Laws are our basic fundamental rights which we are supposed to know about. Now, when the laws and its constituents are evolving and changing, professionals with an adequate knowledge are required. Skilled lawyers can help in transforming and bringing a change in the mindset of people. Law courses are increasingly becoming popular due to returns it fetches after course completion. Here, let me give you more information about another top college, Alliance School of Law Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Alliance School of Law Overview
- Admissions at Alliance Law School
- Courses Offered
- Alliance Law School Fees
- Career and Placements
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Alliance School of Law Overview
The institution comes under the Alliance University, which is a private university founded under the Karnataka State Act No. 34 in 2010. It is recognised by the UGC, New Delhi. The main objective of the University is to promote quality education and research which helps in improving the future of the students.
|Name||Alliance School of Law|
|Address||Alliance University,Chikkahagade Cross,Chandapura Anekal Main Road,Bangalore,Karnataka|
|Affliated to||University Grants Commission(UGC)|
|Approved By||Bar Council of India,New Delhi|
|Hostel||Both boys and girls|
Alliance School of Law Bangalore has been at the forefront in legal education. The Alliance University is known to bring out a new generation of scientists, artists, business icons, reformists and scholars, who will help in bringing a transformation to the society as well as community. It is among the most sought after universities in the world. The colleges which come under the Alliance University are:
- Alliance School of Business.
- Alliance College of Engineering and Design.
- Alliance School of Law.
- Alliance Ascent College.
- Alliance School of Liberal Arts.
Alliance School of Law Bangalore is recognized by the university Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by Bar Council of India, New Delhi. It offers 2 undergraduate courses, which are Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Law Honors (BA LLB Hons) and Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Law Honors (BBA LLB Hons). The college also offers a postgraduate Master of Law Course (LLM).
Why Study Law at Alliance University?
- The college offers integrated courses with honors specialisation.
- It has a relevant, intensive and progressive course structure.
- The curriculum is handled by highly experienced full time faculty and also by eminent people from the judiciary and international faculty.
- The teaching methodology includes case studies, interactive as well as practical learning.
- It offers interaction with experts in the legal field.
- There is a mock court where the proceedings take place. Visits to the courts which are in session are also organized.
- The institute has a world class infrastructure.
- It has a vast library with top class digital legal resources.
- Internships and placements are provided in top companies and legal firms.
- Students are eligible for scholarships.
Admissions at Alliance Law School
The candidates must meet the eligibility criteria for the course. After meeting the eligibility criteria, you are required to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the admissions on the college website
Step 2: Select the course and fill in the relevant details.
Step 3: After filling the form, you need to pay the application fees.
Step 4: Once the application fee is paid, you will be receiving acknowledgement from the college.
Step 5: The students must select a suitable date for the Alliance Selection Process (On that day, the students are asked to provide solutions to real life situations. Their performance is judged by the panel. The test provides an insight into the innovative teaching methods).
Step 6: Once the process of selection is completed, the Admissions Team will assess each profile and results are declared the same day.
Eligibility for BA LLB (Hons) & BBA LLB (Hons)
Admissions to the course is based on merit. The eligibility criteria for getting admissions to UG programs like BA LLB Hons and BBA LLB Honors is:
- Candidates must have passed PUC/12th Standard or any equivalent examination from a recognised board with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- For SC/ ST candidates, the minimum aggregate should be 45% marks.
- The age limit for the general candidates is 20 years and for SC/ ST/ backward communities, the age limit is 22 years.
Documents Required for UG Courses
Documents required during admissions to BA LLB Hons and BBA LLB Honors are:
- 12th Standard/PUC/10 +2 Mark sheet
- 10th Standard/SLC Mark sheet (Date of Birth Proof)
- Transfer Certificate
- Certificate of Migration
- SC/ ST Caste Certificate (if applicable)
Eligibility for LLM
The eligibility criteria for getting admissions to LLM is:
- Candidates must have completed LLB/ BL or any other graduate level degree in Law which is recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- The minimum aggregate marks scored must be 45%.
- For SC/ ST and Reserved Category, the aggregate marks must be 40%.
Documents Required for LLM
Documents required during admissions to LLM are:
- Year wise Mark sheet of BL/ LLB
- Passing Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste/ SC/ ST Certificate(if applicable)
Selection Process to the courses takes places in the following way:
- Candidates must obtain a high score in ACLAT (Alliance Common Law Entrance Test)
- Personal interview
- The college also uses other criteria such as academic and extra-curricular performance for at the school and the college level.
