Have you qualified your 12th standard? Are you a physiotherapy aspirant? If yes, then this post is quite useful to you. And even, if you are not a physiotherapy aspirant but looking for a degree in bachelor’s, then this post is for you as well. The physiotherapy industry is growing by leaps and bounds in the Indian healthcare sector and the BPT program has become one of the most sought-after courses after 12th. Certainly, physiotherapy has greater career prospects. Go through this post, as you’ll get to know about one of the upcoming and leading BPT colleges in Bangalore i.e., Rosy Royal College of physiotherapy.
Table of Contents
- Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered at Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents needed
- Admissions Process at Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Why choose Rosy College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
- Rosy Royal College of Nursing Bangalore Fees Structure
- Campus Facilities
- Department and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Rosy Royal Group of Institutions is a student-centric institute that is driven by its values and its warm and caring environment. It emphasizes giving personal attention, holding excellence in academics, and providing for the overall personality development of each student.
Rosy Royal Group was established in 1998. It is spread over twenty acres of land, with lush greenery and well equipped with all the amenities. The colleges which come under this group are:
- Rosy Royal Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital.
- Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy.
- Rosy Royal College of Pharmacy.
- Royal College and School of Nursing.
- Rosy Royal College of Hospital Administration.
- Rosy Royal International College of Paramedical Sciences.
- Royal PU College.
- Royal International Public School.
Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS). It is recognized by the Indian Association of physiotherapists (IAP) and by the Government of Karnataka. The college is located in Mallapura, Nelamangala, Bangalore, Karnataka-562162.
The Department of Physiotherapy offers professionally supervised programs, and education and undertakes counseling services, for helping the patients who are recovering after a serious injury, illness, or surgery. It aims at promoting health and well-being. It works closely with other departments such as Cardiac Sciences, Neurosciences, Orthopaedic, and Sports Medicine, which offers services to its patients.
Courses offered at Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
The institution offers graduate-level programs, including Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). It is a four and half year course, which is followed by six months of internship.
If you are looking forward to getting admission to the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- Must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English separately, and the combined score of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology must have scored at least forty-five percent.
- In the case of students who belong to the SC/ST category, the combined score must be at least forty percent.
- Must have attained seventeen years of age on the 31st December, on the year of admission.
- Must possess Medical Fitness Certificate from an Authorized Medical Officer, stating that he/she is medically fit to undergo the course.
The following documents are required to be submitted for BPT at the time of taking admission:
- SSLC/10th Standard Original Mark sheet.
- II PUC/12th Standard/Intermediate Original Mark sheet.
- Recent passport size photographs-Six.
- School leaving/Transfer Certificate.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Aadhar Card copy.
- Caste/Community Certificate/Income Certificate.
- Contact Numbers of the Parents/Guardian.
- Fees payment receipt.
Admissions Process at Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The Rosy Royal Group of Institutions has a transparent and highly efficient admission process.
- The application forms and the brochures are available from the college and online applications are available on the website.
- Filled and completed application forms must be submitted on or before a certain notified date.
- Students who get provisionally selected for the admissions must appear before the Admission Committee with their parents/guardians.
- He/she is required to carry original documents.
- Parents/guardians must accompany the students.
- Fees must be paid to the admission department of the college through Cash/Cheque/DD.
- Once the fees are paid, there will be no refund of fees.
- Students must comply with attendance and other regulations.
- For students who belong to the SC/ST category, a valid caste certificate is required along with an income certificate. It will help them in getting reimbursement from the concerned Boards later.
- Selection is based on merit in their qualifying exams. Special consideration is given to outstanding performers in Sports, Cultural, NCC, and so on. The rules of selection are based on rules laid down by the Government of Karnataka.
Why choose Rosy College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
The reasons for choosing Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore are:
- The institute has been awarded as the Best Physiotherapy College in the Karnataka region.
- There is practical exposure given to the students.
- It has got well qualified and experienced faculty.
- The college is recognized by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP), Delhi.
- Tie-ups with more than twelve multi-specialty hospitals, for providing training and placements.
- Give more practical exposure to the students, through regular visits to different hospitals and camps.
Rosy Royal College of Nursing Bangalore Fees Structure
|Course name||Fees (Yearly)|
|Bachelors of Physiotherapy(BPT)||Rs 45,250.|
The placement cell provides assistance for the students to get them placed during the campus interviews. It provides training and development to the students, impart soft and interpersonal skills to make them industry-ready.
Career opportunities after completing BPT
The career opportunities after completion of BPT are:
- Therapy Manager.
- Research Assistant.
- Freelance/Self-employed Private Physiotherapist.
- Sports Physiotherapy Rehabilitator.
Rosy Royal Group of Institutions has got a sprawling green campus at Neelamangala in the city of Bangalore.
The facilities available on campus are:
Hostel Facility at Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Rosy Royal College provides the students with a home away from home. There are separate hostels for the boys and girls. The architectural design of the hostels helps in providing a pleasant and friendly atmosphere, which helps in stimulating positive learning. It provides a lively environment among the students. It is a Wi-Fi-enabled campus with round-the-clock security.
The Canteen provides clean, fresh, and healthy food to all the students. There is a dining hall with a seating facility. It provides a variety of cuisines, like South Indian and North Indian.
