Naturopathy and Yoga are the most important drugless forms of alternative systems of medicine. The sole objective is to treat the individual’s mind, body, and spirit. It helps to heal the root cause of the symptoms instead of its symptoms. Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem is among the well-known institutions in the Naturopathy Field in Tamil Nadu. Let me share more details about the college.
Table of Contents
- Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem Overview
- Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem Admission
- Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Courses Offered
- Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem Overview
The Institution is managed by the Rabindranath Tagore Educational Trust, and it is affiliated with Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Health University, Chennai. BNYS Course is approved by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem is located at Veerachipalayam in Salem. The Campus is spread over 2,00,000 square feet area.
|Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem
|Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College, Sankari Taluk, Salem District 637303-Tamil Nadu
|Tamil Nadu. Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai
|Health and Family Welfare Ministry, New Delhi
|Regular/ Full Time
|Both Boys and Girls
The Vision of the College is to promote naturopathy as a system of medicine. To develop the upcoming naturopaths in order to benefit the community as well as society.
The Mission is to create awareness about the naturopathy and yoga stream. To train the upcoming healthcare professionals with the skills and knowledge that can benefit the people, groups, and society.
Why study at Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem?
Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem are among the best naturopathy colleges in Tamil Nadu. The College is located in Salem, which is well connected by road, rail, and air. You should study here because:
- The College comes under Tamilnadu Dr MGR Health University, Chennai, and is approved by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi.
- Dedicated, knowledgeable, and experienced faculty members in the naturopathy stream.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure facilities like hostels, herbal gardens, conference halls, herbal gardens, and so on.
- Clinical internship in the best hospitals in the country.
- The calm, quiet, and serene environment provides the best atmosphere to study at BNYS.
Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem Admission
The admission procedure for BNYS at the college is mentioned below:
- Step 1: You will find the application forms on the website.
- Step 2: Fill up the form with your personal details.
- Step 3: You can also get the prospectus and application form from the admission office of the Vivekananda Educational Institutions.
- Step 4: Application forms can be submitted directly along with the booking amount.
- Step 5: You are required to pay the course fees through online payment methods.
- Step 6: Enclose the documents with the completed application form.
Eligibility for UG Course (BNYS)
For admission to the BNYS Course, you must satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have completed Higher Secondary School or PUC or any other equivalent examination.
- The minimum aggregate marks to be obtained for OC is 50%, MBC is 40%, and SC/ST is 35% in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Botany, as well as Zoology.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age on or before the year of admission.
Documents Required for UG Course (BNYS)
You must bring photocopies of the given documents along with the application form during the time of admission:
- 12th Class or PUC or any other equivalent scorecard.
- 10th Class Scorecard.
- Transfer Certificate
- Certificate of Conduct.
- Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Certificate of Migration (for Non-Tamil Nadu students).
- 10 passport-size and 2 stamp-size photos.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
The eligibility criteria that you must fulfill for PG admissions (MD Naturopathy/MD Yoga/MD Acupuncture and Energy Medicine/MD Nutrition and Dietetics) are:
- Candidates must have passed a BNYS Degree from a recognized college or university.
- He/ She should have completed one year of compulsory internship.
- Aspirants coming from other states are required to have an Eligibility Certificate issued by the TN Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai.
Documents Required for PG Courses
The documents which you need to carry along with the application form are:
- BNYS Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- BNYS Provisional Degree Certificate.
- 12th Class Marksheet or PUC or any other equivalent examination.
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Community Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Passport Size and Stamp size photos.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)
Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem offers a UG level degree, Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS). The program covers a duration of 5 and half years, which includes 4 and half years of academics, followed by 1 year of internship. BNYS Course trains the students in both the theoretical as well as practical aspects of naturopathy and yoga.
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Doctor of Medicine or MD is a postgraduate course for a duration of 3 years. The course gives a comprehensive understanding of diseases and conditions as well as their treatments. It comes under the Tamilnadu Dr MGR Health University, Chennai, and is recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi. Specializations which are offered in MD are:
- MD Naturopathy.
- MD Yoga.
