In 2014, the Indian Government established the very first Ministry of AYUSH. AYUSH stands for Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa, and Homeopathy. With the establishment of the AYUSH Ministry, the government conveys its message and mission to develop the heritage medical knowledge of our country, promote it, and make it globally recognized and serviceable.
After 9 years, under the supervision of the Ministry of AYUSH, Homeopathy, predominantly considered as pseudoscience, gained its undue recognition and today stands as one of the most recommended and trusted forms of medical treatment and diagnosis. Likewise, the demand for homeopathic medical education has risen, and many medical aspirants are seeking Bachelors in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) courses for their careers.
In Kerala, homeopathy has a very rich history, being home to many of the country’s oldest homeopathy medical colleges, especially government homeopathy colleges in Kerala. Thus, in today’s article, we will talk about BHMS Colleges in Kerala. We will explore the world of homeopathic medical education in the state, what sets it apart, the various options available, and how you, too, can be a part of this emerging medical field.
Table of Contents
List of BHMS Colleges in Kerala
Kerala is home to one of the best and the most reputed BHMS Colleges in all of India. So, let’s take a look at who these colleges are, their affiliations, and more.
|Shree Vidyadhiraja Homoeopathic Medical College||Kerala University of Health Sciences||National Commission for Homeopathy|
|ANSS Homoeo Medical College Kurichy||Kerala University of Health Sciences||National Commission for Homeopathy|
|Dr. Padiar Memorial Homeopathic Medical College||Kerala University of Health Sciences||National Commission for Homeopathy|
|Government Homoeopathic Medical College Kozhikode||Kerala University of Health Sciences||National Commission for Homeopathy|
|Government Homoeopathic Medical College Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala University of Health Sciences||National Commission for Homeopathy|
BHMS Colleges in Kerala Admission Process
To take admission to BHMS Colleges in Kerala is a very straightforward process with the advent of a centralized seat allotment system:
- Students must first ensure that they have appeared in the NEET exam and have achieved qualifying marks.
- After the conclusion of the NEET exams, all students seeking admission to any BHMS Colleges in Kerala must register for the Kerala state AYUSH counseling.
- In the counseling portal, students must select the order of preference based on the college and course they seek, and in the order of their desirability/preference, students will be allotted seats based on merit.
- If allotted in the counseling round, students will have to pay the prescribed fees within a certain time limit if they wish to accept their allotted seat at their allotted college. If not, they still must pay the fees to apply for subsequent counseling rounds, or else their allotment will be revoked permanently.
Students must meet the following criteria if they wish to study BHMS:
- They must have completed +2 level education or its equivalent from any school affiliated to CISCE, CBSE or any State Education Board of India or its equivalent abroad.
- They must have studied from the Science stream and must have PCB as core subjects studied at the level.
- They must also have registered and appeared for the NEET exam and have achieved qualifying marks.
- They must also subsequently register for AYUSH Counseling of Kerala state.
BHMS Colleges in Kerala Cut-off 2023
As you have read previously, students who seek admission to BHMS courses must register for the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Likewise, NTA releases certain cut-offs based on the normalization of marks of all the students who have appeared.
Students must meet or exceed this cut-off to qualify for the exam. Subsequently, those who do not qualify are barred from admission in any medical program in India and can’t register for counseling of any BHMS seats in Kerala. Hence, NEET qualification is compulsory as well as one of the most important criteria for eligibility. Here are the category-wise NEET cut-offs for 2023.
|Category||NEET Percentile Cut-off 2023||NEET Marks Cut-off 2023|
BHMS Colleges in Kerala Fee Structure
Affordability is one of the key focuses of the Ministry of AYUSH. Likewise, it has worked towards making Homeopathic medical facilities accessible to the masses and also making education affordable for the aspirants, ensuring that money is not a barrier to quality education. Thus, we are now going to discuss the BHMS fees in government colleges as well as the BHMS fees in private colleges in Kerala.
|College Name||Total Fees|
|Shree Vidyadhiraja Homoeopathic Medical College||NA|
|ANSS Homoeo Medical College Kurichy||NA|
|Dr. Padiar Memorial Homeopathic Medical College||NA|
|Government Homoeopathic Medical College Kozhikode||Rs. 5,667|
|Government Homoeopathic Medical College Thiruvananthapuram||NA|
Now, we have seen the private BHMS colleges in Kerala’s fee structure along with the government colleges. It is imperative to note that this information about the fee structure covers only the tuition and academic expenses. Likewise, a student, especially an outstation one, will incur other expenses like hostel accommodation, food expenses, and more.
Hence, students are advised to reach out to the Career Mudhra team for any enquiry regarding the full fee structure of the course fees, accommodation expenses, and more of any of these colleges, and allow our experts to clear all your queries and help guide you through the admission process and ensure your successful application in the college of your dreams
And so, we reach the end of this article. To recap, we have learned about the BHMS Colleges in Kerala, their admission process, cut-offs, and fee structure. The purpose of this article is to aid and help guide you through the admission process. However, if you are stuck or have any queries, never hesitate to contact Career Mudhra. Our experts are available 24/7 to help answer your queries or guide you through your academic endeavors.
With that being said, have an amazing day! Goodbye!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the BHMS fees at Government Homoeopathic Medical College Kozhikode?
The BHMS fees at this college is Rs. 5,667.
2. Are there any private homeopathic medical colleges in Kerala?
Yes. In Kerala, there is only private homeopathic medical college in Kerala, named Dr. Padiar Memorial Homeopathic Medical College.
3. Do I have to register for counseling?
Yes. Any students seeking admission in BHMS colleges in Kerala must register with the AYUSH counseling in Kerala state.
4. Do these colleges conduct any entrance exam?
No. The colleges do not conduct any entrance exam, however, they require students to appear and achieve qualifying marks in NEET exam conducted by NTA to be eligible for admission.
5. How many BHMS seats are available in ANSS Homoeo Medical College Kurichy?
ANSS Homoeo Medical College Kurichy offers 63 seats for its BHMS course.
6. What makes Kerala best for BHMS?
Kerala boasts some of the most prestigious and is home to the oldest homeopathic medical institutions providing quality education with a holistic approach making Kerala, one of the best places to pursue BHMS.
7. What are my prospects after BHMS?
After BHMS, graduates can pursue various avenues such as private practices, jobs at government institutions as well as private sector jobs. They can also pursue higher education becoming more specialized and competent or even conduct research and academia.
8. How many homeopathic medical colleges are there in Kerala?
There are a total of 5 homeopathic medical colleges in Kerala, 4 government institutions and 1 private institution.