Hey! While trying to choose a decent college, are you still a little bit perplexed? Or are you uncertain about the course that would be best for you? You are at the correct place if that is the case. Continue reading this post about Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College Salem (VMHMC) and we will answer all of your questions. Eventually, you will get the step-by-step information you require.
Table of Contents
- Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic College Overview
- Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College Admissions
- Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic College Fee Structure
- Career Opportunities & Scope
- Ranking & Recognitions
- Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College Reviews
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic College Overview
|Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College
|Sankari Main Road, Seeragapadi, Salem, Tamil Nadu.
|Dr. E. Rathnasabapathi
|Vinayaka Mission Research Foundation
|Central Council of Homoeopathy, New Delhi and Govt. of Tamil Nadu
|Boys and Girls
Dr A. Shanmugasundaram’s idea for VMHMC, a revolutionary institution in the field of quality-based homoeopathic medical education, was initiated in June 1988 among the foothills of Yercaud, Salem.
In 2001, the college established its foundation as a deemed institution under the Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation, Salem, becoming the first college in South India to offer postgraduate programmes in all seven specialities of homoeopathy, the institution has served as a research hub for students pursuing a PhD in homoeopathy.
- The institution supports the health of the community all the while providing a rigorous academic education and conducting scientific research in homoeopathy.
- Following its terms, it has a multifaceted training programme for the professors and students known as the Re-Orientation Training Programme under the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Professional Education Programme, Personality Development Programme, various Government conferences, workshops, seminars, academic and industrial visits.
- They provide a comprehensive selection of postgraduate and undergraduate degrees, giving you the chance to meet the professional demands of the modern, rapidly expanding economy.
- Talented students from all around the country and worldwide are drawn to the institute. They are raised by the university standards of a well-balanced combination of knowledge and skills, and they are shaped to thrive in a globally competitive world.
- It also makes its facilities available for blood donation and health awareness campaigns as part of the National Service Scheme.
- As a part of conducting extra-curricular activities, it hosts numerous university and inter-university meets as well as alumni meet-ups for students. This organisation believes in training its students for today’s increasingly competitive market by developing them into efficient medical professionals and managers in the organisation.
Smoothly administering an institution is a huge responsibility which is carried by the most dedicated and hardworking people. They are:
- Dr A Shanmugasundaram, Founder.
- Dr A.S. Ganesan, Chancellor.
- Dr P.K. Sudhir, Vice-Chancellor.
- Dr P.S. Manoharan, Pro-Vice-Chancellor.
- Dr B.Jaykar, Registrar.
- Dr E.Rathnasabapathi, Principal, Medical Superintendent.
Vision: VMHMC’s vision is to attain educational excellence and to use it as a weapon for social change for the welfare of society.
Mission: VMHC’s mission involves utilising current knowledge and technology, to broaden education around the globe in the areas of basic science, homoeopathy, and medicine.
The departments of undergraduate studies are listed below:
- Community Health.
- Department of Forensic Medicine.
- Homoeopathic Drugstore.
- Medical formulary.
- Pregnancy and Gynaecology.
- Organon Of Medicine And Philosophy Of Homoeopathy.
- Department of Pathology.
- Department of Physiology.
- Medicine Practice.
- Department of Repertory.
- Department of Surgery.
The departments of postgraduate studies are listed below:
- Department of Homoeopathy medicine.
- Materia Medica.
- Department of Organon Of Medicine & Homoeopathic Philosophy.
- Department of Paediatrics Medical Practice.
- Department of Psychiatry.
- Department of Repertory.
Why Choose Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College?
The college not only provides an excellent academic environment but also encourages students’ creativity and professional development. This place provides an excellent learning environment for its pupils. It has the following distinct features:
- Women Empowerment Cell
One thing that is unique about this institute is that it promotes the idea of women’s empowerment. It has made its students aware of the roles that women play in the upliftment of society and how they are playing an important role in the field of medicine.
Each year, several workshops are held to support not only medical profession growth but also growth in other fields like E-content creation.
- Student Service Centre
Salem Homoeopathy College and Hospital, has established a Students Services Centre (SSC) as a part of UGC recommendations for promoting physical fitness, athletics, student health, welfare, psychological health, and emotional health at higher educational institutions in India.
- Seminar Hall
The seminar room is enormous with a theatrical layout. Around 200 people may be accommodated without difficulty. It is excellent for international conferences, information sessions, workshops, seminars, concerts, lectures, etc. and is completely air-conditioned. The room is completely furnished with cutting-edge audio-visual equipment that offers services like video conferencing, a sound system, and audio-visual content.
