Does Ayurveda have a good scope? Will I get a good employment opportunity after the course? I can understand your dilemma and the afore questions mentioned rising inside you. I will answer all your queries. Yes, Ayurveda has a good lot of scope and nowadays, there are lots of jobs available for graduates in Ayurveda. The state of Karnataka has the best colleges for Ayurveda. In this post, I will give more detailed information about Krishna Ayurvedic College Sankeshwar.
Table of Contents
- Krishna Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admissions to Krishna Ayurvedic College
- Course Offered and Departments
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings and Achievements
- Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Krishna Ayurvedic College Overview
Sri Beereshwar Shikshan Sansthe is the trust which runs the college. It was founded around 18 years ago in the year 1998 – 1999. It is a well-known group of institutions in the city of Sankeshwar in Karnataka. The main purpose of the trust is to provide academic excellence to the younger generation. It helps in building capabilities and skills to help the community as well as the country.
|Name||Krishna Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital|
|Address||Krishna Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital, Sankeshwar, Behind Syrine Hospital, Old P B Road, Sankeshwar – 591313.|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Government of India, Department of AYUSH, Central Council of Indian Medicine ( CCIM ), New Delhi|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full time|
|Hostel||Both boys and girls|
The President of Krishna Ayurvedic College Sankeshwar is Dr Jayaprakash N Karajagi, the Secretary is Dr Santoshkumar S Khajjanavar and the Principal is Dr Manjunath S Gavimath.
The vision is to make progress in the field of Ayurveda, by producing exceptional professionals who have traits such as empathy, care and community development.
The mission of the institution is to groom healthcare students who are knowledgeable, caring and compassionate in the field. It aims to give them exceptional infrastructure, faculties and research facilities during their study.
Why Should You Pursue BAMS?
BAMS is an undergraduate course in the field of Ayurveda. It is among the courses which have gained a lot of popularity these days. The reasons to pursue BAMS are:
- Admissions to the program are based on the NEET examination which manifests the quality of this degree program.
- For those students who are looking at alternatives to medicine, BAMS is a course which is well recognised and well paid.
- After the completion of the course, there are lots of job opportunities which are available for graduates.
- You can pursue further studies by opting for courses like MD in any specialisation.
- You can also work as an Ayurveda doctor and consultant in other countries.
The library is the knowledge hub of any college. The Central Library is present in the institution. It has 1 reading hall and 4 reading rooms. There is a separate reading room for the faculty members. It has subscriptions to national and international journals. The facilities provided in the library are:
- Large collection of reference books and textbooks.
- Separate internet facility for faculty and students.
- Well-trained library staff.
- Scanning, xerox and video facility.
- Subscription to ebooks and journals.
Admissions to Krishna Ayurvedic College
The details regarding the admissions to the BAMS course are mentioned on the website. The steps to be followed are:
Step 1: Go to the Course and intake section. There is a link provided for downloading the application form.
Step 2: Once you click on the download, the application form will appear.
Step 3: Fill out the application form correctly with your personal details.
Step 4: Send the completed application form along with the documents and application fees to the college. The admission is based on merit basis. The number of students taken per year is 60.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
Krishna Ayurvedic College Sankeshwar offers a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery course i.e., BAMS. If you are looking for admission to the program, then you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Students who have passed 2nd PUC or 12th Standard from the State Board of Karnataka or anyother recognised college or university which is approved by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Must have obtained 50% combined score in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB).
- For SC/ST/OBC students, the combined score should be a minimum of 40% (For Karnataka students only).
- You need to qualify in the NEET examinations for All India Quota, State as well as Management quota.
- Admissions to the course will take place on a provisional basis from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Students from other states are required to obtain an eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
You are required to enclose the following documents along with the application form:
- SSC Mark sheet.
- SSLC Marksheet.
- Certificate of Income (if applicable).
- School Leaving/ Transfer Certificate.
- Certificate of Study.
- Migration Certificate.
- Aadhar Card Copy.
- Latest 5 passport-size photos and 5 stamp-size photos.
- Certificate of Domicile.
Course Offered and Departments
Krishna Ayurvedic College Sankeshwar is offering graduate level, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. It is also called BAMS. The duration of the course is 5 years and ½ years. It comprises both theoretical and practical training. There are 4 ½ years of academics and 1 year of compulsory internship.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine. It is an organised system of medicine, which includes preventive and curative care. It was found to be originated in our country. It looks into getting the balance between mind, body and soul. It is based on the principle that the disease is caused due to certain imbalances in the systems of the body.
The remedies or treatments usually start from following purifying the body with diet monitoring, yoga exercises, massages and therapy. Such techniques help to establish the balance between the mind and the body.
- Ayurveda is one of the ancient systems of healing.
- In recent times, the course has gathered popularity and is recognised around the world.
- Job openings are available for BAMS graduates in various sectors like education, research, hospitality and the healthcare industry.
- It is one of the most lucrative and well-paid fields.
Subjects in BAMS
BAMS is a course undertaken for a duration of 5 ½ years. It is structured in such a way, so as to provide an in-depth understanding of the various methods and techniques of treatment in Ayurveda. Some of the subjects which come under the course are:
- History of Modern Medicine.
