Many of you would be passionate about joining an Ayurvedic college and becoming Ayurveda acharyas to serve patients. It is always essential to explore various Ayurveda colleges across the nation to figure out which one is best for you. You can get help from our experienced team of assistance specialists at every step of the application process. Please get in touch with our prestigious staff as soon as possible if you need more information to select an Ayurvedic institution to attend. Let us now talk in detail about Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Belgaum. We hope that you find this blog post informative.
Table of Contents
- Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admissions to SS Ayurvedic College
- Course Offered and Departments
- Program Fee Structure
- Career and Placements
- Rankings and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Overview
The Indian subcontinent is home to ancient medical sciences such as Ayurveda. Ayurveda is derived from the words “Ayus” meaning “Longevity” or “Life” and Veda meaning “Knowledge”. Thus, Ayurveda is the knowledge of longevity. Many ancient scriptures such as Sushruta Samhita have in-detailed principles and procedures related to Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is gaining significance again recently as the youth are inclining towards reducing the burden of increasing lifestyle-related health ailments such as cancers and heart diseases. Lifestyle coaches across the globe are emphasising Ayurvedic principles to treat diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle. This reflects the increasing demand for Ayurveda acharyas in the health industry.
Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic Medical College Harugeri was established in the year 2008 under Shri S S Jambagi Memorial in the Belgaum district. The college offers BAMHS courses for qualified students to mould them into qualified Ayurveda acharyas.
|Name||Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic Medical College, Harugeri|
|Address||Athani Gokak Road, Harugeri-591220, Raibag, Belgaum District, State Karnataka|
|Principal||Dr Diwakar Papu Joshi|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved By||Ministry of Ayush and Central Council of Indian Medicine|
|Hostel||Separate hostel for boys and girls|
- The college is huge and built according to the guidelines of CCIM. The college infrastructure is advanced and helps students to excel in their academics.
- The college faculty is extraordinary in their fields and impart the best Ayurvedic knowledge to the students and helps them develop research capabilities.
- The Ayurvedic hospital on the campus premises serves rural masses solving their health issues. Students also tend to attend to these patients and learn the treatment methods and patient care practices.
- Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Belgaum offers holistic development in the areas of academics, sports and other extracurricular activities.
Why Choose SS Ayurvedic Medical College?
- The college is built on an area of 14.08 acres.
- It is a green campus with trees and plantations on the premises providing a peaceful learning experience to the students.
- The college has 14 departments with special facilities to impart Ayurvedic education to students.
- Experienced faculty are recruited by the campus who mentor students in academics.
- Every student is personally attended to by the faculty to solve their issues and develop them into professionals with a service attitude towards the country.
- Seminars, webinars and symposiums are organised by the college and are actively participated by the students.
- Esteemed guest faculty give presentations and interact with students.
- This provides a good learning experience for the students.
- The college has celebrated the 6th International Yoga day and Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav in which students and staff took part enthusiastically to make these events a grand success.
Admissions to SS Ayurvedic College
Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Belgaum enrols eligible NEET-qualified students into the BAMS course and imparts the best Ayurvedic education. Not just theoretical classes, the faculty at the campus also conduct practical and clinical sessions for the students. Students after the course completion choose various career or education paths.
|Courses Offered||Duration||Intake Capacity|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)||4.5 years of classroom programme along with a 1-year internship.||60|
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
- The applicant must be at least 17 years old as of December 31 of the academic year.
- Candidates who achieved at least a 50% pass rate in the fields of Chemistry, Physics, and Biology in 12th grade or an equivalent exam are eligible to apply.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10th Marksheet.
- 12th Marksheet.
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Score Card.
- Aadhaar Card or any other identity card.
- Passport Size Photos.
- The students should check their names in the All India Merit list. The qualified candidates can then attend the counselling sessions.
- For government colleges, the All India Quota (AIQ) seat counselling is handled by the Ayush Admissions Central Counselling Committee.
- For private institutions, the AIQ seat counselling is handled by the State or Central government-authorised entities.
- The State Government’s Counselling Authority is in charge of counselling for seats that come under the state quota.
- Students who participate in these counselling sessions are subsequently admitted to the specified colleges.
Course Offered and Departments
Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Belgaum is one of the premier ayurvedic colleges in Karnataka which emphasises the academic growth and moral development of the students. Recognised by the Central Council for Indian Medicine, it adheres to all its standards and strives to provide pioneer Ayurveda acharyas every year.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S)||5.5 years|
Any Ayurveda college will accept students who have the necessary NEET cut-off score to get into the BAMS programme. The five-and-a-half-year course curriculum includes a one-year mandatory internship, where students work in Ayurvedic clinics gaining insights into patient care and treatment methods. Students during the course learn significant Ayurvedic philosophies, plant herbal compositions, and therapeutic approaches.
