The Medical College was founded in collaboration with the Government of Nepal and the Manipal Group of Institutions. Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara was the first private college started in 1994. It is one of the premier medical colleges in Nepal, with quality education and fine clinical exposure. Let’s learn more about the college in our blog!
Table of Contents
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara Overview
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara Admission
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences Courses Offered
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Recognition
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara Overview
Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara is one of the prestigious medical colleges in Nepal. One of the constituent institutions of the Manipal Education and Medical Group. It is affiliated to Kathmandu University. Its courses are recognized by the Nepal Medical Council and Sri Lanka Medical College. It is listed in the 7th edition of the WHO Directory of Medical Sciences.
|Name of the college
|Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara
|Manipal College of Medical Science, Deep Heights, Pokhara – 16, Kaski 33700, Nepal.
|Kathmandu University, Dhulikel, Nepal
|Nepal Medical Council and Sri Lanka Medical Council
The vision of the college is to become a global leader in the field of education, healthcare as well as human development.
- To become the most preferred medical institution for students and teachers throughout Nepal.
- To help in building international relations, and to achieve global recognition and academic excellence in the field of medicine.
- Achieve excellence in health care delivery among the South East Asian Nations.
Why Study at Manipal Medical College Nepal?
Manipal Medical College Nepal is a well-known medical college in Nepal. It is the first medical college formed in collaboration with Manipal Education Group and the Nepal Government. It attracts foreign students from all around the world.
The College is the best option to study medicine for the reasons mentioned below:
- It is rated among the best colleges in Nepal. It is an ideal learning Centre for medical aspirants.
- The modernized, well-equipped campus is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities, along with teaching aids and labs.
- The College offers an updated course curriculum, renowned faculty members, and the use of innovative teaching methodology.
- It is known to be the hub of students from various countries.
- Manipal Teaching Hospital is a 750-bed hospital in a built-up area of 5 lakh square feet. It has been constructed to teach undergraduate as well as postgraduate level students.
It is very evident that Manipal Medical College in Nepal is the best medical college in the country, but if you want to check other colleges, you can check the next best college, which is the College of Medical Sciences Bharatpur.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara Admission
Admissions at Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara are open. Admissions to these courses are based on the Nepal Medical Counselling, for which the registration opens only once a year. If you’re willing to apply to this college, you must complete the application form before the deadline. Read below to learn more about your course’s admission process and eligibility criteria.
The procedure for getting admission to the course is given below:
- Step 1: You must fill out the online application form on the college website.
- Step 2: Candidates must write the Nepal Medical Education Commission’s Entrance Test, NEET, or SAT entrance examination.
- Step 3: He/She must participate in the counseling process.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
To get selected for the MBBS, B.Sc, and PCL Nursing program, aspirants:
- Should be qualified in 12th/10+2, A Level, or any other equivalent examination.
- He/She must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB), scoring a minimum of around 50% in PCB (Equals to minimum C Grades for Sri Lanka A level and D Grades for International Levels such as EDEXCEL/Cambridge) along with 50% aggregate marks.
- Students must have qualified in the Medical Entrance Test conducted by the Medical Education Commission, Government of Nepal, with a minimum of 50% percentile in NEET or SAT or equivalent examination.
Documents Required for UG Courses
You must upload the following documents while filing the application form online:
- Marksheet/Transcript of 10+2/12th Class.
- NEET/SAT Scorecard.
- Passport or Aadhar Card.
- Recent Passport-Size Photograph.
- Transaction reference number(last six digits) for making fees payment.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
The eligibility criteria for getting admission to the MD/MS/DM Nephrology/DM Cardiology Programs are:
- Aspirants must have completed MBBS from any recognized university or degree.
- He/She should have undergone one year of compulsory internship.
- Candidates must be permanently or provisionally registered with Nepal Medical Commission, to study in Nepal.
- Must have qualified in the ME CEE Entrance examination with a minimum of 50% marks.
- For DM Nephrology, he/she should have completed MD/DNB in General Medicine or Pediatrics.
- He/She must have an MD/DNB in General Medicine or Cardiology from a recognized college under the Indian Medical Council or State Medical Council.
