Welcome to my blog, folks! If you have been lately scratching your head pondering which college to join after passing school, then you have come to the right place. Having too many options often confuses students. Considering this dilemma of the students and their families, we are dedicated to simplifying the process of college hunting and making it less stressful and more enjoyable. And in case you are planning to make a career in the field of Ayurveda, then consider reading till the end. In this article, we will be discussing everything you need to know about SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal, one of the pioneer colleges in Ayurvedic studies.
Table of Contents
- SGV Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admissions to SGV Ayurvedic College
- Ayurveda Course Offered
- SGV Ayurvedic College Departments
- Program Fees Structure
- Career and Placements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- Rankings and Recognitions
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
SGV Ayurvedic College Overview
SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal was established in the year 1996-1997 in Belgaum district in Karnataka. It is a private institution that is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences and has been recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine. The college stands on a vast area of 15 acres.
College Key Highlights
|Name||SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal|
|Address||S. G. V Ayurvedic Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Bailhongal – 591 102, Belgaum District, Karnataka.|
|Affiliated To||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)|
|Recognised By||Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi.|
|Approved By||Department of Ayush, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi.|
|Chancellor||Sri Thawar Chand Gehlot, Honorable Governor of Karnataka|
|Study Mode||Full Time/Regular|
|Hostel||Both Girls and Boys|
- The institute has the vision for providing benefits and medical facilities to the people of rural India with permission granted by CCIM New Delhi and Govt. of Karnataka. It is dedicated to improving the health of village people by enhancing the quality of medical facilities available to them by regularly organizing health check-up camps and distributing free-of-cost medicines to the village patients.
- SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal aims to combine modern technological advancements in medical science with Ayurveda wisdom
- The institute hopes to become recognized as the leading centre for Ayurvédic education and healthcare by providing its students with top-notch education and training which will help them make their place in the world of Ayurveda.
- The institute is dedicated to providing high-quality infrastructure to its students by providing them with an environment where they can study and learn effectively and have a strong understanding of Ayurveda.
- The institute aims to preserve the ancient knowledge of Ayurveda by spreading its principle of “Health For All” through its students. The institute is on a mission of enhancing the health care facilities accessed by the people of rural India by constantly working on improving them.
Why Choose SGV Ayurvedic College?
- SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal is currently one of the top colleges to study Ayurveda and traditional medicine.
- Its vision and dedication to becoming a leading centre in Ayurveda have made it stand out from all other similar colleges.
- The institute is on a mission of producing strong Ayurvedic professionals who can make a mark in the health care system.
- The institute has formulated a stringent policy against ragging on campus. It has an anti-ragging community who are there to help freshers and juniors in case of such events.
- The community regularly conducts seminars and meetings for the students to make them aware of the consequences of ragging.
- Any such illicit behaviour which may result in traumatizing the students or anyone on campus is highly condemned and is considered a serious offence.
- The institute is built on an extensive area of 15 acres and is located at an accessible location with it being at a distance of barely 50kms from the railway station and bus stands which are in Belgaum.
- This helps the students and other commuters to easily commute to college.
Experienced Faculty and Staff.
- SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal has an outstanding team of experienced faculty members and staff who have strong knowledge and understanding of Ayurveda and its concepts.
- Some of them have also been professionals in the world of Ayurveda for years.
- The professors at the institute have years of experience in their fields and have a unique way of teaching concepts to students.
- They are extremely helpful to the students and are always down to clear their doubts and confusion.
- The institute boasts of huge infrastructure which spanned an area of 15 acres.
- It houses all the amenities and facilities required by the students such as a separate hostel for boys and girls and a well-equipped laboratory with advanced equipment as per CCI norms.
- A cafeteria for students and its staff, a library with an extensive collection of study materials and journals, sports facilities, a herbal garden, auditoriums, well-furnished classrooms, lecture halls, audio-visual rooms, pharmacy, hospital for inpatients and outpatients, ambulance, and transportation.
Unique Herbal Garden.
- The institute boasts of a beautiful herbal garden that is spread over an area of 5 acres.
