To solve the most complex and difficult problems in our lives, approaches must be centered around individuals. The legal system in India has different forms of laws which come under its purview. For a normal person, its a mammoth task to go through the system. It take time to get justice. Lawyers are the people who can get you the solutions, to the problems. You need to study law to become a lawyer. One of the best known colleges offering law courses is Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Overview
- Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Admissions
- Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Courses
- Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Fees
- Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Placements
- Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Rankings
- Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Overview
BHS Society for Higher Education is a 76 year old institution, which started in the year 1942 by a group of academicians and philantropists.It aims to provide education to both boys and girls in Bangalore. In the same year, Bangalore High School was started in a rented place Vishveswarapuram in Bangalore.
|Name||Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies|
|Address||Vijaya College Campus,R.V.Road,Basavangudi,Bangalore 560004|
|Affiliated to||Karnataka State Law University|
|Approved by||Bar Council of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/Full time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
In the following two decades from 1955 to 1975, there was massive developments in the education field and also in the city of Bangalore. Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies was founded at Jayanagar in the year 1993 and subsequently, it was shifted to the R.V. Road campus.
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies is located at the Vijaya College Campus, R.V. Road, Basavangudi, Bangalore. It is affiliated to Karnataka State Law University and its courses are approved by the Bar Council of India. Dean of the institution is Shri. N. B. Bhat, The Principal of the College is Prof. Preeti S Desai. It offers the 5 years B.A LLB Degree Course.
The college has got excellent infrastructure facilities like the hostels, library, reading room, research laboratories, classrooms, moot court hall, labs and so on.
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Admissions
The admission process for the courses offered at the college is:
Step1: An application fees of Rs 500 must be paid to the college, through the NEFT and the transaction number must be kept in mind before filing the application forms online.
Step2: You need to go to Admissions in the website and press the Apply Now button.
Step3: Fill in the relevant details correctly for getting admission.
Step 4: After that, please enter the correct UTR Number or Transaction ID in the section of the payment details, before submitting the application form.
Step5: Enclose the necessary documents along with two passport size and two stamp size photographs at the time of getting admissions.
Step 6: Please keep a copy of the form with yourself for future reference.
Eligibility for BA LLB
The eligibility criteria for B.A LLB Course is:
- Candidates must have completed the PUC/Senior Secondary/12th Standard or equivalents such as 11+1 Level ‘A’ in the Senior Secondary School Level Course from any recognised university which is in India or is recognised by the State Government or any equivalent institution from a foreign country, which is recognised, can apply for the course
- Must have obtained the Higher Secondary/12th Standard from distance or correspondence are eligible for getting admissions
- The minimum aggregate score for the General Category is 45% and the marks for the SC/ST category is 40%
- The age limit for the candidates in the General Category is 20 years and for the SC/ST candidates and other communities, it is 22 years as on June 1st in the year of admissions
Documents Required for BA LLB
Documents required for getting admissions to B.A LLB Course are:
- PUC/12th Standard/10+2 Mark sheet.
- SSLC Mark sheet.
- Caste Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Two stamp size and two passport size photos.
Admissions Rules and Regulations
The regulations governing the 5 year B.A.LLB Course are:
Commencement-The regulations to the course have come into force from the academic year 2009-10.
- Integrated Degree in Law refers to a double degree comprising of bachelor’s degree in Arts along with Degree in law, combined together by the University for a period which is not less than five years.
- In the Regulations, the words University, University Area,College,Affliated College,Departments,Department of Studies,Teachers,have the similar meaning under section 2 of the Karnataka State University Act 2009
Course and Duration
- B.A LLB is an integrated course which combines Bachelor in Arts with Bachelor in Law
- The academic year is divided into 2 semesters
- Syllabus and the papers are given according to the regulations
Instruction and Training
- Training and Instructions should not be less than 30 hours per week, which includes minimum of 24 lectures per week,tutorials,moot exercises as well as seminars
- Each paper must have four hours class, each class of one hour duration and one hour for seminar/courts/projects
- The student should complete a minimum of 20 weeks of internship under NGO,Trial and Appellate Advocates,Judiciary,Legal Authorities, Legislatures and Parliament and other legal bodies
Department of Studies in Law which is offering the B.A LLB Course, should not admit more than 60 students in one class
Tuition Fees and other Fees
Candidates admitted to the course should pay the tuition fees and other fees, which is prescribed by the University.