Documents Required for PG Courses
The following documents are required for admission to MD/MS/DM Nephrology/DM Cardiology Programs:
- Original Marksheets of 10th and 12th Standard.
- Marksheets and Degree Certificate of MBBS must be in Nepalese.
- Entrance Examination Admit Card Copy.
- Original Certificate of Registration from the respective medical commission.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Valid ID Proof such as Voter ID, Passport, Aadhar Card, Domicile Certificate, etc.
- Certificate of No Objection from the Ministry of Health, Nepal, stating that he/she has been working under the Health Ministry of Nepal.
Important Dates for MBBS Admissions 2023-24
MBBS Admissions 2023-24 in Manipal Medical College Nepal for International Students (Non-Nepalese) will take place on the dates mentioned below:
|Medical Education Common Entrance Examination for Bachelor Level (MEECE BL 2023)
|5 February 2023
|Nepal Government Entrance Examination
|8 March 2023
Manipal College of Medical Sciences Courses Offered
Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara offers undergraduate-level and post-graduate-level courses in the medical field. Let’s learn about the courses offered at Manipal College of Medical Sciences Nepal.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|5 and half years
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc Nursing)
|Proficiency Certificate Level in Nursing (PCL Nursing)
|Doctor of Medicine in Nephrology (DM Nephrology)
|Doctor of Medicine in Cardiology (DM Cardiology)
|Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery (MD/MS)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Manipal Medical College Nepal offers an MBBS Course in pre-clinical and clinical subjects for 5 and half years. The course is divided into 9 semesters of 6 months duration. Upon completing the course, students must undergo 1 year of compulsory residential rotatory internship.
Some of the subjects in the curriculum are Community Medicine, Introduction to Clinical Medicine and Informatics, Preclinical Sciences, and so on. The teaching Methodology includes the following:
- Classroom Lectures.
- Practical Sessions.
- Seminar/Community/PBL’s/Hospital Visits.
Time Tables are prepared in advance, giving details about the teaching schedules and topics to be covered. This is again integrated with faculty talks, seminars, clinical training, community visits, and field training camps.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc Nursing)
B.Sc Nursing is a UG course which can be completed in 4 years. The program comes under Kathmandu University, and it is approved by the Nepal and Sri Lanka Medical Council. The number of students taken every year is 30.
- Proficiency Certificate Level in Nursing (PCL Nursing)
PCL Nursing is a certificate-level program for a time period of 3 years. It aims to train nurses with the skills as well as knowledge in the field of nursing. The annual intake for the program is 40 students.
- Doctor of Medicine in Nephrology (DM Nephrology)
DM Nephrology is a postgraduate course in Nephrology for a duration of 3 years. It is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosing and treating diseases related to the kidney. The course is structured in such a way as to provide training in the management of kidney diseases. It includes both theoretical as well as practical aspects. The course covers topics such as glomerulonephritis, hypertension, renal transplantation as well as electrolyte disorders.
- Doctor of Medicine in Cardiology (DM Cardiology)
Doctor of Medicine in Cardiology(DM Cardiology) is a post-graduate program covering 3 years. The course covers 4 semesters. Cardiology is a specialization that deals with heart-related disorders and parts of the circulatory system. Some of the subjects are Cardiac Catheterization, pulmonary hypertension, general anesthesia, pacemaker insertion, and so on.
- Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery (MD/MS)
MD/MS is a postgraduate course for a duration of 2 years. The course comprises both classroom learning as well as practical learning. The degree is a prerequisite for many specialist doctors. The program enhances the skills and knowledge to improve job prospects in the market.
Manipal Medical College Nepal has the following departments:
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology
|Radiotherapy and Oncology
Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara Fee Structure
When we speak about the Nepal Manipal Medical College fees, one thing you should know which will become an added advantage for you is that you can pay the course fees in 4 installments here. The college has developed this feature for their students’ convenience. Read below to learn more about Manipal Medical College Nepal’s fee structure.
