Are you thinking about taking a course in Ayurveda? Which college should I go to? Does it have a good scope? So many questions coming to your mind right now. No worries, I am here to answer these questions. Ayurveda is a traditional Indian Medical System, which originated in India. It is based on the principle of preventive care. Karnataka has the best colleges which offer courses in Ayurveda. One of the top colleges among them is Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad.
Table of Contents
- Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admissions at Rajarajeshwari College
- Ayurveda Courses Offered
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Avenues
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic College Overview
The visionary behind the institution is Shri Basavraj H Patil. Hyderabad Karnataka Education Trust runs the college. It is among the best educational institutions in the city of Bidar. Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The courses offered are approved by the Ministry of AYUSH, the Government of Karnataka and the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM).
|Name||Rarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College, Humnabad|
|Address||NH-9, Veerbhadragiri, Sindenkera Cross, Humnabad, Bidar 585330 , Karnataka|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Ministry of AYUSH, Government of Karnataka, NCISM|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full time|
|Hostel||Both boys and girls|
The objective of the Trust is to develop the backward areas in the Hyderabad Karnataka region with quality education, development of skills and training them with courses, to make them self-sufficient. The other institutions which come run by the Trust are:
- Dental Hospital, College and Institution of Research.
- Polytechnic College.
- Shakuntala Patil Residential School.
- Pharma College.
- B.Ed College.
- M.Ed College.
Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College’s vision is to help the students with academic-based, holistic learning and complete personality development, so as to make the students ready for the competitive environment.
The Principal of the College is Dr Basavraj Devappagouda Nadagouda. The faculty at the college are well experienced and treat the patients as well as teach them about patient care. They are expected to keep themselves updated with Training Programs, Orientation Programs and write research papers in the top indexed journals. The students are made to inculcate in themselves the traits of self-discipline, integrity and also cultural diversity.
Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad has separate departments for each of the subjects. Various departments in the institution are:
- Rachana Shareera.
- Samhita Siddhanta.
- Shalya Tantra.
- Kaumrya Britya.
- Agadha Tantra.
- Kriya Shareera.
- Prasuti Tantra and Stree Roga.
- Shalakya Tantra.
- Dravya Guna Vigyana.
- Roga Nidan Evam Vikrti Vigyan.
Admissions at Rajarajeshwari College
Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad offers a bachelor’s program in Ayurveda (BAMS). The intake capacity of the students per year is 60. The admission procedure for pursuing the BAMS Course is as follows:
Step 1: You must visit the admissions section on the college website. The admission takes place on the basis of the NEET Examination.
Step 2: Fill out the enquiry form with your details and send it.
Step 3: If you are eligible to get admissions, the college admissions authorities will give you a call and inform you regarding the further processes.
Ste4: To know more, please go through the website.
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). It is a national-level entrance examination conducted for undergraduate medical courses in Colleges, Deemed Universities and also institutions which are recognised by the Ministry of AYUSH. The details about the NEET Entrance examination 2022 are given below:
|Online submission of Application Form||6 April 2022 – 6 May 2022|
|Last Date for Online Fees Payment||7 May 2022|
|Details Correction||To be intimated on the website|
|Admit Card Download||To be intimated on the website|
|Examination Date||17 July 2022 (Sunday)|
|Duration of the examination||200 Minutes ( 3 Hours 20 minutes)|
|Declaration of results||To be intimated on the website|
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
Students who are looking for BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery), must fulfil the eligibility criteria given below:
- Should have passed 2 years PUC Examination from a PUC Board in Bangalore or any other examination considered equivalent to conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology must be optional subjects. The combined score of the subjects must be a minimum of 50%. It must include a practical examination of each of the subjects.
- A student who has passed the Pre-professional examination in the field of medicine from any University is also eligible for admission.
- Any graduate who has Chemistry, Biology and Zoology is also eligible for admissions, only after producing a certificate of passing in Physics which is considered equivalent to the 2-year pre-university examination of Karnataka.
- For students who have Zoology and Botany as separate subjects, the marks scored in these subjects at the graduate level will be taken as marks of Biology.
- You need to fulfil any one of the above criteria with a minimum of 50% marks in the Science subjects namely Physics, Chemistry and Biology, in the qualifying examination or any other equivalent examination.
- Must have completed 17 years of age as of 31st December as on the year of admissions.
- Those students who have passed any other examination apart from the pre-university examination, He/she must submit the eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Documents Required for BAMS
The documents required at the time of taking admissions to BAMS are:
- Admit Card of NEET.
- Marksheet of NEET.
- 12th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 10th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- SC /ST/ Caste Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Category Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- College Leaving Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- 5 Latest coloured passport-size photographs.
Ayurveda Courses Offered
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College offers an undergraduate level course, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery or BAMS. The duration of the course is 5.5 years. It comprises 4.5 years of academic course and 1 year of internship. It is a program which is offered to aspirants who are looking to enhance their knowledge of the techniques and methods of Ayurveda.