- History of Ayurveda.
- Panchakarma Rasayana Anatomy.
- Pharmacology of Ayurveda.
During the BAMS course, the students are given in-depth knowledge about various subjects which are in the course curriculum. Each subject has a separate department, where they are given practical training in order to learn and gain more knowledge. The departments under BAMS are:
- Rachana Shareera.
- Kriya Shareera.
- Samhita and Siddhanta.
- Roga Nidana.
- Shalya Tantra.
- Dravyaguna vigyana.
- Agada Tantra.
- Kaya Chikitsa.
- Shalakya Tantra.
- Prasooti and Striroga.
- Swastha Vritta.
- Basics of Pharmacy.
Faculties play an integral part in any institution. They develop, nurture, train and mentor the students throughout the course. Each of the faculty members are well qualified, experienced and knowledgeable. The faculties of the college are:
- Dr Harshal S Kamate – Associate Professor.
- Dr Bharat Desurkar – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Pranit Patil – Associate Professor.
- Dr Rohini Kawale – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Shailendra Narendra Chavan – Associate Professor.
- Dr Ajith Tirmare – Assistant Professor.
- Mr Shripada Joshi – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Manjunath S Gavimath – Professor.
- Dr Onkar Hanashi – Associate Professor.
- Dr Priyadarshini Magadum – Assistant Professor and many more.
Program Fees Structure
The fees for the BAMS Course at Krishna Ayurvedic College Sankeshwar is given below:
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery ( BAMS)||–||5 years and 6 months|
Payment Method Options
What are the different methods of fee payment? Are these methods safe to make payments? These are some questions which come to the mind of any parent. It is because medical education is very expensive in our country. Here, the parents have to spend their earnings on children’s education. So, in order to ease the burden of the parents and to reduce wastage of time, the college provides a number of payment method options:
Debit or Credit Cards
These days all banks, whether nationalised or private, provide customers with debit cards. These cards can be used for doing transactions. Credit cards are also issued to people with business and large transactions. Both these cards can be used for online as well as offline transactions.
Google Pay/ Paytm
Both Google Pay and Paytm are application-based payment methods, in which the users can securely pay and receive cash. It can be used on android devices like mobiles, phones, systems and laptops.
A cheque is the most traditional way of transferring money. It is written proof of whether the money is credited or debited in the account.
Is the college providing scholarships to merit students? What is the procedure to earn scholarships? Before entering any good college, these are some questions which students ask the authorities in college. Yes, every college provides scholarships to its students. Generally, they are awarded these incentives to motivate and also help in providing financial assistance. The college selects deserving students to continue their studies as well as take up further studies.
Some of the scholarships which BAMS students are given are:
- Ayush Scholarship Scheme- This scheme is awarded to students who are looking to pursue education in the field of Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Siddha snd also Unani. It is given for graduate and post-graduate courses in Universities in India or Colleges or Institutions.
- National Education and Scholarship Test (NEST) – if you are currently studying 1st year or 2nd year of BAMS, you can apply for the scholarship.
- Pre-metric scholarships for Minorities.
- Post Metric Scholarships for Minorities.
- Merit cum means scholarships for professional courses.
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship.
Can I get an educational loan from the bank? How much amount of a loan will I get? What is the procedure for getting the loan? Children’s education has become a costly affair. It is the parent’s money which is put into educating their kids. Apart from it, the banks help in providing financial assistance to the students in the form of education loans.
The eligibility criteria for getting an education loan are:
- He/ She must be a citizen of India.
- Must have got admission to graduate/postgraduate or professional entrance through the admission process and must have got selected to the preferred college.
- NRI students – he/she must have a valid passport and also must have got admission to a college.
Quantum of Loan
The amount of the education loan is based on the needs of the students. There is no limitation on the amount of loan sanctioned to the students. For NRI students, the amount of loan which can be given is Rs 20 lakhs to Rs 30 lakhs in the top educational institutions.
Placements & Career Opportunities
The placements and training activities are looked after by the College Council at Krishna Ayurvedic College Sankeshwar. The council includes the Principal, who is the Chairman and the Head of Departments from each specialisation, who are its members. It is their duty to look after the placement and training activities, organize meetings and take general reviews on the academic research.
Scope of BAMS
- With the emergence of various lifestyle diseases and disorders, the BAMS course is gaining a lot of popularity among other courses within the country as well as abroad.
- The treatment does not have any side effects.
- There is a huge demand for Ayurveda doctors in India and across the world.
- Lots of job opportunities are available in different sectors like hospitality, hospitals, research institutions, colleges, and ayurvedic and wellness centres.
- You can also take up further studies and gain more knowledge in any specialisation.
Relevant Employment Sectors
A few years back, there were only a few options for BAMS graduates. Either they would take up further studies or open a clinic. But, nowadays, there are lots of opportunities provided across different sectors. The industries which make jobs available for BAMS graduates are:
- Private and Government Hospitals.
- Colleges and Institutions.
- Hotels industry.
