|Apply for Admission 2021-22|
Josco Nursing college was started in 2004 and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. Multiple courses are offered to the students which include BSc. Nursing, MSc. Nursing, GNM, etc.
All the nursing courses offered by Josco college are also recognized by Karnataka State Nursing Council, Bangalore; Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi; and Government of Karnataka. The Josco trust is also planning to bring MCA, MBA, BA, BDS, MBBS, and Infant Jesus Multi-Specialty Hospital in the picture.
The main aim of the college is to gain academic excellence and personality development of each student. With extraordinary infrastructure, dedicated faculty, and hardworking principal, the college has already reached the heights of the sky.
One of my friends is also pursuing a course from Josco College and believe me his life has changed totally and now he is going to become a successful person in his life. All thanks to Josco College of Nursing.
You can also check the list of INC approved nursing colleges in Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- College Overview
- Courses Available
- Facilities in Josco College of Nursing
- Departments and Faculties
- Hostel Facility
- Eligibility for Admission
- Documents for Admission
- Josco College of Nursing Fee Structure
- Ranking and Reputation
- Scholarship Details
- Admission Procedure
- Application Procedure
- Contact Details
- Ownership Type: Private.
- No. of Faculties: 105.
- Campus Area: 10 acres.
- Founded Year: 2004.
- Approved by: INC.
- No. of Students: 400.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- BSc Nursing.
- MSc Nursing.
Diploma in Nursing
Candidates who are of 17 to 35 years of age are eligible for this course. Also, they should have a qualification of 10 + 2 with an aggregate of 40%. Nurses who are completing the course are capable in below
- Demonstrate skills and awareness required for nursing the process in the area of nursing of patients and health care.
- Nurses will be competent to access the needs of nursing of an individual, communities, family throughout life from birth to death.
- Planning an appropriate action for meeting the needs through competent safe nursing care.
- Taking an appropriate action for helping people sustain or retain the best possible level of health in every aspect.
- Coordinating and working with other members of the health care team for the promotion of rehabilitation, restoration of health, prevention of illness, etc.
This program is designed to prepare a candidate to perform the below activities.
- Becoming eligible for licensure and for entrance in postgraduate programs for nursing education.
- Containing professional and personal growth with self-evaluation and ongoing education.
- Reflects a scientific attitude of the independent inquiry into nursing problems.
- Perfect functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary health team and leader of the nursing team.
- Performing as a competent professional nurse in various health care areas.
Below are the objectives of pursuing an M.Sc. nursing course from Josco College.
- After doing this course a candidate can function as specialist nurse practitioners, investigators, consultants, administrators, and educations, etc.
- The course prepares nursing graduates who are equipped professionally, socially motivated, self-directed, and creative.
- The course encourages commitment and accountability to lifelong learning which increases the improvement of quality care.
Facilities in Josco College of Nursing
Facilities provided by Josco College are categorized into three fields.
Physical facilities include below:
- Study Materials.
- Lecture halls.
- Computer Labs.
- Clinical Laboratories.
- National Service Scheme (NSS).
- National Recreation facility.
- Students Nurse Association (S.N.A).
- CGFNS & IELTS Coaching Classes.
For providing clinical experience to students, the college has its affiliation with “Parent Hospital at Nelamangala”. Apart from this, the college is also affiliated to ESIC medical college, Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, NIMHANS, Govt. general hospital, K, C. General hospital, Malleswaram Bangalore, and other nearby hospitals.
The College provides well-furnished hostels for their brilliant students. They have a facility of separate hostels for both boys and girls. Also, both the hostel has a separate market area so that the privacy of girls can be saved.
Departments and Faculties
Josco College of Nursing is well versed in a separate department for all the courses and specialization. All the departments here are having a different head of the departments, teachers who are fully equipped with all the handy material to teach the college students in a proper manner.
- No. of Rooms -150.
- Maximum Capacity – 400.
- Facilities – Wifi, Canteen, Cafeteria, Store, Indoor Games.
- Hostel Fees – Rs.4000 /month.
- No. of Rooms – 10.
- Maximum Capacity – 300.
- Facilities – Wifi, Indoor Games, Security, Cafeteria.
- Hostel Fees – Rs.4000 /month.
Eligibility for Admission
As per the college rules and regulations all the candidates cannot take admission to Josco College. There are certain eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by a candidate who is taking admission to the college.
- There are some qualifying criteria of the college that needs to be fulfilled. So a person who is trying to take admission in any bachelor’s course should have completed their 10 + 2.
- A candidate should have scored 45% or more marks in their previously qualified exams.
- If a candidate has done any bachelor’s course then it should be affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University, Bangalore.
