Being a student it’s quite a tedious task to understand which college would be best for them depending on various aspects like location, budget etc. If you are a physiotherapy aspirant and looking for a good college to pursue a degree in BPT, then you have come to right place. SB college of physiotherapy Bangalore is one of the top private BPT colleges in Karnataka. I have posted information based on my research through colleagues, peers, students and friends. Read further to know more about the college’s admission process, fee details, courses, placements, reviews etc.
well-known college, which is SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Admission Procedure 2022-23 at SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
- Placements at SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- On Campus Facilities
- Departments and Research
- Career & Future Scope
- How to reach SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
- Frequently Asked Questions
SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
SB College of Allied Sciences is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is also recognized by the state of Karnataka. It is among the well-known colleges which give trained paramedical students who help the doctors in the colleges, clinics, and hospitals throughout the country and around the world.
To keep pace with the technological changes in the healthcare field, there is an increasing demand for health professionals, who are having a team approach towards illness cure as well as life sustainability.
These Allied Healthcare professionals have expertise in the prevention of disease transmission, diagnosis, treatment as well as rehabilitation of people of all ages. They along with the help of technical and support staff help in caring for the patients, rehabilitation, treatment, diagnostics as well as improvement of health interventions for helping to maintain optimal physical, psychological, social, and cognitive functions. The college is located at C A Site No 21,5th Phase, KHB Colony, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore 560064.
SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore offers graduate-level courses, Bachelor of Physiotherapy or BPT.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy at SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is also called BPT. It is a full-time course for a duration of four and half years. It includes six months of internship. Physiotherapy is also known as Physical Therapy. It is a branch of rehabilitative medicine. It mainly focuses on using physical therapy for massages, physical movements as well as exercises that help in improving and curing injuries, diseases, and deformities with the help of diagnosis, examination, assessment, and rehabilitation.
The course subjects for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy are:
- Basic Nursing.
- Orientation to Physiotherapy.
- Integrated Seminars.
The selection of the candidates for the course is based on merit and also if the eligibility criteria are fulfilled:
- Must have passed two years Pre-University Examination conducted by the Department of Pre-University Examination of the state of Karnataka. The optional subjects include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the English language. The candidate must pass the subjects separately also. Or
- Must have passed any other examinations conducted by the Boards/Councils/Intermediate examinations which was established by the State/Central Government and which is recognized as equivalent to the two years Pre-university Examination conducted by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences or Association of Indian Universities with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as optional subjects. These subjects must also be passed separately. Or
- Must have completed a Pre-university course with Vocational Physiotherapy as an optional subject to become eligible for admission to Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
The minimum marks required for BPT are:
- For getting admission, the candidate must have passed subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English separately. The combined score of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English must not be less than forty-five percent.
- With respect to candidates belonging to SC/ST/Category I, the combined score of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English taken together must not be less than forty percent.
- A candidate who is looking to take admission to BPT must have completed seventeen years of age as of 31st December in the year of admission.
- Each candidate should submit to the Principal of the college, a Medical Fitness Certificate from an authorized Government Medical Officer, stating that he/she is medically fit to undergo the course.
Documents that are required to be produced during admissions to BPT are:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet.
- 10th Standard Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Mark sheet.
- 12th Standard Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Aadhar Card Copy.
- Identification Proof (Driving License/Passport/PAN Card/Voter’s ID).
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Recent photographs.
Admission Procedure 2022-23 at SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The details regarding the admission procedure for the various courses are available on the website. Please fill out the application correctly and pay the application fees online or you can call me or leave a message in the comment box. I will revert soon.
SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
To know more details about the courses and fee structure, you can call me or write to me. I assure you that I will get back soon.
Placements at SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore provides placement assistance to all its students. It has got a placement cell that conducts seminars, conferences, and workshops for the students, in order to make them industry-ready. They are groomed in interpersonal skills, soft skills, and communication skills.
On Campus Facilities
SB Group of Institutions finds its place in the serene, beautiful, and mesmerizing Yelahanka. The students are made to feel safe and secure in the place, where they are away from their hometowns.
The facilities available to the students are:
Hostel Accommodation at SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore has separate hostels for boys and girls. Each room is spacious, airy, and well ventilated. It is furnished with Beds, a cupboard and a study table. It is a conducive atmosphere for studying well.
Mess/Canteen at SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There is a separate dining hall where the students can have their meals. The students get different kinds of cuisines based on their requirements. It provides clean and healthy food to the students on its campus.
The library is the source of knowledge for any institution S B College of Physiotherapy library comprises a vast collection of reference books, journals, and national and international journals. There is a reading room where the faculty and students can read in a quiet place.
The institution has got buses that go to and fro from the college to the hostels as well as to the clinical postings. The transport is available at a reasonable fee which is charged by the college.
