Late Shri Vasant Rao Patil founded the Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital under the Kisan Shikshan Parasarak Mandal. The main aim of the college was to pave the way for spreading scientific knowledge, awareness, practice, and research in the homeopathy field. The College was the first to popularize the homeopathic medical system in the Marathwada Region. Let’s know more about the college.
Table of Contents
- Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Overview
- Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Admission
- Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
- Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Fee Structure
- Training and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Overview
Kisan Shikshan Parsarak Mandal in 1989-90 founded the Institution. The visionary behind the iconic institution is the Late Shri Vasantrao Kale. The College is affiliated with Maharashtra Health Sciences University, Nasik. The Institution is approved and recognized by the Maharashtra Government, Ministry of AYUSH, and CCH, New Delhi. It offers undergraduate BHMS with an intake capacity of 75 students.
|Name||Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital|
|Address||P-12, MIDC, Kllam Road, Latur 413531 Maharashtra|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik|
|Approved by||Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi|
|Recognized by||Ministry of AYUSH, Government of Maharashtra|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
To improve the scope and standards and also create awareness about the homeopathic field of medicine. To train and guide future homeopaths at a global level by using standardized medical practices.
To give importance to the value systems, scientific way of thinking, and research aptitude among the homeopathic doctors. To improve the confidence of the public through methods of innovation and awareness.
Why study at Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
The Institution is one of the premier homeopathic colleges in Latur. The College believes in holistic individual development, growth, and the noble healthcare needs of the people living in the nearby areas. A few reasons to study BHMS here are:
- The College is a famous homeopathic college which began over two decades ago. With changing times, the college has created a niche as the most preferred college in the minds of aspiring BHMS students.
- It is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik, and the BHMS Program is recognized by the Government of Maharashtra, CCH, as well as the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi.
- Students are given modern and state of the art facilities such as hostels, classrooms, seminar halls, games facilities, etc.
- Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Hospital is located within the premises of the campus. The hospital has Senior Medical Officers, Physicians, Nurses, and a Medical Superintendent. It provides affordable homeopathic treatments to the patients.
Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Admission
The admission procedure for the BHMS Course at Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Latur is as follows:
- Step 1: Go to the admissions section.
- Step 2: The application form will be shown; fill up your details in the given format.
- Step 3: Attach the documents required.
- Step 4: Make the application fee payment.
- Step 5: Take a printout of the completed application form.
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS
The eligibility criteria that you must fulfill to get a BHMS seat are:
- Aspirants must be residents of Maharashtra.
- Applicants must have passed the 12th Standard or any other equivalent examination from a recognized institution.
- He/ She should have studied subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- Marks to be obtained for the General Category is 50%, and for SC/ST students is 40%.
Documents Required for BHMS
You must bring the following documents during the counseling process:
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard.
- Copy of online application form.
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- SSC Marksheet.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste/Caste Validity Certificate.
- Non Creamy Layer Certificate.
- Recent passport-size photos.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery is a full-time program that covers a duration of 5 years and 6 months. It comprises 1 year of compulsory internship after the final year. Students learn more about the theoretical as well as the practical aspects of the homeopathy stream. On completion of the course, the Degree is awarded by the Maharashtra Health Sciences University, Nasik.
BHMS Course Structure
BHMS Course Structure comprises academic study for 4 years and 6 months. It includes both the theoretical and practical aspects of learning more on the subjects of homeopathic medicine and surgery. Clinical and nonclinical sessions are conducted to get a hands-on experience for the students. A few subjects covered in the BHMS Course Structure are:
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Organon of Medicine.
- Practice of Medicine.
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Community Medicine.
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics.
Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Fee Structure
Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Fees Structure for the BHMS course is:
- BHMS Colleges in Latur fee structure for the State Quota is INR 62,500/-.
- Hostel and Mess Charges are taken separately from the students every year.
Training and Scope
BHMS Career Scope
BHMS course offers lots of job opportunities for aspirants who are interested in doing alternative medicine. Numerous jobs are available in both the government and private sector. The Course has a very broad scope because it deals with treating illness using natural treatments. Industries which provide jobs to BHMS Graduates are:
- Medical Colleges.
- Medical Dispensaries.
- Research Institutes.
- Training Institutes.
- State Dispensaries.
- Charitable Institutions, and so on.
The Hospital is located within the college campus premises. The hospital has OPD and IPD facilities. There are Physicians, Homoeopathic Doctors, Nurses, and Medical Superintendent present to treat the patients. It offers homeopathic treatments at reasonable rates to people living in nearby areas.
The Departments with OPD and IPD facilities are:
- General Medicine.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Rehabilitation Unit.
- Other OPD’s.
Rankings and Affiliations
The College is one of the oldest homeopathic institutions in the City of Latur. It is affiliated with Maharashtra Health University, Nasik, and recognized by the Government of Maharashtra, Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, and Ministry of AYUSH. The Institution is ranked well because of its vast potential for providing healthcare facilities at a reasonable cost. Students are exposed to practical training and get offers from top healthcare organizations.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The College is located at Barshi Road, which is in Latur in Maharashtra. Latur is the largest city in the Marathwada Region. It is known to be a tourist destination surrounded by monuments. During the past few years, the place has become the educational hub with top colleges located here. It attracts students from different parts of Maharashtra.
The College ensures the safety and security of all the students. They are provided with the best amenities so they do not feel they are away from home. Facilities offered within the campus are:
There are 5 lecture halls with modern teaching aids like LCD Projector, Whiteboard, and Blackboard. Each hall can accommodate around 100 students. Separate toilets are provided for boys, and girls are available on each floor.
The Central Library at the college has a seating capacity of around 60 students. It has reading rooms for faculties and students. It has a vast collection of 2000 subject books, journals, newspapers, and periodicals.
The College offers other facilities apart from the ones mentioned above. It ensures that the students feel comfortable and at home during their stay on the college campus. Other facilities given are:
- Seminar Hall.
- Common Room.
College Contact Details
- Address: P-12, MIDC, Kllam Road, Latur 413531 Maharashtra.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Latur Railway Station: 4.1 km.
- Distance from Latur Bus Stop: 5.3 km.
- Distance from Latur Airport: 12.3 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the BHMS Cut off for Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
The BHMS Cut off for General Category is 50th percentile and for SC/ST is 40th percentile at Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital.
2. Who is the founder of Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
The founder of Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is Late Shri Vasantrao Kale.
3. Which University is affiliated to Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik is affiliated to Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital.
4. How much is the student intake for BHMS?
The student intake for BHMS is 75.
5. What is the fees charged for BHMS at Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
The fees charged for BHMS at Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is INR 1,87,500/-.
6. What is the duration of the BHMS Course?
BHMS is a full time undergraduate course for a duration of 5 years and 6 months.
7.What is the Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College address?
The Vasantrao Kale Homoeopathic Medical College address is MIDC, Kllam Road, Latur 413531 Maharashtra.
A small ask
To know more about the college, courses, and fees, you can get in touch with our experienced team of counselors. They can guide you to get admission to the best BHMS Colleges—another request: Kindly post a review in the comments section below. Your opinion can make the career of a future healthcare professional. Thanks in advance!