Did you love drawing 3D buildings in your school? Do you feel fascinated when you look at unique infrastructure? Do you desire to create and design buildings of your choice? If all the above answers are yes, then architecture is an appropriate profession for you! Let’s be honest, a degree in architecture is not a piece of cake, it requires hard work. it is a process of creativity, passion, and hard work. But, if you are passionate about it then nothing can stop you to excel and Acharya NRV School of Architecture Bangalore is here to help you through this process.
Table of Contents
- Acharya NRV School of Architecture Overview
- Admission at Acharya College
- Program Offered
- Program Fees Structure
- Career Scope & Placements
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Acharya NRV School of Architecture Overview
Acharya Institute was established in the year 1990 with a vision to set a record in the world of education. It is a vast institution that provides more than 100 academic courses in different fields and Acharya NRV School of Architecture Bangalore serves to educate in the field of architecture. This school of architecture was established as a separate college in the year 2009.
|Name||Acharya’s NRV School of Architecture|
|Address||Acharya Institutes, Acharya Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Road, Acharya P.O Soladevanahalli, Bangalore-560 107, Karnataka, India.|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Approved by||Council of Architecture (India)|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
Acharya NRV School of Architecture Bangalore is spread across 120 acres in Bangalore. It is situated near multi-national companies to give students a corporate vibe while they study. The institute has an eye-catching sight. The college is proud to be home to students from 75 countries.
The college envisions providing valuable education and making them an administrator of innovation.
The college’s motive is to nurture aspiring students and help them grow in their life.
Admission at Acharya College
As you know Acharya NRV School of Architecture Bangalore is a part of the vast Acharya Institute. So, to get admission for Bachelor in Architecture, you need to go through a general admission procedure that is applicable for every academic course.
The college is available for 3 modes of admissions
- Walk In Enquiries
- Visit the counselors on the campus.
- Choose the admission program.
- The counselors will check for eligibility.
- If you are eligible, you will receive an admission offer.
- You need to pay the fees after accepting the admission offer.
- Online/Email Admission
- Visit the college website and fill out the online application or send an inquiry on the college email id.
- Counselors will contact you over the phone or by email.
- Send the scanned copies of the documents requested by the counselor.
- The counselors will check for eligibility.
- If you are eligible, you will receive an admission offer.
- You need to pay the fees after accepting the admission offer.
- Through Entrance Test
- Appear for the entrance test for the program of your choice.
- The student needs to meet the eligibility criteria set by the University.
- Evaluation is done with the student being ranked according to their performance.
- The students pay the fee to the University.
- The student will have to visit the college and complete the remaining admission formalities.
Eligibility Criteria for B Arch
- The student should have completed 10+2 years of schooling with minimum marks of 50% in aggregate.
- The student should have appeared for NATA Test and passed with a minimum of 40%.
Documents Required for B Arch Admissions
- 10th and 12th marks card.
- NATA admit card.
- Identity proof.
- Medical Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (Out of Karnataka Candidates).
Important Dates for NATA Test 2022
|Application Registration Date||April 2022|
|Application Form Submission Last Date||July 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||August 2022|
|Exam Date||August 2022|
|Result Announcement||August 2022|
Acharya Institute is a home to many academic courses and Bachelor of Architecture resides in Acharya’s NRV School of Architecture. The school ensures to provide classroom teaching as well as field exposure to create and develop its talented students with proficiency in professional skills.
Architecture is a course that looks fascinating from the outside but requires an equal amount of hard work in order to achieve excellence in the respective field. Still, on a positive note, I’ll mention a few reasons that will help you understand more about architecture.
Why Study Architecture?
- Architects can be compared with inventors. As an inventor create things, an architect designs and creates buildings. It gives you a sense of satisfaction when you see your design transform into an established building.
- If you pull off studying architecture and working in a few firms, you can actually build a successful career in it as it is one of the highest-paid professions.
- Architecture is not just one course, instead many other aspects of studies are embedded while studying architecture like History, Material Science, Art, Physics, etc.
- It is a life-changing profession. When you design a building, you are not only on the verge of changing your life but also your client who relies his happiness on your hands.
- This course is not only theoretical but also practically important or I should say practically more important. So, it gets more exciting during the learning process itself.
- If you love traveling, then this profession provides a scope of travel and work as you need to travel and watch different kinds of buildings which will help you in designing.
Bachelor of Architecture
Arch is a 5-year course that includes a one-year internship provided by the school. The school aims to provide its students with a high level of excellence in architectural design with appropriate skills, and also an in-depth commitment to professional ideas.
The school provides formal classroom teaching as well as a practical field approach.
|Semester 9 & 10||
Program Fees Structure
You got to know about the course details, now comes the part which all of us especially the parents look forward to. How much do I have to invest to study architecture?