A library is the heart of any academic institute. It encourages the students the faculty and the students to make the most effective use of the library. It has got a spacious area, computerized and fully air-conditioned.
It has got reference books, and magazines. Stack area and the digitalized library. There are more than seventy-two thousand books and references which are available for the faculties and the students.
There is a resource center where the open access system is provided to the students. The library has got subscriptions to one hundred and eighty journals, both national and international journals. There is a vast collection of books for subjects like Medical, Homeopathy, Pharmacy, Nursing, Management, Basic Sciences as well as Humanities. There is an audio-visual section with CDs and Digital Library.
The labs are equipped with modern facilities and fulfill the standards of respective disciplines. All the various departments have been set up with high standards. The different labs are:
- Pharmacy Lab.
- Physiology Lab.
- Anatomy Lab.
Rosy Royal Group of Institutions offers compressive healthcare services to the general public. It was established with the purpose of providing specialized clinical and bedside training. Which includes providing education on health sciences. The teaching hospital is committed to doing research and development, with state-of-the-art facilities in its place.
Rosy Royal Colleges provides a fleet of buses that operate from within the city of Bangalore, Yeshwantpur, and the Nelamangla Bus stop to the campus. It covers the important junctions. There is a team of experienced drivers, who drive the buses, complying with all the safety rules and norms. BMTC buses are also available to the campus on a regular basis during college hours.
There are highly qualified, experienced, and eminent faculty members, who are imparting and building confidence, as far as the future prospects are concerned. The faculties are appointed according to the norms set up by the Government of India.
Department and Research
Research is given a lot of importance at the Rosy Royal College. Each of the eminent faculties, mentors and guide the students, in order to develop their interest in writing research and development. The students jointly with their faculties write research papers in national and international journals.
Different departments in the college are:
- Department of Physiology.
- Department of Anatomy.
- Department of Biochemistry.
- Department of Pharmacology.
- Department of Electrotherapy.
- Department of Microbiology.
- Department of Pathology.
- Department of Sports Science and Medicine.
- Department of General Medicine.
- Department of Orthopaedics and so on.
I have visited the college to speak to some of my acquaintances, who are studying at the college. I have also talked to the faculties there. It is among the best-known colleges in the city of Bangalore. If you want to know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
If you find my post interesting and useful, please share it within your groups. Write to me if you have queries about college, admissions, courses, etc in the comment box below or call me. I will revert back as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the courses offered by the Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy?
Rosy Royal College of physiotherapy offers a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT).
2. Is the Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore approved?
Yes, the Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is approved by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP).
3. Does the college offer a Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT) under any specialization?
No, the college does not offer a Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT) under any specialization.
4. What is the minimum age for getting admission to BPT?
The minimum age of getting admission to the BPT course is seventeen years as of 31st December on the year of admissions.
5. What are the facilities available in the college?
The facilities available in the college are a hostel, mess, library, cafeteria, labs, hospitals, and outdoor play area.
6. Does BPT come under NEET?
Students do not require a NEET score for getting admission to the BPT Course.
7. Is CET necessary for BPT?
Yes, Karnataka CET (KCET) is the entrance examination for getting admission to the BPT Course. For those students, who are looking for a government seat. Should write the entrance exam. It is not mandatory for getting BPT Admissions.
8. Which course is better for earning BPT or BAMS?
Both the courses are from different fields, BAMS deals with Ayurveda medicine, so you can get jobs in government hospitals, Ayurveda medicine companies, spas and you also can open your private clinic. In these times, Physiotherapy is advancing with an increase in demand and the job prospects and scope are improving. The courses have an equal amount of scope and earnings.
9. If you are not selected for MBBS, is BPT a good option?
Yes, BPT has similar subjects to MBBS as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, etc. It will be similar to studying MBBS. The demand for physiotherapy courses is growing each day.
10. What is the scope after BPT for girls?
Initially, you can find it difficult to find a job. They are also paid less money. You can open your own clinic as an assistant physiotherapist. You can also go for home visits and earn according to the number of visits to a patient.
11. Is BPT a good course after the 12th standard?
Yes. BPT is a good course after the 12th standard. BPT has its own scope, just like MBBS.
12. BPT or BDS, which is a better option?
Both BPT and BDS have got equal importance in the medical field. Whatever course you would wish to take depends upon your own personal interest. Your experience in the field will make you a better medical professional.
13. What are the future career options after BPT in India?
The future career options after completing BPT in India are Sports physiotherapist. Geriatric physiotherapist. Pediatric physiotherapist. Neurology physiotherapist. Orthopedic physiotherapist. Oncology physiotherapists. Community-based rehabilitation Women’s health. Hospitals and NGOs. Sports Associations. Or Work in your own clinic.
14. Is BPT easier than MBBS?
It depends on your own understanding and interest which will make the course easier or difficult for you. You must try to learn whatever course you choose, you must not presume it is easy or difficult.
15. Can I prepare for NEET while doing BPT?
Yes, many students prepare for NEET while pursuing further studies. It all depends on your personal choice. Many BPT and BDS students prepare for NEET till their last attempt.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Rosy Royal College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.