The fee structure for the various courses offered in the college are:
|Name of the Course
|Other International Students
The miscellaneous expenses which are not included in the tuition fees are given below (in Nepali NPR):
|One-time application fee
|Refundable Caution Deposit
|Refundable Mess Deposit
|Kathmandu University Regd. Fee
|NPR 37,500/- or actual
|Nepal Medical Council Fee
|NPR 5000/- or actual
|Internal Examination Fee
|Hostel Room(one time)
|Annual Hostel Fee
|NPR 1,38,000/- per annum
|Annual Mess Fees Advance
|Extended Learning Per year
|Medicare and Term Insurance
|NPR 6,200/- per year
Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara is a self-finance college, with 20% of seats reserved for MBBS courses for students of Nepal. For other international students, the institution charges subsidized tuition fees. It encourages students by providing financial support to pursue further studies.
Placements and Scope
The placement department of Manipal Medical College Nepal looks after the placements and related activities on campus. Students are also a part of the placement committee. Campus placements and internships are provided by the organizations coming for recruitment drives. Students get groomed by industry experts through guest lectures, hospital visits, and field training. They are offered handsome salary packages based on their work experience.
Rankings and Recognition
Manipal College of Medical Sciences Pokhara comes under Kathmandu University. The courses are recognized by the Nepal Medical Council and also by the Sri Lanka Medical Council. It is listed 7th Edition of the WHO Directory of Medical Schools. It is the most preferred destination for medical students from all around the world. A few important achievements of the college are:
- Manipal Medical College Nepal is the first private college in Nepal, established in 1994.
- Top Ranking in FMGE/Next (India) ERPM (Sri Lanka) USMLE (US) PLAB (UK).
- Its modern campus is well equipped with modern teaching aids along with well-equipped labs.
- There is a multicultural environment with students coming from different countries like India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bangladesh, Singapore, Thailand, the Middle East, Kenya, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- It has a 750-bed capacity Manipal Medical Hospital which is built in an area of 5 lakh square feet.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The vibrant campus provides a unique environment for medical students who are willing to pursue their careers in the field of medicine, along with international exposure. Its conducive environment is the perfect place that attracts students from different countries to pursue studies here. The college ensures to provide a safe and secure environment to all the students. The campus facilities offered are:
The library is considered to be the knowledge hub of an institution. Manipal Medical College Nepal has two libraries, Main Library, and Phulbari Library. The place is spread over an area of 8217 square feet and also accommodates around 200 students. It has a vast collection of medical textbooks, reports, journals, and dissertations.
Medical Care is mandatory for all students. Students are provided with medical consultations, admissions, and investigations free of cost. Manipal Speciality Hospital provides a 10% Discount on Medicines, specialty services, and diagnostic support.
Sports and Recreation
The College Campus has Outdoor playing fields for games like cricket, volleyball, football, and basketball. Facilities for indoor games like badminton, chess, carrom, and table tennis are available in the hostels. Students are encouraged to participate in inter-college competitions and tournaments throughout the year.
Apart from the above, the other facilities offered are:
- Food and Cuisine.
College Contact Details
- Address: Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Deep Heights, Pokhara 16, Kaski 33700, Nepal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara is affiliated to which University?
Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara is affiliated to Kathmandu University.
2. What is the distance from the Tribhuvan International Airport?
The distance from the Tribhuvan International Airport is 208 kms.
3. Where is the Manipal Medical College Nepal located?
The institution is located at Deep Heights, Pokhara, Kaski 33700 Nepal.
4. What are the courses offered by the college?
The College offers undergraduate MBBS and postgraduate DM Cardiology, DM Nephrology and MD/MS courses.
5. How much is the fee charged for an MBBS course?
The fees charged for SAARC Students is USD 75,000 and other international students is USD 90,000.
6. Does the college provide hostel accommodation ?
Yes, the college provides hostel accommodation.
7. Is the Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara approved?
Yes, Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara is approved by Nepal Medical Council and Sri Lanka Medical Council.
8. Are scholarships arranged for the medical aspirants by the college?
Yes, scholarships are arranged for the medical aspirants by the college.
A Small Ask
If you are an alumni or a student who is currently studying in the college, please write a review about what you think about the institution. Let us know your views and feedback on the same. Mention your comments in the box below. Your opinion can bring a change in the life of an upcoming doctor. Thank you for your time!