Students have the opportunity to become Ayurveda acharyas, who work to advance public health, after the completion of the course. The college accepts both boys and girls into the B.A.M.S. course to guarantee equal chances.
|Prasuti and Stri Roga||
Program Fee Structure
|Programme||Fee (Govt. Quota)||Fee (Priv. Quota)|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery||Rs. 60,500||Rs. 2,00,500|
SS Ayurvedic Medical College has a BAMS program recognised by CCIM. Shri Siddhivinayak Rural Ayurvedic Medical College’s fee structure is comparatively less than other medical and paramedical courses, thus helping parents to facilitate their ward’s education easily.
Loans and Scholarships
But for some people, taking an Ayurveda course is still just a distant dream because of limited funding. As a result, these youngsters and parents should research available scholarships and student loan possibilities. The governments, Ayurvedic colleges, and NGOs each year announce scholarship programmes for meritorious and underprivileged students. Indian banks also offer interest-free or low-interest educational loans to deserving candidates.
Contact our top experts if you’re curious to learn more about loans and scholarships. They can provide you with first-hand knowledge of the several financial solutions available to students.
Career and Placements
Traditional medicine such as Ayurveda generally emphasises the natural cure of disease by following yoga, detox methods, special diets, massages and meditation. So, this kind of treatment method is becoming popular among the current generation because of its natural means. Also, people are living consciously by following healthy diets to avoid lifestyle disorders and increase their lifespan.
This change in trend has increased the demand for Ayurveda acharyas in the modern health and lifestyle industry. Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Belgaum offers a BAMS course after completion after which the graduates are declared Ayurvedacharyas. These graduates have great opportunities in the lifestyle market. So, let us see the educational and career opportunities for BAMS graduates.
There is a mandatory 1-year internship for the students to pursue after completing the first four and half years of the BAMS course. Students acquire practical and clinical knowledge while serving the patients during the internship. Only when you complete an internship, you’ll be eligible to opt for a master’s program.
M.D. in Ayurveda, MBA programme, and Master of Public Health are some of the master’s courses a BAMS graduate can pursue if he/she aspires to achieve a master’s degree. A master’s degree will provide better career opportunities and salaries to individuals.
- Ayurvedic Physician.
One can work as an Ayurvedic physician at a public or private hospital for a respectable salary. This job also provides respect in society and a good work-life balance. Ayurvedic physicians are recruited by these hospitals to cure patients using Ayurvedic therapeutic methods and drugs.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacist.
Plant formulations are medicines that are prescribed by Ayurvedic physicians. So, those who have earned enough knowledge of these drugs and their uses can work as Ayurvedic pharmacists in Ayurvedic medical stores. One can also set up an independent Ayurvedic drug store.
- Lifestyle Coach.
Lifestyle coaching is a new career that is booming in the current times. Many Ayurveda acharyas are now mentoring followers on social media like Facebook, Youtube and Instagram as lifestyle coaches. This offers huge remuneration to the graduates and is attracting many new followers to Ayurveda every day.
Research is an important sector in any field as it offers new findings that help in the growth of the field. Students with analytical and research skills can enrol on a PhD program in Ayurvedic institutions and help in the growth of this field. They will publish their findings in journals.
One can work as a professor for any Ayurvedic educational institution after completing a B.A.M.S. programme and teach undergraduates in a wide variety of Ayurvedic subjects. A better work-life balance, respect, and a competitive salary are all offered by this job.
- Clinical Practise.
Many BAMS graduates are inclined to open Ayurvedic Clinics in cities and villages to treat people. This is a kind of entrepreneurship and one can expect growth in this career path after gaining enough popularity for the services offered.
Ayurveda ashrams have existed since ancient times in India. They offer all the Ayurvedic health services and help in treating people with different ailments. So, these ashrams can recruit Ayurveda acharyas to provide health services.
- Top Recruiters.
Many Ayurvedic health companies like Himalaya Wellness, Patanjali Ayurvedic Limited, Dabur India Limited, and Surya Herbal Limited are the top recruiters of BAMS graduates.
Rankings and Achievements
Rankings reflect the college’s current and past performance in various sectors such as academics and non-academics. After considering the rankings and accomplishments of the desired college, students feel more secure in their decision to join it.
- Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Belgaum is considered one of the top Ayurvedic institutions in the state of Karnataka and is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- The institution has so far produced many Ayurveda acharyas who are at present serving the country. SS Ayurvedic Medical College has always tried to provide the best Ayurvedic education to students with moral and social values.
- Students are also provided insights into Ayurvedic research.
- Students from the college have excelled in the BAMS programme and attained notable positions in the Ayurvedic industry.
