientific Research.
Why study at Nepal Medical College Jorpati?
Nepal Medical College Jorpati is amongst the top colleges in Nepal. The Institution is located at Attarkhel, which is around 11 km northeast of Kathmandu. You should pursue a course in college because:
- Nepal Medical College Fees for Indian Students are formulated as per the guidelines of the Nepal Government.
- It comes under Kathmandu University, and the courses are recognized by the Nepal Medical Council.
- The Campus comprises the College and the Teaching Hospital, accessible by the main road to the entrance.
- A modern and well-developed clinical laboratory with radiology, operation theatres, casualty services, ICU, NICU, ambulance services, and testing facilities.
- The faculties are knowledgeable, experienced, and research-oriented in the medical field.
Nepal Medical College Jorpati Admission
The admission procedure to get admission to the course offerings at Nobel Medical College Biratnagar is:
- Step 1: Go to the website’s admissions link for the courses.
- Step 2: Fill up your details on the Google form.
- Step 3: Upload the documents required according to your preferred program.
- Step 4: If you get selected, you will be called for the counseling process. Nepal Medical Counselling takes place once a year.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Programs
The Eligibility criteria for getting admission to MBBS Course for Nepali Students are:
- He/She should be 17 years at the time of getting admission.
- Aspirants must have finished 10+2 academic years of education or any Intermediate in Science or any equivalent.
- He/She should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. The subjects’ aggregate score must be 50% overall and 50% separately.
- Candidates should have completed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with any one of the science subjects to the ancillary level. He/She should have secured 50% in aggregate in the last qualifying examination.
Important Note for Indian Students
- Students from India must submit an Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi, for the Rs 500/-application form. Selection is done through an interview conducted by the Nepal Medical Council.
You must first satisfy the eligibility criteria for admission to B.Sc Nursing/BDS Course:
- He/ She should have attained 17 years.
- Students should have passed 10+2 Standard or intermediate level in Science with an aggregate score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English taken together and separately or a CGPA of 2.4. (or)
- He/ She must have finished the diploma or health science proficiency certificate level course with a minimum of 50%, and it should be registered with Nepal Health Professional Council, Nepal Pharmacy Council, or Nepal Ayurvedic Council, according to the preferred courses.
- Indian Students must have qualifying marks in the NEET UG examination and a valid certificate from the Medical Council of India.
Documents Required for UG Courses
Aspirants are required to bring along the following documents during the counseling process:
- 10th Class Marksheet or Passing Certificate.
- 12th Class Marksheet or Passing Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- Identification Proof Aadhar/Passport.
- Certificate of Domicile.
- Passport-size photos.
- NEET Marks Card.
- Certificate from Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Programs
Students who are looking to take admitted to the MD/MS course must satisfy the criteria mentioned below:
- He/ She must possess the MBBS Degree from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- Candidates should have a permanent or provisional registration with the Nepal Medical Council or must be registered with the Council of their respective country.
- Must have scored at least 50% in MBBS Course.
- He/ She should have passed the MECEE Entrance examination conducted by the country of Nepal as mandatory.
Documents Required For PG Programs
Candidates must get the documents given below during the time of admission:
- Original 10th and 12th Class Marksheets.
- MBBS Degree and Passing Certificate Transcripts in Nepali.
- Certificate of Registration from the respective Medical Council.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Conduct and Character Certificate.
- Certificate of Domicile.
- Citizenship Certificate like Aadhar/Passport etc.
- Recent passport-size photos.
Nepal Medical College Jorpati Courses Offered
Nepal Medical College Jorpati is among the best institutions offering undergraduate MBBS, BDS, B.Sc Nursing, and postgraduate MD/MS medical programs.
|Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|5 years 6 months
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|5 years 6 months
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc Nursing)
|Doctor of Medicine(MD)/Master of Science (MS)
Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery or MBBS is an undergraduate program for five years and 6 months, comprising 1 year of compulsory internship. The first two years emphasize basic medical sciences, with interdepartmental collaboration and community outreach. In the third and fourth years, they are taught about health management, community field experience, etc. The curriculum of the course is according to Kathmandu University.
BDS or Bachelor of Dental Surgery Course started in the year 2011. The course is for 5 years and 6 months, comprising 1 year of internship. It comes under the Kathmandu University and is recognized by the Nepal Medical Council.