- Wellness resorts and Spas.
- Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Insurance Companies.
- Life Science Industries.
BAMS opens various kinds of job profiles for graduates in different sectors. Some of the job profiles which are available are:
- Product Manager.
- Sales representative.
- Category Manager.
- Ayurvedic Doctor.
- Sales executive.
- Drug Manufacturer.
- Panchakarma Practitioner.
The salary package which any BAMS graduate can earn starts from INR 2 LPA. It differs from one industry to another. It is also dependent on the amount of experience in the fields. There is great demand for ayurvedic doctors in other countries. The pay abroad will increase once you are more experienced in the field. The salary packages of BAMS graduates are:
|Minimum Salary Package||INR 2 LPA|
|Average Salary Package||INR 2.5 LPA|
|Maximum Salary Package||INR 8 LPA|
The Top Recruiters for BAMS are:
- Dabur India Ltd.
- Emami Limited.
- Patanjali Ayurveda Ltd.
- Himalaya Wellness Limited.
- Surya Herbal Laboratories.
- Charak Pharma Limited.
- Vicco Industries.
- Apollo Hospitals.
- Taj Group of Hotels.
Rankings and Achievements
Krishna Ayurvedic College Sankeshwar is among the top-ranked college in Karnataka. It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The course is approved by the Government of Karnataka, the Ministry of AYUSH and the Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi. It is ranked good for infrastructure, faculties, course structure and hospital. The students get placements and internships in the top hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, research institutions, colleges and ayurvedic centres.
- BAMS Students got good results in the examinations. The toppers and rank holders were awarded by the college.
- Sakshi Kute won 2nd prize in the Padartha Vigyana Competition.
- Dr Chetan Honawade got felicitated as a corona warrior at a function held at Yallimunnoli.
- Ms Ravina M Benade and Ms Tejaswini V got grants for their research from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Ms Vaishnavi Kanagali, Ms Sana Naik and Ms Ravina Benade secured good rankings in the examination held by RGUHS.
The College is located at Sankeshwar. It is a small town in the taluka of Hukkeri, which is in the district of Belagavi. It is 50 km away from the Belgaum District. The green landscaped campus provides a quiet and serene environment to do studies. It ensures the safety and security of the students. Facilities which the institution offers are:
There are separate hostels for boys and girls. Each of the hostels is divided into a single room, double room and triple rooms. Each room can accommodate 2 to 3 students. It is fully furnished with an attached bathroom. Health and hygiene are maintained at high standards. Mess facility is common in both the hostels.
The girl’s hostel has a large dining hall with sitting arrangements. Mess expenses is charged separately from the students. Food is made by experienced chefs in modernised and clean kitchens. Various kinds of cuisines are prepared for the students.
A canteen facility is available for all the hostilities. It offers snacks, juices and beverages. It is open during college hours. It is a place where students meet to discuss the classes, do assignments and also study here.
Krishna Ayurvedic College Sankeshwar has common rooms for boys and girls. It is a place with facilities for recreation, yoga and a reading room.
Indoor and outdoor games such as cricket, football, volleyball, carrom, chess and basketball are available to the students. It encourages them to participate in inter-college and state-level competitions.
Health and well-being are the most important priorities of the college. An ambulance is available round the clock for the students and faculties. It is used in case of health emergencies on campus.
In the field of Ayurveda, it is required that you have knowledge about herbs. The campus has a herbal garden with medicinal plants. The faculty members take the students to the garden so that they come to know about the herbs and the medicines. It will help them to develop knowledge of how these herbs are used in ayurvedic treatments.
A modern well-equipped hospital with OPD and IPD facilities is available within the campus. The main purpose is to make healthcare facilities for the people living in the surrounding areas. The hospital has a separate panchakarma block.
Krishna Ayurvedic College Sankeshwar organises blood donation camps on a regular basis in nearby areas.
College Contact Details
Address: 7F8H+HJ7, Sankeshwar, Karnataka 591313.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone: 09886372642.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What course is offered at Krishna Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital?
The college offers a degree in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery BAMS.
2. How long does it take to finish the BAMS program?
It takes 5 years and 6 months to finish the BAMS program. It includes 1 year of internship.
3. What is the minimum age to apply for BAMS?
The minimum age to apply for BAMS is 17 years.
4. How many private colleges are there for BAMS in Karnataka?
There are 65 private colleges for BAMS in Karnataka.
5. What is the total number of seats for BAMS in private colleges?
The total number of seats for BAMS is 3950 in the private colleges.
6. How many seats are there in the NEET Counselling?
There are 2 rounds in the NEET Counselling.
7. I didn’t study Sanskrit in school, can I apply for BAMS?
Yes, you can apply for BAMS. Sanskrit will be taught in the 1st year of the course.
8. Which course can I study after the BAMS course?
You can do MD or MS in Ayurveda after the BAMS course.
I have one detailed post on another Ayurveda college which could be helpful for your information. Just click and follow the link below to go through my post on:
One Small Ask:
If you have passed out of Krishna Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital or you are doing the course, please write your views in the comment box. It will help the upcoming Ayurveda aspirants.