Are you looking for one of the best girls’ colleges for dentistry? If yes, then Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam might just be the right choice for you!
Do you know how many dentists in India are females? In all Indian dentistry institutions, women make up between 50 and 60 per cent of the student body. Additionally, roughly 15% of the administrators in dental universities in India are female, making up a portion of the current 25% of female dentists. This percentage was only about 3% before the 1970s. Women eventually made their path to a degree, to become recognized dentists, and imposed practice schedules by fighting and struggling on a regular basis. This information would make you want to study dentistry more, isn’t it? So, without any further waiting, let’s talk about dentistry and Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam.
Table of Contents
- Vivekanandha Women Dental College Overview
- Admissions to Vivekanandha Women Dental College
- Dentistry Programs Offered
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Vivekanandha Women Dental College Overview
Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam is one of the most successful dental colleges established in the year 2007 with an affiliation with Dr MGR Medical University, Tamilnadu, India, and approval of the Dental Council of India. The college is currently running under Vivekanandha Educational Institutions.
|Name||Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam|
|Address||9W7X+P8R, Vivekanandha Hospital Rd, Elaiyampalayam, Tamil Nadu 637205|
|Affiliated to||Dr MGR Medical University|
|Recognized by||Dental Council of India|
The college is the first and sole dentistry institution in India that prides itself on admitting solely female applicants and providing specialized learning opportunities. It is made up of the most cutting-edge institution and the best staff combination, who serve as its pillars. The college has quite a prestigious name among the To-ranked DCI Approved BDS Schools in India.
Background of the Institute
Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam started its educational journey with 50 students in 2007. The college attained the next milestone in 2013 when the number of seats for the BDS program increased from 50 to 100. They continued on because of their will to succeed and began the MDS program in 8 specializations in 2015.
- To advance in dental education
- To encourage and support the very productive, creative women of our country.
- To provide women with value-based, high-tech education.
- To inspire women to compete globally and be empowered for the future.
Colleges Under Vivekanandha Educational Institution
- Vivekanandha Educational Institute.
- Vivekanandha Pharmacy College for Women.
- Vivekanandha Institute of Information and Management Studies.
- Vivekanandha College of Arts & Sciences for Women.
- Vivekanandha College for Women.
- Krishna College of Education For Women.
- Vivekanandha Arts & Science College for Women.
- Vivekanandha Dental College for Women.
- Swamy Vivekanandha College of Pharmacy.
- Vivekanandha College of Nursing.
- Vivekanandha College of Engineering for Women.
- Swamy Vivekanandha Physiotherapy College.
- Vivekanandha Nursing College for Women.
- Viswabharathi College of Education for Women.
- Vivekanandha Allied Health Science.
- Rabindranath Tagore College of Education for Women.
- Vivekanandha Institute of Health Science & Research.
- Vivekanandha College of Technology for Women.
- Vivekanandha Vidhya Bhavan Matric Higher Secondary School.
- Swamy Vivekanandha Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College.
- Vivekanandha College of Education for Women.
- Krishnasree College of Education For Women.
Admissions to Vivekanandha Women Dental College
Vivekananda Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam offers one undergraduate and one post-graduate course in the field of dentistry. In order to get admission to any of the courses, you will have to follow a certain procedure and pass the eligibility criteria. I am going to tell you all the required information about the admission process in this snippet.
The intake capacity for the courses in BDS and MDS with specializations is given below.
|Course Name||Intake Capacity|
|MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||3|
|MDS in Prosthodontics, Crown & Bridge||2|
|MDS in Oral Medicine & Radiology||2|
|MDS in Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics.||2|
|MDS in Oral Pathology and Microbiology||3|
|MDS in Public Health Dentistry||2|
|MDS in Periodontics||3|
|MDS in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3|
Step 1: Visit the admission office of Vivekananda Educational Institutions and collect the application form for your desired course.
Step 2: Fill out the application form with appropriate details.
Step 3: Attach the required documents along with the application form.
Step 4: Visit the admission office of Vivekananda Educational Institutions to submit the form with the admission booking charge.
Eligibility Required for BDS
- The candidate should be aged 17 years and above before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The candidate should have completed his 10 + 2 examination or any equivalent examinations consisting of Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Biology as a part of its curriculum.
- General Category candidates should have scored an aggregate of 50% marks.
- SC/ ST candidates should have scored an aggregate of 40% marks.
- 10th Marks Card.