We present you with credible information on the rankings and major accomplishments of Ayurvedic colleges across the nation. This information will assist you in choosing the best Ayurvedic institution. So, get in touch with our knowledgeable team to get all the information you need about the college’s rankings and achievements.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The pharmacy of the college prepares 75 medicines to provide to the hospital. Students spent their time preparing medicines in the pharmacy.
In this department, students acquire research skills, cultivation methods, and harvesting of medicinal plants.
The library is an important aspect of any college as it allows students and faculty to gain more insights into various disciplines. The college library is spacious and offers students various textbooks on Ayurveda, journals, newspapers, and research articles.
Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Belgaum also has a digital library with online material. Students can conveniently access these books and learn from them. The library is open to both students and staff.
Ayurveda is fundamentally a science that focuses on the production of medicines from plant juices to treat disease and improve wellbeing. Therefore, each Ayurvedic college in the nation must maintain a herbal garden.
The herbal garden in the college is huge and harbours different species of medicinal plants. Students learn the physical medicinal properties of the plants during their visit to the herbal garden.
They also collect plant samples to prepare formulations and provide them to the patients in the hospital. This practice helps students to gain practical knowledge of preparing plant medicinal formulations.
The college’s campus comprises separate residences for boys and girls. The staff at the hostels take good care of the residents and solve all their issues while living on campus.
The wardens are in charge of maintaining the safety and security of the hostellers and helping in maintaining discipline on the hostel premises.
The hostel rooms are spacious and provided with a cot, fan, light and washrooms. The electricity and water are supplied to the hostels 24/7.
The college campus has a mess facility which serves food to resident students. Ayurveda gives prime importance to the food quality, source, and preparation method to enhance nutrient uptake by the body.
In line with these Ayurvedic principles, food is prepared and served hot to the students thrice a day. Students find the mess hall to be clean and hygienic.
Sports are the means to overall physical and mental development for any individual. The college resonated with this philosophy and encourages students to participate in various sports activities.
The college has a big playground. Students and staff play various outdoor games such as cricket, and Kho-Kho on this ground. There is an indoor game hall where students can spend some time playing games such as caroms, chess, etc. Students also win tournaments by actively playing these games.
Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College Belgaum hospital is fully functional and caters to the needs of the general public. It offers both IPD and OPD services. Students attend clinical sessions in the hospital and serve patients with care and affection.
College Contact Details
Address: Athani Gokak Road, Harugeri-591220, TQ: Raibag, Dist: Belgaum State: Karnataka.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Number: 08331-257112.
Students and parents are generally anxious about college admissions after the 12th standard. They find it difficult to research college and the facilities offered within a short time. Students should also consider various factors, like the location of the college, campus safety, hostel and mess facilities, food offered in the mess, faculty, previous rankings and alumni of the college, research activities of the college, playground and other amenities before joining the college.
Students should also understand the admission procedure and documents required to safely join a college. Students should also consider the placement opportunities and soft skill development courses provided by the college. This can be a taxing task for both parents and students.
We can assist you with the admissions process into the Ayurvedic college of your choice because we are aware of how time-consuming it may be. We also provide thorough information on the placement chances, Ayurvedic courses offered by the college, placement opportunities and course fee structure. We offer precise data to help students choose a better college for their studies. Therefore, please get in touch right away if you’re still eager to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the college have a herbal garden?
The college herbal garden has all kinds of medicinal plants. Students often visit herbal gardens to collect plants to prepare herbal formulations.
2. Is there a Hostel Facility at SSAMC?
SSAMC provides a separate hostel for boys and girls. The hostels are under vigilance and are well-maintained by the hostel staff.
3. What is the duration of the B.A.M.S course?
The B.A.M.S. course duration is five and a half years, including a one-year internship.
4. How many seats are offered in the bachelor’s programme in Ayurveda at SSAMC?
The intake capacity of the college for the BAMS course is 60.
5. Does the college have a library for students?
The college has a library with books, journals, and newspapers. It also has a digital library.
6. Is there a postgraduate course at SSAMC?
No, there is no postgraduate programme at SSAMC, Harugeri.
7. How is campus life at SSAMC?
The students are focused on academics and also actively take part in extracurricular activities.
8. How many departments are present in the college?
The college has 14 departments which deal with various branches of Ayurveda.
Want to get information on another Ayurveda college? You can click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Ask:
We will be delighted to know that you found our blog post reliable and interesting. Do comment with your thoughts below to keep us motivated. Also, if you are an alumnus of Shri Siddhivinayak Ayurvedic College, then we request you to mention your real-time experience studying in the college, in the comments below! Your information may help aspiring students to join the college and shine in their careers. So, please consider commenting below!