- B.Sc Nursing
B.Sc Nursing is otherwise known as Bachelor of Science in Nursing. It is an undergraduate-level course for a duration of 4 years. It aims to nurture and develop the knowledge of nursing aspirants to carry out the roles of caregiver, manager, teacher, and educator in the country’s leading educational institutions. The program combines theoretical, practical learning, and clinical experience in the medical field.
Doctor of Medicine(MD)/Master of Science(MS) is a postgraduate course for a duration of 3 years. The program is taken to develop in-depth knowledge and skills in the field of medicine. It comes under Kathmandu University, and it is recognized by the Nepal Medical Council.
Various Departments of the Institution are:
I suggest one more college with a quality education in the medical field; check my detailed article on Lumbini Medical College Tansen.
Nepal Medical College Jorpati Fee Structure
Nepal Medical College Fees for the course offerings given by the institution are given below:
According to the rules and regulations of the Nepal Government and Kathmandu University, the fees are charged in the following categories:
- Nepali Students.
- International Students
- Non-resident students from Nepal.
- Students from India.
- SAARC Countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka).
- Other Countries.
Nepal Medical College Fees for Indian Students are charged based on the various categories mentioned by the institution’s management. For the convenience of the parents and the students, the course fees can be paid in four installments.
Scholarships are awarded to both Nepali as well as International Students. It is based on their academic performance. Financial assistance is given in monetary benefits. The aspirants are supposed to write the entrance examination, to become eligible for scholarships. After selection, you will become entitled to get money to support further studies.
Nepal Medical College Placements
The placement department of the Nepal Medical College, Jorpati, takes care of medical students’ internships and campus placements. Placement-centric activities such as seminars, conferences, workshops, and guest lectures are organized on campus. The students get placement with the best packages in the best hospitals in the country.
Rankings and Affiliations
The College is ranked among the top colleges in Nepal. It is affiliated with Kathmandu University, and the courses are recognized by the Nepal Medical Council. The ranking is good because it provides world-class infrastructure facilities such as hostels, canteen, library, indoor and outdoor sports, and other facilities. Top Hospitals and institutions are invited to the campus for on-campus and off-campus placements. Students get highly paid job offers in the best hospitals.
On Campus Facilities Offered
Nepal Medical College Jorpati is situated in Attarkhel, which is approximately around 11 km from Kathmandu. Its beautiful and serene environment provides the most conducive atmosphere to live and study. The location is connected to various modes of transport. Students from Nepali and also International Students are offered the best facilities given below:
Separate hostel facilities are arranged for the boys and girls within the campus. Each of the blocks is divided into rooms. The rooms are well-ventilated, comfortable, and spacious to accommodate two and three students at a time. Wardens are in charge of looking after the needs and requirements of the hostel residents.
Each of the hostel blocks has a mess or cafeteria attached to it. There is a very large dining area where the students can come and have their food. The menu comprises both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes prepared by experienced chefs. Health and well-being are given the utmost importance in the institution.
The hostel buildings and blocks have a high-speed internet facility along with a dedicated wifi, which has been installed by the IT Department of the college. Students can make use of the internet connectivity in their hostel rooms.
Research forms an important part of the academic curriculum in the institution. Faculty members mentor, guide and motivate the students to do evidence-based research work. The research activity is conducted through research forms, for policy formulation and decision-making.
College Contact Details
- Address: Attarkhel, Jorpati, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Distance from Tribhuvan International Airport: 6.9 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was Nepal Medical College Jorpati established?
Nepal Medical College Jorpati was established in the year 1997.
2. Where is the college located?
The college is located at Jorpati in Kathmandu.
3. Can I study MBBS in Nepal without NEET?
No, it is compulsory to qualify for NEET to study MBBS in Nepal.
4. Does Nepal Medical College Jorpati offer scholarships?
Yes, Nepal Medical College Jorpati offers scholarships.
5. Can I do an internship in India after completing MBBS in Nepal?
Yes, you can do an internship in India after completing MBBS in Nepal.
6. What is the duration of MBBS in Nepal?
The duration of MBBS in Nepal is 5 years and 6 months, which includes 1 year of internship.
7. Can Indian Students pursue MBBS abroad?
Yes, Indian Students can pursue MBBS abroad.
8. Is NEET score valid in Nepal?
Yes, according to the guidelines of the Nepal Medical Council, NEET Score is valid in Nepal.
A small ask
If you are alumni of the college or a student currently pursuing a degree here, I request you to write a review for us in the comments section below. Let us know your views and opinions about the institution. Your suggestions can help in making the future of an upcoming doctor.