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Courses
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies offers B.A LLB Integrated Degree course for a duration of 5 years. It is a professional degree which includes study of law along with subjects such as history, political science, sociology. It is amongst the most popular course.
It helps in improving knowledge in specialised subjects like Business Law, Law of the Constitution, Code of Civil Procedure, Election Laws, Economics, Pleading and Drafting and so.These disciplines ensure a financially stable career. After completion of the course, you can either go for pursuing higher education such as the LLM or Ph.D.
Why Study BA LLB?
In today’s world, legal profession has become the most sought after course with lots of job opportunities available in India and abroad. The degree helps to simulate, gratify, learn and also help in financial growth.
The job involves handling the legal doubts and queries, drafting the documents and also representing the firm as a legal executive. The reasons to study B.A LLB are:
Lots of job opportunities
The legal system in India has created a vast number of job opportunities in the legal field. There are openings in the diversified fields in multiple positions in the field. The job profiles include lawyer, legal consultant, lecturer and public prosecutor.
Servicing the clients is the most important part in the legal profession. In cases, where you are required to represent the company as the corporate lawyer, settling a property related dispute or clerk doing research on the issues of tax, for providing help legally.
Opportunity for Growth
Expansion of the business firms, increase in profitability, increase in the incomes etc. Has led to the increase in demand in the legal profession. Hence, there is a high growth potential, with the increase in salaries with the rise in incomes.
Law has always been the most respected career in the society. If you take up, law as your profession, then lots of career opportunities are available in the legal field.
Faculties play a vital role in shaping, moulding and mentoring the students during the course time. Each faculty has got substantial experience in the field of law, which they share with the students. Principal of the college is Prof. Preeti S Desai.Her team of faculty members are:
- Smt. Chaya B. V- Assistant Professor
- SMT.Vinutha D.N- Assistant Professor
- Smt.Vimala Raj.B- Assistant Professor
- Shri. Ramesh G-Assistant Professor
- Ms Ambika Bhat K S-Assistant Professor
- Ms. Aysha Fida- Assistant Professor
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Fees
The fees structure for the various courses offered at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies is:
|B.A LLB||Rs 72,485/-||5 years|
Payment Method Options
The college gives different options for payment of fees. You can pay the fees by making an online payment, RTGS or the NEFT Transfer. The details regarding the options available is mentioned on the website of the college.
The institution has created the BHS HES Student Welfare Fund for awarding scholarships to the students who are studying at BHS HES Group of Institutions. Each year, students from the Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies are selected and are awarded Rs 35,000 as the scholarship amount.
Students who are unable to afford the full payment of the fees, can go for educational loans. The college has got tie-ups with various banks which offer such loans at reasonable interest rates.
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Placements
The annual intake of students at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies is 60 students per year. Due to a smaller group, lots of attention is paid on the academics and personality development. The placement committee is in charge of internships and placement activities.
The whole year is divided into 2 semesters of 6 months each. In between these semesters, the students have 2 vacations of 4 weeks each. It is during this time, students are motivated to join Law Firms, Advocates, NGO’s and Government Organisations.
Students who are in the first and second year are encouraged to dedicate their time in research, publication of articles in the journals of law as well as improving their skills in the Moot Court Panels in college.
|Huligol Law Chambers||Toyota KIrloskar||MKM Legal Solutions Pvt Ltd.||PS Rajagopal Associates|
|Soaring Casa Private Limited Aviation sector||Komarla Feeds||Kolle Law Associates||Exigent|
|Anup Shah Law Firm||Shivdas and Shivdas||Just Law Advocates||NoBroker.com|
Career in Law
Nowadays, law has become the most sought after and well paid professions in India. There is lot of scope as lots of job opportunities are available to the B.A LLB graduates. Some of the job profiles are:
- Public Prosecutor
- Legal advisor
- Corporate Lawyer
The college offers placements facility to all the students. The highest and the average package of the placements is given below:
- Highest Pay Package: INR 7 LPA.