- Final Selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the Selection Process
Important Admission Dates
|Course||LVP Commencement Date||Batch Commencement|
|B.A LLB Honors||1 July 2022||28 July 2022|
|B.B.A LLB Honors||1 July 2022||28 July 2022|
|LLM(Last Date of Application:30 June 2022)||18 August 2022||15 September 2022|
*Learner Value Proposition program
Alliance School of Law Bangalore offers 2 undergraduate courses in Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Law Honors (BA LLB Honors), Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Law Honors (B.B.A LLB Honors) and a postgraduate program in Master of Law (LLM).
BA LLB Honors
Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Law Honors or B.A LLB Honors is a full time course for a duration of 5 years. The program includes subjects such as Political Science, Sociology, Economics and English. A lawyer must have knowledge about the social sciences, so as to bring social changes in the society.
The specialisations offered are:
- Intellectual Property Rights Law
- Constitutional Law
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
BBA LLB Honors
Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Law Honors or B.B.A LLB Honors is a full time course for a duration of 5 years. The program trains the students in various subjects such as Finance, Management as well as languages. It has been designed in a way to make the students understand the legal and the management systems equally, which will help them in their profession.
The specializations offered are:
- Intellectual Property Rights Law.
- Business Law.
- Constitutional Law.
- Criminal Law.
Master of Law (LLM)
Master of Law or LLM is a full time postgraduate course for a duration of 1 year. It helps the students gain knowledge on subjects like legal principles, law, justice and governance along with good research skills and expertise in the course subjects.
The specialisations offered are:
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Criminal and Security Law
- Taxation Law
- Legal Pedagogy and Research
Alliance School of Law Bangalore is committed to providing world class education in the field of law and governance. In order to achieve this objective, the course structure and the teaching methods prepares its students in the local, international and comparative law subjects. They study the compulsory subjects and select from the elective subjects. The graduates acquire teaching and lawyer skills from training and clinical activities. The legal course helps in developing research and writing skills.
Alliance Law School Fees
The fees structure for the various courses offered at Alliance School of Law are:
|BA LLB (Honors)||Rs 2,00,000/-||5 years|
|BBA LLB (Honors)||Rs 2,00,000/-||5 years|
|LLM||Rs 2,00,000/-||1 year|
Payment Method Options
The course fees can be paid either by the online payment method or the RTGS and NEFT transfer. You just need to go to the Admission office for the course and fill the form, with your details and make the fees payment.
Scholarships with 100% waiver on tuition fees are provided to students from all courses. Merit scholarships are awarded based on the National Entrance Examination Scores and Scores in Academics. It is announced by the Alliance Scholarship Committee. Scholarships of Rs 6 Crores are given to the meritorious students. Category based scholarships are offered by the office of the Registrar on a first come, first serve basis.
Alliance University has got tie ups with many banks and financial institutions, for providing financial assistance to the students. It helps in making the application process easy and simple and also to help them to pursue higher studies.
The documents required for getting education loans are:
- Admission Letter of Alliance University mentioning the year wise course fees and hostel fees.
- Scholarship letter (if any).
- Passport size photos of the applicants/ co-applicants and the guarantors.
- Mark sheets or Degree Certificate of the academic qualification.
- Proof of Income/ Latest Income tax returns of the guarantor/ co-applicant(if any).
- Collateral Details with valuation by a certified Government valuer.
- Bank statements of the bank accounts of the co-applicant or guarantor for the last 3 to 6 months.
The hostel fees for the Alliance School of Law is:
Hostel Security Deposit:
- Security Deposit Rs 13,000/-
- One time hostel deposit Rs 2000/-
- Hostel Deposit Amount Rs 15,000/-
|Details||Triple Occupancy/Quadrapule Occupancy||Double Occupancy||Single Occupancy|
|Rs 72,000/-||Rs 84,000/-||Rs 96,000/-|
|Boys(On Campus)||–||Rs 84,000/-||Rs 96,000/-|
|Boys(Off Campus)-Close to 700 metres from University||Rs 66,000/-||Rs 75,000||–|
Career and Placements
Alliance School of Law Bangalore helps the students to get placements and internships through the Career Management and Networking office. The placement team provides internships and placements throughout the year.
The Career Management and Networking office builds relationships with professionals from the industry and across various sectors. It guides them about the latest career options and also provides updates on legal internships and placements.