Its primary focus is to give knowledge on the ancient methods of healing and treatments used previously by Ayurveda physicians.
BAMS course does not offer any specialisations. Students who wish to pursue a postgraduate course in Ayurveda namely MD Ayurveda or MS Ayurveda can choose from the various specialisations. Some of the specialisations that students can pursue from across Ayurveda colleges in India after completion of their BAMS degree.
- Sharira Kriya.
- Sharira Rachna.
- Padartha Vigyan.
- Rasa Shastra.
- Agad Tantra.
- Rog Vikriti Vigyan.
- Shalya Tantra.
- Shalakya Tantra.
- Charak Samhita.
- Rog aur Vikriti Vigyan.
- Prasuti and Stri Roga.
The faculties of Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad are highly qualified and experienced in their specialised fields. They help to mentor the students and help them to write research papers in the top national and international journals. The faculty members of the college are:
- Dr Ravikumar Chava – Dean/ Professor.
- Dr Srinivasasulu Jayanti – Professor.
- Dr Ramalingeshwar Rao Sriram – Professor.
- Dr Sanjeev Kumar Kadlewad – Professor.
- Dr Mythili Nalla – Reader.
- Dr Karunakar Rao – Professor.
- Dr Daneshwari S Gunari – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Channama – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Rekha – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Pooja – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Mallashree H – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Patil Smitha Irappa – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Vidyasagar – Assistant Professor and many more.
The Institution uses innovative teaching-learning methods for making the classes interactive and interesting for the students. Such methods help them in improving their subject understanding and also gaining knowledge. Various teaching methods which are used in the institution are:
- Lectures: A lecture is a traditional method of teaching where the faculty delivers the presentation with the help of teaching and learning aids. It involves active student participation. It is the oldest teaching method. It is a helpful method to use while making presentations of content to a large audience.
- Group Discussions: Group Discussions are amongst the most challenging, participative and rewarding teaching techniques. It helps in developing critical thinking skills. Larger groups are split into smaller groups and the tasks take place. Brainstorming is also another method to involve group participation.
- Case learning: In this method, the students work on case studies, to find solutions to real-life situations.
- Hybrid Learning: Hybrid Learning is a combination of classroom learning and technology. Online applications are used to make the class online. It is similar to creating an enriched classroom experience.
Program Fees Structure
The fees structure for BAMS at Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College is given below:
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)||–||5.5 years|
Payment Method Options
Which payment option should I opt for fee payment? Will it be safe to use these payment methods? I can understand. These are the questions which come to a parent’s mind as it involves money. But, nowadays for students’ convenience, the college provides different methods of payment. The methods for payment are:
- Internet Banking – It is a method which uses the bank website. You will need a good internet connection for the money transfer. Some of the methods of internet banking are RTGS, NEFT and IMPS.
- UPI or Unified Payment Interface – It is a payment method where you can transfer money from one person to another in just a click. It is among the most popular methods in digital banking.
- Bank Cards- Debit Cards and Credit Cards are also used for making payments. They are convenient, secure and easy to carry everywhere.
Medical education in India is very expensive and not affordable to everyone. Scholarships are awarded to benefit the students to take courses in medicine and make a career in the field. The colleges have their scholarships which are given on the basis of the marks scored. The selection of the students is based on their performance in academics as well as extracurricular activities.
Several Central and State Government Scholarships are granted by several government institutions, and government and private institutions give stipends, grants and scholarships. Some of the scholarships are:
- Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test.
- NSDL e-gov scholarship.
- Ayush Scholarship.
- Combined Counselling Board Scholarship.
- All India Youth Scholarship Entrance Examination.
The banks provide educational loans to students who are not capable to make the payment of fees. The loan is available at reasonable rates of interest. It is given for the purpose of taking up further studies in India or abroad.
Eligibility for getting a loan
The eligibility for getting a loan are:
- He/ She should be an Indian National.
- Must have got admission to the country or abroad in any professional or technical course.
- NRI students must get admission to a college as well as carry a passport for getting a loan.
Expenses covered in the loan
The following expenditure gets covered in the loan:
- Tuition fees.
- Hostel Fees.
- Library / Lab / Exam Fees.
- Caution Deposit.
- Book Purchases / Equipment and uniform.
- Purchases of computers and related equipment.
- Travel expenses.
- Other fees such as project work, study tours and so on.
Placements & Career Avenues
The placement department at the Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad is in charge of getting placements and internships for the students. The final placements take place at the end of the final semester. Before going for the placement interviews, the students are given training on communication skills, mock interviews and reasoning ability. Experts from the field of Ayurveda visit the campus and keep the students updated on the latest happenings in the field.
What are the job opportunities available to BAMS students? Which are the sectors where I can get a good job? These are a few questions which always run into the mind of a student. I will explain. In today’s world, Ayurveda has gained a lot of popularity in the last few years. The sectors which provide employment opportunities to BAMS students are:
- Pharmaceutical Companies.
- Government Hospitals.
- Private Clinics.
- Educational institutions.
- Ayurvedic Centres.
