Architecture is no longer the same old profession as it earlier used to be. It has undergone unprecedented change during the current times .Due to the changes in technology and the social media, people are more aware of what to expect from the young architects. Such opportunities in the architectural field help to provide immense scope for the future. Architecture is being offered by the best colleges in Bangalore. Let me give you important details about RV College of Architecture Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- RV College of Architecture Overview
- Admissions at RV Architecture College
- Architecture Programs Offered
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Avenues
- Rankings and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
RV College of Architecture Overview
RV College of Architecture Bangalore was founded in the year 1992, which was initially started under the Department of Engineering. In 1995, the department shifted to the campus of RVCE. After that, in the year 2009, it gained its autonomy and was renamed as the School of Architecture. Later that year, it got approved by the COA (Council of Architecture) and got its affiliation from Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgavi, Karnataka.
|Name||R V College of Architecture|
|Address||C A Site no. 1, Banashankari 6th Stage, 4th Block, Near Chikka Gowdanapalya Village, Off Vajarahalli Main Road, Bengaluru – 560062|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)|
|Approved By||AICTE/ Council of Architecture|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Over a period of 25 years, the college has earned its name as an institution which is known for its academics, research and consultancy. Now, it is recognised as the Centre of quality education in the field of Architecture and Designing. With its continuous focus towards learning architecture, it has been successful in bringing academicians with specialised learning from the experts from the field, to help them in creating the right attitude in the young minds.
The institution has a group of esteemed faculties who are experienced and highly qualified in the field of architecture. Each of them have made significant contributions in the field of academics and research. They encourage students to participate in research activities and also help in inculcating the urge of performing well in academics.
R V Group of Institutions aims to provide education according to the standards, which makes the students different from other architectural students.In the past few years, the faculties and students have won lots of awards and recognitions.
RV College of Architecture Bangalore is located at C A Site no. 1, Banashankari 6th Stage, 4th Block, Near Chikka Gowdanapalya Village, Off Vajarahalli Main Road, Bengaluru – 560062. The college offers courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels viz., B Arch and M Arch.The annual intake for B Arch is 120 students and M Arch is 20 students per class.
The vision of the college is to establish an architectural institute with high standards, help in nurturing the academics, and research with professionalism for creating a developed society.
- The mission of the institution is to prepare professionals with creative thinking towards the field of architecture.
- To become the best centre for bringing the best talents, technology and infrastructure together.
- Promoting research activities in the areas of architecture and other disciplines.
- Share the benefits of its intellectuals with the society.
- To help in the collecting information about the latest development in academics, teaching and learning methodology through exchange programmes.
Student Exchange Programs
R V College of Architecture has agreement with these universities for the student exchange program:
- School of Architecture and Planning, Switzerland.
- Bern University, School of Architecture and Applied Sciences, Switzerland.
- Katholieke University, Belgium.
- Urban Design, London.
MOU’s with Firms
The college has signed MOU’s with the given government organisations and companies:
- Hafele India Ltd.
- M/S Rathi Associates, Bangalore.
- Yuvaka Sangha.
The college has agreement with some of the top educational institutions for activities in academics:
- It is an active member of United Nations Academics Impact.
- It is a participating member of the International Centre for Sites and Monuments.
- It is a recognised nodal centre for online courses offered by Education Training Institute by ISRO in Dehradun.
- Part of the Urban Health Digispace offered by the University of Boucham , Germany.
- Partnership with K R Mangalam University.
- Membership with Indian Institute of Architect and Urban Design, London.
Admissions at RV Architecture College
The details regarding admissions to the courses offered at RV College of Architecture Bangalore is given on the college website. To know more, please contact:
The Admissions Department
R V College of Architecture
Banashankari 6th Stage, 4th Block,
Off Vajarahalli Main Road,
The steps to be followed for admissions to the courses is as follows:
Step 1: Go to the admissions on the college website
Step 2: Candidates looking for admission to B. Arch can proceed to apply in 3 ways:
- Management Quota.
Candidates who are looking to take admission to M. Arch can proceed in 2 ways, which are PGCET and the Management quota.
Step 4: You are required to send the request for admissions along with scanned copies of the original documents to the college.
Step 5: After receiving your documents, the college will update you regarding the steps to be followed.
Eligibility Criteria for B Arch
- Arch is a graduate course for a duration of 5 years. The eligibility criteria for admission to B. Arch is as follows
- Candidates must have a valid NATA Score.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks or second class in Class 12th/ Intermediate/ PUC or any other equivalent examination.
- Must be a resident of Karnataka.
- Minimum age required is 17 years.
- Candidates must have scored 50% marks in NATA examination.
- Must have obtained 50% marks in 2nd PUC./.12TH or any other equivalent examination with Maths as one of the subjects.
- Must have appeared for NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 in General Category.
- Candidates must have scored 70% in Maths and Science separately in the 10th Standard.
