In our series of posts on engineering admissions done through management quota in top engineering colleges Now, I will share information on one of them, RNS Institute of Technology Management Quota Fees. The Institution is affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, and the courses are approved by AICTE. With 9 Undergraduate Programs, 4 Post Graduate, and 1 Doctoral Program, it aims to become the best engineering institution in the world.
Table of Contents
- RNS Institute of Technology Admission Procedure
- RNS Institute of Technology Management Quota Fees
- Hostel Fees for RNS Institute of Technology
- Extra Fees for RNS Institute of Technology
- Frequently Asked Questions
RNS Institute of Technology Admission Procedure
RNS Institute of Technology management quota for the undergraduate B. Tech, Post Graduate M. Tech, and Doctoral Ph.D. program takes place through the entrance examinations conducted at the state as well as the national level. The entrance examinations are:
- CET or Common Entrance Test conducted by the Government of Karnataka. This test is applicable for first-year B.E/B. Tech admissions of full time professional courses for the share of the Government Seats.
- COMEDK or Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Courses of Karnataka. It is a common entrance test for admissions to the above courses.
- JEE or Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by the Government of India to UG courses such as B.E/B. Tech in NIITs, IITs and other Centrally Funded Universities as well as Institutions, which are recognized by the State Government. JEE Mains and JEE Advanced is also conducted by IIT.
- GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance examination to get admission to post graduate program M. Tech.
- PGCET or Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is organized by the Government of Karnataka for admissions to M. Tech.
- You must first fill up the online application form with your personal details, using email address and phone number.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fees.
- The application number will be generated as soon as the form is finished.
- Take a printout with you for reference in the future.
- If you become eligible for admission, the college will inform you about the further admission procedures.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Tech Admission through KCET
You must become eligible to get admission to B. Tech through KCET. The eligibility criteria is given below:
- Aspirants must have passed Intermediate Examination from the Board of Karnataka, with subjects like Mathematics and Physics as individual subjects or any course recognized by the University.
- The minimum aggregate score for 12th Standard Students in General Category is 45% and SC/ST students is 40%.
- He/ She must have studied English as a subject in 12th Class.
- Students who are awaiting the results are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed a minimum of around 7 years from class one to twelve, in the Karnataka Board or any other recognized institution are also eligible to apply.
Documents Required for B. Tech Admission through KCET
The below mentioned documents are required for B. Tech Admission through KCET:
- SSLC/10th Marksheet.
- 12th/PUC Marksheet.
- Category/income/Reservation Certificate.
- Details of study in Karnataka.
- Latest passport size photograph.
- Candidate signature in jpg format.
- Candidate Left Hand Thumb in jpg format.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Tech Admission through COMEDK
The eligibility criteria to get admission to B. Tech through COMEDK is given below:
- Students must have passed 10+2 or PUC examination or any other equivalent examination from a recognized university or institution.
- The aggregate marks of subjects like Mathematics, English, Physics and Chemistry taken together is 45% for General Category and 40 % for SC/ST students.
- There is no lateral admission under COMEDK.
Documents Required for B.Tech COMEDK
You must be ready with the given documents for applying for B. Tech through COMEDK:
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- 12th Class/PUC Marksheet.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- COMEDK Scorecard.
- Fees Receipt.
- Aadhar Card.
- Study Certificate.
- Recent Photos.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech
To get admission to postgraduate M. Tech course, you must become eligible by fulfilling the following requirements:
- He/ She must have completed B.E/B. Tech Degree from a recognized institution with a valid GATE score.
- Students who have completed 5 years in Science or Applied Science are eligible to apply.
- Aspirants who have M. Sc Degree in Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or any other equivalent are eligible to apply.
- MCA students with Software Design Specializations are also eligible to apply.
Documents Required for M.Tech
The documents needed for M. Tech Admissions are:
- Bachelor level B. Tech/B.E Course Completion Certificate.
- Yearly Marksheet.
- 10th and 12th Class Marksheet.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Recent photographs.
RNS Institute of Technology Management Quota Fees
RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore offers undergraduate B. Tech and post graduate M. Tech Programs. The management quota fees for the admissions under various specializations is given below:
|COMEDK( All Branches)
|Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
|Information Science and Engineering
|ME, EEE, CIV and EIE
Hostel Fees for RNS Institute of Technology
RNS Institute of Technology arranges hostel accommodation for both boys and girls. The girls hostel can accommodate around 300 girls and the boys hostel can take 500 boys. Each of the rooms are well furnished, spacious and have good ventilation. The Wardens are in-charge of looking after the requirements of the hostel inmates. The mess serves healthy and nutritious food to the students residing in both the hostels.
You must fill a hostel fees application form with your application number and phone number. Using the link the payment of the hostel fees is made online.
Extra Fees for RNS Institute of Technology
Students must pay the extra or miscellaneous fees, apart from the course fees according to the course specialization. These fees vary from one course to another. It is the management of the institution which decides on the amount of the extra fees. The extra fees for RNS Institute of Technology is given below:
Both Karnataka and Non Karnataka Students have to pay the Visvesvaraya Technology University Fees and Skill Development Fees. The fees charged varies as per the category and the specialization which the students are going for in the graduate and postgraduate degree. The extra fees charged to Karnataka students is given below:
|Skill Development Fees
Non Karnataka Students
The miscellaneous fees charged for students from outside Karnataka is given below:
|Skill Development Fees
After you have received your allotment letter from the college, you are supposed to go to the admission department for the next procedure. You have to pay the course fees. To make the process easier for parents and students, various methods of payment of fees have been made available. Candidates can opt for any of the methods for payment of fees to the Administration Office. The payment method options available are:
- Online Payment.
- DD/Cheque in favor of” RNSIT Bangalore”.
RNS Institute of Technology is among the well known engineering colleges in Karnataka. You must secure a good score as well as ranking in the qualifying examinations and the entrance tests. Many students prefer the college to be one among the top options. College offers admissions to B. Tech and M. Tech through management quota. I will suggest to pick your college according to your score and ranking. Choose the field in which you are able to make a successful career. Best Wishes and Good Luck for your future!
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in management quota at RNS Institute of Technology?
Yes, it is possible to take admission in B. Tech in management quota at RNS Institute of Technology.
2. What is the fees charged for Computer Science and Engineering streams?
The fees charged for Computer Science and Engineering stream is Rs 5,50,000/-.
3. Will I get any benefit if I take admission through management quota?
Yes, Management Quota helps students to get admission in the top engineering colleges.
4. Which are the extra fees charged by the college?
The extra fees charged by the college are the University Fees, Skill Development Fees, Books and Uniform Fees and Transport Fees.
5. Are the hostel fees charged separately?
Yes, the hostel fees are charged separately.
6. Does management quota students get scholarships?
No, management quota students are not considered for management quota admissions.
7. What is the duration of the B.Tech in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence?
The duration of the B. Tech in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence is 4 years.
8. How much are the fees for management quota for Computer Science and Engineering in Data Science?
The fees for management quota for Computer Science and Engineering in Data Science is Rs 3,80,000/-.