- It has over 3000 varieties of herbal plants and medicinal herbs which can be of practical use.
- SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal has a top priority for the safety of its students.
- Special care has been taken to ensure that the security of the students on campus is well ensured.
Admissions to SGV Ayurvedic College
The college provides a single course on Ayurveda which is BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery).
How to Apply?
- SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal takes admission to BAMS through the NEET scorecard.
- Therefore, candidates are required to visit the official website of NEET for updates on registration and exam.
- Once the registration for the NEET exam has started, candidates will be required to visit their official website and fill out the application form.
- For filling out the form, they need to have an active email id and a mobile number in case of any communication.
- Candidates will then be required to upload the necessary documents in the required format and size.
- Once this is done, the candidates will be directed to a payment gateway where they will have to pay the application fee,
- After this, the candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form.
- After the declaration of the NEET results, the candidates will then have to visit the college for further admission procedures.
BAMS Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be at least 17 years of age and at most 25 years of age on or before 31st December at the time of admission to the BAMS program.
- However, in the case of candidates belonging to the reserved categories like Scheduled Castes (SCs)/Scheduled Tribes (STs), Other Backward Classes (OBCs), and candidates belonging to the PwD(Person with a disability) category, the upper age limit can be relaxed by 5 years.
- The candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in their 10+2 or any examinations equivalent to it from any recognized Board with Chemistry, Physics, and Biology as compulsory subjects.
- In the case of the general category, it is a minimum of 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology taken together. However, in the case of candidates belonging to the reserved categories like Scheduled Castes(SCs)/Scheduled Tribes(STs), Other Backward Classes(OBCs), the minimum marks are kept at 40% and in the case of candidates with a disability, it is kept at 45% in Chemistry, Physics and Biology taken together.
Admission to BAMS is done either through ranking in an entrance exam called NEET or based on merit.
- NEET or National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test is an entrance exam conducted every academic year by NTA ( National Testing Agency to provide admissions to all the medical institutions in the country at the undergraduate (UG) level.
- The candidates are required to secure minimum marks at the 50th percentile to secure admission to any undergraduate degree program in the NEET examination.
- In the case of candidates belonging to the general category, it is 50th percentile. However for candidates from reserved categories like Scheduled Castes(SCs)/ Scheduled Tribes(STs), Other Backward Classes(OBCs), it is required to secure a minimum mark at the 40th percentile and in the case of candidates with a disability, it is kept at 45th percentile.
- An exception can be made to the above-said percentiles if in any academic year a sufficient number of candidates belonging to a respective category fail to secure minimum marks in the said entrance exam for admission to undergraduate courses. The National Commission for the Indian System of Medicine can decide on lowering the minimum marks for that respective category only in consultation with the government of India only for that academic year.
- The All-India common merit list and State-wide merit list of eligible candidates are prepared based on the marks obtained in the NEET examination, and the candidates from the said merit list shall be considered for admission to UG courses.
Documents Needed for BAMS Admission
- NEET rank Certificate as released by NTA.
- 10th or SSLC transcripts or marks card.
- 10th or SSLC pass certificate.
- PUC or 10+2 or HSC transcripts or mark sheets.
- PUC or 10+2 or HSC pass certificate.
- Caste certificates, if applicable.
- Conduct & Character certificate sent directly from the institution the candidate last studied.
- Transfer certificate or leaving certificate issued from the institute the candidate last studied.
- Migration certificate (applicable only to non-native students; Karnataka students are exempted).
- Physical fitness or medical certificate.
- Income certificate (if any).
- A compulsory eligibility certificate from RGUHS is applicable only to non-native students; Karnataka students are exempted).
Ayurveda Course Offered
The college offers only one course on Ayurveda which is the BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) Degree Course.
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Intake Capacity: 60
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is an undergraduate course that provides deep knowledge and training in Ayurveda and Ayurvedic medicines. It is a 5.5-year UG program that deals with the study of the integration of traditional Ayurveda with modern science. A complete 1 year is dedicated towards internship and training.
Duration of the Programme
- It is 5 years and 6 months.
