Naturopathy is a system that uses natural remedies to help the body to heal by itself. It covers therapies such as massages, acupuncture, exercises as well diet counseling. Are you interested in doing naturopathy? If yes, Tamil Nadu has some of the best naturopathy colleges in India. In this article, I will be giving my insights into one of the colleges, Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem.
Table of Contents
- Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem Overview
- Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem Admission
- Sivaraj Naturopathy College Courses Offered
- Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem Overview
Sivaraj Group of Institutions was founded by its Chairman, S. Sivaraj Sanjai, Correspondent Dr. Sivaraj Sivakumar, and Sivaraj Kalpana. The Institution comes under TN Dr. M. G. R. Medical University, Chennai and courses are recognized by AYUSH Ministry as well as Tamil Nadu Government. Sivaraj Naturopathy College was established in 1996. Number of students taken for the course is 40.
|Name||Sivaraj Naturopathy College|
|Address||Siddhar Kovil Road, Thumbathulipathulipatty, Salem 636307 Tamilnadu|
|Affiliated to||T.N. Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Department of AYUSH, Tamilnadu Government|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The Vision of the Institution is to become the academic hub in the healthcare sector. To provide the best infrastructure facilities and treatments which are affordable to people from all sections of society.
To provide hands-on training and interpersonal skills so that they become the most sought-after naturopaths in the field. To create a conducive as well as vibrant learning environment to take up their studies.
Why Study at Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem?
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem is among the well-known medical institutions in the state of Tamilnadu. It attracts students from within the state as well as across India. You should study a course here because:
- The College is affiliated with TN Dr. M.G.R Medical University, and courses are approved by AYUSH Ministry and Tamilnadu Government.
- Faculty Members are experienced, highly qualified, and knowledgeable in their respective fields.
- Top-class infrastructure facilities, labs, and training facilities are provided to the students on campus.
- Students get placements in the top hospitals with lucrative salary packages.
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem Admission
The admission process for getting admissions to the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) is given below:
- Step 1: Visit the admissions section.
- Step 2: You will see an application form that needs to be filled out. Fill up the required details in the form correctly.
- Step 3: After filing the form, You will get a link to pay the application fees.
- Step 4: Once you have completed the form, keep a copy of the completed form for referring in future
Eligibility Criteria for BNYS
You are required to fulfill the eligibility in order to get admission to the BNYS Course:
- Aspirants must be 17 years old at the time of admission or before 31st December in the year of admissions.
- Aspirants must score an aggregate percentage of 60% with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Zoology or Botany taken together for the General Category.
- For SC/ST Candidates, the aggregate percentage should be 40%.
- He/She must have passed any qualifying examination which has been conducted by the Tamil Nadu Government. Students are required to obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the University.
Documents Required for BNYS
You must attach the following documents along with the application form:
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- 12th Class Marksheet.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Aadhar Card/Passport/Birth Certificate.
- Passport-size photos.
- Eligibility Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Community Certificate.
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem offers undergraduate level Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences. The program is also called BNYS. The complete duration of the course is 5 and half years, which comprises 1 year of internship. Number of students taken for the course is 40. It is an interdisciplinary course that focuses on naturopathy as well as yoga. Aspirants can pursue the course after completing the 12th Class.
BNYS Course Structure
The Institution focuses on giving knowledge on both the theoretical as well as practical aspects of learning during the course study. Students are given practical hands-on training during the internship period. This helps to build and develop the professional skills required in the field. Some of the subjects which are taught to the students are:
- Philosophy and Practice of Yoga.
- Diagnostic Methods of Naturopathy.
- Modern Diagnostic Medicine.
- Yoga Therapy.
- Hospital Management, and many more.
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem Fee Structure
The College charges the fees as per the guidelines prescribed by the TN Dr. M.G.R University, Chennai. Sivaraj Naturopathy college fees also vary according to the category to which you belong and if hostel accommodation is opted for by the students. Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem Fees Structure for the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) Course is mentioned below:
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)||NA|
Hostel Fees are separate fees apart from the course fees. The fees include accommodation and mess charges for one year. It will also vary as your room allotment, such as single, double, or triple sharing. Hostel Fees are charged at reasonable prices by the students.
Placements and Scope
The Placement Cell at Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem looks after the placements and internships for naturopathy students. Students, as well as faculty members, are an integral part of the Placement Committee. Top organizations are invited to conduct the on-campus recruitment drive. Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Guest Lectures, and Mock Interviews are some of the activities conducted by the placement unit. Students get lucrative salary packages in the best medical institutions.
BNYS is among the most sought-after courses in the healthcare field. In today’s times, there are numerous opportunities available for naturopathy graduates. You can also pursue your higher education after the program by taking up M.Sc or M.Phil. Some of the job profiles available after completion of BNYS are:
- Yoga Therapist.
- Medical Assistant.
- Rehabilitation Therapist.
- Ayurveda Consultant.
- Yoga Trainer.
- Para-Clinical Specialist, and many more.
Rankings and Affiliations
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem is one of the constituent colleges of Sivaraj Medical Colleges. The Institution comes under TN Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai, and is also ISO 9001-2008 certified. Courses are recognized by the Government of Tamilnadu and the Department of AYUSH, Government of India.
SNC has a good ranking because of its renowned faculty members, course structure, facilities available, and placements. Students get placements and internships in the best hospitals.
If you’re looking for popular BNYS Colleges in Tamil Nadu, you would like to read about the largest BNYS institution in Tamil Nadu – JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The Institution is located on the Siddhar Kovil Road, in Thumbathulipatty, Salem in the state of Tamilnadu. Its lush, green, and landscaped campus provides the most favorable environment for studying naturopathy. SNC ensures to look after the safety as well as security of all students. Facilities provided within the college campus are:
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem Hostel Accommodation is provided to both girls as well as boys. The Hostel Fees are charged apart from the course fees. The Warden is in charge of the allotment of rooms. Rooms are given as per the preference of the students. Mess Fees are also charged every year. Each hostel has an individual mess and dining facility.
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem gives transport facilities to the students residing in the hostels. Students are taken from their hostels to the college and back to their hostels. Sometimes they are taken to hospital visits during the internship period.
The other facilities available to the students on campus are:
- Conference Hall.
- Herbal Garden.
- Sports Facilities.
- Student Clubs.
College Contact Details
- Address: Siddhar Kovil Road, Thumbalulipatty, Salem 636307 Tamilnadu.
- Distance from Salem Railway Station: 10.3 km.
- Distance from Salem Airport: 27.4 km.
If you want more details about the college, please contact us or write to us in the comments section. I will revert back soon. Our team of counselors can guide you in the admission process. Best of Luck for a brilliant future!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem is affiliated to which University?
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem is affiliated to TN Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai.
2. Does SNC have hostel accommodation?
Yes, SNC has hostel accommodation.
3. Which course is offered at Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem?
Sivaraj Naturopathy College Salem offers undergraduate level Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS).
4. Where is SNC College located?
SNC College is located at Siddhar Kovil Road, Thumbalulipatty, Salem 636307 Tamilnadu.
5. Should I write NEET for BNYS?
No, NEET is not required for BNYS.
6. What is the maximum age for BNYS?
The maximum age for BNYS is 25 years.
7. What are the course offerings at BNC?
The course offerings at BNC is undergraduate Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS).
8. How much minimum salary package will I get after doing BNYS?
The minimum salary package for BNYS is around INR 30,000 to INR 40,000 per month.
A small ask
I hope you are finding the relevant information about the college. Kindly spare a few minutes of your valuable time to write a review for us. Please let us know what you think about the college. Your opinions can make the future of an aspiring naturopath.