The main objectives of the CAN are:
- It acts as an interface between legal practitioners and the student body
- Has a database of thousand companies, law firms and legal professionals who are currently working in different positions across the sectors of the industry
- Keeps in constant touch with the prospective legal companies regarding the openings in the companies
- Helps in grooming the students to get placements and internships in the top legal companies and law firms
|Crest Law Partner Advocates||Dream Gains||Federal Banks||Spice Route Legal|
Rankings and Recognitions
Alliance School of Law Bangalore is recognised by the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi. It is affiliated to the University Grants Commission (UGC). It is ranked among the top colleges offering courses in law.
- Ranked #11 Law School for Outstanding Excellence in the survey conducted by CSR-GHRDC School Survey 2018.
- Ranked #16 Best Private School in India by career 360.com in the year 2019.
- Awarded with Most Promising Law School by GHRDC Law School Survey.
- Alliance University was rated as ‘GOLD’ standards by the QS I- GAUGE Rating.
- On February 25 and February 26 2020, Alliance University was awarded the Most Preferred Private University of the Year- South and Most Preferred B-School Providing Global Exposure.
- In the NIRF Rankings 2020, Alliance University Ranked 39th among the management institutions and IIM’s and 159th among the engineering institutions and IIT’s.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The Alliance University Campus offers a conducive environment for the young people to generate new ideas and encourage thinking in developing the thinking and learning skills. The location of the campus is on the Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura Anekal Main Road in the city of Bangalore. Its green, quiet and mesmerizing environment, makes the students feel homely. It is a modern campus with excellent infrastructure facilities. Facilities available on campus are:
Alliance University campus is a place where the students live and learn throughout the duration of the course. They are made to feel that it is a home away from their home. It offers the facilities as per international standards. There are separate hostels for both boys and girls. The wardens are present all the time to make them feel safe as well and solve their issues.
Hostel rooms are well ventilated, airy and spacious with facilities such as bed, study table, cupboard and internet facility. The rooms are single rooms, double rooms and triple sharing rooms.
Dining Hall and Cafeteria
It has modernised dining halls so that the students get the best experiences in dining. A well equipped kitchen with kitchen equipment, produces a variety of multi cuisine delicacies. It ensures the health and nutrition of the students.
Alliance University has a 50,000 sq. space for the library. It is the knowledge centre of the campus. It is modernised and helps provide a learning environment. It has a vast collection of books and research material. There are reference books, study materials, magazines, journals, case studies and research papers.
Sports and Recreation
Sports and extra-curricular activities are given a lot of importance at Alliance University. It helps in promoting the physical and mental wellbeing of the students. Sports and recreation facilities available on campus are:
- Volleyball Court.
- Basketball Court.
- Table Tennis.
- Yoga Centre.
- Dance Studio.
- Tracks for Running.
- Mini Fields for Cricket, Football and Frisbee.
The University believes in making the students comfortable during their stay on the campus. It provides basic amenities such as ATM’s, Saloons, Bookstores and laundry rooms.
Alliance School of Law Bangalore is connected well with the city. It provides the best transportation for the students, faculty members and the staff. The buses go to and fro to different routes throughout the city. It offers the pickup and drop facilities for students and staff to various parts of the city. The bus drivers are trained and have an upgrade of their skills on a regular basis.
Alliance School of Law understands the importance of health and well-being. It provides the necessary support to its students and staff. It has a small emergency room, residential doctor and round the clock ambulance facilities available for them. There are experienced counselors who talk to the students about their mental and emotional well-being.
College Contact Details
Address: Alliance University Campus, Anekal, Karnataka 562107.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 080-46199003.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Alliance School of Law located?
The college is located at Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura Anekal Main Road, Bangalore, Karnataka.
2. Are the courses approved?
Yes, the courses are approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi.
3. What are courses offered in college?
The courses offered by the college are undergraduate BA LLB (Honors), BBA LLB (Honors) and postgraduate LLM Course.
4. What is the duration of the B.A LLB (Honors) course?
BA LLB (Honors) is a full time course for a duration of 5 years.
5. Are placements provided to the students?
Yes, placements are provided to the students.
6. Does the college provide hostel accommodation?
Yes, the college provides hostel accommodation to both boys and girls.
7. What is the duration of the LLM course?
LLM is a postgraduate full time course for a duration of 1 year.
8. What is the fees structure for the courses?
The yearly fees for BA LLB (Honors) and B.B.A LLB (Honors) is Rs 2, 00,000/- and for LLM is Rs 2, 00,000/-.
Want to checkout another law college? Follow the link below:
A humble request:
Thank you readers for the encouragement and support on our blogs. Write a review on our website, if you are student currently pursuing law course in the college or a passed out alumni. It can be of great help to the upcoming batch of law graduates.