- 12th Marks Card.
- Aadhar Card.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Income Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate.
- Community Certificate.
- First Graduate Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (For Non-Karnataka Candidates).
- Physical Fitness and Blood Group Certificate.
- Native Certificate.
- Agreement Bond.
- Allotment Order (For Government Quota Candidates).
- Tuition Fee Bank Challan (For Government Quota Candidates).
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
- The candidate should have passed BDS Degree examinations in any University recognized by the Indian Dental Council.
- The candidate should have completed his one year of C.R.R.I along with BDS Degree.
Documents Required for MDS
- 10th & 12th Marks Card.
- All Semester Marks Cards.
- Provisional Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Income Certificate.
- Native Certificate.
- Community Certificate.
- Attempt Certificate.
- Degree Certificate.
- CRRI Completion.
- DCI Registration Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Tuition Fee Challan (For Government Quota Candidates).
- Allotment Order (For Government Quota Candidates).
- NOC Form DCI (NRI).
Admission Rules and Regulations
- At the time of admission confirmation, all of the above-mentioned original certificates should be provided.
- The Government of Tamil Nadu’s regulations will be followed for the confirmation of all admissions.
- Admissions to this college are granted with the understanding that individuals accepted will follow all current management rules and regulations as well as any that may be enforced or changed as needed from time to time.
Dentistry Programs Offered
Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam offers two most important courses in the field of dentistry namely Bachelor of Dental Surgery and Master of Dental Surgery. Let’s talk about the courses and other related areas of the courses offered by the college.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
A bachelor’s degree in dental sciences takes five years to complete, the first three of which are spent learning about general medicine and pre-clinical dentistry before completing yearly university exams. Clinical dental training is covered in the last year. After passing their university exams, qualified students must do a one-year mandatory rotational internship in every department.
Course Objectives for BDS
- The ability to evaluate and analyze a variety of proven facts and data scientifically; enough knowledge of the scientific principles on which dentistry is founded; a solid understanding of numerous relevant scientific procedures and biological function principles.
- Adequate understanding of the growth, make-up, and behaviour of the teeth, mouth, jaws, and associated tissues in health and disease, as well as how those factors relate to and affect the patient’s overall health.
- A sufficient understanding of the clinical disciplines, techniques, and approaches that give a comprehensive picture of abnormalities, lesions, and diseases of the mouth, jaws, preventive diagnostic, and therapeutic facets of dentistry.
- For a general dental practice, adequate clinical experience is essential.
- Having sufficient knowledge of the makeup, biological processes, and behaviours of people in health and disease, as well as the effects of the natural and social surroundings on health insofar as they relate to dentistry.
Master and Specialties
The Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) degree offers graduate study in many dental specialities. Each discipline program’s goal is to equip graduate students with the skills necessary to practice as certified dental specialists. The courses encourage the growth of analytical thinking, research techniques, and advanced clinical abilities that will be accepted for specialist registration. In their selected fields of specialization, the programs educate students to work as practitioners and advising consultants. There are papers on advanced clinical science, advanced clinical practice, and research methodologies and practice within each curriculum.
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry.
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics.
- Prosthodontics, Crown & Bridge.
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
- Public Health Dentistry.
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology.
- Oral Medicine & Radiology.
The faculty is the foundation of the institution, and their dedication to dental education has resulted in 90 to 100% pass rates on university exams each year, with distinctions and honours making up 75% of the total.
