Architecture is a profession which involves designing buildings ,open spaces, communities and other artificial constructions with an aesthetics. It includes designing and selection of furnishings, decorations, supervision of the construction work, examination, restoration and remodeling of the buildings. It is both art and science. Nowadays, it has become very popular. Best colleges in Bangalore offer courses in Architecture. One among them is, School of Architecture CMR University Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- School of Architecture CMR University Overview
- Architecture Admissions
- Courses Offered
- Program Fees
- School of Architecture CMR University Placements
- College Contact Details
- Rankings & Recognitions
- Facilities Offered
- Frequently Asked Questions
School of Architecture CMR University Overview
The institution was founded in the year 2015-16 and since then it has carved a separate identity for itself in the field of education in architecture. The main hands on experience makes the architecture course competitive and it is relevant to the profession as well as the society. It follows the maker centric pedagogy which is a combination of experimental, reflective and individual thinking. It firmly believes in the performance and outputs of the faculty as well as the students.
|Name||School of Architecture, CMR University|
|Address||No 132, AECS Layout, ITPL Main Road, Kundanahalli, Bangalore 560037|
|Affiliated to||UGC/ AIU|
|Approved by||Council of Architecture, New Delhi|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The faculty members of the School of Architecture CMR University Bangalore have immense amounts of experience in the relevant field. It has got the most learned, trained and quality academicians as faculties. Well known and leading architects from the country and abroad visit the college for mentorship programs. They provide valuable insights into the trends and happenings in the world of architecture within the academic framework.
Institutions Under CMR University
- School of Architecture
- School of Design
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Legal Studies
- School of Management
- School of Economics and Commerce
- School of Social Sciences and Humanities
- School of Social Studies
- School of Education
- CMR Centre for English and foreign languages
The vision of the college is to be known as a maker centric centre of architecture, which creates creative and competent professionals in the field, who are honoured by the society. To make them social, humane and ecologically relevant people, who address the changes happening in the environment.
- Create the required infrastructure according to the needs of the society
- Facilitate in creating an ambience for interdisciplinary activities among the students and faculties
- Develop a framework for both the faculty and the students to participate in competitions, activities and research
- Engage with industry, local bodies and the public in working towards addressing the civic issues of Bangalore city and its environment.
- Help in the creation of understanding of the problems of the society, so as to make an impact on the social, economic and ecological systems
- Creation of online as well as offline information systems.
The details regarding admissions to the courses offered at School of Architecture CMR University Bangalore are mentioned on the college website. To know more, please contact:
College of Architecture CMR University,
The steps to be followed for getting admissions to the courses is as follows:
Step 1: Go to the admissions page on the college website.
Step 2: You need to register yourself and verify your mail.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with the correct details.
Step 4: After filling the application form, you need to pay the application fees.
Step 5: Once you have paid the fees, you can submit the application form.
Step 6: Take a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Arch
Bachelor of Architecture or B. Arch is a graduate level course for a duration of 5 years. The eligibility criteria for admissions to B. Arch is given below:
- Candidates must have passed 10 +2/12th Standard or any equivalent examination from any State Board/ CBSE/ ICSE/ NIOS/ IB with compulsory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- Candidates must have passed Diploma Examination or 10 +3 pattern with any stream and also with Maths as the compulsory subject from the Technical Board of Karnataka or other state candidates will also be eligible for the course.
- Need to qualify for NATA or equivalent aptitude examination which is approved by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi.
Documents Required for B Arch
The documents required for getting admission to B. Arch are:
- NATA Scorecard
- JEE Main Paper 2 Result
- Seat Allotment Memo
- Date of birth proof of the candidate
- Receipt of Fees
- 12th Standard Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate from the last institution
- Medical Certificate
Important Admission Dates
The accepted examinations for admissions to B.Arch. are JEE Main, JEE Advanced and NATA. Some states conduct their examination for admissions to B. Arch. The important dates for the exams are given below:
|Examination||Date of Registration||Date of Examination|
|NATA||8 April 2022-28 May 2022||12 June 2022|
|JEE Main||1 June 2022-30 June 2022||21 July 2022-30 July 2022|
|JEE Advanced||8 June 2022-14 June 2022||3 July 2022|
|COMEDK UGET||4TH week of March 2022- 3rd week of July 2022||4th week of July 2022|
School of Architecture CMR University Bangalore offers undergraduate and doctoral programs. The courses offered are Bachelor of Architecture or B. Arch and Ph. D in Architecture.
Bachelor of Architecture
Architecture is considered to be an Art and Science of building and designing the physical structures. It is a mix of creativity, technology, architectural skills in terms of proficiency in mathematics, technically skilled along with artistic skills.
Bachelor of Architecture or B. Arch is a full time course for a duration of 5 years. It is a combination of theory and practical learning, in which the students get exposure to various techniques and skills needed to become successful in the field.
Ph. D in Architecture
Ph.D Architecture is a doctoral program which is offered for full time and part time. This course is for a duration of 3 years. The program helps to develop the skills required to become a researcher in the chosen field of research. It emphasizes elevation in the research quality, so as to create a pool of knowledge in the disciplines. They are groomed in such a way that the research scholars become academicians and scientists, who are capable of conducting good quality research in an ethical manner.
Faculties at School of Architecture CMR University are highly qualified, experienced and knowledgeable. Each of the faculty members have years of experience in their specialised area. They help in guiding, mentoring and motivating the students to become professionals in the field of architecture.