- Excellent Academic Surrounding
The institute supports the students academically through its well-qualified trained professors, by providing them with the proper library and laboratories to access education beyond their curriculum and to practise what they have learnt. The campus has many other modern amenities for its students that are highly beneficial for academic growth. This makes it the most reputed homoeopathic medical college in Tamil Nadu.
The gist of the unique features offered by the institute is:
- The teaching faculty is highly skilled and experienced.
- Best infrastructure with a strong academic atmosphere.
- Boys and girls have separate hostels.
- Laboratories are well-equipped.
- Complete central library with current books and journals.
- Clinical training is provided at a 50-bed hospital with several specialised sections.
- Clinical teaching is provided to students and interns.
Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College Admissions
If you are planning to excel in homoeopathy medicine, the following are the courses that this institute offers to you:
B.H.M.S (Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery)
- Duration of the Course: 4.5 years + 1 Year compulsory rotatory residential internship.
- Total Intake: 100.
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old or above as of December 31 of the admission year. 25 years is the maximum age.
- Unreserved Candidates must have earned an average of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English at the qualifying test and SC, ST, and OBC must have a 40% average in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Candidates must have achieved the required percentile score in the NEET (UG) exam, which was administered by the NTA, New Delhi.
- Candidates seeking admission to BHMS Degree Course in Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Salem is allotted for admission through Centralised Counselling by AYUSH Admissions Central. Counselling Committee (AACCC) of Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- For admission to BHMS Degree Course for the academic year Candidates are thus advised to contact the (AACCC) of the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Candidates must have secured an appropriate Percentile score in the NEET (UG) 2020 exam administered by the NTA in New Delhi.
Documents Required for BHMS Admission
- Class 10th certificate/ Scorecard.
- Class 12th Scorecard or equivalent.
- Admit Card of NEET-UG.
- NEET UG Score Card/Result.
- Certificate of Category (if applicable).
- Tamil Nadu residency certificate.
- High school Transfer certificate.
MD (Hom) (Doctor of Medicine in Homoeopathy)
- Duration of the course: 3 Years Minimum.
- Total Intake: Around 35.
Eligibility Criteria for MD (Hom)
- The candidate should be a B.H.M.S graduate.
- Candidates should have secured an appropriate cut-off score in AIAPGET.
- The admission offer letter issued by the AACCC, Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, New Delhi, is contingent upon the candidates meeting all eligibility requirements outlined by the CCH and being in good health.
- All university regulations, such as those governing fee refunds, disciplinary actions, and dorm regulations, will apply to students.
Documents Required for MD (Hom) Admission
- AIAPGET scorecard.
- Admit Card of AIAPGET.
- BHMS mark sheets.
- BHMS Degree Certificate, which serves as the qualifying examination certificate. certificate from the institution’s head attesting to the completion of the internship.
- certificate from the tenth grade as proof of birth.
- Valid government-issued identification documents (driver’s license, PAN card, voter ID, passport, or Aadhar card).
- medical certification for physical impairment, if necessary.
- SC/ST/OBC certificate (if necessary).
A prestigious institute like VMHMC has a fantastic team that is specifically curated to help you during the admission process. With special regard to admission requirements for specific departments and programmes, you can always get in touch with them. However, if you want someone to just hand it over to you in the comfort of your home, do think of us.
Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic College Fee Structure
Here is a piece of detailed information about Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College fee structure:
BHMS Fees Structure
|Course Fee Details
|Amount in Rs
|Annual Tuition Fee
|Amount (in INR)
|Registration Fee of University (to be paid at the time of admission)
|Eligibility Certificate Fee (to be paid at the time of admission)
|Library Fee, Sports Fee, Lab Coat, Development Fee, ID Card, Books & Records, Misc. & Utility Charges.
MD (Hom) Fee Structure
|Total No. of Seat
|Tuition fee per year under General Category Rs.
|MD (Hom) Practice of Medicine
|MD (Hom) Paediatrics
|MD (Hom) Materia Medica
|MD (Hom) Repertory
|MD (Hom) Organon of Medicine with Homoeopathic Philosophy
|MD (Hom) Homoeopathic Pharmacy
|MD (Hom) Psychiatry
Hostel & Mess Fee
|Amount (in INR)
|Hostel Rent per year
|Mess fee per year
- The tuition fee is required to be submitted in the form of a Demand Draft issued in favour of the college or you can also pay through NEFT/RTGS.
- Hostel and mess fees must be paid by candidates using two separate demand drafts that are issued in the management’s favour.
- Every student must pay the tuition fee and any additional fees as required by the University by the due date.
- Partial payment of tuition and other fees is not accepted.
- No extensions of time for payment of fees will be granted under any circumstances.