- The age of the candidate should be in between 17 to 35 years.
- A candidate should have good health.
- The moral character of the candidate should be good.
Documents for Admission
For taking admission to Josco College of Nursing, Bangalore a person should keep ready below mentioned documents.
- 10 + 2 or equivalent marks card.
- SSLC or equivalent examination card.
- Transfer certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Conduct certificate.
- Medical fitness certificate from a registered practitioner.
- Caste certificate (in case if the candidate is making any claim).
- 6 – 10 passport size photographs.
If a person is not having any of the above-mentioned documents then the college authorities will give them the time of a month to submit a document. The deadline for submitting the documents could be increased as per the terms and conditions of the college.
Josco College of Nursing Fee Structure
- Diploma in Nursing – 70000/year.
- BSc Nursing – 90000/year.
- MSc Nursing – 65000/year.
Before taking admission to any college most of the candidates and their parents are worried about the fee which they have to pay for availing the knowledge of the desired course. So the college fee is divided into the below categories.
- College course fee: – This includes your tuition fee, charges of library books, administration charges, etc. This needs to be paid every semester.
- Hostel fee: – A person who is coming from a distanced place has to avail the hostel to stay. So, Josco College has kept a minimum amount as a hostel fee. A person who wants to avail hostel has to submit address proof and a complete filled hostel fee while taking admission in college. A candidate can also avail of the college in the mid of their course and for that also the procedure will remain the same.
- Exam fee: – This includes the fee of all the exams which you are going to give during your course duration. This needs to be paid before the start of any semester exam.
Ranking and Reputation
While taking admission to any college a candidate and their parents are always concern about the ranking and reputation of the college. So let me tell you Josco college posses a good reputation in Bangalore and is on the top rank. Few pointers which reflect the same are
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college and of someone tries to attempt the same then they are straightforward terminated from the college.
- The campus area of the college is wonderful.
- The campus is having facilities of multiple libraries that are equipped with good books.
- Market facilities are also available on college campuses.
- The staff of the college is highly educated and disciplined.
Now comes the biggest thing which comes in mind of all the persons i.e. placements. So let me tell you in last so many years the college has got all the students placed in big firms and the students who have not opted for placements were selected for higher education.
So, if you are availing a seat in this college then just work hard and you will get placement in return for your hard work.
There are many people on this earth who are willing to avail a good education but are unable to pay the fee. So for these kinds of hardworking students, Josco College came with an idea of scholarships. The scholarship is provided to those students who are ranked high in their semester. So just work hard and avail the funds.
Now, after reading the above details about the course if a candidate wants to seek admission in any of the courses then they have to meet the below criteria.
- They should have cleared their 10 + 2 with a minimum of 45% marks.
- A candidate should be of 17 years of age.
- A candidate should possess a good moral character.
For taking admission to Josco College of Nursing, one has to first clear his 10 + 2 and after that, they have to fill the college form. These admission forms can be availed online from the college website by paying a certain amount of money. Also, it can be availed directly from the college, again after paying the admission form fee.
A candidate has to fill the form with required details like name, address, nationality, a course he wants to pursue, etc. After that, the form needs to be submitted back to college with certain documents like
- Mark sheet of previous exams.
- Address proof.
- Government ID etc.
Once the candidate is selected for admission, their names will get displayed on the website of the college and the candidate will be called for further admission procedures like verification of original documents, submission of exam fee, etc.
Admission Helpline: +91-79078 87585.
The Josco College of Nursing is easily reachable from the bus stand, airport, and railway station. The distance between the two locations is very short and can be covered in very short time duration.
Airport: Kempegowda international airport is located at a distance of 45.5 KM and this distance can be covered in a time period of 1 hour 20 minutes. So, one can easily attend college on time if trying to reach college from the airport.
Railway Station: From the Railway station a person has to invest only 1 hour and 6 minutes of time to reach Josco College of Nursing as it is only 30.5 KM away from the railway station.
Bus Stand: Josco College is located only at a distance of 35.5 KM from the Bangalore bus stand. A person coming via bus can reach the college in not more than an hour.
After reading the above post regarding Josco college you must have got an idea about the college, the courses offered, its facilities, admission procedures, fee structure, departments, etc. I have collected all this information after doing surveys and many offline and online sources.
You can also read the list of top 10 BSc Nursing Colleges in Bangalore.
If there is something which is missed form the above post, kindly share it with us in our comment section. Also, do share the post with your friends who are trying to avail admission in any college.
If you are a student from Josco Nursing College in Bangalore, then please do submit a review below, which will help other students decide whether to join this college.