Architecture is a profession which plays an important role in our lives. Architects are professionals who help in designing our spaces. Their creations are in different styles, forms and designs . In today’s times, there is growing need for professional architects. Architecture course gives you insights into designing of structures, making and putting the ideas together. Professional Architects are in high demand. Architecture Colleges these days offer courses in the field. Let me tell you in detail about RR School Architecture Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- RR School of Architecture Overview
- Admissions at RR Architecture School
- Course Offered
- RR School of Architecture Fees
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Ranking & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
RR School of Architecture Overview
R R Institutions was founded in 1993, with the objective of providing education to various sections of the society. The main idea was to impart quality education with its infrastructural facilities and convert them into reality for India. It has placed its students across prestigious organizations in India and abroad. It has a good academic record of placing the students in top organizations.
|RR School of Architecture Bangalore
|Raja Reddy Layout, Hesaraghatta Main Road, Chikkabanavara, Bangalore 560090
|Visvesvaraya Technological University Belgaum
|Council of Architecture, New Delhi
|Both boys and girls
It aims to bring synergy between the industry as well as the institution , so that both are benefited mutually from it. The objective is to provide upto date and relevant information, with respect to the knowledge sharing and practical demonstrations.
RR School of Architecture Bangalore came into existence in the year 2014. The institution is recognised by the Visvesvaraya Technological University Belgaum. It has got approval from the Council of Architecture, New Delhi and is also recognised by the Government of Karnataka.
It is located at Raja Reddy Layout, Hesaraghatta Main Road, Bangalore 560090 Karnataka R R Institutions has its campus spread over 27 acres with lush green gardens, in the city of Bangalore. It is a young and vibrant city with people from different cultural diversities . It is well connected by various means of transport. It is an industrial and technological centre with top companies and industrial parks.
The Chairman of the PKM Education Trust is Shri Y. Raja Reddy, Secretary is Shri Kiran H R, Director is Shri Arun H R and the Principal of the College is Prof. Ar. Shivasharanappa B Patil. The college has excellent infrastructure facilities with high tech computer labs. The computer labs help to give a practical hands on experience to the students. It ensures to provide a happy and conducive atmosphere for studying.
The vision of the college is to grow beyond leaps and bounds as per the standards of excellence in the field of professional and technical education. To help in developing human resources to match the global standards through a learning process which is dynamic, creative and constructive.
The mission of the institution is to provide career oriented education which is combined with the outstanding technical and professional skills with ethics, social responsibilities in today’s world. The college encourages the students to use English language within the campus. The faculties at the institution is well experienced and qualified. They guide and mentor the students who are looking to make a career in the field.
R R Group of Institutions runs 17 institutions starting from schools to colleges and hospitals. The institutions under the RR Group are:
- R R Institute of Technology.
- R R School of Architecture.
- R R Institute of Advanced Studies.
- R R College of Pharmacy.
- R R Institute of Management Studies.
- R R College and School o f Nursing.
- Manjunatha College and School of Nursing.
- R R Institute of Medical Sciences.
- R R College of Education.
- R R Polytechnic.
- National Academy of Learning.
- National Public School, Chikkabanavara.
- NRR Hospital College and School Nursing.
- NRR Hospital.
- Prakriya Hospital.
- Rainbow International School.
- Little Millennium.
Why Study B Arch at RR College?
B Arch is a course which includes studying the different models, making their drawings and blueprints along with other physical structures of the building. There is a growing demand for professionals and experts in the field. Some of the reasons to study B Arch are:
- People who have an inclination towards designing and model creation can take up the course. It aims to make amateurs become professionals.
- The minimum package which a B Arch graduate can earn is around INR 3 LPA.
- Job opportunities are available across sectors according to the experience. You can earn more in metro cities as well as in countries abroad.
- Architects are required to travel and visit many places to look and study different forms of architecture.
Admissions at RR Architecture School
The details regarding the admission to the courses offered is available on the college website. To know more, please contact:
R R School of Architecture
Raja Reddy Layout, Bangalore
The steps to be followed for getting admissions to the courses offered is as follows:
Step 1: Go to the Admissions on the website of the college.
Step 2: You have to fill the application form correctly with your details.
Step 3: Upload the documents.
Step 4: Submit the Application Form and pay the application fees.
Step 5: Take a printout of the application form, for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for B Arch
The eligibility criteria for getting admission to B. Arch is:
- Candidates must have passed PUC /12TH Standard or any other equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- Must have a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- Must have appeared for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) and have scored a minimum of 50% marks.
Documents required during admissions to B. Arch are:
- Score card of NATA.
- School leaving/ Migration Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Mark sheet and Certificate of SSLC/ 10th Standard.
- Mark sheet and Certificate of 12th Standard/ PUC.
- Caste Certificate/ Caste Validity/ non-creamy layer ( if applicable).
- Income Certificate.
- Kannada Medium Certificate (For students who have studied Kannada Medium from Class 1 to 10th).