- Must have obtained 65% in Physics and Maths separately in the 11th Standard.
- Must have scored minimum of 50% in PCM and 50% as aggregate.
- Compulsory to qualify in NATA.
Documents Required for B Arch
Documents required for getting admissions to B. Arch are:
- NATA Scorecard.
- JEE Main Paper 2 Result.
- Seat Allotment Memo.
- Date of birth proof of the candidate.
- Receipt of Fees.
- 12th Standard Mark sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate from the last institution.
- Medical Certificate.
Eligibility Criteria for M Arch
- Arch is a postgraduate course for a duration of 2 years. The eligibility criteria for M. Arch is as follows:
- Candidates must have completed B. Arch Degree from a recognised university with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- Must appear for PGCET (Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) which is conducted by KEA.
- Should have a valid NATA Score.
- Must have qualified B. Arch with 50% marks as aggregate in all the subjects, in order to become eligible for admissions to M. Arch.
- For SC/ ST/ Cat-I students, the aggregate score should be 45%.
Documents Required for M Arch
Documents required for getting admission to M. Arch are:
- B. Arch Passing Certificate and Mark sheet.
- PGCET Scorecard.
- NATA Scorecard.
- Caste/ Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Medical Certificate.
Important Exams Dates
The accepted examinations for admissions to B. Arch are JEE Main, JEE Advanced and NATA. Some states conduct their examination for admissions to B. Arch. The important dates for the exams are given below:
|Examination||Date of Registration||Date of Examination|
|NATA||8 April 2022-28 May 2022||12 June 2022|
|JEE Main||1 June 2022-30 June 2022||21 July 2022-30 July 2022|
|JEE Advanced||8 June 2022-14 June 2022||3 July 2022|
|COMEDK UGET||4TH week of March 2022- 3rd week of July 2022||4th week of July 2022|
Architecture Programs Offered
RV College of Architecture Bangalore offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in B. Arch and M. Arch respectively. The programs are recognized by the affiliating university and also approved by the COA (Council of Architecture). The curriculum offers a great exposure to students both theoretically and practically.
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Architecture or B. Arch is a 5-year duration program which is a combination of both the theoretical and practical aspects. It teaches the students to design, plan and construct the structures using appropriate principles and techniques.
The course curriculum consists of different aspects of streams such as engineering, humanities, aesthetics and so on. It is based on the theoretical aspect, project work, practical’s and research training.
Master of Architecture
Master of Architecture or M. Arch is a 2-year duration post graduate program. Its main focus is to integrate the knowledge about the Architectural Designs with other subjects. Some of the subjects are Building Information Modelling, Advanced Architectural Designs, Urban Design Studio and the research methodology in Architecture.
Faculty members play an integral part in guiding, mentoring and motivating the students, so as to make them professionals in the field. The Principal of the college is Mr. Om Prakash Bawane.His team of faculty members are:
- Mr. Suresh Krishna Murthy – Professor and Dean.
- Mr. Shreedhar K – Professor.
- Ms.Anuradha Dinesha – Professor.
- Mr. Phani Pingali – Professor.
- Mr. Amarnath M S – Associate Professor.
- Ms Mahalaxmi Karnad – Associate Professor.
- Mr.Shridhar Murthy BP – Associate Professor.
- Mr.Manjunath H R – Associate Professor and Associate Dean.
- Mr. Bakul Jani – Associate Professor.
- Mr.Bikramjit Chakraborty – Associate Professor.
- Mr. Girish Ramanathan – Associate Professor and many more.
The institution has set target for doing research projects for designing of small towns such as Srirangapatnam, Chidambaram and Bhavani. These places come under the Cauvery Delta. The projects involves transformation and changing the landscaping of these towns. It uses the historical practices to redesign the places, to bring them at par with the future.
The faculty members along with the students collaborate with each other to work on research based projects to publish research papers in national and international journals.
Program Fees Structure
The fees for the courses offered at R V College of Architecture is as follows:
|B. Arch||Rs 6,00,000/-||5 years|
|M. Arch||Rs 64,390/-||2 years|
Payment Method Options: The payment of the college fees can be done in different ways like Demand Draft, Cheques, NEFT Transfer, Net Banking and Online Payments through UPI. You can opt for any of the fees payment methods as per your convenience.
Scholarships: Scholarships are given to those students who are meritorious in academics and to those who require financial assistance. It is given to boost their self-confidence and also encourage them to achieve academic excellence in their life.
Educational Loans: Educational loans facility can be availed from the banks which are having tie-up with the college. You can get loans at comparatively cheaper interest rates from such banks.
Placements & Career Avenues
RV College of Architecture Bangalore has a placement cell which looks after the placements by collaborating with various companies, according to their requirements. It organises workshops, training and guest lectures to groom the students, so that they are industry ready. The students get placed in top architecture companies.
