Do courses in medicine require NEET qualification? Is there a good scope for such courses? Will I get a good salary package? I can understand that you are deciding on your course options. I will help you out. Yes, most courses in medicine require one to be NEET qualified. There is immense scope in such fields as lucrative jobs are available for freshers. Ayurveda is a system of alternative medicine which has gained popularity these days. Karnataka is known for the best Ayurveda colleges in the country. Let me tell you more about Bapuji Ayurvedic College Chitradurga.
Table of Contents
- Bapuji Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admissions to Bapuji Ayurvedic College
- Ayurveda Course Offered
- Program Fees Strcuture
- Placements and Career Scope
- Bapuji Ayurvedic College Rankings
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bapuji Ayurvedic College Overview
The pioneers behind the Bapuji Education Society are Mr D Manjunath and Mr H Hanumanthappa. The main objective of starting the trust was to help the poor and needy people and to become an institution which sets standards of performance, devotion and dedication in the field. It was founded in the year 1996. The institution is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. It is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine and the Department of AYUSH, Government of India.
|Name||Bapuji Ayurvedic College|
|Address||Bapuji Education Society’s Bapuji Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital. Bapuji Campus. T R Nagar. Challakere – 577522 Chitradurga Dist Karnataka.|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicine, Department of AYUSH, Government of India, New Delhi|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Ayurveda is an ancient science of healing. According to the ancient texts, it is a science of life and longevity of life. In ancient times, Ayurveda was taught in top colleges and universities. It was after India got independence that Ayurveda started gaining importance.
Bapuji Ayurvedic College Chitradurga is the only college which has a hospital-integrated program which starts clinical training from the beginning. The students are given exposure to patients from different age groups. They get hands-on experience with patients’ histories and conduct physical examinations of the patients. It is a 150-bed super speciality hospital on campus. It aims to provide training with modern infrastructure facilities.
Vision: The vision of the college is to become the most preferred centre for academics in the field of academics, in the ayurvedic field. It aims to set world standards with its operations.
Mission: The mission of the institution is to provide students with the best quality education with advanced technology. To work towards the benefit of society and the community.
The Principal of the college is Dr Basarajappa C T. BAMS Course includes subjects like Metaphysics, Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology and so on. It provides knowledge about herbal plants, herbal medicine, making herbs mineral medicines, examination of the diseases and the treatment methods. The specialisations are ENT, Surgery, Obstetrics, Medicine and Panchakarma methods.
Why do BAMS at Bapuji Ayurvedic College?
The reasons for doing BAMS in college are:
- It has qualified faculties, excellent infrastructure and an Ayurveda hospital.
- The life of students comprises academics and extracurricular activities.
- The campus is located in a calm, quiet and serene place. It provides a favourable atmosphere to learn and study.
- It provides the best infrastructure facilities with classrooms, conference halls, departments, hospitals and faculties.
- Seminars, workshops and field visits are organized to develop knowledge in the field of Ayurveda.
Admissions to Bapuji Ayurvedic College
The admission procedure for the course at Bapuji Ayurvedic College Chitradurga is mentioned on the website. The steps to be followed are:
Step 1: Visit the admission section on the website.
Step 2: A form will appear and you need to fill the form with your personal details.
Step 3: Once it is done, upload the documents along with the application form.
Step 4: Pay the fees on the link mentioned.
Step 5: After completing the steps above, take a printout of the completed application form.
Eligibility for BAMS
The college offers BAMS courses for a duration of 5 years and 6 months. The annual intake for the course is 60 students. If you want admission to the course, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- The aspirant must have passed the Intermediate exam in Science from an approved or recognised college or institution.
- The combined score for Physics, Chemistry and Biology must be 50 %. It must also include marks in the practicals.
- Must also have English as one of the compulsory subjects.
- You must be eligible for the NEET.
Documents Required (Karnataka Students)
Documents required to get admission to the BAMS course for students in Karnataka are:
- 10th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Migration Certificate.
- Study Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Certificate of Domicile.
- NEET Scorecard.
- NEET Admit Card.
- 2 passport-size photos.
Documents Required (Non-Karnataka Students)
Documents required for non-Karnataka students are:
- Eligibility Certificate for BAMS Course from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Online Fees Receipt.
- Copies of Marksheets of the passed qualification examination.
- Date of birth proof.
- Transfer Certificate.
NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is an All India level entrance examination. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency. It is an examination for getting admission to medical courses in the top colleges, universities and Deemed Universities. The important dates are:
|Registration for NEET||6 April 2022 – 20 May 2022|
|Date of NEET examination||17 July 2022|
|Release of the Answer Keys||17 August 2022|
|NEET Result Date||8 September 2022|
The cut-off marks are the minimum score the students are required to get in order to qualify for the NEET examination. There are 2 kinds of cut-off, one is the cut-off for admission and the other is the cut-off for qualifying. The cut-off for admission refers to the last rank at which any aspirant can get admission, whereas the cut-off for qualifying is the least marks that an aspirant can score in the examination. The cut-offs for various categories are:
|Particulars||Cut off Score Range||Percentile|
|Unreserved/Economically Weaker Section||715 – 117||50|
|Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward Caste||116 – 93||40|
|Physically Handicapped General||116 – 105||45|
|Physically Handicapped for Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe/Other Backward Caste||104 – 93||40|
Ayurveda Course Offered
Bapuji Ayurvedic College Chitradurga offers undergraduate level, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. The program is also known as BAMS. It is for a total duration of 5 years and 6 months which includes 1 year of internship. It provides knowledge and also trains the students in the ayurvedic field and the different methods of healing. It is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine and the Ministry of AYUSH.
The course consists of techniques and methods of purification of the body, reducing stress levels, removing toxins and building the immunity of the body. The techniques and methods used to ensure to bring the balance between the mind, body and soul.
Who can Pursue BAMS?
The following students can do the BAMS course:
- Those who are interested and inclined towards taking up medicine and also learning more about the methods of healing can take the course.
- Should have completed 12th Standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board.
- Aspirants who want to learn more about the other types of treatments which are used for the treatment of diseases.
Bapuji Ayurvedic College Chitradurga has a team of well-experienced and highly qualified faculties in the field. Each of them has published research papers in top journals. They help to provide guidance, mentoring and knowledge development to the students. Some of the faculty members of the college are:
- Dr Santosh Reddy S T – Reader.
- Dr Anusha Baburaj – Lecturer.
- Shobha C T – Lecturer.
- Dr Basavappa C T – Professor.
- Dr Aqueeb Javed – Lecturer.
- Dr Mone Damodar – Lecturer.
- Dr Niranjan P M – Lecturer.
- Dr Chitra S – Lecturer.
- Dr Sunil Kumar J T – Lecturer.
- Dr Leelavathi T M – Professor and many more.
Program Fees Strcuture
The fees structure for BAMS at Bapuji Ayurvedic College Chitradurga is:
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery BAMS||–||5 years 6 months|
Payment Method Options
What are the methods available to make the fee payments? Are these methods safe? Parents have such questions always on their minds. Yes, there are various methods of fee payment and these payment methods are safe also. Nowadays, the college makes such options available to reduce time and provide convenience with just a click. Various payment options given by the college are:
- Demand Draft.
- Debit Card/ Credit Card.
- Payment made through UPI.
- Online Banking.
- NEFT/RTGS transfer.
Yes, colleges provide scholarships to students. In these times, it is a costly affair to get medical education in India. Scholarships are given to ease the burden of the parents and also help the students to pursue higher studies in the field. Some of the scholarships given to BAMS students are:
- NSDL Shiksha Sahyog Scholarship.
- National Merit cum Means Scholarship.
- Karnataka Scholarships for Minorities.
- AYUSH Scholarship Scheme.
- Nationwide Education and Scholarship Scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for getting scholarships
If you want to avail the scholarship, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Students who have registered and written the final examination in any college or university can apply for scholarships.
- Those students who are in the 1st and 2nd year of the Medical Course can also apply in Category 1.
- 2nd and 3rd-year students can apply under category 2.
Getting your children educated in a good college has become very expensive. Education loans help the parents as well as reduce the burden of fees payment. It is a term loan given to .Indian nationals for pursuing higher education in the country and abroad.
Eligibility to get an education loan
There are certain eligibility criteria which you must fulfil to get the sanction of the education loan. The eligibility criteria is:
- Must get admission to graduate, post-graduate, professional degree or diploma course in the courses or universities which are approved by AICTE and UGC.
- Teacher training or courses in nursing in State Government or Central Government Colleges.
- Job-related and technical education like MBA, MCA, MS and so, from Universities.
Expenses covered under the education loan
The expenses which are covered under the education loan are:
- Tuition Fees.
- Hostel Fees.
- Exam Fees.
- Laboratory Fees.
- Library Fees.
- Purchases of books and equipment.
- Uniform Purchases.
- Caution Deposit.
- Travel expenses.
- Study tours and educational visits.
Placements and Career Scope
The placement department of the college takes care of the placements and internships. The students get themselves registered with their personal details and information. The placements take place at the end of the final year. It conducts conferences, workshops and mock interviews with industry experts. They make the students aware of the current happenings in the field of Ayurveda.
Relevant Job Sectors
Previously there were very few options available after completing BAMS. Either the students would go for higher education or open their own clinic. Nowadays, an ample number of opportunities are available for making a good career in the field. The sectors where jobs are available are:
- Health Resorts.
- Educational Institutions.
- Research Centres.
- Wellness Spas.
- Private and Government Hospitals.
- Community Health Centres.
- Pharmaceutical Companies.
