|Apply for Admission 2022-23||Apply Now|
Hello all! Welcome back to my posts on the top B.Sc. Nursing Colleges in Karnataka. I hope you are going through my posts and finding them useful for you. Entrance examinations are going to start for the various streams. It’s important for you and your parents to decide about choosing the college of your liking. Don’t worry I will help you at each and every step, till you get admission. Come along with me, as I would like to share more details about Shree Devi College of Nursing, Mangalore.
Table of Contents
- Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore Overview
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility for admissions
- Documents needed
- Admission Process 2022-23 at Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore
- Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore Fees Structure
- Placements at Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore
- Campus Life
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore Overview
Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore was established by philanthropists, who had an immense amount of experience in the field of education. The Trust has been recognized as the pioneer in catering to the diverse needs of various streams of study for a rewarding future. The institution gives the best training facilities for the noble profession, which is supported by the most advanced technical and clinical amenities of good quality.
The courses offered at Shree Devi College of Nursing are recognized by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) and Karnataka State Nursing Council (KNC). It is also affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
The location of the college is at MG Road, which is in the city of Mangalore in the state of Karnataka. The Principal of the college is Dr.Mrs.Darling B.Bibiana.Her team of experienced and qualified faculties mentors and provide guidance to the students.
Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore offers Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Nursing.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore
B.Sc. Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a course at the graduate level. The course curriculum is for a time period of four years.
The subjects covered under B.Sc. Nursing is as follows:
|1st-year B.Sc. Nursing subjects.||2nd-year B.Sc. Nursing Subjects.|
|Anatomy and Physiology.||Sociology.|
|Nutrition and Biochemistry.||Medical-Surgical Nursing-I.|
|Psychology.||Pharmacology, Pathology, and Genetics.|
|Microbiology.||Community Health Nursing-I.|
|English.||Communication and Education Technology.|
|Introduction to Computer.||Practicals and Viva:|
|Practicals and Viva:||Medical-Surgical Nursing-I.|
|3rd-year B.Sc. Nursing Subjects||4th-year B.Sc. Nursing Subjects.|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing-II.||Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing.|
|Child Health Nursing.||Community Health Nursing-II.|
|Mental Health Nursing.||Nursing Research and Statistics.|
|Practical and Viva:||Management of Nursing Services and Education.|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing-II.||Practical and Viva:|
|Child Health Nursing.||Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing.|
|Mental Health Nursing.||Community Health Nursing.|
Master’s Degree in Nursing at Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore
Master’s Degree in Nursing or M.Sc. Nursing is a program for a duration of two years. The specializations available are:
- Obstetric and Gynaecological Nursing.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- Paediatric (Child Health) Nursing.
- Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing.
- Community Health Nursing.
The Subjects covered under M.Sc. Nursing are:
|1st-year M.Sc. Subjects.||2nd-year M.Sc. Subjects.|
|Nursing Education.||Nursing Management.|
|Advanced Nursing Practise.||Viva and Dissertation.|
|Nursing Research and Statistics.||Clinical Speciality-II.|
Eligibility for admissions
The eligibility criterion for getting admissions to B.Sc Nursing are:
- Candidate must have successfully completed two years of Pre-university examinations from any recognized board or any other equivalent with a minimum percentage of forty-five marks as aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- For other candidates who belong to other categories such as Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or other backward categories, the aggregate marks to be obtained is forty percent.
- Candidates seeking admissions must have completed seventeen years of age as of 31st December on the year of taking admission.
- The eligible candidates will be selected by scrutinizing the applications. Once selected, candidates will have to pay the prescribed fees to get admission immediately.
Eligibility criteria for M.Sc. Nursing is:
- Candidate must have obtained a minimum of fifty-five percentage marks in B.Sc. Nursing or Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Must be a registered nurse or equivalent with any State Nursing Council.
- Must have a minimum of one year of work experience after completing B.Sc. Nursing Degree.
Documents that you are supposed to bring at the time of admission for B.Sc Nursing are:
Note: Please make four to five photocopies of the original certificates to carry during the admission procedure.
- 10th and 12th Standard Mark sheets.
- 10th and 12th Standard Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Aadhar Card/Voter ID/Driving License/Passport (Proof of Identity).
- Caste or Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Recent photographs(three passport sizes).
Documents needed to get M.Sc. Nursing Admissions are:
Note: Ensure that you have four to five photocopies of the original certificates at the time of admissions.
- Year-wise Mark sheet of B.Sc. Nursing or Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Registration Certificate of any state Nursing Council.
- Experience certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
Admission Process 2022-23 at Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore
The information about the admission process is mentioned on the website of the college. The steps that you need to follow are:
- Visit the website of the college and you will find a link for “online application”.
- Once you click on the link, an application form will appear.
- Fill in your details correctly and submit the application form.
- Filled in the application form must be sent along with a crossed Demand Draft of Five hundred rupees which is payable to “Shree Devi College of Nursing”, to be drawn on a bank at Mangalore.
The following documents must be submitted along with the application form:
- One photocopy of the 12th Standard Mark sheet.
- One photocopy of the 10th Standard/SSLC Mark sheet (Verifying Date of Birth).
- One photocopy of the Transfer Certificate.
- One photocopy of Migration Certificate.
- Three passport size photographs of the student.
Correspondence must be addressed to The PRINCIPAL, Ballalbagh, South Kanara District, Mangalore-575003 Karnataka.
Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore Fees Structure
If you are looking for information about the courses and the fee structure of Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore, please call me or leave a message. I will get back ASAP.