- Parent’s Study Certificate/ Income Certificate.
- Aadhar Card Copy.
Important Exams Dates for B Arch
The accepted examinations for admissions to B. Arch are JEE Main, JEE Advanced and NATA. Some states conduct their own entrance exams for admissions to B. Arch. The important dates for the exams are given below:
|Name of the examination
|Date of Registration
|Date of Examination
|8 April 2022-28 May 2022
|12 June 2022
|1 June 2022-30 June 2022
|21 July 2022-30 July 2022
|8 June 2022-14 June 2022
|3 July 2022
|4TH week of March 2022- 3rd week of July 2022
|4th week of July 2022
RR School of Architecture Bangalore offers undergraduate courses in Bachelor of Architecture. B. Arch is a program for a duration of 5 years. It is a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge. This course provides knowledge and skills on construction, planning and designing of various kinds of structures.
Right from generation of the idea, mapping and overseeing the activities involved in construction, a good architect is involved at every stage in the construction process.
Faculty is an important entity in a student’s life. They play various roles as educators, mentors and role models to their students. RR School of Architecture Bangalore has experienced, highly qualified and knowledgeable faculty members. The Principal of the college is Prof. AR. P. A. Sairam Kumar. The esteemed team of faculties at R R School of Architecture are:
- AR. Sriraj Basavaraju – Professor.
- AR .J. Chandrahasa Reddy – Associate Professor.
- AR. Manjula Sudhakar – Assistant Professor.
- Harsha H N – Associate Professor.
- AR. Sandhya B K – Assistant Professor.
- AR. Nikhil Jagadish Agasibagalavar – Assistant Professor.
- Ar. Surbhi – Assistant Professor.
- Ar. Pavithra T – Assistant Professor.
- Shruti Hiremath – Assistant Professor.
- AR. Nithin Kamath – Assistant Professor.
- Madiha Firdouz – Assistant Professor.
- AR. Varuna Shukla – Assistant Professor.
- Ms. Bhawani Mani – Assistant Professor.
- AR Prashanthi Ajila – Assistant Professor (Visiting).
Benefits of Pursuing B Arch
B Arch course is becoming popular these days as many students are going for the program. The advantages of pursuing B Arch course are:
- The field of architecture requires creativity and knowledge It is rewarding for people with vision as well as perception about various things. So, to become the best in the field, you need to put your best in designing and creating the building structures.
- You need to be passionate about this field. It brings people who share the same interests and liking in looking at various structures. If buildings and structures is what interest you, then the field is for you.
- It is a dynamic and fast paced field, which keeps changing everyday. With advances in technology, you are required to be updated with the latest happenings in the sector.
- A normal day of an architect involves visiting the sites, meeting the clients and sometimes staying at the office.
- You need to observe and understand the city in which you live. An architect appreciates the buildings and construction which is happening around the city. It becomes important to know about the city and its landscaping.
- Architecture is a field which has got lot of respect and influence in the society. They are very handsomely paid and considered to be a noble profession.
It is important to look into the advantages of the architectural field, before going for a profession in the field.
Skills Required in B Arch
Architecture is a field which requires creativity and knowledge about various types of building structures. The aspirants who are looking to make a career in the field are required to have certain inherent skills. The skills required in the field are:
- Thinking creatively.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Good memory.
- Knowledge about building and construction.
- Analytical thinking.
- Physical Stamina.
- Team player.
- Responsible and accountable.
- Keen eye for detailing.
- Problem solving ability.
RR School of Architecture Fees
The fees structure for the courses offered by R R School of Architecture is:
Payment Method Options: Payment method options are the methods which are provided to the students to make the payment of fees. It can be done in different ways like Demand Draft, Cheques, NEFT Transfer, Net Banking and Online Payments through UPI. You can opt for any of the fees payment methods as per your convenience. It makes the process convenient and hassle free for both the parents and the students.
Scholarships: Scholarships are given to those students who are meritorious in academics and to those who require financial assistance. It is given to boost their self-confidence and also encourage them to achieve in life. The college can provide scholarships on the basis of merit or on the basis of need and merit. It has a committee of faculty members which finalizes the list of students who can be awarded scholarships. It helps them to pursue higher studies in the relevant field.
Central Government also has got various scholarship schemes for architecture students. Aspirants need to fulfill the requirements and avail the benefits of such scholarship schemes.
Educational Loans: Educational loans facility can be availed from the banks which are having tie-up with the college. You can get loans at comparatively cheaper interest rates from such banks.
Placements & Career Opportunities
The placement cell at RR School of Architecture Bangalore helps the students in providing placements in top companies. Workshops, seminars, conferences and guest lectures are conducted by the experts in the field. It helps in enhancing their knowledge and also helps them to be industry ready. The placement process starts at the end of the final semester. The college ensures that the students get placements in top architecture companies with good packages.