- Marketing Division.
- Sales Department.
Job Profiles for BAMS Grads
BAMS course has gained a lot of popularity in these times. Due to the emergence of lifestyle diseases and health issues, the demand for knowledgeable and well-trained doctors has increased in India and abroad. Different industries are looking to recruit graduates and give them lucrative salaries. Some of the job profiles offered are:
- Sales Development Manager.
- Clinical Trials Coordinator.
- Research Assistant.
- Ayurvedic Doctor.
- Product Manager.
- Claims Manager.
Job opportunities are available across sectors for freshers and experienced graduates. The salary package offered varies according to experience. Nowadays, openings are available for Ayurveda in other countries also. The salary packages available to BAMS graduates are:
|Minimum salary package||INR 3 LPA|
|Average salary package||INR 2.5 LPA|
|Maximum salary package||INR 6.5 LPA|
Top Recruiters for BAMS graduates are:
- Charak Pharma Limited.
- Himalaya Drug Company.
- Zandu Pharmaceuticals.
- Emami Ltd.
- Patanjali Ayurveda.
- Hamdard Laboratories.
- Taj Group of Hotels.
Bapuji Ayurvedic College Rankings
Bapuji Ayurvedic College Chitradurga is ranked among the best Ayurveda colleges in Karnataka. It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The course is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine and the Department of AYUSH, Government of India. The students get placements in the top private hospitals and research institutions. It has a good ranking because of its course, facilities, faculties and placements.
- Dr Vijay Kumar Halli was awarded the Fellow of Ano Rectum Concili Scientiarium by the Indian Practology Society in January 2020.
- The toppers for the year 2022 were awarded certificates of academic excellence by the Principal of the college.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Bapuji Ayurvedic College Chitradurga is located at Challakere in the district of Chitradurga. The city of Challakere is well known for its oil companies and research organizations like DRDO, BARC, IISC etc. It is also an educational hub and commercial centre. It is 200 km from Bangalore. Students from different states come to study and work in companies. The college ensures a safe and secure environment for the students. The facilities which are made available to the students are:
The campus has separate blocks for the girl’s and boys’ hostels. The hostel fees are charged separately. It is divided into single rooms, double rooms and triple rooms. The rooms are allotted to the students on first cum first serve basis. The hostel warden is present on the hostel premises to solve any student problems. The rooms are fully furnished, clean, well-ventilated and airy. It provides a conducive environment to study and learn during the stay at the hostel.
The mess facility is provided to the students who are residing in the hostels. The food is prepared in clean, well-equipped and modernised kitchens by chefs. Different types of cuisines are prepared as per the preference of the students.
The conference hall is where the seminar, conferences and workshops take place. It is equipped with modern teaching aids. It has a seating capacity of 100 people.
Health and well-being are most important for the overall development of an individual. The campus has grounds for cricket, football, volleyball, basketball and baseball. Indoor games facilities for games like chess and carrom are available in the hostels. It also has a gym and recreation centre.
Bapuji Ayurvedic College Chitradurga has a 150-bed speciality hospital within the campus. It provides modernised facilities for the management of lifestyle. The students are given hands-on experience in the hospital. Department of Panchakarma provides treatments Abhyanga, Sarvanga Sweda, Sirodhara, and Pizichill along with other techniques of treatment. These specialised therapies take place under the supervision of specialised doctors. Panchakarma has helped to cure a lot of patients.
Research plays a vital role in academics. The faculty members motivate and encourage the students to write research papers in top national and international journals. It helps them to gain more knowledge in the field of Ayurveda.
College Contact Details
Address: BAPUJI EDUCATION SOCIETY’S Bapuji Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital. Bapuji Campus. T R Nagar. Challakere – 577522 Chitradurga Dist Karnataka.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone: 9448238880, 9127588507, 8195250007.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many private ayurvedic colleges are there in Karnataka?
There are 72 private ayurvedic colleges in Karnataka.
2. What is the number of seats for BAMS?
The number of seats for BAMS is 240.
3. How much time does it take to complete BAMS?
The time period to complete the BAMS course is 5 ½ years.
4. Is the College approved by CCIM?
Yes, the college is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine.
5. Can I go for further studies after BAMS?
Yes, you can go for MD or MS in the same field.
6. Which language is essential to study the BAMS course?
Sanskrit is essential to study BAMS Course.
7. How much is the minimum package for a BAMS graduate?
The minimum package for a BAMS graduate is INR 3 LPA.
8. Does the college provide hostel accommodation?
Yes, the college provides hostel accomodation to both boys and girls.
You can also check out and acquire information on another Ayurveda college. Just click and follow the link below to GOP through my detailed post on:
One Humble Ask:
If you are a student currently pursuing a course or an alumnus of Bapuji Ayurvedic College, write a review in the comment box. It will be helpful for your upcoming juniors.