Naturopathic Medicine is an alternative medicinal system that stresses the importance of self-healing and maintaining the well-being of the body. Naturopathy is amongst the most popular courses in the medical field. Naturopathy Colleges in India provide the best infrastructure facilities along with hands-on training during the time of studying the course. In my article, I will share insights about the JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore.
Table of Contents
- JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore Overview
- JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore Admission
- JSS Institute of Naturopathy Yogic Sciences Courses Offered
- JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore Overview
JSS Naturopathy College Coimbatore was established in the year 1997. The College is the biggest and first institution for naturopathy in Tamilnadu, founded by JSS Mysuru. The Institution comes under Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai.
JSS offers a Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS). The annual intake for the program is 100 seats. It has future plans to start postgraduate courses such as MD Naturopathy, MD Yoga, as well as MD Acupuncture and Energy Medicine.
|Name||JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences|
|Address||Palakkad Highway, Navakkarai, Coimbatore 641105.|
|Affiliated to||T.N.Dr M.G.R Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Department of AYUSH, Tamilnadu Government|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The Institution began with a vision of imparting quality education in the field of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences. To provide the best treatment facilities for the poor and needy people.
The Mission of the college is to bring affordable healthcare facilities to the patients through highly qualified and knowledgeable doctors. To become the best academic Centre for learning in the naturopathy field.
Why study at JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore?
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore is the largest naturopathy college in the state of Tamilnadu. The Institution is known to provide global standard education in the naturopathy stream. Some of the reasons to study here are:
- The College has been known to be in existence for the past two decades and has grown to be well-known in the field of naturopathy and yogic sciences. It has a strong alumni network which is spread across the world.
- JSSINYS offers clinical experiences to the students through extensive training in clinical skills, clinical rotations, and an elaborate course structure.
- The 150-bed naturopathy hospital is attached to the institution. In teaching hospitals, students are exposed to various treatments and their impact on the patients.
- The Institution is known for the best research teams in India. The research team works on training the students in the field of research and motivates them to participate in conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Faculty members are highly experienced, qualified, and research-oriented in their respective fields of specialization.
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore Admission
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Course Admissions procedure for Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) is:
- Step 1: Candidates are supposed to fill up the application form along with the documents required in the given format.
- Step 2: The applications are screened and reviewed by the college.
- Step 3: Selected students are called to the college for an interview.
- Step 4: Shortlisted applicants are given admission to the college.
- Step 5: Once you get selected for the college, you are required to submit the acceptance form and pay the course fees.
Eligibility Criteria for BNYS
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS) Course are:
- He/She must have passed the Higher Secondary or any equivalent examinations.
- Aspirants must have obtained a minimum score of 50% as aggregate in subjects like Physics, Biology, Chemistry or Botany, and Zoology.
- Those candidates who have submitted their mark sheets in grade will be considered. The grades in Science subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology and Botany will be taken together.
Documents Required for BNYS
The following documents are required to be attached along with 2 photocopies attested by the Gazetted Officer are:
- SSLC or 10th Class Marksheet.
- PUC or 12th or 10+ 2 Class Marksheet.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste or Community Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- 5 Recent Passport Size Photos.
- 2 Stamp Size Color Photos.
- Certificate of Eligibility from TN Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai (For Students outside Tamilnadu).
JSS Institute of Naturopathy Yogic Sciences Courses Offered
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore offers undergraduate-level Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS).
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences is also known as BNYS. The program covers a time period of 5 and a half years. It includes 4 and ½ years of academics along with 1 year of compulsory internship.
The program comes under TN Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, and is recognized by the AYUSH Ministry of the Tamilnadu Government. Number of students taken for the course is 100.
The BNYS Course Curriculum comprises 4 and ½ years. The complete course is divided into 4 parts, 1st Year of 18 months, 2nd 3rd and 4th year of BNYS of 12 months each. Towards the completion of the course, students have to undergo compulsory internships in hospitals across India.
The degree is awarded after you complete the internship. You become a Register Medical Practitioner in Yoga and Naturopathy certified by both the Central and State Governments.
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore Fee Structure
JSS BNYS College Fees are charged as per the guidelines of the TN Dr. MGR University of Health Sciences, Chennai, and by the college management. Fees are different according to the category to which you belong. Course Fees also vary as per the facilities given in the institution.