A conference hall is a place where the seminars, workshops, and cultural activities of the college take place every year. The college believes in the personality development of the students through indoor and outdoor activities.
SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore has got well-qualified and experienced faculties who mentor and guide the students throughout the duration of the course.
Departments and Research
The Departments which come under the SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore are:
- Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma
- Department of Arthroplasty.
- Department of Arthroscopy and Sports Injuries.
- Department of Musculoskeletal Oncology.
- Department of Spine Surgery.
- Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics.
- Department of Health Information Management.
- Department of Occupational Therapy.
Research also plays an integral part in academics as the students are encouraged to write and publish research papers with the guidance of the faculties. It helps them in enhancing their knowledge and also getting them inclined toward developments in the field of Research and Development.
Career & Future Scope
Job Profiles after completing BPT
Physiotherapy is a branch of the Allied Health Sciences with an immense number of opportunities that are available in the country and around the world. Different job profiles which are available after completing BPT are:
- Sports Rehabilitator.
- Private Physiotherapist.
- Chief Physiotherapist.
- Therapy Manager.
- Medical Coder.
- Research Assistant and so on.
Countries having opportunities for BPT graduates
The countries where job opportunities are available for BPT Graduates are:
- South Africa.
- Abu Dhabi.
How to reach SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
SB College of Physiotherapy is located at Yelahanka. Different forms of transport like buses, trains, auto, metro trains, etc. are available to reach the campus. The various ways in which you can reach the college are:
|Means of Transport||Distance||Time|
|1. Car via NH 44||23.6 km||43 minutes|
|Via NH44 and Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute Road||27.3 km||46 minutes|
|2. Bus||24 km||1 hour 35 minutes|
I hope that I have given you relevant information about SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. It took a lot of time to gather information from the students and faculties. I have researched the college both online and offline. The college has got excellent infrastructure facilities and experienced faculty members to train and mentor the students throughout the course duration.
If you still have any more questions regarding admissions, courses, fee structure, and so on, please call me or write to me in the comment box below. I will respond to you at the earliest. To know more, visit http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is a better course to choose BPT or BAMS?
Both BPT and BAMS are two different kinds of courses in the medical field. Each of them is unique in terms of the course and the future scope. It depends entirely on what you want to choose as your career. But, according to me, BPT is better because it has got wider scope, continuous training, and future prospects.
2. What is the scope of physiotherapy in India?
Yes, Physiotherapy has got a good scope in India. Physiotherapy or Bachelor of Physiotherapy is an undergraduate course that deals with the structure of the human body. The duration of the course is four and a half years, which includes an internship of six months. It involves treating the patients with physical forces like heat, electricity, and mechanical pressure.
3. What are the options available after completing BPT?
After completing BPT, you can do your master’s degree and if you are looking at further studies, you can go for Ph.D. You will become a medical professional after you finish your master’s degree.
4. How many years do I need to study to become a physiotherapist?
Firstly, at the undergraduate level, Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a course for a duration of four and half years including six months of internship. Secondly, at the postgraduate level Master’s in Physiotherapy is a course for a duration of two years.
5. What are the basic qualities for pursuing BPT Course?
BPT students need to have a good understanding of academics. The basic qualities which are required for pursuing a BPT course are: Having a good understanding and knowledge of the basics, concepts, and values, in order to help you in becoming a physiotherapist. Analysis and remembering about human anatomy. Practicing the simplest techniques in physiotherapy. Willing to work as interns in hospitals, where there is lots of learning with the help of the patients and solving their problems. Lots of patience is required while analyzing and discussing the problems with the patients.
6. Can I get a government job after completing the BPT course?
Yes, you can get government jobs after completing your BPT. The organizations where you can find a government job are: Rehabilitation centers. Government hospitals. Mental health centers. Colleges and Universities.
7. I have completed my 12th Board with PCM as a core subject. Am I eligible for the BPT course?
No, you are not eligible for the BPT course. For doing BPT, you must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a minimum of forty-five percentage marks.
8. What is the average course fees for Bachelor of Physiotherapy?
The average fee for doing a Bachelor of Physiotherapy is eighty-five thousand rupees to around five and a half lakhs yearly.
9. I have failed the NEET entrance examination. Can I still apply for BPT?
Yes, you can apply for the BPT course because NEET scores are not required for getting admission to BPT. But, each college conducts separate entrance examinations which you are required to write and qualify, in order to get admission.
10. Is it very difficult to get work as a physiotherapist?
No, it is not difficult to get work as a physiotherapist as it was a few years back. Physiotherapy has become very popular and physiotherapists are in huge demand in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and private clinics. It has gained lots of acceptability and acknowledgment from the general public.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of SB College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.