|Dr. K. Balu||Professor & HOD||Prosthodontics, Crown & Bridge|
|Dr. S. Elanchezhiyan||Professor and HOD||Periodontics|
|Dr. Rajkumar Daniel||Professor and HOD||Periodontics|
|Dr. A. Andamuthu Sivakumar||Professor and HOD||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Dr. J. S. Sivakumar||Professor and HOD||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Dr. S. Nagalakshmi||Professor and HOD||Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|Dr. Girish R Shavi||Professor and HOD||Public Health Dentistry|
|Dr. S. Shankar||Professor and HOD||Public Health Dentistry|
|Dr. M. Gawthaman||Professor and HOD||Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry|
|Dr. N. Ganapathy||Professor and HOD||Oral Pathology & Microbiology|
|Dr. V. Mahesh Mathian||Professor and HOD||Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry|
|Dr. N. Balan||Professor and HOD||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Dr. M. Sudhaa Mani||Professor and HOD||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Dr. S. Venkatraman||Professor and HOD||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dr. Syed Khalid Altaf||Professor||Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|Dr. R. J. Aravind||Professor||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dr. B. K. Rajkumar||Professor||Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|Dr. T. Kavin||Professor||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dr. R Ramya Nethravathy||Additional Professor||Periodontics|
|Dr. R S Ahathya||Additional Professor||Periodontics|
|Dr. AjiMarkose||Additional Professor||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Dr. A. S. Prasad||Associate Professor||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Dr. M. Chittrarasu||Associate Professor||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Dr. P. V. Shyamala||Additional Professor||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Dr. G. Lalithambigai||Associate Professor||Public Health Dentistry|
|Dr. Sivaraman G||Associate Professor||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Dr. S. P. Indrakumar||Associate Professor||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dr. R. Narendar||Associate Professor||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dr. Ambiga P||Associate Professor||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Dr. Yasmeen Ahamed S||Associate Professor||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
Program Fees Structure
Although I gave you all the details about the college, admission requirements, and course content, you certainly would want to know more about the tuition costs. You won’t be let down, I’m certain of that. On that topic, allow me to discuss the fee structure for the BDS and MDS programs at Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam.
|Course Name||Fees/ yr||Duration|
|MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||3 years|
|MDS in Prosthodontics, Crown & Bridge||3 years|
|MDS in Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 years|
|MDS in Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics.||3 years|
|MDS in Oral Pathology and Microbiology||3 years|
|MDS in Public Health Dentistry||3 years|
|MDS in Periodontics||3 years|
|MDS in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 years|
- Online Payment: Payments can be made to the appropriate college account by NEFT, IMPS, or UPI.
- Demand Draft
- Angammal Educational Trust Payable in Erode should be the beneficiary of payments made through DEMAND DRAFT (DD).
- Send the original DD and the completed New Student Bio-Data form to the appropriate college address.
Scholarships: Many potential candidates in our nation have long wished to become doctors, but a number of obstacles prevent them from realizing their dreams. Top of the list, especially for the lower classes, is the financial situation. What are the candidates supposed to do? These candidates receive financial assistance from the government and other public organizations so they can pursue their goals.
Educational Loans: Investing money into a candidate’s education is the finest approach to motivating him to reach his potential. Taking this idea into account, numerous banks and private organizations provide money to candidates. Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam is one of the colleges that receive financial aid from Credenc to help students pursue their academic goals.
Loan Application Procedure
Step 1: Visit their website and complete the online application form there.
Step 2: Test your hard and soft talents by enrolling in an assessment.
Step 3: You’ll get the finest deal with the expert’s assistance.
Placements & Career Opportunities
The field of dentistry can provide you with a wide range of employment opportunities. It incorporates a special fusion of entrepreneurialism and medical research. The typical scenario for a medical student after graduation would be to work at a hospital, while in dentistry, it is more normal for students to plan to open their own practice. The profession is distinctive and fascinating because of this aspect. Let’s investigate the reach and possibilities of dentistry!
Every BDS student must complete a one-year internship as part of their course requirements. If they don’t, they won’t be able to graduate and advance in their careers. You must be wondering at this point why completing a year-long internship is so crucial. Well, there are several explanations that support yours why!
Why do Internships in BDS?
- Increases your knowledge about dentistry.
- Boost your clinical aptitude.
- Develop self-assurance in one’s abilities and skills.
- Boost your communication abilities.
- Develop your professionalism.
- Develop your research skills in science.
- Boost dental projects run by volunteers and the community.
Job Roles for BDS Grads
- Dental Surgeon.
- Dental Assistant.
- Medical Representative.
- Oral Pathologist.
- Oral Surgery.
- Medical Writer.
- Dental Lab Technician.
- Sales Manager.
Job Roles for MDS Grads
- Clinical Research Scientist.
- Dental Hygienist.
- General Practitioner.
Jobs in the Private Sector
- General Medicine Professional.
- Dental Assistant.
- Dental Risk Analyst.
- Clinical Analyst.
- Medical Writer.
- Consultant Implantologist.
- Marketing Executive.
Jobs in Government Sector
- Senior Resident.
- Project Assistant.
- Research Associate.
- Research Officer.
- Program Manager.
- MDS Operations Analyst.
- Medical Data Abstractor.