Fee structure for B Arch
|Course||Fees/ year (INR)||Duration|
|B. Arch||5 years|
*Please Note: The school will charge you some amount to fill out the application form and that fee will be non-refundable. The online application form will only be filled out once you have done the online payment for the application form.
Payment Methods: The school is open to various payment methods. The preferred payment method is to go to the institution and pay the fees through Cash or Demand Draft, but if you can’t travel, you can still pay online via NEFT Transfer or UPI Payment.
Scholarships: The institute does not fail to help those students who are talented and passionate in their life, but cannot afford it. If the student is from the backward caste. In the documentation process, you need to submit your caste income certificate in order to avail scholarship from the institute.
Educational Loans: Banks are always available to provide financial help to the needful and educational loans are one of their priorities as a child’s future depends on it. And if you need a reference Acharya Institute even provides you with a letter saying you are associated with the college.
Career Scope & Placements
As I mentioned before, architecture is one of the highest-paid professions, and therefore, getting placed is not very difficult for students in an architectural firm. After completing B. Arch, the graduates are considered professionals because of the course structure the institute provides.
Career options after B Arch
When you complete your Bachelor in Architecture and still feel the urge to gain more knowledge and upgrade your skills, there are many postgraduate courses that you can opt for.
|M. Arch||2 Years|
|M. Des||2 Years|
|M. Planning||2 Years|
|M. Arch in Architectural Conservation||2 Years|
|M. Tech in Construction and Engineering||2 Years|
|M. Des in Industrial Design||2 Years|
|Master in Design Engineering||2 Years|
|Master in Project Management||2 Years|
Job Profiles for B. Arch Graduates
The scope of getting a job for B. Arch graduates is pretty high because of the demand and skills of the student. Many students opt for higher studies after B. Arch as they feel to educate themselves more in this field, which makes it easier for B. Arch graduates to get the job.
The job opportunities for B. Arch Graduates are
- Architectural Assistant.
- Architectural Journalist.
- Architectural Designer.
- Architectural Engineer.
- Project Assistant Manager.
- Interior Designer.
- Architectural Draftsman.
- Landscape Architect.
Placements at Acharya Institute
In order to achieve its vision and mission, Acharya Institute’s Placements is ambitious towards successfully placing its students in a reputed company. The Placement Cell provides internships to the fourth-year students and conducts interviews for the final-year students. The recruitment process for internships of fourth-year students is started in the month of June. The students are prepared for all types of interviews well in advance.
While studying their profession, the students also need to be ready for the industrial world. The students need to develop those skills which are compatible with the needs of the industry. Those skills are called Career Oriented Skills. Now, what exactly are Career Oriented Skills?
- Communication skills.
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Problem-Solving Skills.
- Technical Skills.
- Soft Skills.
To attain these skills, the Acharya Institute of Technology has established a Training Department which conducts professional programs and takes care of the training requirements for all its institution.
The institute follows a strategy of “Asses, Develop, Asses, Customize” (ADAC) that ensures the number of students getting placed increases gradually. The results of this strategy have been mirrored via the increase in the highest package offered to them.
BIM and CIDC Training
- Career Counseling, Letter Writing, Voice and Accent, Communication, Personality Development, Cosmic Calculation-I.
- Basic Grammar and Review, E-mail Writing, Personality Assessment Test.
- Quantitative Aptitude, Puzzles, Reasoning, Group Discussion.
- Mock Tests, Resume/CV Preparation, HR and Mock PI, Sessions, and Communication.
- Communication Skills: Positive Attitude, Stress Management, Articulation, IQ, and GK.
- Branding, Consumer Behavior and Retailing, Advertising and Media Sales Management, and Experimental Learning.
Placement Process Dimensions
- Updating students with the changes in dynamics of the corporate world.
- Understanding the students thoroughly to discover their strengths, weaknesses, and interests.
- Single-window ‘Pooled-Placement-Process’ on campus to help large recruiters.
- Training Programs for students to accomplish ‘Day-One’ Employability.
|TCS||Godrej||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Bosch||Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India||IBM|
Rankings and Recognitions
Acharya NRV School of Architecture Bangalore is one among the institutions under Acharya Group of Institutions. The School of Architecture is affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University which is ranked among the top institutes in Karnataka. It is approved by AICTE and the Council of Architecture (India) which makes it a reputable institute to study architecture.
Some of the awards achieved by the Acharya Institute are:
- Ranked #1 for Technology Enabled Library in India.
- Ranked #2 for the Most Diverse Private Campus in India.
- Bengaluru’s Largest Composite Academy.
- SIRO Status.
- Green Campus Award.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The Acharya Institute is spread across 120 acres in Bangalore. The Institute is built beautifully with green lush gardens to provide an appropriate environment for a suitable learning experience. They believe in building an environment on international level irrespective of where you are from.