- Marketing and Sales Departments.
- Panchakarma Clinics.
- Health Resorts.
- Ayurvedic Spas and resorts.
Relevant Job Profiles
A career is an important decision in a life of a student. There are various companies, government and private hospitals and Ayurveda centres. Lots of job opportunities are available for BAMS Graduates. Some of the job profiles are:
- Ayurveda Physician.
- Medical Representative.
- Ayurveda Doctor.
- Assistant Professor or Lecturer.
- Sales Manager.
- Practitioner of Panchakarma.
BAMS Graduates can earn good packages based on their experience levels, job profiles and personal traits. It varies from private companies to government organisations. It can range from INR 4 LPA to INR 9 LPA. The packages which are available are:
|Minimum Package||INR 3 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 2 LPA|
|Maximum Package||INR 9 LPA|
The top recruiters for BAMS graduates are:
- Hamdard Laboratories.
- Zandu Ayurveda.
- Dabur India Ltd.
- Vicco Laboratories.
- Himalaya Wellness Ltd.
- Baidyanath Ltd.
- Patanjali Ayurveda.
- Surya Herbal.
- Charak Pharma Limited.
Courses after BAMS
BAMS Graduates who are looking to gain more knowledge in the field can go for the following courses:
- M D Ayurveda.
- M S Ayurveda.
- M D Ayurveda Panchakarma.
- Ph D Ayurveda.
Rankings and Recognitions
Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad is ranked among the top colleges which offer courses in Ayurveda. The institution is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The course is approved by the Ministry of AYUSH and NCISM. It is a good college, which is known for its infrastructure facilities, experienced faculties and course curriculum. The students get placements in top private companies, research institutions, Ayurveda centres and hospitals.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad is located on national highway 9, in a place called Veerbhadragiri, which is in the city of Humnabad. The lush green landscape and green environment is the most conducive place to study. Humnabad comes under the municipal corporation of the district of Bidar. It is the administrative headquarters of the place. It is well connected by rail, road and public transport.
Students are made to feel safe and secure within the campus. The facilities offered to students on campus are:
Boys and girls have separate hostel facilities within the campus. Each building is divided into rooms, where the students live and study. There are single rooms, double rooms as well as triple rooms. The rooms are well ventilated, spacious and clean. The hostel warden is in charge of safety and security.
A mess facility is provided for the hostilities. The food is made in modernized and well-equipped kitchens by experienced chefs. The health and well-being of the students are of prime importance to the college. The food is available at reasonable rates.
The library at Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad has a vast collection of reference material, textbooks on Ayurveda, magazines, and national as well as international journals. It has a reading room where the students and faculties can study in a calm and quiet environment. The students are issued books on their library cards. It is operational during college times.
The institution encourages the students to participate in and play various sports activities. There are grounds for cricket, football, volleyball and basketball. Indoor games such as chess, carrom and badminton can be played in the hostels.
The hospital facility is located on campus. It has OPD and IPD facilities. It caters to the healthcare of the people who are living in and around the college. The main purpose of setting up the hospital is to benefit the poor and needy people. The students get clinical training in the hospital. The Medical Superintendent of the hospital is Dr Basavraj Nadgaouda.
Each department of BAMS has its own lab. Here, the students are given practical hands-on experience during the practical sessions. This training helps in making them knowledgeable and well prepared for the future.
The conference hall is where the workshops, conferences and seminars take place. It has a seating capacity of 100 people. It is equipped with modern teaching aids and instruments.
College Contact Details
Address: NH-9, Veerbhadragiri, Sindenkera Cross, Humnabad Rural, Humnabad, Karnataka 585330.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 094480 23966.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which course is offered at Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College?
The college offers an undergraduate course, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS).
2. To which university is the institution affiliated?
The institution is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
3. Is the course approved?
Yes, the course is approved by the Government of Karnataka and the Ministry of AYUSH.
4. How much will I earn after completing the course?
The average package which you can earn after completing the course is INR 2 LPA.
5. Does the college have accommodation for students?
Yes, the college provides hostel accommodation for both boys and girls.
6. How much time is needed to finish BAMS?
The time needed to finish the BAMS course is 5.5 years.
7. Where do the BAMS graduate get placements?
BAMS get placements in Ayurveda Hospitals, Private Companies, Government Hospitals, Research Centres, Spas, Health and wellness centres and Hotel Industry.
8. Does the college arrange for education loans?
Yes, the college has tie-ups with banks which provide education loans at reasonable rates to the students.
9. What is the duration of the internship?
The internship is for a duration of 1 year.
10. What is the minimum age of getting admission to BAMS?
The minimum age for getting admission to BAMS is 17 years.
You can also go through my detailed post on another Ayurveda college by simply clicking and following the link below:
One Humble Ask:
Can I ask you for a small favour? I hope you can take some time out for it. If you are currently studying at Rajarajeshwari Ayurvedic Medical College Humnabad or are an alumnus, please write a review in the comments section. Your views can guide your future BAMS aspirants.