Student Counseling Centre
The Student Counseling Center is set up for the benefit of the students. After enrolling in a professional program, students may experience a variety of challenges in settings where they must meet several physical and mental demands. They could experience excessive stress from their schoolwork and daily lives at times. They can benefit from a student counsellor at that point.
From first-year BDS to final-year and CRRIs, the college has designated a student counsellor for each of the years. Their stresses would be reduced by speaking and sharing with a counsellor, allowing them to resume their normal activities.
Rankings and Achievements
Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam is one of the best dental colleges for women. The college is affiliated with Dr MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu, and approved by the Dental Council of India. The college has also achieved many awards for its excellence in education.
- “Best Emerging Dental College in India” at Asia 2nd Dental Implant Symposium Maxicourse by Shifa Smile Educational Trust in 2019.
- Dean Dr S. Gokulanathan received a “Lifetime Achievement Award” for his services in the field of Dental Education in 2019.
- “Best Paper & Poster Presentation” was awarded to Dr Mudiayirakani and Dr Afrose Fathima. M at International Dental Conference Dubai in 2018.
- Dr V. Vinitha received a Gold Medal in the Zonal Level Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Medal Exam in 2018.
- The UG students of the college received an Overall Championship in Dentasculpt in an intercollege competition in 2018.
- International Dental Conference Dubai (2018)
- Dr. M. Mudiyayirakkani – Gold Medal.
- Dr. A. Kalyani Behera – Silver Medal.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Classrooms: The classrooms in Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam provides its students with spacious classrooms which can accommodate about 120 students. The classrooms are integrated with Audio-Visual Technology and air-conditioner.
Laboratory: The laboratories play a proper supporting role in the teaching experience of the students. 70 students can be accommodated in every laboratory. The laboratories are aided with demo rooms for students to organize meetings.
Library: The college is especially proud of its enormous library, which measures 8000 square feet and has air conditioning and natural lighting for the comfort of readers. More than 300 pupils can be accommodated there at once. The library is well-equipped with contemporary tools and materials, including books, journals, back issues of periodicals, WHO publications, and internet databases. More than 3,000 books are available for checkout from the library, which also includes ongoing subscriptions to more than 80 international and national publications in the field of health sciences.
Auditorium: The Vivekanandha Auditorium has full air conditioning and is outfitted with Radial Round Aluminum Spot Light. In the auditorium, 5000 students might be present at once. The location for international and domestic seminars, conferences, workshops, college day events, and meetings, among other events.
Hostel: The hostel is not just a place to sleep; it is also a house that connotes all of a home’s positive qualities. Here, students come for a once-in-a-lifetime experience rather than merely housing and accommodation. On the right note, Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam has offered excellent lodging options including well-appointed double, triple, and four-person rooms with WiFi, a large and artistic layout, a hygienic kitchen, spacious dining halls, and indoor courts for table tennis and shuttle.
Sports: In addition to academics, the institute values teamwork and good sportsmanship in its pupils. Students have plenty of chances to display their latent talents in athletic and cultural events. The university has a sizable outdoor playground with a physical trainer. A number of intercollegiate sporting activities are also scheduled throughout the year to help students foster a spirit of healthy competition and teamwork. Additionally, the campus offers a good infrastructure for many other indoor and outdoor games. A gym is available with a health coach to motivate students to get active and live a healthy lifestyle.
College Contact Details
Address: 9W7X+P8R, Vivekanandha Hospital Rd, Elaiyampalayam, Tamil Nadu 637205.
- Email Id: email@example.com.
- Contact No: 09443734565.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam established?
The college was established in 2007.
2. Is the college affiliated with any renowned university?
Yes, the college is affiliated with Dr MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu.
3. How many courses does Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam offer?
The college offers BDS and MDS with Specializations.
4. What is the intake capacity for BDS in Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam?
The intake capacity for BDS is 100.
5. What is the duration of an MDS course?
The course duration of an MDS course is 3 years.
6. Will the BDS course have an internship also?
Yes, the BDS course has an internship of one year in the final year of the course curriculum.
7. How can I contact Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam?
You can call on the college contact number - 09443734565, or mail them on their email id - firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Does the college provide a hostel?
Yes, Vivekanandha Dental College for Women, Elayampalayam provides a hostel to its students.
If you wish to check out another dental college, you can follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
One Modest Ask To Our Readers:
Experience is the best knowledge! If you are one of those who have experienced studying in this college or any other experience in this college, kindly share your thoughts and experience in this comment section for our dental aspirants. This could greatly help students in their future careers.