The Director of the institution is Prof. Muralidhar. K. Few of the esteemed faculty members are:
- Prof. Anand K R – Professor
- Prof. Anirban Das – Professor
- Prof. Attri Chetan – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Chandrabanu D V N L – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Minu Zacharia – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Pratyusha S – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Atul Saraff – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Renuka Gajanan Oka – Associate Professor
- Prof. Chetan M A – Assistant Professor
- Prof. B Nidhi – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Tintu Jessy Joseph – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Prathik Rasiklal Bhandari – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Kulshresth D Patel – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Prasad Rotti – Assistant Professor
- Prof. Thiyagarajan – Associate Professor
- Prof. Shah Nishita Vijaykumar – Assistant Professor
The student club at School of Architecture CMR University performs the following activities:
- It helps in promoting personality development of the students by organising different cultural, sports and academic activities
- Students are given opportunities to showcase their talents, which helps in building their self confidence
- “Chingari” is the annual exhibition held in the college. It was started in the year 2016, where the students would present their work to the industry experts, interact with them and get exposure to the architectural field.
The fees structure for the course offered at School of Architecture CMR University is:
|B. Arch||Rs. 4,10,000/-||5 years|
Payment Method Options: The payment of the college fees can be done in different ways like Demand Draft, Cheques, NEFT Transfer, Net Banking and Online Payments through UPI. You can opt for any of the fees payment methods as per your convenience.
Scholarships: Scholarships are given to those students who are meritorious in academics and to those who require financial assistance. It is given to boost their self-confidence and also encourage them to achieve in life.
Educational Loans: Educational loans facility can be availed from the banks which are having tie-up with the college. You can get loans at comparatively cheaper interest rates from such banks.
School of Architecture CMR University Placements
CMR University has an established training and development centre in each of the institutions which is led by Senior Professor and Director. The centre understands the needs of the corporate world and helps students to become industry ready.
Training programmes, guest lectures, workshops and seminars are organised for the students. Short term training on soft-skills and aptitudes are given, in order to broaden their skills. Students are given optimum opportunities in their specialised fields.
Nowadays, architecture has become a popular course. There are lots of job opportunities available for B. Arch graduate. Some of the job profiles are:
- Design Manager
- Interior Designer
- Urban Designer
- Builder/ Developer
- Architectural Journalist
- Set Designer
- Landscape Designer
|Bosch Limited||CEPTON India||Flipkart India Pvt Ltd||Infosys Limited|
|HCL Technologies||Wipro Limited||TCS Limited||Unisys India|
|KPMG India Pvt Ltd||Oracle India Pvt Ltd.||HP Enterprise Limited||Deloitte India Pvt Ltd|
CMR University provides placements to all the students. The highest and the average package during the placements in the year 2022 is given below:
- Highest Pay Package: INR 6.5 LPA.
- Average Pay Package: INR 3 LPA.
College Contact Details
Address:132, ITPL Main Road, Kundalahalli, Kadugodi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 080-25426977/ 88.
Rankings & Recognitions
School of Architecture CMR University is ranked among the top colleges offering architecture. It is affiliated to UGC and Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The courses are approved by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi. The awards/ recognitions given to CMR University are:
- Awarded the Emerging University of the Year by ASSOCHAM, New Delhi
- CMR University secured 40th position in the 2021 Global Impact Rankings by R World Institutional Ranking for contribution towards Sustainable Development Goals of the Earth
School of Architecture CMR University has got its campus located at Kundanahalli in the city of Bangalore. It has a green, mesmerizing and breathtaking atmosphere, where the students are made to feel at home. The facilities available on campus are:
There are separate blocks for the boys and girls. The rooms are airy, well ventilated and furnished. The warden is in charge of taking care of the hostel. Healthy and nutritious food is made available at the hostel mess at reasonable rates.
The college has its dedicated library which has a vast collection of books such as that of Architecture, Technology, Design, Arts, and Humanities etc. It has also got a collection of magazines and journals which are available in the digital form as well as online.
The computer lab covers an area of 80 square metres and it is sufficient to meet the student’s requirements. The systems are equipped with Autodesk Software, Rhinoceros and Adobe softwares. Students make use of the lab in enhancing their visualization in their project work.
The workshop covers around 150 square metres and has a studio attached to it. It provides hands-on experience with materials like wood, metal, paper, clay and plaster of Paris. The college is also a part of MarkerSpace network which regularly conducts workshops, training, guest lectures and meetings within the community.
The exhibition hall has the relevant systems to display the works of the students. It consists of both permanent and temporary exhibits. These exhibits are in the form of drawings, sketches, models etc.
Visual Arts Room
It is a place where the student’s explore fine arts in the form of paintings, hand sketches and sculptures. It is equipped with professional drawing equipment such as easels, side tables etc.
The Material Museum is a place which displays various types of building materials and fixtures, to help the students in identifying the products which are currently available in the market. The materials are floor finishes, walling, roofing, electrical, sanitary, plumbing and light and fixtures products are displayed here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is CMR university recognized?
Yes, the university is recognized by UGC and Association of Indian Universities.
2. Are the courses approved?
Yes, the courses are approved by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi.
3. What are the courses offered at the college?
The college offers graduate B. Arch and a doctoral program in Architecture.
4. How long does it take to complete B. Arch?
Arch is a full time course for a duration of 5 years.
5. Is hostel accommodation available within the campus?
Yes, there is separate hostel accommodation for boys and girls within campus.
6. Are placements provided to the students?
Yes, placements are provided to the students.
7. What are the facilities offered?
The facilities offered are hostels, library, computer lab, workshop, exhibition hall, visual arts room and material museum.
8. What is the maximum package offered during placements?
The maximum package offered during placements is Rs 6, 50,000/- per annum.
You can also go through my detailed post on another Architecture by simply clicking and following the link below:
Take a moment:
You have been going through our posts and giving your valuable feedback. Please provide a review, if you have passed out or doing the course at School of Architecture CMR University. The future architects can be benefited by your views.