- MD Acupuncture and Energy Medicine.
- MD Nutrition and Dietetics.
Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem Fee Structure
Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem Fees Structure for the various programs run by the college are:
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS)
|Doctor of Medicine(MD)
- The minimum Advance Amount to be paid for booking is INR 17,000/-.
Modes of Payment
For the convenience of payment of fees, the college has given various payment options to the parents and guardians. Some of the payment method options are:
- Demand Draft.
- Online Banking.
- UPI Transfer.
Placements and Scope
What type of job will I get after BNYS? How much will be the minimum package? These questions run into the minds of the students. The placement department at the college looks after training and grooming the naturopaths for their future careers. Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Written Tests, and Mock Interviews are organized to enhance their skills. Handsome salary packages are given by top organizations.
Naturopathy and Yoga Hospital
The Institution has a Naturopathy and Yoga Hospital within the college premises. The hospital has an individual OPD and also a 100-bed inpatient facility, along with separate treatment facilities for men and women. It is well equipped with modernized facilities, which are managed by experienced doctors. It gives treatments to patients at reasonable rates.
Rankings and Affiliations
The Institution is ranked among the well-known naturopathy colleges in Tamilnadu. The College is affiliated to Tamilnadu Dr MGR Health University, Chennai, and approved by the AYUSH Ministry, Government of India. The ranking is good because of its excellent infrastructure facilities, experienced faculties, courses offered, and placements. Top hospitals visit the campus for placements and internships.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The College Campus is located at Sankari Taluk, which is in the Salem District of Tamilnadu. Its serene, calm as well and quiet environment helps create a conducive environment to live and study. The Institution attracts students within and outside Tamilnadu. Safety and security are looked after by the college.. Amenities available within the campus are:
Safety and Security Systems
Safety and security systems are installed throughout the campus in order to secure a good environment for studying the course. Some of the security systems within the college are:
- Highly Secured Sophisticated Hostels.
- Hygienic Food in the Mess and Hostel.
- UV-treated RO water.
- Well-experienced securities at the gates.
- CCTV Surveillance Camera.
- Safe Transport Facilities.
- 24 Hours Medical Care.
Excellent accommodation facilities with fully furnished double and four occupancy rooms are available in the hostels. Artistic Layout, Spacious Dining Hall, Hygienic Kitchen, Outdoor Sports, and Indoor Sports are arranged in the hostels. There is Wi-Fi facility connectivity given to the students in their rooms.
The College gives top-class infrastructure facilities apart from the ones mentioned above. The facilities are:
- Conference Hall.
- Banking Facility.
- Herbal Garden.
College Contact Details
- Address: Sankari Taluk, Salem District 637303 Tamil Nadu.
- Distance from Salem Airport: 66.5 km.
- Distance from Salem Railway Station: 49.6 km.
- Distance from Salem Bus Stand: 50.3 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was the Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem established?
Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem was established in 2020.
2. What are the course offerings offered by the college?
The College offers undergraduate Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS) and postgraduate Doctor of Medicine MD Naturopathy, MD Yoga, MD Acupuncture and Energy Medicine and MD Nutrition and Dietetics.
3. How much time does it take to complete a BNYS Course?
It takes 5 years and 6 months to complete a BNYS Course.
4. Does Naturopathy come under AYUSH?
Yes, Naturopathy is among the seven systems which come under AYUSH.
5. Can BNYS practice homeopathy?
Yes, BNYS can practice homeopathy.
6. Does the Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem provide placements?
Yes, Swami Vivekananda Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Salem provides placements.
7. What are the skills required for BNYS?
During the BNYS course, students learn about the body's inherent healing ability, natural therapies, yoga, nutrition, breathing exercises, and yogic techniques.
8. Do naturopaths prescribe herbs?
Yes, naturopathy can prescribe herbs.
A small ask
It gives me immense pleasure to know that you are going through our posts on a regular basis. If you find my articles interesting, kindly like and share them with your friends and family. Kindly spare a few minutes to write a review for us. Post your comments in the section below. Your views can guide an upcoming fellow naturopath. Thanks for your review and your time!