- The first 4 years and 6 months of the course are the main courses while the last 1 year is an internship or a clinical course.
- The main course is divided into 4 phases.
- This course aims to produce professionals who have a strong foothold in the concepts and principles of Ayurveda and its fundamentals.
- The course has active practical training for students to make them ready to enter the health services of the country.
|First Year||12 months|
|Second Year||12 months|
|Third Year||12 months|
|Fourth Year||12 months|
BAMS Course First Year
|Subjects||Marks||Number of Papers|
|Padartha Vigyana Avum Ayurveda Itihasa||200||2|
BAMS Course Second Year
|Subjects||Marks||Number of Papers|
|Agada Tantra & Vyavahara Ayurveda||150||1|
|Rasashastra & Bhaisajya Kalpana||400||2|
BAMS Course Third Year
|Subjects||Marks||Number of Papers|
|Prasoothi Tantra & Streeyoga||300||2|
|Roganidhan Vikruthi Vigyan||300||2|
BAMS Course Fourth Year
|Subjects||Marks||Number of Papers|
|Research Methodology & Medical Statistics||100||1|
SGV Ayurvedic College Departments
|Prasooti and Striroga||
|Sanskrit, Samhita, and Siddhanta||
|Rognidana and Vikriti Vijnana||
|Rasashatra and Bhaisajya Kalpana||
|Agada tantra and Vyavahara Ayurveda||
Program Fees Structure
The fees of the college for the BAMS course are not fixed and are subject to changes every year. Therefore, it is recommended for the students to visit the admission department of the college for the latest fee structure of the course. The fee structure is also usually mentioned in the admission prospectus of the college.
|Course||Fee (Govt. Quota)||Fee (Priv. Quota)|
|BAMS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery )||Rs. 60,500||Rs. 2,00,500|
If you are facing a financial crunch then education loans can be extremely helpful as they cover all the expenses of a student’s education at a lower rate of interest. After the student has graduated from college and has secured a good job, he/she can always pay off the loan.
There are certain scholarships provided at the college, some of which are government aided and some are from private organizations. Some of these are:
- SC/ST Scholarships.
- Meritorious Scholarships.
- National Loan Scholarships.
- Scholarships to the dependents of service personnel.
However, you can always inquire about this in detail at the admission department of the college.
We recommend you to inquire in the college if you face any doubts or you can always feel free to contact us if you are in confusion . Our team is quick enough to take action and provide you with the relevant information.
Career and Placements
Students graduating with a BAMS degree can find numerous job opportunities in a number of fields today. The placement scenario in BAMS has changed a lot in the last few years. Now, the graduates in BAMS are in huge demand and have lots of options before them to choose from. With the rise in public awareness of the goodness of Ayurveda, there has been a huge demand for Ayurvedic professionals not only in India but also in foreign countries.
Relevant Job Sectors
With the growing demand for Ayurvedic professionals, graduates can choose to work in a number of industries/areas. Some of these are
- Health care industry.
- Education industry.
- Medical Tourism industry.
- Life Science industry.
- Pharmaceutical industry.
- Government/Private hospitals.
- Panchakarma Ashram.
- Research institutions.
- Ayurvedic and health resorts.
Few Top Recruiters
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited.
- Zandu Pharmaceuticals Works Limited.
- Emami Limited.
- Surya Herbal Limited.
- The Himalaya Drug Company.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Classrooms & Lecture Halls
- For learning concepts, the classrooms are built in such a way that the students can study and concentrate in a peaceful atmosphere amid nature.
- The lecture halls have all the required fittings and amenities as per CCI norms. Efforts are constantly being made by the institute in providing a calm atmosphere that is conducive to learning new things.
- SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal has a huge auditorium with a seating capacity of 200 people. All the guest lectures and seminars are conducted here.
- Any extracurricular activities or felicitations of meritorious students and college graduates are also done here.
- The college has a spacious library with separate seating spaces for boys and girls.
- The library has an extensive collection of books and international and national journals.
- SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal is soon planning to add a section for the digital library.
- The museum is equipped with all the charts, specimens, models, and preserved specimens as per norms by CCIM.
