Naturopathy is a system of building harmony with nature on physical, mental, and spiritual principles. The stream is considered both art and science, which uses a drugless system of healing. Are you inclined towards studying naturopathy? Which college will be best suited to pursue the course? If yes, Let me help you out. Tamil Nadu is the academic hub of the country, with the best medical institutions. Government colleges have good patient flow, which helps to provide clinical knowledge. Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai is the only naturopathy college in Chennai, Tamilnadu.
Table of Contents
- Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai Overview
- Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai Admission
- Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Courses Offered
- Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai Overview
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai was founded in the year 2000 under the Health and Welfare Department. The institution is affiliated with Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Health University, Chennai, and is also recognized by the AYUSH Ministry, New Delhi.
The programs offered by the college include undergraduate Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS) as well as postgraduate Doctor of Medicine MD in Yoga and Naturopathy. The annual intake for the BNYS Program is 60 seats.
|Government Naturopathy and Yoga College
|Near Anna Arch, Arumbakkam, Chennai-106.
|T.N.Dr M.G.R Medical University, Chennai
|Directorate of Indian Medicine and Homeopathy, Government of Tamilnadu
|Regular/ Full Time
|Both Boys and Girls
- To become a well-known educational institution throughout the country.
- To impart standard education to the medical aspirants so that they build their skills and competencies in order to become professional naturopaths.
- To develop and train future medical professionals in the healthcare sector.
- The Institution intends to become a Centre of academic excellence in the naturopathy stream.
- To provide world-class infrastructure facilities along with the best and most experienced faculties.
Why Study at Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai?
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai is a government institution fully owned and run by the Tamilnadu Government. Aspirants from different parts of the country come to study here. You should study in the institution because:
- The College comes under TN Dr. MGR Health University, Chennai, as well as approved by the AYUSH Ministry.
- Faculty Members are knowledgeable and experienced in their respective fields.
- Top-class infrastructure facilities such as a hostel, conference hall, classrooms, auditorium, indoor and outdoor games facilities, etc., are arranged for the students within the campus.
- The College charges reasonable fees for the different course offerings.
- GNYC is well connected through road, rail, and air.
- Students get placements in the top hospitals in the country.
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai Admission
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai Admission Procedure for both the graduate and postgraduate level courses are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the Admissions Section.
- Step 2: The online application form must be filled with your personal details.
- Step 3: Upload the necessary documents.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees. Keep a copy of the completed form for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course (BNYS)
The eligibility Criteria for admission to the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS) Course are:
- Medical aspirants must have 12th Standard or equivalent with the Science Stream.
- He/ She must obtain a minimum of 50% in Biology and 50% in Physics and Chemistry.
- Aspirants must have completed 17 years as of 31st December of the admission year.
Documents Required for UG Course (BNYS)
You are required to get the following documents along with the application form:
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- 12th Class Marksheet.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- SC/ST/Caste Certificate.
- Identification Proof like Aadhar/Passport/Ration Card/Birth Certificate.
- Recent photos.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course (MD)
The academic qualification for the PG Course Doctor of Medicine (MD) is:
- Aspirants must have completed BNYS Degree from TN Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, or from any other recognized university.
- He/She must have a permanent registration with the State Medical Council or Board.
- Candidates who have finished the ND Full-time course from Osmania University, Hyderabad, are also eligible to apply.
- Those who have completed a Degree or Diploma in Yoga/Naturopathy in the distance mode or correspondence are not eligible for admission.
- You must have an eligibility certificate if you have passed the qualifying examination from another State or University.
- An Eligibility Certificate from TN Dr. MGR University, Chennai, is to be obtained from the Academics Section of the University.
Documents Required for PG Course (MD Yoga and Naturopathy)
Documents Required for getting admission to Doctor of Medicine(Yoga and Naturopathy) are:
- BNYS Degree and Completion Certificate.
- Marksheets of all the years.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Fees Payment Receipt.
- Recent photos.
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Courses Offered
The courses offered at Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai are undergraduate level Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS) as well as post-graduate level Doctor of Medicine MD(Yoga and Naturopathy). Courses are recognized by the TN Dr. MGR Health University, Chennai, and the Ministry of AYUSH, Tamilnadu Government.
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS)
|5 and ½ years
|Doctor of Medicine MD(Yoga and Naturopathy)
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS)
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences is also known as BNYS. The program includes 4 and ½ years of academics, which is followed by 1 year of internship. The internship is to be completed in the best institutions in the country. Number of students who are taken for the program is 60. Students get to learn about the theory and practicals of naturopathy. The subjects taught are Principles and Practice of Yoga, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, and many more.
Doctor of Medicine MD (Yoga and Naturopathy)
Doctor of Medicine MD(Yoga and Naturopathy) is a 3-year full-time postgraduate-level program in the naturopathy stream. The course aims to develop the skills and competencies of future naturopaths. Its competency-based course structure develops the traits, minimum number of academic events as well as the procedures to be followed during the academic years. Specializations available in the course are:
- Acupuncture and Energy Medicine.
