Law is a set of rules and regulations which are formulated for individuals, groups and society. Lawyers are the professionals who are in charge of implementing the laws introduced by the Government. Are you keen on taking up law? If yes, then you must be knowing that Karnataka is the hub of the well-known law colleges in India. Now, let me tell you more about M S Ramaiah College of Law, Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- MS Ramaiah Law College Overview
- Admissions to MSR Law College
- Law Courses Offered
- College Fees Structure
- Ramaiah Law College Placements
- Rankings & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
MS Ramaiah Law College Overview
The pioneer behind the Gokula Education Foundation is Honorable Chairman Dr M S Ramaiah. He is a philanthropist, educationist and visionary. Trust began in the year 1962 to serve the community. Now, the group runs many educational institutions with state-of-the-art infrastructure and qualified faculties.
M S Ramaiah College of Law Bangalore was founded in 1995. The Centre of Academic Excellence was set up to impart quality legal education to groom the students who are ready to face the legal challenges ahead. Chairman of the Trust is Dr M R Jayaram. Dr R Pattabiraman is the Director of the Reliance College of Law and the Principal is Dr Omprakash.
|Name||M S Ramaiah College of Law|
|Address||MSR Nagar, MSRIT Campus, MSRIT Post, Bengaluru – 560054.|
|Affiliated to||Karnataka State Law University, Hubbali|
|Approved by||Bar Council of India, New Delhi, UGC|
|Study Mode||Regular/Full time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The vision of the college is to become a world-renowned institution in the legal field. It also aims to inculcate ethical values and help in the promotion of justice.
The mission of the Institution is:
- To develop the students with standard quality education, according to the globally recognized standards, nurture research, increase employability as well as help in nation building.
- To make use of unique and different teaching methods, which look into socially relevant matters. It develops the knowledge to become competent in the environment.
- To create a comprehensive approach towards education in law by imbibing values and principles for benefit of the society.
- Create a favorable environment to study, research, and learn.
The institution has formed different committees for the benefit of future lawyers. They can volunteer and become a part of any of these committees. A few of them are:
- Committee for legal help.
- Committee for grievance redressal.
- Anti-Ragging Cell.
- Moot Court.
- Corporate Affairs.
- ADR Education Society.
- Disciplinary Committee and so on.
Admissions to MSR Law College
The admission Process for the different programs at M S Ramaiah College of Law, Bangalore is:
Step 1: First, you must go to the admissions link.
Step 2: You must fill in the application form with your details.
Step 3: After that, you can make payment of fees in the link.
Step 4: Once, you have finished the steps above, submit the application form.
Step 5: Keep one copy of the application form with you as a reference.
Eligibility for UG Programs
For admission to the undergraduate courses, you are required to fulfill the criteria:
- (BA LLB, B Com LLB, BBA LLB)
- Aspirants must have completed PUC/12th Standard or 11 + 1 A level from any recognized Institution or University in India, which is considered equivalent to any State or Central Government.
- Those who have passed from any foreign university, are required to obtain a certificate of qualification for applying to the course.
- Students who have passed their higher secondary through correspondence or distance education, are also eligible to get admissions.
- The minimum percentage of marks to be scored must be at least 45% for General Category and 40% for SC/ST category.
- The minimum age for the General category is 20 years and the age for SC/ST/Backward Classes is 22 years as of June 1st in the year of admission.
Documents Required for UG
Documents required for admissions to undergraduate courses in law are:
- Application Form.
- CLAT Admit Card and Scorecard of CLAT.
- 10th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Identification Proof.
- Aadhar Card.
- Caste Certificate/SC/ST Certificate.
- Passport-size photos.
- Certificate of qualification.
Eligibility for LLM
If you want to go for the LLM course, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria:
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Law or LLB from a recognized college or university.
- The aggregate marks obtained must be 50%.
- The minimum age for admission to postgraduate courses is 17 years.
Documents Required for LLM
You must carry the following documents at the time of admission:
- Yearwise Marksheet of LLB or Bachelor of Law Degree.
- Degree Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Aadhar Card.
- Proof of Identity.
- Recent photos.
The selection process for the various courses is as follows:
- The Admission Process Selection Committee comprises the Director, Principal, and Faculty Coordinators as well as the academic heads who are in charge of supervising and selecting the candidates.
- He/She is supposed to meet the eligibility requirements for admissions.
- Those who have obtained less than 50%, must appear for the entrance test conducted by the college. Students who have scored more than 50%, must appear for a telephonic and personal interview.
- If you have appeared for the CLAT exam, then you get exempt from the RCL admission test. But, appearing for an interview is a must.
- The candidates who have passed the interview will be asked to come to the admission department to fill out the remaining forms and pay the college fees.
Law Courses Offered
M S Ramaiah College of Law Bangalore offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma courses in law.
B A LLB is also called Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Legislative Law. It is a 5 years integrated program that comprises the study of subjects in law along with art specialization subjects like History, Economics, Administrative Law Political Science, and so on. During the course duration, students will be studying arts subjects for 3 semesters and law subjects in the remaining 5 semesters. The course curriculum is recognized by the Bar Council of India.