Architecture is a growing field with lots of opportunities available in India and abroad. Some of the job profile available after completion of the course are:
- Landscape Architect.
- Structural Engineer.
- Building Surveyor.
- Planning and Development Surveyor.
- Town planner.
- Interior designer.
|Kohn Pedersen Fox||Callison RTKL||HDR|
|Perkins & Will||HOK||Jacobs|
- Highest Pay Package: INR 8 LPA.
- Average Pay Package: INR 6 LPA.
Rankings and Achievements
RV College of Architecture Bangalore is ranked among the top colleges offering architecture. It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and also recognised by the Council of Architecture.
- In 2017, Outlook Magazine ranked the college at 12th position in the list of Top 15 Architecture Colleges in India. It continues to be ranked the best for its facilities and infrastructure.
- It was selected by the Council of Architecture as the best colleges which offer architecture courses by the Singapore Government in the year 2006.
- Top rated by well known architects Renu Mistry and Shahrukh as the Best College for Architecture.
- Has been recognised as the Centre for providing continuous education, quality improvement and research recognised by VTU. The college has organised 10 quality improvement and 2 continuous education programs.
- Got tied up with the Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland.
- The institution hosted a research methodology workshop in 1994.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
RV College of Architecture Bangalore is located at Banashankari 6th Stage, which is a lush-green place in South Bangalore. It has got a campus that is spread over 2.5 acres of land. The unique structure of the college is helpful in creating the learning environment for architecture. The campus comprises the academic Block, administrative block and the hostels.
Facilities offered on the campus are:
There is a separate block for the girl’s hostel with 43 bedrooms. Venkatadri Hostel is around 4 kms and has a capacity of 30 beds. Vegetarian mess offers meals to the students at a reasonable price.
Boys Hostel block has 43 bedrooms. An additional 30 beds are available at the Venkatadri Hostel. The mess provides vegetarian food to students staying in the hostel.
It is located outside where the students can get hands-on experience on the various components of a building such as walls, piers, arches, domes and so on, which uses different kinds of construction material.
The computer lab at R V College of Architecture has the latest software for the students to work on. There are 60 systems with latest configurations and software’s such as AutoCAD, Revit etc.
The Exhibition hall measures 180 square meters, which showcases the works of the students produced in their studios. The displays show an insight into the unique pedagogical approach.
The classrooms are fully equipped with modern teaching equipment, which can help in facilitation of an effective learning environment.
The hostel students are served healthy vegetarian food for all the meals. The mess has a student committee which decides the menu for the different meals like breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.
Studio for Fine Arts
The fine arts studio measures 120 square meters. Here, the students are made to explore the creative side with mediums such as clay, canvas, plaster of paris, wax as well as clay.It is equipped with potter wheels, easels and so on.
Workshop for model making
Workshop is a place where the students are given the opportunity to explore the imagination using different materials. It is useful during model making and designing workshops.The facility covers around 120 square metres.
Multipurpose Conference Hall
It is named after Professor Sudheendra Yelvagi. It has a seating capacity of around 250 persons. It is mainly used for conferences and other cultural activities.
The seminar hall has got a seating capacity of 120 people. It is used by faculty members to conduct workshops, seminars as well as guest lectures conducted by the experts in the field. It is fully equipped with modern equipment.
The students are encouraged to participate in various sports tournaments at the inter-college and state level competitions. Facilities for indoor and outdoor games are available within the campus.
There are 12 design studios which is fully equipped with around 40 workstations. It allows the student to explore his/her creative side in the designing field.
College Contact Details
Address: Site CA-1, Banashankari 6th Stage, 4th Block Near Chikagowdanapalya Village, Off, Vajarahalli Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560062.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone: 09448071524.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the courses offered by R V College of Architecture?
The courses offered by the college are B. Arch and M. Arch.
2. Which university is the college affiliated to?
The college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi, Karnataka.
3. Are the courses offered approved?
The courses offered are approved by the Council of Architecture and AICTE.
4. Where is the college located?
The college is located at C A Site no. 1, Banashankari 6th Stage, 4th Block, Near Chikka Gowdanapalya Village, Off Vajarahalli Main Road, Bengaluru.
5. How much time does it take to complete the B. Arch course?
It takes 5 years to complete the B. Arch course.
6. Does the college provide placements?
Yes, the college provides placement facilities to its students.
7. How much is the average package offered to architects?
The average package offered to architects is Rs 6,00,000/- per annum.
8. Is hostel accommodation provided by the college?
Yes, hostel accommodation is provided by the college for both boys and girls separately.
You can also go through my detailed post on another architecture college by simply clicking the link below:
One Modest Ask:
RV College of Architecture is among the best colleges for architecture courses. If you are an alumnus of RV College of Architecture Bangalore or currently studying now, please write a review in the comments section. Your views can be helpful to the upcoming architecture aspirants.