Placements at Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore
The placement cell provides placement assistance to all the students. It provides guidance to thein order to make them industry-ready. Seminars, workshops, and career guidance activities are held to train the students to train them in the necessary skills required for the healthcare sector. They get placed in top hospitals and research institutions.
Mangalore-Gateway to Karnataka
Mangalore is a port city and a gateway to get into Karnataka. It is the district headquarters of Dakshina Kannada district for the coastal region of Karnataka. It is situated around two hundred and ninety-five kilometers from Bangalore city. Now, it is also known as Mangaluru.
It is among the fastest developing cities in the country. Many big multinational corporations and firms have their branches in Mangalore. It is a hub of educational institutions. There are sixteen engineerings, six medical, three dental, twelve MBA, eleven physiotherapies, eight hotel management, and fifty-eight graduation within and around the city.
The campus of Shree Devi College of Nursing has a lush and green environment in the heart of Mangalore. The college takes care to see that the students don’t miss their homes. The facilities available are:
Hostel Facility at Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore
The hostel is a spacious one which is located within an accessible distance from the college. It has separate blocks for girls and boys. The rooms are clean and spacious to stay during the course time.
Mess at Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore
The staff of the mess takes care to provide for the health and nutrition needs of the students. It has a large dining hall where they can sit and have their meals.
Library at Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore
Reference books and study materials are readily available to the students in the library with Indian and foreign authors. There are journals, magazines and periodicals which are subscribed according to the needs of the students. It also provides access to e-journals and e-books under Helinet Consortium of Digital Library.
There are various labs for the students to get hands-on experience in the clinical experience. Different labs in the college are:
- Fundamentals of Nursing Lab.
- Community Health Lab.
- Maternal and Child Care Lab.
- Nutrition Lab.
- Physiology Lab.
- Computer Lab.
The institute has its own fleet of buses to transport its students to and from the hostels to the college.
Shree Devi College of Nursing Mangalore ensures the complete development of the students. There are both indoor and outdoor sports activities in the college. Outdoor sports activities such as cricket, badminton, and basketball. Indoor games such as table tennis, carom, and chess can be played within the campus premises.
A swimming pool and health club facilities are also present.
In order to encourage the students to become versatile, entertainment shows and stage shows are organized. Annual Day is a platform where the students are given the opportunity to showcase their talent. Inter-collegiate festivals and competitions are also forms of extra-curricular activity.
Departments and Research
Departments that come under the purview of nursing courses are:
Department of Medical-Surgical Nursing
The department looks at training the students regarding adult nursing and advanced nursing practices.
Department of Community Health Nursing
The community health department encourages to development of an understanding of family assessment and community evaluation so as to identify the health issues in the society.
Department of Child Health Nursing
It encourages the students to get insights into childcare development and study the growth and well-being of the young ones.
Department of Mental Health Nursing
This department looks at educating the students regarding the mental health and well-being of any person. It encourages students to learn more about mental illness and the action to be taken for the patient.
Department of Obstetrical and Gynaecological Nursing
The obstetrical and Gynaecological Nursing Department looks after taking care of the health of women, reproductive health, pregnancy, neonatal care and infant and newborn care.
Nursing is regarded as the noblest profession. Lots of job opportunities will open after finishing B.Sc. Nursing. Some of the job roles are:
- Public Health Nurse.
- Nurse Attendant.
- School Nurse.
- Hospital Nurse.
- Industrial Nurse.
- Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Industrial Nurse.
- Nursing Tutor.
- Nurse Anaesthetist.
I have taken lots of efforts in gathering information about Shree Devi College of Nursing, Mangalore. If you like my posts, please do share them with your family and friends. In this way, more people will get to know more about the college. To find more information, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
If you are having more queries or you need to know more, please text me in the comment box below. I will get back as soon as possible. If you are an Alumni of Shree Devi College of Nursing, Mangalore, you can help other students by writing a review.
You can also go through my detailed post about:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is B.Sc. nursing course better than GNM Course?
Both B.Sc. Nursing and GNM courses are an integral part of nursing education.B.Sc Nursing is a four-year undergraduate course which trains graduates in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the patients. It has got a wider scope and practical experience.
A diploma in Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) is a three-year diploma course in the healthcare field. The students get trained in emergency response, compassion, patient care, and so on. The scope is lesser than Nursing.
2. Can B.Sc. nursing to done by male students?
Yes, there is no restriction on who can pursue B.Sc. Nursing. It can be done by both males and females if the eligibility criteria are satisfied for getting admission to the nursing colleges.
3. How much can a Nursing graduate earn in a Government hospital?
The minimum salary of a nursing graduate who is a nurse in a Government hospital can earn around twenty-five thousand rupees.
4. Is Post B.Sc. nursing equivalent to B.Sc. Nursing?
Yes, both the courses are similar except for the duration. Post Basic B.sc Nursing is a two-year course whereas B.Sc. Nursing is a course for a duration of four years. B.Sc Nursing develops the critical skills, competence, and standards for problem-solving in hospitals and communities. Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing opens the opportunities to pursue higher studies and pursue master’s and then Ph.D.
5. Can I change the course after doing my B.Sc. Nursing for one year?
If you want to leave the college, you can. If you want to change from simple B.Sc. to B.Sc. Nursing after one year, you will not be able to do it as Nursing Colleges are different from other colleges. They are affiliated and recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and not only by the Education Department.
If you are doing GNM and want to take up B.Sc. Nursing, then you will have to take admission in the first year again.