Job Profiles for B Arch Graduates
The field of architecture has a lot of scope in India as well as abroad. There is a growing demand for skilled B. Arch graduates in both the public and private sector. Nowadays, there are lots of opportunities available in the market. Some of the job profiles that B. Arch graduates can go for are:
- Teaching Profession.
- Urban planner.
- Interior Designer.
- Assistant architect.
- Architecture Designer.
- Architecture Engineer.
- Art Assistant.
- Landscape designer.
- Historian in Architecture.
|Larsen & Toubro
|Tata Consultancy Services
|C P Kukreja Associates
The salary package offered to the students are quite descent. These pay packages tends to increase with experience.
- Maximum Salary Package: INR 7 LPA.
- Average Salary Package: INR 2 LPA.
B Arch is an undergraduate program for a duration of 5 years. It is compulsory to undertake 1 semester of internship or training .It can take place under a reputed architect or a firm. The internship gives a practical hands on experience in the field. Once the internship is finished, the students are issued internship completion certificate.
Ranking & Recognitions
RR School of Architecture Bangalore is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and also recognized by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi. The institution is among the top colleges offering architecture courses. It is known for its course curriculum, faculties, infrastructure and placements. The students of the college have been placed in reputed companies.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
R R Institutions has got its campus on 27 acres of land with greenery, beautiful gardens and has a learning environment. Bangalore city is the technological and educational hub of India. It is well connected to the rest of India by rail, road and air. It is a cosmopolitan city with young people and enormous job opportunities. The facilities offered to the students are:
RR School of Architecture Bangalore provides separate hostels for the boys and girls. The hostels are well furnished and spacious. Warden is available round the clock to sort out issues or any other problems. The tutors are there to take care of their studies. There is 24/7 security provided to the hostelers. They are served healthy and hygienic food at nominal cost.
The cafeteria facility is available for the students, faculty members and the guests. It serves healthy and nutritious food at subsidised rates. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods in different cuisines are prepared by the expert chefs, in their clean and modernized kitchens.
Library is the knowledge center for any institution. It is among the best places to learn. It has a seating capacity of around 60 students. There is a vast collection of textbooks, reference books, journals and periodicals.
RR School of Architecture Bangalore has two computer labs. Each lab has a seating capacity of around 50 students. The systems are configured in such a way, so as to allow individual access from all the computers. They are given free access to mail and the internet. The state of the art computer labs are equipped with the latest software, to help the students work with the modern technology.
The institution has facilities for sports such as cricket, volleyball, basketball and cricket along with the indoor games. The college team participates in inter-collegiate tournaments. Students are encouraged to participate in various tournaments and competitions.
Medical Services and Health Care Centre
There is a modern and well equipped healthcare centre, where the students are given medical attention and guidance on health related issues. It is a registered and well known hospital, in case there are emergencies or any special treatments required. Regular health camps are conducted to monitor the health of the students.
The seminar hall is equipped with audio-visual equipment and a digital projection system. It has got a seating capacity of around 200 people. It is a place where academic and cultural activities take place throughout the year.
RR School of Architecture Bangalore has its own fleet of buses for the students and the faculty members. Pick up and drop facilities are available to those students who are availing the transport facility.
The auditorium is built as per the international standards, with the commitment to provide the best facilities to the students. It has a seating capacity for 1000 people.
The institution provides wifi campus in all its institutions.It helps the students to get lines anywhere on the campus without wiring and cables.It is a hi tech campus for the new generation
Ragging is not permitted on the campus. Students are a part of the anti-ragging committee .The main purpose of the committee is to take strict action against individuals who are part of such activities on the campus.It also ensures their safety and security.
College Contact Details
Address: Hesarghatta Rd, Raja Reddy Layout, Medaralli, Chikkabanavara, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560090.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 080 – 28391554/3, 91 74064 73333.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. R R School of Architecture is affiliated to which university?
The college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University.
2. Which course is offered by the institution?
The institution offers an undergraduate program in Bachelor of Architecture.
3. How much time does it take to complete B. Arch?
It takes 5 years to complete B. Arch.
4. Where is RR School of Architecture located?
The college is located at Raja Reddy Layout, Hesaraghatta Main Road, Chikkabanavara, Bangalore.
5. Is the B.Arch course recognised?
Yes, the B.Arch course is recognised by the Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi.
6. Is hostel accommodation available in the college?
Yes, hostel accommodation is available for both the boys and girls.
7. Does the institute provide a placement facility?
Yes, the institute provides the best placement facilities to its students.
8. What is the minimum package offered to B. Arch graduates?
The minimum package offered to B. Arch graduates is Rs 2, 50,000/- per annum.
If you want to gather information on another architecture colleges, you can click and follow the link below:
A small request
Architecture is becoming the most sought after courses in the country with immense opportunities in the field. If you are an alumni or an undergraduate currently studying in RR School of Architecture Bangalore, do help the budding architects by writing a review about the college on this post.