- At the time of admission, candidates should sign declarations/undertakings declaring that they will abide by the University’s rules and regulations, including the Anti-Ragging regulatory requirements of the UGC/ CCH / AYUSH, and that they will demonstrate good conduct and behaviour, and that they are bound by the University’s rules on payment of fees/refund of fees.
Career Opportunities & Scope
- Through its career advice programmes, which are periodically presented on campus, the college offers appropriate guidance.
- Great support is provided during the internship so that the students can convert their internships to jobs or get guidance on how to capture a job.
- Career Guidance: They organise events like Educational Expo so that students get to explore various career paths and can decide what to choose for themselves. They get to display their talents and capability through these programmes.
- Many Mega-placement drives are held mostly in March and April. They also organise online drives for their students and as a result, most of their students get placed at highly reputed organisations.
Please contact us if you require more specific and up-to-date information about placements at the institution. Then, whenever you need assistance, our experienced team will be able to provide answers to your queries.
Ranking & Recognitions
As you have probably seen, there isn’t much information on the institution’s website indicating its ranking. However, according to our sources, the college enjoys an excellent reputation and a high ranking not just in Tamil Nadu but across India. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our team members. We will do our best to answer any of your concerns and provide you with more recent information about the institute’s current ranking.
Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College Reviews
The College is quite proud of its excellent faculty, welcoming & learning atmosphere, and upper-edge library resources. It is a reputable institution with first-rate amenities. Students are taught to produce high professional standards while also being encouraged to become the best version of themselves by the institute.
While also giving back to the greater society, students acquire skills to be independent. The institute comprises a variety of facilities like offices, labs, classrooms, dorms, hostels, and libraries. Because it has a campus with lovely trees and flowering flowers, it offers a suitable environment for research and patient care. The institution has advanced equipment to deliver modern education.
- Academic events
Academic activities are organized nearly every month to foster various abilities and allow individuals to develop from within. Not only is the curriculum prioritized, but so are extracurricular activities.
- Social Events
The institution organizes social activities in an attempt to encourage their pupils to contribute to improving the country. Here, they get knowledge of the actual difficulties the world is dealing with as well as the responsibilities that doctors are expected to perform to assist society in resolving these problems.
- Sports and fitness
Everyone’s physical and mental wellness is crucial for living a good life. The institution provides a fitness center where students may concentrate on their physical health. The college hosts sporting activities to foster a sense of togetherness. They also encourage meditation so that people may pay attention to their mental wellness.
- Student Council
The student council takes care that the students don’t face any issues at college. Most of the time they address students’ issues to the higher authorities. Student council meetings are held to discuss the last six months’ activities, the upcoming six months’ plans, student facilities, cultural events, and dress codes and reports are produced to be handed over to the higher authority.
- Anti-Ragging Committee
They take care that no students are being bullied or ragged on the college campus making this campus environment more safe and suitable for anyone.
Address: Sankari Main Road, Seeragapadi, Salem, Tamil Nadu.
- Phone: 094898 55694.
- Email: principal.vmhmc vmu.edu.in.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take to complete a B.H.M.S course from Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College (VMHMS)?
It takes 5 years and 6 months to complete the B.H.M.S course from VMHMC.
2. Do they offer internships at VMHMS?
Yes, they offer a rotatory residential internship which is compulsory after completion of 4year 6 months of B.H.M.S course.
3. How can we enrol for a B.H.M.S course at VMHMS?
Candidates are required to clear the NEET exam to be able to enrol for the course.
4. How do we enrol for an M.D (Hom) course at VMHMS?
You have to clear the AIAPGET exam to enrol for this course.
5. Does VMHMS offer direct admissions?
Direct admission is not impossible because there are no management quota seats in the college.
6. What M.D (Hom) programmes does VMHMS offer?
They offer 7 programmes for MD (Hom), they are MD (Hom) Practice of Medicine, MD (Hom) Paediatrics, MD (Hom) Materia Medica, MD (Hom) Repertory, MD (Hom) Organon of Medicine with Homoeopathic Philosophy, MD (Hom) Homoeopathic Pharmacy, MD (Hom) Psychiatry.
7. Where is VMHMS, Salem campus located?
It is located at Sankari Main Road, Seeragapadi, Salem, Tamil Nadu.
8. How are seats allocated at VMHMS?
Candidates will be allotted seats based on choices made, availability of seats, state merit rank, and seat reservation.
If you are looking for other homeopathy colleges, you can check out my detailed post following the link below:
Take a Moment:
We’d love your reviews posted in the comment box below. If you have been an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree from Vinayaka Mission Homoeopathic Medical College, please do share your views about your experiences at the college. This will just take a moment, but certainly it can help the budding BHMS aspirants in their educational quest or future careers.