B Com LLB is known as Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Legislative Law. The program is a combination of both law and commerce subjects. The complete course is divided into 10 semesters. Here, students are given knowledge about subjects such as Business Communication, Statistics, Economics, and so on. Law subjects that are covered are Consumer Law, Constitutional Law, Legal Law, Criminal Law, and so on.
BBA LLB is also called Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Legislative Law. The course is for 5 years, which comprises of giving knowledge in business along with legal aspects. Subjects are taught commerce subjects like Financial Management, Management Accounting, Principles of Management, Applications of Computers, Communication, and so on. Law subjects that are taught to students are Constitutional Law, Family Law, Property Law, Company Law, and so on.
Certificate Courses are short-term programs offered by the college, The duration of such courses is from 6 months to one year. Students who are looking to specialize in a particular field can opt for such short-term courses. In the field of law, those aspirants who are interested in following their academic interests as well determine their career aspirations. Some of them are as follows:
- Certificate Course in Human Rights.
- Certificate Course in Information Technology Law.
- Certificate Course in Law and Medicine.
LLM in Business and Trade Law
LLM is popularly called Masters of Legislative Law. The post-graduate level program is for 2 years. The course is designed to enhance knowledge in the field of law along with research. The course structure includes subjects like Social and law transformation in India, Legal Research, Constitutionalism, and many more.
Specializations offered in LLM are:
- Corporate Governance.
- Information Technology Law.
- Corporate Audit and Taxation.
- Banking Law.
- Corporate Finance and Investment.
- Consumer Protection Law and Protection.
- International Trade Law.
- Industrial Law and Intellectual Property.
- Insurance Law.
Faculty members at M S Ramaiah College of Law Bangalore play a very important role in molding, nurturing, and helping students to become successful lawyers. Each of them is experienced, knowledgeable as well as skilled. They also have experience in the field of research and development. Some of the faculties are:
|Name of the faculty||Designation|
|Dr. Rose Varghese||Director Academics|
|Dr. Roopa T S||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. A Bose||Adjunct Professor|
|Dr. Anita A Patil||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Nikhila S Tigadi||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Rajashree K||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Parvati Balachandran||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Sangeetha Murali S||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Sanjeeb Kumar Mishra||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Pragnya S Patil||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Brunda Balaji||Assistant Professor|
|Ms. Punitha N||Assistant Professor|
College Fees Structure
The fees for the programs available at M S Ramiah College of Law Bangalore for the year 2022-23 are:
|Course||Fees/Yr for Students from Karnataka||Fees/ Yr for Students from other states|
|BA LLB/BBA LLB/B Com LLB||Rs 1,70,000/-||Rs 1,90,000/-|
|LLM in Business and Trade Law||Rs 1,00,000/-||Rs 1,20,000/-|
- Candidates have to make a payment of Rs 25,000/- for booking the seat. This process has to be completed within 7 days of the result declaration. You can use any of the payment methods which are convenient for you.
- A concession of 5% is given in the fees for SC/ST students.
- During the time of admission, the reservation policy of the Karnataka Government is applicable.
Scholarships are a kind of financial assistance, which is offered to support them in continuing studies. The College awards institutional scholarships based on academic performance. It is given in the form of a concession of Rs 10,000/- in the tuition fees. Those who secure more than 90% and more, in the 12th Standard or PUC become eligible to get the scholarship.
Apart from the above, State Government, Central Government as well as private organizations award scholarships to law students. Some of the scholarships are:
- Aditya Birla Group Scholarships.
- G V Memorial Scholarship.
- Merit cum means scholarship.
- Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities.
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship.
- Post Matric Scholarship for Disability Students.
Education loans are financial help that is offered to help them to continue further studies. The College has tie-ups with various banks and financial institutions to offer loans at lower interest rates. Such loans are given on the fulfillment of eligibility criteria. Once, your loan gets sanctioned you must start repayment of the loan after getting employment in an organization.
Interest on the loan starts once the loan gets approved. Another way of paying off the interest is by making the parents or guardians make the payments. Different types of loans available are:
- Loans for undergraduate courses.
- Loans for postgraduate courses.
- Guardians/Parents taking loans.
- Career development loans.
Payment method options
How will I make my fee payment? Which are the convenient ways to pay the fees? These are some queries that come to the mind of parents. No worries! Let me help you out. Payment methods are the various options that are available to make the fee payment. Such techniques help reduce the time as well as offer convenience at the time of payment.
Ramaiah Law College Placements
Placements at M S Ramaiah College of Law Bangalore are handled by the placement and internship committee. The Department looks to improve skills and knowledge, gain work experience, and get placements in the top law institutions. The Head of the Department is Mr. Jayakiran C, Mr. Pavan C is the placement head and Mr. Jayakiran is one of the committee members.
The placement committee is in charge of getting internships and placements for the students. Some of the important functions of the placement committee are:
- Building a healthy relationship with the recruiters.
- Creating a database of potential organizations.
- Organizing workshops, seminars, and mock interviews during the time of pre-placement.
