Hi folks! Have you recently graduated from school? Have you scratched your head over which college to choose from the overwhelming quantity of amazing colleges in the country? We understand that choosing an appropriate college is the most important as it’s the first step on the ladder in a student’s career. Keeping this in mind, we have curated our blogs in detail to provide you with the information you need. So if are planning to pursue a career in Ayurveda then consider reading this article till the end. In this article, we will be discussing everything you need to know about Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College Koppa in detail.
Table of Contents
- ALN Rao Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admissions to ALN Rao College
- Ayurveda Courses Offered
- Ayurveda Departments
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Ranking and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
ALN Rao Ayurvedic College Overview
ALN Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College established in 1987 is a private institute affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicines (CCIM). Standing on an area of 25 acres, it offers its students two courses: BAMS(Bachelor Of Medicine and Surgery) and MD (Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda).
Purpose: The college is dedicated to imparting top-notch education and training to its students so that they become top professionals in the world of Ayurveda and make their mark.
|Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
|Central Council of Indian Medicines (CCIM)
|Sri Aroor Ramesh Rao
|Both Boys and Girls
- The college harbours a noble objective of becoming a global centre in the education of Ayurveda.
- Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College Koppa has earned recognition for its research on various kinds of drugs, and their applications.
- The college is dedicated to providing proper health care education and facilities to the people of rural Karnataka by removing the disparities in terms of healthcare access by rural people.
- The college is on a mission of imparting advanced knowledge and training in the field of Ayurveda.
- Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College Koppa aims to develop rational thinking and deep knowledge in its students.
- The college is working towards the improvement of healthcare services available to the rural people of Karnataka.
Why Choose ALN Rao Ayurvedic College?
A Top College to Study Ayurveda.
- Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College Koppa is one of the best colleges to study Ayurveda and traditional medicine in Karnataka. Due to its dedication and vision, it is slowly emerging as a leading centre in Ayurveda.
- The institute is on a mission of producing strong Ayurvedic professionals who can make a mark in the health care system.
- The college has a zero-tolerance policy against ragging on campus. It considers ragging a crime and has adopted stringent policies for the same. Any behaviour which is directed toward traumatizing or harassing the students or anyone on campus is considered a serious offence and is highly prohibited. Indulging in such activities may result in serious punishment.
Experienced Faculty and Staff.
- Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College Koppa has appointed experienced faculty and staff members for imparting education to its students.
- The faculty members are extremely experienced in their departments and some of them have even served as top professionals in the world of Ayurveda for years.
- The professors here are extremely helpful and supportive of the students.
- The college is built upon a huge area housing all the amenities required for the students such as a canteen to provide nutritious food, well-maintained classrooms, a separate hostel for boys and girls, an auditorium for guest lectures and seminars, a library, a hospital, ambulance in case of an emergency and transportation facilities for its students and staff members. and so on.
- Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College Koppa is at a strategic location as its nearest airport at Mangalore is 140 km and the nearest railway station is barely 89 km from Shimoga.
Admissions to ALN Rao College
Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College Koppa offers its students two courses for admission, namely BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) to undergraduate students and MD (Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda) to postgraduate students.
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
|Doctor of Medicine (Ayurveda)
Eligibility for BAMS
- The minimum age requirement of the candidate is at least 17 years of age and at most 25 years of age at the time of admission into the BAMS program. The upper age limit can however be relaxed by 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to the SC, ST, OBC, and PwD categories.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to at least secure a minimum of 50% marks in their second year of pre-university exams of the Board of Karnataka or any other exams recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The candidates should have mandatorily studied Chemistry, Physics, and Biology took together. This applies to those belonging to the general category.
- There is however a relaxation provided to those candidates belonging to reserved categories like SC, ST, and OBC. For them, the minimum marks are kept at 40% and for those candidates belonging to the PwD category, it is kept at 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology took together.
- Candidates who are not residents of the state must bring an eligibility certificate issued by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and present it before the last date of admission to the college.
Documents Required for BAMS Admissions
- A certificate of Character and Conduct is issued by the institution last studied by the candidate.
- Mark Sheet of SSLC.
- Mark Sheet of Pre-University Exam.
- NEET UG Admit and Score Card.
- 10th class Marksheet for Birth Proof.
- 12th class detailed mark sheet.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Identity Proof for verification of the candidate.
- Passport Size photographs and Stamp size photographs.
- Migration Certificate.
- Medical Certificate (if the candidate has any disability).
Eligibility for MD – Ayurveda
Aspiring students can apply for the course if they have received their degree in BAMS from a university in Karnatak or any other degree which is equivalent to BAMS by any University recognized by CCIM in India and established by law. Specialisations offered in the MD (Ayurveda) programme
- Bhaishajya Kalpana
- Kaya Chikitsa
Seat Allotment for MD – Ayurveda
|Total MD Seats
Documents Required for MD – Ayurveda
- Detailed Transcripts and Degree Certificate of BAMS Degree
- Certificate of Character and Conduct
- NEET PG Admit Card and Score Card.