JSS Institute of Naturopathy Yogic Sciences Coimbatore Fees Structure for the BNYS Course is:
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS)||NA|
JSS Group of Institutions awards scholarships to the most capable and meritorious students from the various colleges that are part of the educational group.
The Scholarship Committee at the JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore conducts the written test and interview to shortlist the deserving students. On selection, the students are offered monetary benefits to continue their studies.
Government Colleges have very low fees compared to Private Colleges, you can read my article on Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai and get more information about it.
Placements and Scope
Getting good placements in a good organization is what you are always looking for when you are studying any course. JSS Institute of Naturopathy Yogic Sciences Coimbatore ensures that every student deserves a handsome package.
Placement Committee Members and Faculty Members train the students with the help of seminars, conferences, workshops, and guest lectures. They are made aware of the current happenings in the naturopathy field.
This Program helps students to gain knowledge as well as skills through structured work experience. The training allows them to learn from the experts and apply both theoretically and practically. It is structured in a way to give practical hands-on experience in health organizations. Students develop communication skills, problem-solving ability, and developing management skills.
Rankings and Affiliations
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore is Tamilnadu’s first and biggest naturopathy college. The Institution comes under the Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai. Courses are approved by the Department of AYUSH, Tamilnadu Government.
The ranking is good because of its updated course structure, experienced faculties, amenities, and placements. Students are offered placements in the best hospitals in the country.
Students have bought lots of fame and recognition due to extraordinary performances in the field of academics and cultural activities. Some of the achievements of the students are:
- JSINYS bagged the overall championship in the inter-collegiate competition organized by SNMV College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- SNMV College of Arts and Science, conducted Regalia 2023. Fest included various competitions like rangoli, best out of waste, group dance, and reel making. Around 45 students participated in JSINYS, and they excelled in various competitions and won many prizes.
- Students are encouraged to participate in health camps, seminars, conferences, and research work.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The College Campus is located on 55 acres of land in the foothills of the Blue Mountains. The scenic beauty, along with the quiet and serene environment, makes the institution the best place to study. The college promotes student diversity and multiculturalism on campus.
It is a safe and secure place during academic work. Aspirants coming from outside Tamil Nadu are given a homely atmosphere so that they don’t miss their hometown. Campus Facilities given to students are:
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore ensures a calm and peaceful atmosphere. There are separate buildings which are well equipped with indoor and outdoor games facilities. It has a gymnasium within the hostels. Wardens are present at all times to solve problems and look after the needs of the students.
JSSINYS has a lush green herbal garden on campus. The garden has a collection of herbs which are of medicinal value. The greenhouse facility helps them understand the characteristics of the plants and their usage in their daily diet. Working in the conservatory is a part of the herbarium project.
Classrooms are well furnished, spacious, and well equipped with modern teaching aids such as overhead projectors, audio-visual aids, and an internet facility. It can accommodate around 120 students.
Apart from the above facilities, students are provided other facilities such as:
- Sports and Recreation Facility.
- Prayer and Yoga Hall.
- 150-bedded Teaching Hospital.
College Contact Details
- Address: Palakkad Highway, Navakkarai, Coimbatore 641105 Tamilnadu.
- Distance from Coimbatore Airport: 34.1 km.
- Distance from Coimbatore Railway Station: 22.3 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore located?
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore is located at Navakkarai in the city of Coimbatore in Tamilnadu.
2. What are the courses offered by JSSINYS?
JSSINYS offers Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS).
3. How many students are taken for the BNYS course?
Number of students taken for the BNYS Course is 100.
4. JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore comes under which University?
JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore comes under Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Health Sciences University, Chennai.
5. Does JSSINYS provide hostel accommodation for students?
Yes, JSSINYS provides hostel accommodation for students.
6. Can I join BNYS without NEET?
Yes, you can join BNYS without NEET.
7. Is the naturopathy course in high demand?
Yes, there is high demand for the naturopathy course.
8. Do BNYS students use a stethoscope?
Yes, students who are pursuing the BNYS course can use a stethoscope.
To know the list of BNYS Colleges, read my article on:
A small ask
If you are an alumni or someone currently studying at JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences Coimbatore, I request you write a review about the college. Let us know what you like and dislike about the institution. Post your feedback and views in the comments section. Your views really matter to us. You can help build the future of a naturopathic doctor. Best of Luck for a Bright Future Ahead!