- This is a place where students get to learn and explore new things.
Audio Visual Room
- The college also provides the facility of audio-visual rooms which are used to organize guest seminars or inter-department lectures.
- They are equipped with computers and projectors for smart learning purposes.
- The college has a food court or a canteen which serves delicious varieties of foods to its students.
- It is usually a place for relaxation and enjoyment for students.
- The food is prepared in a hygienic environment in such a way that it tingles the taste buds of the students without compromising on its nutritional value.
- The college has a huge outdoor playground for sports and extracurricular activities.
- It plays equal importance to non-academic activities as it gives to academics and encourages students to participate in such activities for their overall development.
- It has various clubs for extracurriculars as well as for sports-related activities like cricket, football, volleyball, badminton, throwball, etc.It even has an athletic track and facilities for indoor games.
- The college provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- The rooms provided are spacious and comfortable with all the basic amenities required by the students such as bed, cupboard, study table, bathrooms, etc.
- A warden is assigned separately to girls and boys who are in charge of the safety and security of the students.
- There is also a dining hall that serves nutritious food prepared for students with utmost hygiene.
- The college has a highly advanced laboratory which is well equipped with modern types of equipment.
- It is used to conduct practicals or examinations under the guidance of an experienced lab technician.
- However, it can also be open to the general public for diagnosis purposes with minimal charges.
- There are a total of eight OPD departments working from 10 in the morning till 5 in the evening.
- For the indoor patients, there are a total of 150 beds. Individual wards have their attached washroom. Additionally, there are adequate provisions such as the doctors’ and nursing rooms, along with a separate room for the interns.
- A separate Operation Theatre block harbours a major and a minor OT, labour room, neonatal care room, autoclave unit, recovery room (2 in number), nursing staff room, interns’ room, and resident doctors’ room.
Rankings and Recognitions
SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal has been ranked as one of the top colleges for Ayurvedic studies in Karnataka state.
- It is a private institution that is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences.
- SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal has been recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine.
- As far as students are concerned, Ms Shraddha and Pooja have been able to score exceptionally high marks in their finals. Their university ranks are 18th and 35th respectively.
College Contact Details
Address: Bailhongal, Belgaum District, Karnataka.
- Contact No.: 08288-29428.
- Email: email@example.com.
Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions in a student’s life as it’s that one thing which decides the trajectory of his/her career. Hence, it is often an overwhelming decision to take for the student and their family. Lots of research goes into selecting the right college that offers the desired course to its students along with other facilities.
We understand your concern. Keeping this in mind, we are trying our best to curate blogs that offer you all the information that you need for a particular college. Our team of experienced professionals try to bring you information as authentic as possible. Therefore, in case you feel stuck or need more information on something about a particular college, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We would be happy to help!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal government or private?
It is a private college.
2. What courses are offered at the SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal?
Only one course is offered at the college which is BAMS.
3. Is there an accommodation facility at the SVG Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal?
Yes, the college provides separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
4. How is the environment at SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal?
The environment at the college is safe, peaceful, and secure for the students with all the required amenities provided by the college authorities.
5. What are the facilities provided at SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal?
There are various facilities provided at the college such as hostels, gyms, canteen, libraries, sports, auditoriums, transportation, and medical facilities.
6. Is there an anti-ragging policy at SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal?
The college has zero tolerance for ragging or any illicit behaviour which is directed toward harassing the students. It has formulated strict policies against it and has serious punishments for such offenders.
7. Is there a herbal garden at SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal?
Yes, there is a herbal garden at the college housing more than 3000 varieties of medicinal herbs and plants.
8. Is a transportation facility provided at SGV Ayurvedic Medical College Bailhongal?
Yes, the college provides transportation facilities to its students.
If you still feel to gather information about another Ayurveda college, you can click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Ask:
Thank you, dear reader, for reading till the end of the blog. Although we have tried to collate all the information that we could in this blog, you can always add your reviews in the comments section if you have ever been associated with the college. This may seem unnecessary at first glance but it will help our upcoming Ayurvedic professionals to take better decisions when selecting this college. Thank you!