Hostels: Acharya NRV School of Architecture Bangalore provides a hostel for both boys and girls which can accommodate 1500 students. The housing area has 12 residents with single, double, and three bedded rooms with TV and Newspaper in common areas. They also provide laundry services for the residents. Sports facilities and other facilities are available for students to take their minds off from studies. The Residents are supervised by the Chief Warden and Deputy Warden who are the faculty members of Acharya along with the assistance of Managers and Supervisors.
Mess: Highly maintained kitchen and hygienic cooking infrastructure serve both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. The Health and taste of the residents are given priority and the menu is prepared according to it. International students have the option of having food from the mess or preparing food themselves. International students are provided with a separate kitchen in their dorms.
Classrooms: The Institute has appointed a Learning Management System to assure a proper environment with well-built classrooms The classrooms at Acharya Institute are well-equipped with proper ventilation, seating arrangement, and various kinds of technological enhancements such as internet, computers, audio-visual aids, and many more. Digital learning platforms like online portfolios, discussion groups, and podcasts are available for students to enhance their knowledge of the subject.
Academic Studio: The Institute has built an Academic Studio for its Architecture and Engineering students designed in a way that puts students in a position where they need to understand the problem and build a solution accordingly. With the help of technology, the students can develop skills like designing, analytical thinking, and digital communication.
Counseling Center: The Institute is concerned about the future of their students, which is why they have opened a counseling center for them. The center is occupied by trained professionals with in-depth knowledge about career alternatives. Individual counseling, as well as group counseling, are provided by the center. They also conduct career-related programs to develop healthy career strategies for students.
Outbound Learning: Soft skills are equally important as technical skills. Keeping this in mind, the Institute has an Outbound Training Program. They conduct a Boot Camping Experience, where students spend some time away from the campus which helps in their personality, development, and communication skills.
Library: The Institute received the “LibTech 2019 Award” for the “Best Technology Enabled Library” by Library Technology Conclave 2019 (LTC-2019) Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin.
The Institute has a Central Library situated in the middle of the campus with Study Spaces, Research Assistance, and Instructional Resources. The Learning Center accommodates over 15000 students and 1000 faculty members. Internet access is available in all areas. It has a collection of more than 1,00,000 books including 200 print journals and 10,500 online journals. The college website consists of an e-library section that has over 1000 e-books including, books, back-volumes, and periodicals.
NCC: National Cadet Corps is a student wing of the Indian Armed Forces. The headquarters of NCC is in Delhi and it was established at Acharya Institute in the year 2012. The 9th Kar of Bangalore B group under Karnataka Goa Directorate are having 108 Cadets headed by Lt. Subramanyam B and Lt. Sowmya M A.
Sports: The Institute follows a philosophy of “ A Healthy Mind in a Healthy Body”. With this in mind, Acharya Institute has a huge sports infrastructure with multiple sports facilities available for its students. For each sport, they have qualified coaches and instructors to make it one of the best institutes for sports in Bangalore.
The Sporting Infrastructure includes :
- Basketball Courts.
- Kho-Kho Court.
- Indoor Sporting Facility.
- Tennis Court.
- Volleyball Court.
Acharya NRV School of Architecture Bangalore conducts major events to encourage sports enthusiasts to participate and show their talents in their respective sports. The events conducted are
- Acharya Premier League.
- Acharya Football League.
- Acharya Pro Kabaddi League.
- Acharya Volleyball Tournament.
College Contact Details
Address: Acharya Institutes, Acharya Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Road, Acharya P.O Soladevanahalli, Bangalore-560 107, Karnataka, India.
- Contact No: +91 74066444449.
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Acharya’s NRV School of Architecture a private college or government?
It is a private college.
2. Is Acharya NRV School of Architecture affiliated?
Yes, the school of Architecture is affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University.
3. When was Acharya Institute established?
It was established in the year 1990.
4. Is Acharya NRV School of Architecture a separate college?
Yes, the School of Architecture was established as a separate college in the year 2009.
5. What courses does the Acharya NRV School of Architecture provide?
It provides an undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Architecture.
6. What are the eligibility criteria for B. Arch?
The candidate should have passed 12 years of schooling and secured a minimum percentage of 40% on the NATA Test.
7. Does the college provide an internship?
Yes, the college provides an internship to its students in their fourth year.
8. Does the college provide training for placements?
Yes, the college provides training to students for their placements.
9. Does the college conduct on-campus placements?
Yes, the college conducts on-campus placement for the students in their final year.
10. What are the top recruiters of Acharya NRV School of Architecture
Bosch, IBM, Infosys, VMware, and SAP are a few top recruiters of Acharya NRV School of Architecture.
You can also checkout another architecture college by simply clicking the link below:
One Modest Ask:
I wish you have got your doubts cleared about this college in this blog. However, if you still have any doubts uncleared, you can ask us here. Also, if you are associated with Acharya NRV School of Architecture Bangalore in any manner, please do share your thoughts with us.