- Low-Income Certificate (if applicable).
- 10th class Marksheet for Birth Proof.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Passport size and Stamp size photographs of the candidate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Medical Certificate (if the candidate has any disability).
- Identity Proof for verification.
NEET Counselling for Ayurvedic Courses
- Admission to the BAMS programme requires candidates to clear the NEET entrance examinations.
- In due course of time, an All-India Merit list will be declared that lists students that have cleared the NEET examination with proper rank awarded to each candidate.
- Ayush Admissions Central Counseling Committee (AACCC) is responsible for conducting counselling for all Indian students.
- All personal details like phone numbers, addresses, etc. will be the same as filled by the candidate while registering at the NTA website.
Admission Process for BAMS and MD
- For getting admitted to both the degree courses in the college, the candidate must qualify the above-mentioned eligibility criteria for respective courses.
- The candidates are required to fill in details as mentioned in the application form of the college for the respective courses they intend to apply for before the last date of admission. They are also required to carry original copies of their scorecards or certificates required to the college at the time of admission.
- A nominal fee of Rs. 50 is paid along with the application form either by DD or cash in favour of the principle of college.
- It is to be noted that the application fee is not refundable and does not guarantee admission into the candidate’s desired courses. The admission is solely based on the merit and performance of the candidate in the interview.
- After the application form has been revised by the college authorities, the candidate is then informed for an interview before the Principal and selection committee of the college. On the day of the interview, the candidate is required to keep all the original copies of the documents enlisted above.
- After the interview is over, the selected candidates are notified after a few days and a list of selected candidates is put on the Colleg’s notice board.
- The selected candidates are then required to pay the fees of the course they are about to be admitted to.
- The college will not refund academic fees once paid under any circumstances.
Ayurveda Courses Offered
The college offers two-degree courses to its students namely,
- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery).
- MD (Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda).
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
- BAMS course is designed to teach students about the system of Ayurvedic medicines and how it not only helps in the cure and prevention of ailments in the body but also prepares and makes it stronger for any further diseases.
- It is an undergraduate degree course that has a duration of 5 years and 6 months.
- The first 4 years and 6 months are the main courses while the last 1 year is a period of mandatory internship as mentioned below.
- The first three years of the course have two terms of 6 months each while the fourth year has three terms of 6 months each.
- BAMS aims to educate the students about the system of Ayurvedic medicines and how it not only helps in the cure and prevention of ailments in the body but also prepares it and makes it stronger for any further diseases.
- BAMS integrates the world of modern science with that of the Ayurveda
|Duration (in months)
MD (Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda)
- MD Ayurveda is a branch of science that aims to educate students about the holistic and natural approach that Ayurveda adopts in not only treating different diseases but also preventing them from coming back.
- Students are taught and trained in detail using a deep knowledge of Ayurveda.
- It is a 3-year-long postgraduate course which is divided into two parts.
- The college offers 3 kinds of specialization for MD in Ayurveda.
- Bhaishajya Kalpana.
- Kaya Chikitsa.
|This part is preliminary and comprises one academic year of the course.
|This part comes after the first part. It consists of two academic years. The students are required to prepare a dissertation report on the subject which is approved by their personal guide and the Head of the Department (HOD).
|Sanskrit, Samhita, and Siddhanta
|Rasashatra and Bhaisajya Kalpana
|Swasthavritta and Yoga
|Streeroga and Prasutitantra
Program Fees Structure
It is pivotal for students to note that the fee structure of the college for BAMS and MD (in Ayurveda) programmes are subject to change every academic year.
|Govt. Quota Seats
|Prev. Quota Seats
|MD in Ayurveda
Education loans can be of great help and support when going through a financial crunch for students. Many banks offer education loans at lower rates of interest which can be paid or returned once the student has graduated from college and has secured a good job.
Many colleges provide scholarships to their meritorious students on the basis of their performance in college or in previous institutions in which they have studied. Therefore, it is recommended to the students to check with the college about the scholarships it provides to its students.
However, if you still have doubts or any queries, you can always inquire about the same at the administrative office of the college or can contact us. Our experienced team will help you get the right information that you need.
Placements & Career Opportunities
Gone are the days when there used to be limited opportunities for a graduate or a postgraduate in Ayurveda. With the increased awareness and popularity of Ayurveda not only in India but also in Western countries, there has been an uptick in opportunities in this field. Below we have discussed in detail the placements in BAMS and MD Ayurveda in detail.
|After BAMS Degree
|After MD (Ayurveda) Degree
|The average package is usually around 2-4 lakh per annum and the highest package is around 8-10 lakh per annum for BAMS graduates.
|The average package is usually around 3.5-4 lakh per annum and the highest paying package is around 10-12 lakh per annum for MD graduates.
- Health care industry.
- Education industry.