- Average Pay Package: INR 3 LPA.
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Rankings
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies Is ranked among the top law colleges in Karnataka. The college has made more than 2630 lawyers, secured 51 ranks and won more than 10 gold medals in the University. It also has won many trophies in Moot Court Competitions, Debates, Essays, Sports and Cultural Events etc., thereby making a mark for the institution in the field of law.
- The Week Magazine conducted an All India Survey on the Best Private Law Colleges, published in the issue dated 15th August 2021, the college was ranked 29th in the Law Colleges All over India. It has got 20th position in the private colleges and 6th position in private colleges in the South Zone category
- In the Outlook I Care Rankings, the institution ranked on the 13th position out of 33 Private Colleges in India
- Competition Success Review CSR- GHRDC Survey 2021,the college ranked 7th in the top outstanding law colleges in India and Ranked 9th in Top law Schools in the State
- Outlook conducted India’s Top Professional Colleges Survey 2020,the institution was ranked 17th among the top 20 Private Institutes in India
- In the All India Survey of Law Colleges, conducted by India Today, the college secured 19th position amongst the top ten private colleges providing best value for money and secured 3rd position in the category of three gainer colleges with the highest leap over the previous years.
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies is located at Basavanagudi in Bangalore. The city is known as an educational and industrial hub. Students from all over India come to study and work here.It has got the best infrastructure facilities available to the students, during their stay on campus. The facilities available on campus are:
There is a separate building for the girl’s dormitory. Each floor has rooms, where the students can stay and study. The rooms are furnished with cots, study table and wadrobes.There is a warden present in the hostel always.
The college also provides mess facility to the students residing within the campus. Healthy and nutritious food is served at all times. North Indian and South Indian Cuisines are served in a very hygienic place.
The library at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies has around 7000 volumes of books from various streams. It has a vast collection of textbooks, reference books, journals and magazines. Reference system here is Wi-Fi enabled, which helps students and faculties to get access to the systems in the library.
The college believes in imparting hands on experience about the courts, to the students. It is a well-equipped court. The court proceedings happen under the guidance of Advocates and Sitting Judges.
Legal Aid Cell
Legal Aid refers to an arrangement made for delivering justice to the society.Noone should be denied access to the law based on caste,povery,literacy etc.
The research lab has computers which are installed on the systems in the lab.Manuputra software helps the students with their academic activities such as Moot Court, projects and other activities such as academic projects.
Extracurricular Activities and Outdoors
The students at Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies are encouraged to take part in sports and other extra-curricular activities. Sports at college level, district level and national level are organised in the campus.
In house Publications
The college has a group of writers who are motivated to write in these in-house publications. The in house magazines are published regularly.
College Contact Details
Address: Vijaya College Campus, Rashtriya Vidyalaya Rd, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone: 080-26933227.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies is affiliated to which University?
The college is affiliated to Karnataka State Law University.
2. Are the courses approved?
Yes, the courses are approved by the Bar Council of India.
3. What are the courses offered by the institute?
The institute offers undergraduate B.A LLB Course.
4. How much time does it take to complete B.A LLB?
It takes 5 year to complete the B.A LLB Course.
5. Is hostel accommodation available for the students?
Yes, hostel accommodation is available for both boys and girls.
6. Does the college have placements?
Yes, the college has placements for all the students.
7. What is the minimum package offered to the law graduates?
The minimum package offered to the law graduates is INR 3 LPA.
8. Where is the college located?
The college is located at Vijaya College Campus, R.V.Road, Basavangudi, Bangalore 560004.
9. Are scholarships provided to the students?
Yes, the college provides scholarships to students studying in the BHS HES Group of Institutions. The amount of scholarship is Rs 35,000.
10. What are the facilities available to the students on campus?
The facilities available to the students on campus are library, moot court hall, girl’s dormitory, canteen, legal aid cell, research lab and the outdoor activities.
You can go through my detailed post on another law college, if you are looking for one:
Take a moment
You visit our website on a regularly and follow our blogs. If you have passed out of Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies or doing the course there, please write a review for us. The future lawyers will be benefited by your views.