Course Structure of MD
The Course Structure of MD includes the following:
- Weekly Seminars and Clinical Lectures for PG students.
- Collaborations with clinical disciplines.
- Clinical Education Programs.
- Slide Preparations.
- Training in the publication of research papers.
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai Fee Structure
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai Fees Structure for the various course offerings given by the college are mentioned below:
|MD(Yoga and Naturopathy)
- BNYS Fees are charged as per the guidelines set by the TN Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, as well as by the AYUSH Ministry, Tamilnadu Government. It also varies according to the category to which you belong.
- Hostel Fees are taken separately depending on your preference for the rooms.
How will I be able to pay the fees for my education? This question comes to the mind of a student, you don’t need to worry about it as the institution supports the merit students by awarding scholarships. Students who are shortlisted on the basis of academics and sports have to write a written test. Interviews are organized to select eligible students. Scholarships are awarded in order to help students pursue higher education.
Placements and Scope
Getting a good job is the goal of pursuing any course. The Placement Cell at Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai looks at providing an immense number of job opportunities to aspiring medical students. The Committee is represented by both the students as well as the faculty members. It aims to train and groom naturopaths to face the challenges coming in the future.
Activities like seminars, workshops, guest lectures, written tests, and interviews are organized regularly for personality development and building self-confidence. Students are placed in top organizations with well-paid salary packages.
Job Opportunities after BNYS
In today’s times, jobs are available for BNYS graduates across various public as well as private sectors. The job profiles and the salary packages are dependent on the amount of experience in the respective field. BNYS course aims to fulfill the professional demand in the diverse sectors of the healthcare stream. Some of the job profiles for BNYS graduates are:
- Research Assistant.
- Yoga Teacher.
- Health Consultant.
- Wellness Manager.
- Health Writer or Blogger.
- Holistic Entrepreneur.
- Entrepreneur, and many more.
Rankings and Affiliations
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai comes under the TN Dr. MGR Health University, Chennai, and is recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH, Tamilnadu Government. The Institution is fully owned by the State Government. GNYC is having a good ranking because of its updated course structure, qualified and experienced faculties, amenities, along with placements. Students get lucrative salary packages after completion of the BNYS Course.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The Institution is located at Arumbakkam in the city of Chennai. It is well connected by various modes of transport. GNYC Campus is currently functioning in its own building with an OPD and hospital. The green and landscaped place provides the best environment to learn and study peacefully. Students are made to feel a homely environment on the campus. On Campus Facilities offered to the students are:
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai have designed separate hostel accommodations for boys and girls. Boy’s hostel can accommodate 150 boys, and girl’s hostel can have around 150 girls. Each room is furnished with a study table, bed, and cupboard. Each hostel has a different mess that serves healthy and hygienic food to the resident students.
A transport Facility is arranged by the institution for daily commutation between the college and the clinical postings. The college provides facilities as per the requirements of the students.
The College Library at Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai has a vast collection of books from national and international authors. There are more than 2000 medical books, national as well as international journals. Internet and Wi-Fi facilities are available in the library.
GNYC hospital is well equipped with the best facilities, infrastructure, technology as well as patient care units. The teaching hospital has experienced specialists in the areas of naturopathy, yoga, acupuncture, and energy medicine. The hospital looks at around 500 outpatients and 100 inpatients every day.
College Contact Details
- Address: Near Anna Arch, Arumbakkam, Chennai 600106, Tamil Nadu.
- Distance from Chennai Airport: 16.3 km.
- Distance from Chennai Railway Station: 7.4 km.
- Distance from Anna Salai Bus Stop: 7.7 km.
Also Read About -> Annai College of Naturopathy and Yoga Science Thanjavur.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai have hostel facility?
Yes, Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai has a hostel facility.
2. What are the courses offered at GNYC Chennai?
The Courses offered at GNYC Chennai are Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS) and Doctor of Medicine MD(Yoga and Naturopathy).
3. How much is the student intake for the BNYS Course?
The intake for the BNYS Course is 60.
4. Where is Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai located?
Government Naturopathy and Yoga College Chennai is located at Arumbakkam in Chennai.
5. How many specialisations are given in the MD Course?
There are 3 specialisations given in the MD Course.
6. Can BNYS Doctors perform surgery?
No, BNYS Doctors cannot perform surgery.
7. How many BNYS Government Colleges are there in Tamilnadu?
There is only 1 BNYS Government College in Tamilnadu.
8. Can BNYS Doctors prescribe medicine?
Yes, BNYS Doctors can prescribe Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic Medicine.
To know the list of BNYS Colleges, read my article on:
A small help
Are you finding my articles on the Naturopathy Colleges interesting and useful? If yes, then please like and share among your friends and family. I would request you spare a few minutes from your schedule to write a review for us. Let us know your thoughts and views about the institution. You can help to change the life of the future generation of doctors. Thank you for your help!