- Medical Tourism industry.
- Life Science industry.
- Pharmaceutical industry.
- Government/ Private hospitals.
- Panchakarma Ashram.
- Research institutions.
- Ayurvedic and health resorts.
- Pharmacy Manager.
- Ayurveda Doctor.
- Drug Scientists.
- Ayurveda Practitioner.
Ranking and Achievements
Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College Koppa has been ranked as one of the best colleges for study in Ayurveda in Karnataka, India. Let’s look at its affiliations as well as students’ achievements to get a grasp of its academic brilliance.
- It is a private institute affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- It is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicines (CCIM).
- One of their undergraduate students, Sahana, secured the first position in the final year of her BAMS course at the university level in 2000.
- As recently as 2020, a second-year student was successful in securing the fourth position at the university level.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
- The college has an extensive infrastructure which has all the facilities needed for imparting valuable education to its students.
- The ambience of the college is such that it provides a peaceful and calm environment for the students for learning.
- The college provides the facility of a separate hostel for both boys and girls.
- The rooms are comfortable and spacious and are provided with all the basic amenities needed by the students such as a bed, cupboard, study table, fan, bathrooms, etc.
- Both the girls’ and boys’ hostel has a warden who takes care of the needs of the students and is responsible for ensuring the safety of the students in the hostel.
- There is a mess or a kitchen where students are being provided with nutritious food prepared with utmost hygiene.
- Not only this, the hostel has other facilities such as a television room and a recreation room for the students.
- The college has a spacious auditorium which is being used for conducting various seminars and guest lectures.
- Felicitation of meritorious students and convocation ceremonies are conducted here.
- The college has a huge library for its students which has an extensive collection of study materials related to Ayurveda as well as international and national journals.
- A digital library was also set up during the 2008-2009 academic year. The library has constantly been adding new collections of books and journals on Ayurveda every year.
- The college canteen is an area of relaxation and enjoyment for the students after classes.
- The canteen serves students with delectable dishes which are prepared with utmost care without compromising on their nutritional value.
- The college management committee pays importance to extracurricular activities as much as it gives importance to academic activities for the overall development of the student’s personality.
- Students are encouraged to participate in sports activities inside the college premises.
- The college boasts of a highly advanced laboratory which is well equipped with all types of modern equipment.
- It is taken care of under the supervision of experienced lab technicians.
- Practicals and examinations of students are conducted here.
- In fact, the Karnataka Chikitsa camp was conducted by one of the ablest departments of the college, the department of Panchakarma.
- The college has the facility of a 100-bed hospital on campus.
- The hospital is being managed by a team of highly efficient and experienced medical staff and practitioners.
The college also has the facility of an ambulance in the state of an emergency.
College Contact Details
Address: Kachkal Road, Koppa, Chikkamagalur District, Karnataka.
- Contact No.: 82178 58036.
- Email: email@example.com.
College hunting is one of the most hectic and tiring phases in a student’s life. Going through more than hundreds of colleges in the country that offer your dream course and provide you with all the necessary facilities that you need for your learning. It is a time-consuming process and a bit overwhelming too as often there is a lack of relevant information that we need about the college.
We understand your concern regarding the whole process of getting enrolled in your dream course in your dream college. Hence, we try to bring you blogs that provide you with all the relevant information you need about a particular college with the help of our experienced team. Do consider reaching out in case you need more information. We would be happy to help!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is ALN Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College government or private?
It is a private college affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
2. What courses are offered at the ALN Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College?
There are two courses offered at the college which are BAMS for its undergraduate students and MD for its postgraduate students.
3. Is there an on-campus accommodation facility?
Yes, the college provides the facility of a separate hostel for both boys and girls.
4. How is the environment at ALN Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College?
The college has an environment that is safe, peaceful, and secure for its students to study Ayurveda and nurture their overall personality.
5. What are the facilities provided at Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College?
The college provides various facilities to its students such as a canteen, hostel for boys and girls, a library, a hospital, an ambulance in case of an emergency, an auditorium, and transportation for its students and staff.
6. Is there an anti-ragging policy?
Yes, there is a strict policy against ragging on campus. The college has zero tolerance for ragging or any unlawful behaviour which may be directed towards harassing the mental peace of the students.
7. What are the intake capacity for BAMS and MD (Ayurveda) courses?
The intake capacity for the BAMS course is 60 whereas the same for the MD course is 16.
8. How long does it take to complete BAMS and MD courses in India?
BAMS require an academic commitment of five and a half years whereas the same for the MD course requires three years
Do you feel about checking out another Ayurveda college? If yes. Then, you can click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
One Small Ask:
Thank you for reading the blog till the end. If you are a graduate or a current student of Aroor Laxminarayana Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College Koppa, then we request you to write your reviews in the comment box below. This might be unimportant for you but it can help our young readers who are planning to join the college and need to know more about it from someone who has been associated with it. Thank you!