- Help in grooming and boosting the confidence of future lawyers.
- Assist the students to get good placement offers as well as internships.
- Creating interactive platforms with alumni for recruitment in the future.
Gone are those days when there were only a few options available for law graduates. On the other hand, there is an enormous number of jobs that are offered across different sectors. Law Professionals are highly respected and well-paid. Some of the job profiles are:
- Legal Associate.
- Company Secretary.
- Legal Manager.
- Private Attorney.
- Public Prosecutor.
Nowadays, law courses offer numerous opportunities in the law field. Companies that have come for placements in 2022-23 are:
|Thomas Reuters||Anup Shah Associates||Athena Legal|
|Biocon Limited||Exide Insurance||Infosys|
|Wipro||Zehn||Zenith Lex and Company|
|Thiru and Thiru||Themis Group||Uday Shankar and Associates|
BA LLB graduates are offered handsome salaries after course completion. It varies across different sectors. The minimum salary package starts from INR 3.2 LPA and ranges to a maximum of INR 6.8 LPA.
|Minimum Salary Package||INR 3.2 LPA|
|Average Salary Package||INR 2 LPA|
|Maximum Salary Package||INR 6.8 LPA|
Rankings & Recognitions
M S Ramaiah College of Law Bangalore is among the top-ranked college in Bangalore. The institution is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University, Hubli. The programs come under the BCI. It has a good ranking because of its world-class facilities, course curriculum, faculties, and practical training. Students get placements in the top law firms in the country.
- The College participated in the Invitational British Parliamentary Debating Competition held in 2018.
- Mr. Sathvik Amarnath and Ms. Sakshi Singhal were among the finalists in the NALSAR Inter-University Debate.
- Ms. Adeessha and Ms. Uthra participated in the Debate Competition organized by KSLU Bangalore.
- Ms. Sakshi Sighal won the 1st prize in MIT Debating Competition in the year 2019.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The Institution finds its place in MSRIT Campus in the city of Bangalore. It is also known as an IT hub and knowledge center. It is the hub of the top educational institutions. Aspirants from different states and countries come to study and work here. The city is known to be the most student-friendly. The College has a self-sufficient campus, where the students can get a feeling of their own homes.
Facilities provided here are:
Hostel accommodation is a must for all students. The Campus has individual blocks for the girls’ and boys’ hostels. Rooms are allotted by the warden. It is well-furnished and also provides a conducive atmosphere to live and study. Mess is attached to the hostels. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is made by experienced chefs.
The Campus has a cafeteria for the day scholars. It offers snacks and beverages during college hours.
Complex for Sports
Indoor and outdoor games facilities are built in the sports complex. The in-house sports selection committee makes selects the best sportspersons for the competitions.
Bank and Post Office
Bank and post office facilities are available within the college premises. ATMs are located at various places across the campus.
Moot Court Hall
Moot Court Hall is where the inter-college debate competition takes place. The place is fully furnished and spacious. Faculties train and encourage students to participate in national and world-level debate competitions.
The library at M S Ramaiah College of Law Bangalore is a resource center for the institution. It has a vast collection of reference books, general books, periodicals, magazines, journals as well as newspapers. There are around 11,772 books, 1660 journals, 37 print journals, 10 Newspapers, and 15 General Magazines. There is a reading room which is furnished, well-ventilated, and airy. It is open to students as well as faculty members.
The college has a separate debate club, which is also known as DeSoc. It encourages the students to participate in debating platforms. It encourages students who are passionate about the skill. Faculty members train and guide students to participate in competitions.
NSS Club of the College believes in inculcating the spirit of service, to make them responsible citizens towards the community as well as the country.
Go Green Committee
Go Green Committee was formed to spread awareness about the protection and conservation of the environment by organizing green events. It helps in spreading awareness about the importance of a greener environment.
The Cultural Club at M S Ramaiah College of Law Bangalore develops and nurtures students in developing interest in certain skills related to the cultural diversity of our country.
College Contact Details
Address: M S Ramaiah Nagar, MSRIT Post, Mathikere, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560054.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 080 2360 6909.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the college located?
The College is located at M S Ramaiah Nagar, Gnanagangothri Campus, MSRIT Post, Mathikere, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560054.
2. To which university is the institution affiliated?
The institution is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University, Hubli.
3. Are the courses recognised?
Yes, the courses are recognised by the Bar Council of India.
4. Is the campus safe for girls?
Yes, the campus is safe for girls.
5. Does the college provide placements?
Yes, the college provides placements to all students.
6. What is the minimum age for getting admission to law courses?
The minimum age required for getting admission to law courses is 20 years.
7. How much does a BA LLB Graduate earn?
BA LLB graduate earns a minimum salary of INR 3.2 LPA.
8. Which are the companies coming for placements?
Companies which are coming for placements are Thomas Reuters, Wipro, Legalwise, Biocon Limited, Infosys and many more.
You can also check out important and relevant information on other top law colleges. All you need to do is click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
Take a moment:
I would request you take some time from your schedule to write a review about the institution. Feel free to submit your views in the comments box. Thank you for your time!